Photo

Nerf Shotgun Idea

8 replies to this topic

#1 kimiharu

kimiharu

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:52 PM

i was at dollarama and me and my friend bought party popper you know the the ones you twist and a whole crap load of confetti comes out? well i shoved about 7 stock slipstream bullets inside and turned and it went about 10ft with a 5ft spread. any ideas on making this into a gun?

#2 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:56 PM

Not to moderate here, but here's a few tips: For one, your grammar is awful. Fix it. Soon. And why don't you just get out there and try it? Then tell us how it goes.
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#3 kimiharu

kimiharu

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:02 PM

Not to moderate here, but here's a few tips: For one, your grammar is awful. Fix it. Soon. And why don't you just get out there and try it? Then tell us how it goes.

sorry I didn't take my time on writing it. I will but i'm wondering about a trigger system?

#4 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:17 PM

sorry I didn't take my time on writing it. I will but i'm wondering about a trigger system?

why not hold it in your hand and shoot it? or you could try putting it in a nf shell and hooking the trigger up to the string. Or you could make a simple frame and put a clothespin type trigger. Or you could think a wee bit and come up with your design.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#5 DarkKnight

DarkKnight

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:23 PM

g-force, I too am new - but I've spent months lurking through the forums. One of the sections is labeled "Homemades" (which you've obviously found) and should have a ton of stuff to give you ideas. My first homemade (an actual bow) took like 2 weeks to build, and still leaves a lot to be desired (shoots like 10 feet). My second homemade actually shoots 40 feet (so far, haven't tested the pumps yet).

Anywho, what I'm trying to get across is that some of the pictures in Homemades will give you a good idea. Not to mention that most of the older crew here have commented on projects and builds that it would also point you in an inspired direction.

Try it out - have fun. But make sure you do the research before building (such as PVC air pump type of homemades). In construction, they keep saying "measure twice, build once".

Losers always whine about their best... Winners go home and fcsk the prom queen.

#6 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:19 PM

i was at dollarama and me and my friend bought party popper you know the the ones you twist and a whole crap load of confetti comes out? well i shoved about 7 stock slipstream bullets inside and turned and it went about 10ft with a 5ft spread. any ideas on making this into a gun?

Don't.

The idea is novel, but not practical. Not everyone wants to go through a whole bunch of trouble gluing PVC and other stuff onto a party popper for one shot.

If it thrills you go ahead and make something! Post a picture of your finished "shotgun". But I wouldn't think that a whole lot of people here would line up to make one.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#7 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:08 AM

10 ft? Yeah...definitely not using that in a war. I'll just stick to shotgun loading my barrels. However, I'd like to see a finished product. So, go for it, you never know...welcome to the Haven :)
Proverbs says, "The wise man doth not shoot the Viking in the ding ding for he shall pummel thee."

But you can totally shoot Vacc there, he loves it!

~Talio

#8 h2player116

h2player116

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:33 AM

I guess this could possibly be a new grenade if you find a way for it to explode open on impact. Not sure how you're going to do that though.

#9 anders

anders

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:34 PM

What the dude means is one of those spring loaded ones. They tend to have a very short although insanely powerful spring. I have tried this many times and they work great for clearing room and such. If you look in the homemades thread you will see that I posted a pic of one of those mounted on a discgun. This was years ago so it's probably in the back somewhere.
http://nerfhaven.com...opic=3861&st=60

Edited by anders, 06 August 2008 - 06:36 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Aug 16 2007, 03:52 AM) View Post

Does posting in agreement somehow validate your standing in the community? Personally I think it just makes you look like a tool.

the el snapo again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users