Wisey's Content

There have been 57 items by Wisey (Search limited from 22-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#134035 Disc Shot Pistol

Posted by Wisey on 27 December 2007 - 07:35 PM in Modifications

EVENTUAL it probably would break. But as would anything. I'm pretty sure NF's have exactly/nearly the same internals, and they last for agis with a industrial spring in it. As I live in the UK, there are no Ace's over here, so I couldn't be certian.

I once got a modded NF from ebay, from the US, with a industrial spring in it. Now weather it is a Ace #49 spring, I could not tell you. But since most people use that spring in NF's I can only asume it is. And that thing has been fired blank, tossed around, droped, sprayed, sprayed agian (I could go on...) and is now about 2 years old, and is as it was new. So I'd just do it eitherway.

#139555 Recon Front Gun Mod

Posted by Wisey on 11 February 2008 - 07:37 AM in Modifications

That's pretty cool and very neat. Just wondering; how do you fire it?

#131317 Hornet Help

Posted by Wisey on 03 December 2007 - 12:57 PM in Modifications

Humm, depends if it trys to pruessurise the v.short pipe. Shouldn't do though should it? Well, I don't think so.

I know, I'll find a small G-clamp and put it tight on the pipe and see if i can block the air, and see what happends then.

Thanks for your help I'll get back to you on what happends. =]

#131280 Hornet Help

Posted by Wisey on 02 December 2007 - 06:30 PM in Modifications

Okay, so I've got my account validated now. Which is good. ^^

I've also figured that filling it up with hotglue won't work becuase the tanks charge up and realase sepparatly. So filling it with hot glue would work for a bit, but the tank may break... unless theres separte over pressure valves on each of the tanks, which I very much dout.

*is still in need of help*

#132779 New Nitefinder?

Posted by Wisey on 17 December 2007 - 01:25 PM in General Nerf

It might just be the picture, but it looks like that thing fires megas and has no air restrictors. If that's the case, then I know why it's cheaper than a normal NF.

It says on the website that it uses micros, although I do see what you mean and would of beileved you if I hadn't looked at the site itself:

Line up the red light beam in your target and ready, aim, fire! Includes 3 micro darts and target with stand.

Did anyone else notice the review at the bottom?

This is a bad gun, no power behind it.
This is the worst gun in my arsenal.
The older Nite Finder is better because it shoots harder and more accurate.
This is a good gun for mothers who don't want their kids to get hurt.
You can't get hurt by this gun because it is so weak.

So, surely if was just a re-colour of the orignal Nitefinder then it would be more powerful than this guy claims? Althoungh he could have got a defunked one...

#137587 Call Of Duty 4

Posted by Wisey on 28 January 2008 - 06:31 AM in Off Topic

I added you (ultra) quite some time ago, and if I remeber we once tried to start a party and join each others games, but it wasn't liking it (not for me anyway). I heard something about there being a set of servers Europe and a different set for the US, I've never played with anyone (with a mic, that i've noticed) from the US, most of them seem to be french... So does anyone know if this is why we couldn't play together?

#134048 Call Of Duty 4

Posted by Wisey on 27 December 2007 - 07:58 PM in Off Topic

I too got a PS3 for christmas (and of course it kick ass).

I really suck at any FPS atm (except Unreal Tournament '04 and Timsplitters which I'm just avarage at). But I have CoD4 and if you care my PSN is sharksanddanger (before you ask, it's an Alexisonfire song title *cough*crisis sucks*cough*).

=]

#133286 What Kind Of Glue To Use

Posted by Wisey on 21 December 2007 - 04:56 AM in Modifications

I use a large mixture of super and hot glue. I use the super glue first, and then the hot glue. it holds very strong.

I've tried that before (for a clipped BBB) and it does hold pretty well.

As for Araldite and Bisonite, I'm not sure where you can get them. Although I havn't seen Bisonite around for a while, I did find somewhere selling it when I Googled it though. I remeber reading on the packet that 1cm³ of Bisoite can hold something like 30 stone (420 pounds) I don't know if thats true or not but it's pretty insane even if it's half that. Although dunno how pointful it is really as the stuff you bond together with it will break before the glue itself does.

#133241 What Kind Of Glue To Use

Posted by Wisey on 20 December 2007 - 07:10 PM in Modifications

I kninda know what you mean about hotglue, although I find it good for testing things, becuase it just rips off if you want to change something (e.g. a barrel replacement).

I use Araldite for permanate fixtures, or Bisonite, which is insansly strong. Once you glued something with that stuff, it ain't coming off.

#132625 What Gun Is This?

Posted by Wisey on 16 December 2007 - 05:20 AM in General Nerf

Oh my...It's J_cobbers! You are so cool! If anyone didn't know...

Oh my! You have a crazed fan girl. XD
Well done you... seriously.

ON TOPIC: Thats a pretty cool looking gun, I like the way it's full on LIME GREEN!

#132624 Dtg Help

Posted by Wisey on 16 December 2007 - 05:06 AM in Modifications

The banding helpped a little, like 5FT more the most.

Humm, I'll have to range test mine agianst the one with no banding... to see if, like you say with yours, it dosn't make alot of difference. It might not y'know, I've only tested mine inside.

#132580 Dtg Help

Posted by Wisey on 15 December 2007 - 07:36 PM in Modifications

You could try some of my bodge-ary and do some lazy internal banding:

All you need to do is open her up and wrap a couple of those big elastic bands around the end of the plunger rod and forwads to the screw mount things, like so:

http://i83.photobuck...rf/IMG_3228.jpg

Just be careful they don't fly off anf hit you in the face or something. You could try more than two, but I found the shell of the gun started to bend at two, and the two shell halfs didn't meet up properly till I put some screws in.

http://i83.photobuck...rf/IMG_3225.jpg

It seems to add a fair bit more power, although I havn't range tested it yet, and it took me less than 10mins to do. It might just have the power to get your darts out of those tight-ass barrels (I quite like FA's comparison XD).

PS: I linked because I cba to resize...

#143163 Bbb+at3k Question

Posted by Wisey on 29 February 2008 - 04:18 AM in Modifications

Rather then post 2 topics, I decided to post one. PC, it doesn't matter if its with the shell or not, just as long as i have a working at3k (turreted, not singled)

I'm defantly going to try it as soon as I get hold of a AT3k. Weather it'll have to be manualy roatated or not, i'm not sure yet, I'll probably post a write IF I can get the turret to rotate when the triger is pressed. The esayest way would just be to glue the internals onto the side of the BBB with some hot glue. Try looking through the last 10-20 pages (or all of it, acctualy) of the pictures thread, I'm sure I've seen a couple of people who've done it before.

#132628 Ramrod Missle Gun Mods

Posted by Wisey on 16 December 2007 - 08:05 AM in Modifications

Me and a friend have about 5 of these (they were 50p each...) and they do suck. We use the body of 'em for flags in CTF (one red, one blue, how origianal). We painted the cardboard bit black so they looked a little better.

But I mostly use the rockets to fire from modded super soakers (Flash Flood) they fit perfectly onto some large copper pipe I found in the shed, and with a smaller barrel inside I can fire stephans too. I'd say the Rocket gets 50-60ft due the large air delievery of modded super soakers, which is pretty good. Except don't expect to hit anything with it... (it takes about 45 pumps per shot though, so useless in a war, cept maybe with a side arm)

#133899 Sm750 Integratee

Posted by Wisey on 26 December 2007 - 06:36 PM in Modifications

Personaly I'd put on the shotty BBB, becuase I should imagen that has the slowest ROF? And thus putting the SM750 on there would give you a shot (with very good range) while you reload.

Or the FireFly because you might be able the get all of the SM750 inside the body of it, and the bottom bity thing (the bit from the bottom of the grip to near the back of the gun) would make an awsome place to put the pump. That way you'd have a fast ROF shot and a long range shot. I was thinking of doing the same thing myself with a modded supersoaker.

#135592 Ebay Bid Style

Posted by Wisey on 11 January 2008 - 05:06 AM in Site Feedback

Correct me if i'm wrong, but it's pretty much up to the seller on how they sell there guns/parts/whatever. So if they wanted to sell something with bids, they could. But it would be manual of course, not automated like ebay. So you'd basicly just post what your bid was.

Although usualy it's based on either the first person to offer. Or the highest offer (highest offer could enivitably turn into "biding").

Also, it would take vast ammounts of time to create and implement a system thats anything like ebay's. And I'm not sure if many/any people here have the skills to anyway. For the small ammount of stuff thats sold on this site, it's just not worth it. If you want a bidding system like ebay's, put your item on ebay and link to it here.

EDIT: Just realise this is prolly back-seat moderating. Feel free to shoot me down.

#132989 The Uk

Posted by Wisey on 18 December 2007 - 07:12 PM in Nerf Wars

I don't know if this has been asked before. I tried using search but couldn't find anything.

But are there any Nerfers from the UK? Does anyone know any? Are you one? I personaly live near York, and i'll soon be going to uni, I was also wondering if they're any campus's that have Nerf wars too? Theres only a few people that Nerf in my town all of which are my friends, and only know about Nerf becuase of one person that stumbled accross double shots when he was in Spain... so I was asking mainly out of intrest and if there are any wars over here I could play.