Ro-Sham-Bo's Content

There have been 120 items by Ro-Sham-Bo (Search limited from 01-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#168068 Michigan Nerf (farmingtion Area)

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 11 August 2008 - 11:46 AM in Nerf Wars

Can we just hammer out a date and a place for this? I want to do this and soon. What difference is 20-30 miles?

#167788 Nf Fix

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 10 August 2008 - 12:26 PM in Modifications

Pineapple, I believe an mmo is a massive multiplayer online game. I think. I'm not much for internet gaming.

Other note: Yeah! 100th post

#167750 Easiest Gun To Mod

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 10 August 2008 - 09:46 AM in Modifications

I'm getting really sick of new members getting on here and just making a pointless topic that could have been avoided, all because they were to lazy to search and just decide to ask everyone else. I know I'm not going to stop anyone but, please try to control your laziness or your plain old stupidity.
Rant aside, The Big Bad Bow- Saw off the barrel. Titan- saw off the end of the barrel and the inside of the nub it attaches to. Those are some of the easiest.

#167506 Michigan Nerf (farmingtion Area)

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 08 August 2008 - 09:43 PM in Nerf Wars

I don't really care where this goes down as long as it goes down. I'm itchin' to get out and nerf so, I don't care where it's done, so long as we do it.

#167502 Is It Possible To Run A Car On Sugar?

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 08 August 2008 - 09:39 PM in Off Topic

Anything is possible. Like fixing your capitalization. But, joking aside, anything IS possible it just depends on what you have to do to make it happen.

#167423 Michigan Nerf (farmingtion Area)

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 08 August 2008 - 04:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Saturday works for me. I'll just have to see about everyone else I might be bringing to see if they're open on that day. I love how Indy started this topic and then oodalumps took over. Makes me laugh. At least the work is getting done.

#167420 Super Moded Cool Looking Target Tech Mod

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 08 August 2008 - 03:59 PM in Modifications

As Jabulus said, please don't post angled ranges. They are next to if not worthless. Also, please fix your capitalization. I've been noticing a lack of that sort of thing and it's getting to be rather annoying.

#167399 Michigan Nerf (farmingtion Area)

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 08 August 2008 - 02:00 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm loving the chain link fortress myself. We need to hammer out a time and place so people can know if they are available. So, if we could get all that worked out, this could be an awesome time.

#167072 Michigan Nerf (farmingtion Area)

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 07 August 2008 - 09:48 AM in Nerf Wars

I'd be interested in coming down and I may have a few people who might be able to come with me. The 15th-17th I'm unavalable but, other than that, looks good for weekends.
I believe Lefty and Uriel of HQ are in your area. You should shoot them a PM and see if they're in.

#166972 Big Maverick Problem! I Really Need Help On This.

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 06 August 2008 - 09:37 PM in Modifications

Is the hexagon bit going into the turret? The hexagon thing that sticks out just underneath the plunger tube bits. Do you know what I mean?

#166964 A Short Vulcan "commercial" I Made.

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 06 August 2008 - 09:11 PM in General Nerf

Damn funny I must say. Good job. Keep up the uh..work should you continue to make videos.

#165854 Though You Guys Might Want To See This

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 01 August 2008 - 01:58 PM in General Nerf

The Lancer is the only modded gun I've seen thats worth more than two hundred or so but that went for over a thousand. TAiLsChaser may be right. There may be some shenanigans at hand but, if he's wrong then good job to you.
You found some sucker somewhere who will pay big money to someone who has only sold two things.

#165244 Swashbuckler's Heaven

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 29 July 2008 - 07:07 PM in Nerf Wars

I like it. It sounds like a rather fun idea. I'll have to try it sometime. I like the idea of sword play it can be elegant down to an art form. I know I'm not the only one who enjoys the art of sword swinging as there have been quite a few sword topics and quite a few replies in them.

#161890 Shrapnel Grenade

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 07 July 2008 - 09:45 PM in Homemades

This is a fairly simple idea that I haven't yet seen done. I don't believe that this requires pictures. That's how painfully simple this idea is.
Enough talk. Here's the story: I accidentally cooked a batch of Stefans too long. So long, they no longer worked in my barrels. I was pissed until I had an epiphany of an idea. I plugged in my glue gun, got my scissors, and got to work.

Step1: Take your Stephan and cut it in half (Assuming you are making two inch Stefans)

Step2: Put hot glue on the tip just like in FA_24's Stephan making tutorial

Step3: Let cool and stuff in a fold-able Frisbee

Step4: Toss your newly improved barricade buster (grenade) at someone

EDIT: Shadowblade, I did this also because it frustrated me that regular Stephans were a tad too long for a grenade and you could only fit a few into every grenade. These half Stephans allow you to pack more of them in. I could have sworn that I included that in my little intro bit. I guess not. My bad.

#156122 Homemade Vulcan

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 18 May 2008 - 11:32 AM in Homemades

Thats pretty cool. Although, like Ubermensch said, The Vulcan uses electricity to power its plunger not spin wheels.

#156107 Sportsman Shooting Toys Shotgun. Version 2

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 18 May 2008 - 09:12 AM in General Nerf

Funniest thing I've seen in a while. Good job destroying that piece of shit. The slo-mo was a very nice touch.

#155621 Wayne Tech Tri-fire Blaster

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 12 May 2008 - 07:47 PM in Modifications

They have these somewhere around me but, I'm still a little wary of getting one. On top of that, They are a little on the expensive side for me.

#154296 Real Nerf Grenade.

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 02 May 2008 - 05:31 PM in Homemades

Thats pretty cool. If it was it bit bigger and fired stefans though, that would be a machine of pure death.

#154278 Oh My Gosh

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 02 May 2008 - 04:54 PM in General Nerf

Your link has an extra http in it thusly not making it work. You should fix that.
EDIT: el swifto beat me to it

#154190 Wierd At2k Problem

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 01 May 2008 - 08:29 PM in General Nerf

I'm going to go with Ompa on this. Use something like plumbers goop or epoxy that will give you an airtight seal. Hot glue does nothing to give an airtight seal. So, don't use it for trying to seal tubing or air tanks.

#153921 Other Hobbies Aside From Nerfing?

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 29 April 2008 - 08:42 PM in Off Topic

I play paintball and airsoft a lot during the summer, I play football, I build things whenever I can. Some ideas just get planted in my head and they don't leave until I do something to get them to make the transition from my head into the physical world. And on top of all of this, I have a girlfriend who eats up most of my time and money.
I got into this a while ago. I created a topic, here.

#153316 Remote Controlled Cars..

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 26 April 2008 - 08:47 PM in Off Topic

My friends and I put rocket engines on the light ones from Toys Are We. We let the cars accelerate, and right before the cord runs out, push the button and fire the engines. As long as the car is light enough, it will get some distance. We've even rigged some up so that they took off and flew for a few seconds before the engines run out.

#152225 Air And Spring Powerd Longshot.

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 20 April 2008 - 04:52 PM in Modifications

We can tell that it's your first post from your apparent lack of minding the CoC. Please clean it up. Your idea is a little confusing. Pictures? Those might help.

#152039 Iron Man Magstrike Question

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 19 April 2008 - 03:58 PM in General Nerf

My guess would be no. I'm no expert nor have I seen the Iron Man Magstrike but, why would they change the tank size if it's just a repackaging and repainting of a magstrike?

#149445 Michigan Roll Call (now With Possible Location Map)

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 05 April 2008 - 08:49 AM in Nerf Wars

I live in Marysville and I have somwhere between 2-4 people who might be able to go/come. I'm open almost all summer except for the last two weeks. Damn band camp.

#149087 At2k

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 03 April 2008 - 02:23 PM in Modifications

I got pissed when mine wouldn't open so, I smacked it with a hammer. After a few blows, it opened right up.

#148653 You Guys Should Take A Look

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 01 April 2008 - 05:30 PM in General Nerf

Hahahahahahahaha
As usual VACC, you deliver with something funny. Had me going for a bit there too. There was some doubt in the back of my mind that it was BS but, I just couldn't decide.

#148622 Broken Rapid Fire 20

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 01 April 2008 - 04:11 PM in General Nerf

Whats broken determines what is or will be useful. I would just suggest to figure out what all the parts do. Once you know this, put a tag on the part so you will know what it's for in the future. In time, you may wind up with a creative mod or some such thing or, like many of the spare parts taken from dead guns, a big pile of parts that will never again be used.
Your choice.

#147956 Nerf Quote Frenzy!

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 29 March 2008 - 10:21 PM in General Nerf

I scream, You scream, We all scream for Nerf - Some old Ice cream jingle
So long and thanks for all the Nerf - A Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
Sweet dreams are made of Nerf - Some song I've heard a thousand times and yet still don't know the name

#147947 Poltergeist Hb-x

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 29 March 2008 - 10:11 PM in Homemades

It's just an idea I had. The gear powered by the blender motor which is quite strong, compresses a spring. When the big gap in the teeth on said gear comes around, the spring uncompresses itself. Thus moving the plunger in the plunger tube. I feel like I didn't explain the idea in the picture very well.
Aside from that explination, I just feel as though that a motor with as much power as a blender motor should'nt spin a fly wheel. In general, flywheels suck.

#147930 X-stream Triple Shot Mod

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 29 March 2008 - 10:00 PM in Modifications

The best way to find all this out is to open the gun and have a look see. It may be a pain in the ass to do but, can have some very pleasing results.

#147903 Poltergeist Hb-x

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 29 March 2008 - 09:37 PM in Homemades

Sounds...Interesting. Post pics and ranges and such as soon as possible. I'm intreagued by your description. Although, instead of using the motor to power a wheel, why not use it to power a gear which compresses a spring. Here is a picture I made to describe how I believe the Vulcan will fire to explain it a little better. Posted Image Note: Direction of rotation is bacwards

#147892 Mathingz

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 29 March 2008 - 09:28 PM in Off Topic

im in 9th, i was in advanced math but i was barely passing, so i dropped down a level and im fine now horray!!!

Thats how it was for me. I took the math class I'm in right now last year but, my teacher was terrible and didn't teach us anything. She just walked in a chalked equations on the board. Now however, I'm doing quite well.

#147885 X-stream Triple Shot Mod

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 29 March 2008 - 09:24 PM in Modifications

That is some kind of awesome. How strong is the spring in there? Anything else you might be able to do to make it kick some more secondary worthy ass?

#147884 Nerf-war At Home?

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 29 March 2008 - 09:21 PM in General Nerf

With a large enough basement, you can have a few buddies over or a few nerfers if not in, close to your area. This is fun as I have done it many times. The only problem is that there is no current basement in the modern world that has few or no breakables, and the room for more than six to eight people. Some wars such as Armageddon, have as many as two hundred nerfers at them. Give or take generously.

#147293 Motorized Buzzsaw Mod

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 27 March 2008 - 04:07 PM in Modifications

Excellent first post. The write-up was clear and easy to understand. Good Job and welcome to NerfHaven.

#146635 Mav To Nf

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 24 March 2008 - 02:56 PM in Modifications

There is a handy tool on this fine website that will solve all your needs in this or any issue.
The god damn search function
There have been so many "Help me my piece of shit maverick won't work" threads in the last few months they could fill a god damn novel. Delete this fast.
Sorry if this seemed back seat moderation-ish but, I'm in a rather bad mood today. And this being quite possibly the 10000000000th Maverick fix thread, it got worse.

#145866 Bbb Coupler'd Pvc Barrel And A Spring Shortener Or Something

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 19 March 2008 - 07:53 PM in Modifications

The link didnt work for me. I tried it three or four times.

#145832 Who Wants Free Stuff?

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 19 March 2008 - 03:55 PM in Off Topic

Someone got banned for posting something just like this not more than six months ago.

#145812 Semi-dtb

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 19 March 2008 - 02:30 PM in Modifications

This looks very clean and well put together. Good job