Poltergeist Hb-x

Yes we gave it a name

11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BlueOrange_*

Guest_BlueOrange_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2008 - 09:29 PM

Already in it's 1'st day of production Orange and I have turned a blender, some knex, duct tape, a cardboard box, and some rubber wheels into the framework of a fully automatic nerf gun. The motor from the blender drives a wheel, while another is there to apply pressure to the dart doesn't go whizzing off into space. It will theoretically shoot forwards into a large funnel or something which will act as a barrel. It will have a gravity-fed clip system. Each clip can hold 50 darts. We can open and close is at will using a salvaged trigger from a broken LS pistol. Only bad part is that we'd need an electrical outlet, and we forgot the off button for the motor. (It's got 7 speeds) Since it's not going to be mobile we're going to mount it onto a tripod.Feel free to say that it won't work. It'll just make us want to work harder. I'd have a picture, but I'm having trouble with the program right now so live without a picture.
~Blue

Edited by BlueOrange, 29 March 2008 - 09:32 PM.

#2 Ro-Sham-Bo

Ro-Sham-Bo

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 09:37 PM

Sounds...Interesting. Post pics and ranges and such as soon as possible. I'm intreagued by your description. Although, instead of using the motor to power a wheel, why not use it to power a gear which compresses a spring. Here is a picture I made to describe how I believe the Vulcan will fire to explain it a little better. Posted Image Note: Direction of rotation is bacwards

Edited by Ro-Sham-Bo, 29 March 2008 - 09:58 PM.

QUOTE(baghead @ Dec 31 2008, 07:58 PM) View Post

Wait a second? a Canadian National team... just won at Hockey!?

who would have ever seen that coming?

#3 Guest_BlueOrange_*

Guest_BlueOrange_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:02 PM

umm........ not really. It's going to be inside a cardboard box. I'd have pics of the plan and what we have so far, but I can't get my sketchup models on the internet, and orange's camera is broken. It's not going to have a spring at all. Just a blender spinning a little rubber wheel. Control is from the blender controls. I'll update you every so often. It's kinda not working right now. So it might take a few weeks.
~Blue

Edited by BlueOrange, 29 March 2008 - 10:03 PM.

#4 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:09 PM

So you've made a flywheel dart gun basically.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#5 Ro-Sham-Bo

Ro-Sham-Bo

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:11 PM

It's just an idea I had. The gear powered by the blender motor which is quite strong, compresses a spring. When the big gap in the teeth on said gear comes around, the spring uncompresses itself. Thus moving the plunger in the plunger tube. I feel like I didn't explain the idea in the picture very well.
Aside from that explination, I just feel as though that a motor with as much power as a blender motor should'nt spin a fly wheel. In general, flywheels suck.
QUOTE(baghead @ Dec 31 2008, 07:58 PM) View Post

Wait a second? a Canadian National team... just won at Hockey!?

who would have ever seen that coming?

#6 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:15 PM

So it is a blender...in a cardboard box...that has to be plugged in...that shoots nerf darts through a funnel?

Now THAT has some real war potential.

Feel free to say that it won't work

It won't work.

Edited by Jedijoe9, 29 March 2008 - 10:16 PM.

"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

I nerf like a four year old.

#7 Guest_BlueOrange_*

Guest_BlueOrange_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2008 - 11:05 PM

Yeah, we kinda destroyed most of the blender's shell to get to the motor. Still not sure what blue has in store for me. The box was my idea. It sounds scary when it's turned on.
~Orange.

#8 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 11:14 PM

It sounds to me if I understood what you said like what b00m13 did here but with a blender motor shooting the dart.

Edited by NerfCrazy, 29 March 2008 - 11:15 PM.

#9 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:00 AM

Im pretty sure that a blender motor would shred darts to (enter bad place-curse of choice here). Ah Boom13, how we miss ye...
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#10 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:04 AM

So it is a blender...in a cardboard box...that has to be plugged in...that shoots nerf darts through a funnel?

BlueOrange should totally sig this.

Edited by Thom, 30 March 2008 - 02:06 AM.

#11 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:57 PM

I will instead, if he doesn't mind.
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#12 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:21 PM

I will instead, if he doesn't mind.

He is unregistered, so I don't think he will.
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users