Swashbuckler's Heaven

Yarrrr....

3 replies to this topic

#1 karpenter63

karpenter63

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:42 PM

A while back, my group had a little nerf war in the 'burgh where we tried out that one game created by Ubermensch. On that same day, however, we also tried out a game that we created ourselves. We dubbed it "Swashbuckler's Heaven" in honor of the game that it was based off of.

Posted Image

Armory
  • Single-Shot spring Pistol
  • Foam Sword or Noodle
Rules
General: Every player starts out with 2 hitpoints. Once a player loses his first hitpoint he must remove flagging tape (any bright, visible marker will do) from his pocket and place it somewhere prominant on his body. It's generally encouraged to be worn around the head or neck. When donning the marker that nerfer is in "purgatory". If a nerfer in purgatory loses his final hitpoint he dies goes to hell. If, on the other hand, a player in purgatory sends another player to hell (by shooting another nerfer who is in purgatory), he may remove the marker, and regain his second hitpoint. If that nerfer is hit again, he returns to purgatory and the same rules apply. A nerfer may NOT leave purgatory (remove the headband and regain the second hitpoint) by sending another nerfer to purgatory. A nerfer with both hitpoints may not gain a third hitpoint under any circumstances. The battle ends when only one nerfer or team is left standing.

Double Kills: If both nerfers are in purgatory, they remain in purgatory after the double kill. If both nerfers had all their hitpoints, they both go to purgatory afterwards. If one nerfer is in purgatory, and the other is not, the nerfer in purgatory dies and the nerfer who previously had 2 hitpoints is now in purgatory. (Directly Copy and Pasted from VACC's Post regarding Gunslinger's Heaven rules)

Swords: Swords may be used at anytime during the game to kill your opponent, deflect darts etc. However since swords are close range to a nitefinder's long range, relatively speaking of course, it is hard to actually get close enought to actually hit someone with your sword without being shot in the process. So, what you may do is, if you make eye contact with your opponent (eye contact is not necessary, what I mean is your opponent must know you are talking to him/her) you can yell "I challenge thee to a duel", or just "duel" and the pistols suddenly become off limits. While in a duel you are not allowed to shoot at your opponent, if you do you lose a life. Another rule about duels is if you see one under way you may not shoot at the two people engaged in an honorable sword fight. I say two people because a duel cannot consist of more than two people.

There, I believe that is all the rules. If you have any questions post them below. I will also post this in the Nonstandard Games thread.

And now some pics of us playing:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
You can just barely see this kid winding up for a smack across the face that got me out of the game finally

Posted Image

Edited by karpenter63, 29 July 2008 - 03:58 PM.

Nerf...my anti-drug

Frappr - Nerfers United

#2 Ro-Sham-Bo

Ro-Sham-Bo

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:07 PM

I like it. It sounds like a rather fun idea. I'll have to try it sometime. I like the idea of sword play it can be elegant down to an art form. I know I'm not the only one who enjoys the art of sword swinging as there have been quite a few sword topics and quite a few replies in them.
QUOTE(baghead @ Dec 31 2008, 07:58 PM) View Post

Wait a second? a Canadian National team... just won at Hockey!?

who would have ever seen that coming?

#3 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:20 PM

Two questions: If you manage to get within range and hit someone with your sword without challenging them to a duel, it counts right? Also, what happens if someone does get you with their sword may they then get you again the immediately after that, or is there a set no-fighting time in which you may move away from the person who got you and they can't follow?

EDIT: Other than that, great game type idea.

Edited by Blasphemy, 30 July 2008 - 06:21 PM.

When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#4 karpenter63

karpenter63

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:29 PM

Two questions: If you manage to get within range and hit someone with your sword without challenging them to a duel, it counts right?

Right

Also, what happens if someone does get you with their sword may they then get you again the immediately after that, or is there a set no-fighting time in which you may move away from the person who got you and they can't follow?

Well, yeah. There's the time it takes for the person who was hit to put their armband on. You really shouldn't shoot at the person while they are doing that. However, because of the added close combat part to this game, it may be wise to instate a 15 second time period starting at the time you were shot. This would work like any 3/15 set of rules, except minus the 3.

EDIT: Other than that, great game type idea.

Thanks, and thanks for the constructive criticism.
Nerf...my anti-drug

Frappr - Nerfers United

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users