Cannonball's Content

There have been 300 items by Cannonball (Search limited from 08-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#315337 I.E.

Posted by Cannonball on 07 May 2012 - 04:27 PM in Nerf Wars

I think I can make it. I'll round up some folks.

#262043 Cvno - Central Valley Nerf Off

Posted by Cannonball on 16 January 2010 - 05:10 PM in Nerf Wars

Roadtrip?

#295551 Longtime

Posted by Cannonball on 08 March 2011 - 12:49 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm there.

#140921 Smdtg Check Valve?

Posted by Cannonball on 17 February 2008 - 10:06 PM in General Nerf

daggun, jwasko beat me to it. This is the link to the spidey dart tag thread. Bags did a good job of going through all of the details so it should help out.

http://nerfhaven.com...spidey dart tag

#355188 B.R.A.D,F.E.S.T. 2. - August 13 SoCal War

Posted by Cannonball on 24 July 2016 - 11:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Family changed vacation dates. Now I can't go. Missing another Bradfest.....

#156679 Holy Cheese! Pulletman Is Actually Contributing!

Posted by Cannonball on 23 May 2008 - 02:14 AM in Off Topic

why waste a good ruler when you can use a paperclip?

#297297 R.H.H.O.M.B.U.S.S

Posted by Cannonball on 19 April 2011 - 02:12 AM in Nerf Wars

R.H.H.O.M.B.U.S.S.

Rolling Hills Hosts Outstanding Manly Boys Using Silly Stuff.

I know it's way short notice, but I'm a busy guy, what can I say? Anyway, My first hosted war is this month.

Rolling Hills Park, Fullerton CA
2700 Maple, Fullerton CA 92835
Click me!

April 30th
9:30 a.m.

I suggest following this address to find parking. Scouted it on foot, It's a pretty good sized hill with a bunch of trees on it's slope. Nothing too bad. Also has a play ground. The Hat/Brea mall are down State College, which is not far away, so we've got plenty to choose from in the food department.

Expect the usual blaster rules. I'm not a big fan of plugged pump 4Bs, or anything else that eats Kittens.
Eye protection is a necessity. It's not optional. I don't want anyone to lose an eye on my watch. Bring water to hydrate with, and make sure you have money for lunch or a sack lunch. Let's just try to have as much fun as freaking possible! I don't want my first war to end in misery...

Anyway, This place might be a little different since it's on a hill, so it might prove to be a nice change in pace. Hopefully we won't have to change locations...
I'd like to try the usual stuff, maybe some capture the flag, or we can formulate an honest to goodness "King of the Hill", since we can play on an actual hill. But I wouldn't mind if we just goofed off all day.

#230053 Spring Caff 2009

Posted by Cannonball on 13 May 2009 - 06:31 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm confident I'll be ship shape for this. count me in.

#356369 T.R.I.C.K.S. Southern California costume war

Posted by Cannonball on 21 October 2016 - 11:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Just found out about the war. Already made plans. Sorry guys.

#357728 YANO February 2017: A SoCal Experience

Posted by Cannonball on 29 January 2017 - 08:17 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm in.

#311246 K.E.E.P.I.T.U.P.

Posted by Cannonball on 15 February 2012 - 03:18 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there.

#285609 Secret Shot 2 Problem.

Posted by Cannonball on 17 September 2010 - 07:17 PM in Modifications

The barrel leaking is a pretty common problem with the SS2. If it continues to leak out of the barrel, try spraying some silicon lubricant in there. I've had a few SS2s myself and that's worked so far. I haven't had any issues yet. Just make sure you are careful when taking out the air restrictors.

#152333 Iron Man Magstrike Question

Posted by Cannonball on 21 April 2008 - 12:45 AM in General Nerf

The ironman magstrike and the regular ones aren't different in anyway besides paint like demon lord said. I modified one the other day and compared its bladder to an old magstrike bladder. roughly the same size.

#140842 Pic Of Blue Titan/scout Rerelease

Posted by Cannonball on 17 February 2008 - 05:37 PM in General Nerf

the kid on the box kind of scares me.

#158635 Ccano

Posted by Cannonball on 10 June 2008 - 01:08 AM in Nerf Wars

how many norcal people do we have?

#307199 N.E.V.E.R.S.T.O.P.

Posted by Cannonball on 10 November 2011 - 02:38 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there. Trying to wrangle up some regulars in advance.

#322326 D.I.C.K.M.O.V.E.

Posted by Cannonball on 08 October 2012 - 02:01 AM in Nerf Wars

Can't make it. Sorry guys.

#128909 At2k Mod: Awesome, But....

Posted by Cannonball on 07 November 2007 - 12:32 AM in Modifications

I know the question wasn't directed to me but...
If you've got a crappy gun or something else with a pump then you can replace it with that. That's the beauty of spare parts.

feel free to cuss me out if you want jwasko. I won't hold it against ya. :blush:

#363235 R.H.O.M.B.U.S.S.

Posted by Cannonball on 02 August 2018 - 05:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Rolling
Hills
Organizes
Many
Battles
Using
Silly
Stuff

Where:
Rolling Hills Park, Fullerton, CA
2700 Maple, Fullerton CA 92835

When:
August 25
9:30 am

Rules:
Armageddon rules: the gold standard. Copied below, with a few additions.

Darts:
Slugs and safer darts only. No metal is preferred but I understand that to maximize attendance while keeping it safe I need to keep this restriction more open. If you do make slugs, use #6 washers and not #8 washers.
If you use larger ammo, like megas or similar, keep them soft-tipped by the same guidelines as above.
If you are using silicone dome darts, they must be soft tips.
Keep total dart weight under 1.3g, too, if you're shooting 1/2" darts.
You are also free to use stock-style darts, obviously. China Darts as reviewed by Cheerios are fine. No FVJ/FVN/whatever type of darts have a rock hard rubber/vinyl tip. The tip of the dart needs to be soft.

Who:
Everyone is welcome to come, veterans and newcomers alike. I'm not going to outright ban people younger than 13, but if you plan on bringing someone who is, you are responsible for them all day and you are especially responsible for them remaining safe (hydrated and wearing eye protection). S.C.U.N. wars tend to run a little rougher/more fast paced sometimes than stock/super stock. Keep that in mind if you bring your young ones. Diy class can sting abit.

Blaster rules:
HOMEMADE AIRGUNS: Case-by-case basis. It is highly recommended that you talk to me beforehand (send me a PM or something). I'm very understanding.

TITANS: You may use them if they fire missiles (stock or Draconis or whatever) or balls. They must not be firing darts, of any size.

LBB/4B/UMB/SIMILAR: You may use them if they have the functional stock OPRV.

SUPER SOAKERS/SIMILAR: Do not bring them. If they shoot darts, they're too powerful. If they shoot water, people get mad.

SCEPTORS: If you want to use a Sceptor, make it colorful. Make it look as little like a paintball gun as possible. Wrap the tank in denim or something. If you replace the tank or pump, the OPRV must be kept at the same pressure and the tank volume may not be made any larger (stock is about 800cc).

SUPERMAXX 2000/5000/9000: Do whatever. It's fine. I hope you don't blow up your tank.

TACTICOOL GEAR: vests and mag pouches are fine, even some camo is too, but we aren't running anything milsim. Save that stuff for the airsoft field. If you think your kit is too realistic/threatening then gussy it up with some neon ducttape or flagging tape. If you look like you came off an honest to goodness battlefield or I decide your gear is excessive I'm going to ask you to leave.

MELEE WEAPONS: Don't bring anything larger than nerf brand swords or Mashoongas (if they still exist.)
If you are running a melee weapon you MUST carry a loaded blaster.

SHIELDS: Hits on shields count as hits on you if you plan to use them. I'm nostalgic enough to say that Manta Rays count as actual shields against 1/2" darts, though.

Anything else?
1.) To stop a round for safety reasons, yell out the word "HOLD". If you hear someone call "HOLD", STOP PLAYING IMMEDIATELY. At any time during a round, anyone can call "Hold", which will temporarily stop that round. Players should repeat the call of Hold so that all other players hear, until the round stops completely. If a pedestrian is walking through the field, if a player is injured or if there is some other threat to personal safety, you are obligated to call hold. You can call a hold to pause the game and sort out some issue that is not a matter of personal safety, but do not abuse it.
2.) No barrel taps allowed. Barrel taps are how you absolutely gouge someone with a brass barrel and take out a chunk of skin. Barrel taps are how you break the barrel and bushing off your blaster. You can shoot them from point-blank, or you can ask them to take the hit. Don't touch them with your blaster.

Gametypes:
The standard fair. Pistol rounds. Some freeze tag. Maybe king of the hill. Maybe some stock ammo only rounds.

#363239 R.H.O.M.B.U.S.S.

Posted by Cannonball on 03 August 2018 - 01:09 AM in Nerf Wars

There are a few Socal groups running events on a regular basis these days. Attendance is always up in the air but we usually get a handful of people to show up at least.

#363289 R.H.O.M.B.U.S.S.

Posted by Cannonball on 18 August 2018 - 10:44 PM in Nerf Wars

I think it should be ok, but I'll have to see

#152332 3rd Spy Gear Signal Launcher Mod

Posted by Cannonball on 21 April 2008 - 12:43 AM in Modifications

Nice job with the turret g-force. I like the idea though. If I may suggest though, It'd look better if you cut the existing red barrel shorter and attached the turret closer to blast chamber. It'd look alot nicer and I imagine it'd be easier to use. It all comes down to person preference though so if that works for you...

#208139 Modified Saw

Posted by Cannonball on 31 January 2009 - 03:33 AM in Off Topic

obviously you've never been to a gun show.

#274440 Scunwar

Posted by Cannonball on 10 May 2010 - 11:52 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm in. I'll rally my troops

#200738 Rscb On At2k Or At3k?

Posted by Cannonball on 03 January 2009 - 12:17 AM in Modifications

As a person who's done it before with great success, I would stick with the At2k. slightly better ranges than the at3k and it's not as bulky. Don't ruin the advancing turret on the at3k when you can do it on an at2k too.

#127643 Crossbows

Posted by Cannonball on 27 October 2007 - 02:28 AM in Homemades

you should probably replace your name with lucy in your quote there buddy.

#321312 H.N.R.G.G.

Posted by Cannonball on 01 September 2012 - 11:31 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there. Just transferred to a new school so I'll see if I can wrangle up a new group.

#362927 'Geddon Warm up War (5/12/18)

Posted by Cannonball on 16 April 2018 - 01:30 AM in Nerf Wars

What are rules for pistol rounds (assuming you'll run pistol rounds)?  No mag feds, single shot only, right?

That's correct.

#357072 [CA] Christmastravaganza 2016: A SoCal Experience

Posted by Cannonball on 09 December 2016 - 01:26 AM in Nerf Wars

I plan on being there.

#362970 'Geddon Warm up War (5/12/18)

Posted by Cannonball on 01 May 2018 - 03:49 AM in Nerf Wars

Singled sledfire counts?

It should. We'll confirm the day of.

#362862 'Geddon Warm up War (5/12/18)

Posted by Cannonball on 07 April 2018 - 01:33 AM in Nerf Wars

Armageddon Warm up

Date:
Saturday, May 12th, 2018

Time:
9:30am - 4pm

362 N Live Oak Ave
Glendora, CA 91741

This is one of Armageddon's back up locations, and a favorite of mine. Cullen Elementary is also next door which we could also run rounds in if we choose.

As the name suggests, this is a chance to shake the rust off before 'Geddon and make sure all of our gear is in working order before the big war.

Rules are the same as Armageddon. Make sure you have water and eye protection. If you have a question about a blaster or gear, this would be a great opportunity to get approval.

We'll be running standard game types, and possibly some oldies Socal gametypes that we used to run at Ole Hammer!

Questions? Pm/post in here.

#148996 Vinyl Tubing Quick Connectors

Posted by Cannonball on 02 April 2008 - 11:40 PM in Modifications

the packages say quick connectors So I have no idea if they are barbed or otherwise. I can take them off easily enough. I did solve the problem though. the section of tubing the leak was coming from was being bent and being pulled out slightly so I replaced it. No problems now and my gun holds pressure just fine with no apparent decrease noticeable. I am wondering though, where would you apply the zipties Imaseoulman? I'm sorry if this sounds noobish but I couldn't find a thorough explanation of these sorts of processes on the forum and this is my first time working with this kind of stuff.

And thanks for all of the help guys.

#305252 Sonic Bazooka Decrapification

Posted by Cannonball on 02 October 2011 - 12:10 AM in Modifications

Nice work. I never thought of doing that, though I'll admit I'm not too savvy with back-pressure tanks and the like. I expanded the tanks on my knock-offs to get that extra range boost to make them able to compete with other blasters you usually find on the field. I'll have to go and buy another one now to compare. May be we'll see more of these instead of Big blasts now.

#149068 Vinyl Tubing Quick Connectors

Posted by Cannonball on 03 April 2008 - 12:59 PM in Modifications

Ok. thanks for clarifying jwasko. I understand now. mine are instant tube fittings.

#188194 Bagsfest-my New "pseudo-random" War

Posted by Cannonball on 08 November 2008 - 04:28 AM in Nerf Wars

we're going to have to back out on this one guys. sorry. enjoy it without us.

#305254 Sonic Bazooka Decrapification

Posted by Cannonball on 02 October 2011 - 12:30 AM in Modifications

I suppose. You do preserve the stock look, at least. Won't be able to do that with a hopper though. You do have to use that tiny pump less in order to prime the thing, which is nice. I think it's the worst thing about the blaster... I haven't handled an original Sonic Bazooka, but I can't imagine the pump is any better.

I've been picking mine up at Big lots, and although the $8 price tag isn't the most appealing, these things are pretty nice if you get them up to snuff. Definitely one of the least cumbersome blasters around, considering it's size. Maybe a little awkward to hold for that same reason though.

#186759 Bagsfest-my New "pseudo-random" War

Posted by Cannonball on 01 November 2008 - 12:04 AM in Nerf Wars

Put me +3 as a strong possibility. We're still discussing it.

#331477 possible balls for a homeade

Posted by Cannonball on 02 July 2013 - 04:04 AM in Darts and Barrels

I've been using yellow practice golf balls in 1.5 pvc without a problem for a while. I usually pick mine up at target. Looks like they might've changed brands or packaging. You should be fine with just 1.5 pvc. Big blasts and Jobars/cobras get the job done. Particularly effective if you utilize them as Roboman explained. 6-7 in. barrels give you enough room to load two balls with a mess of darts in between.

#148864 Vinyl Tubing Quick Connectors

Posted by Cannonball on 02 April 2008 - 05:27 PM in Modifications

I've been working with some 1/4 vinyl tubing and some connectors and I was wondering if you needed to goop/glue them in to make them air tight? I can't fill the chamber so I was wondering if that was the problem.

#139262 Airgun-maverick

Posted by Cannonball on 07 February 2008 - 11:17 PM in Modifications

nice use of the old super soaker hardware. If I didn't live in southern california I would have scrapped my CPS 1000 and 1200 for parts. Awesome job.