Secret Shot 2 Problem.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Warthawk

Warthawk

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:32 PM

So. I got my Secret Shot 2 this past Saturday.
Posted Image

I'm gonna find out where is it leaking from since I hear a sqeaky leak sound coming from the barrel/tank/tube everytime I pump it.
Posted Image

I believe the squeaky sound is coming from the place that's in the circle.
Posted Image

I did gave it a few pumps in the water, there were no leaks, but bubbles were coming out from the barrel, and from the white trigger thingy, but that's normal right?

#2 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Oregon
  • u/Parabolictoys on Reddit

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:55 PM

The part you circled is the check valve. If it is only making the noise while you are pumping, then that is pretty normal for ALL air guns. It's not really normal to leak from the barrel, though it is common. It really shouldn't leak from the white trigger valve, but it will if it's even SLIGHTLY out of position.

About the barrel leak: If it doesn't pump up, seal, and HOLD pressure, then the problem is likely the glue holding the air restrictor in to the tank. This is a common failure, but requires the complicated procedure of dissection to repair.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#3 Warthawk

Warthawk

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 17 September 2010 - 06:24 PM

The part you circled is the check valve. If it is only making the noise while you are pumping, then that is pretty normal for ALL air guns. It's not really normal to leak from the barrel, though it is common. It really shouldn't leak from the white trigger valve, but it will if it's even SLIGHTLY out of position.

About the barrel leak: If it doesn't pump up, seal, and HOLD pressure, then the problem is likely the glue holding the air restrictor in to the tank. This is a common failure, but requires the complicated procedure of dissection to repair.

Well, for sure the leak is coming from the barrel. I hope I can get it fixed when I attempt the Loaner mod.
Sorry for sounding like a noob.

Edited by Warhawk, 17 September 2010 - 06:27 PM.

#4 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • State:California

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:17 PM

The barrel leaking is a pretty common problem with the SS2. If it continues to leak out of the barrel, try spraying some silicon lubricant in there. I've had a few SS2s myself and that's worked so far. I haven't had any issues yet. Just make sure you are careful when taking out the air restrictors.

#5 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • State:Georgia

Posted 19 September 2010 - 05:29 PM

You can also fix the barrel leak by using a small prodding tool to try to realign the rubber stopper making the seal, that combined with silicone spray should do the trick, it fixed mine.
Southeast Nerf Contingent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users