Ambience 327's Content

There have been 511 items by Ambience 327 (Search limited from 06-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#252105 Massive Nurf Warz (75+ People)

Posted by Ambience 327 on 29 September 2009 - 03:49 PM in Nerf Wars

I see your point, and bow to your logic on this one.

(GASP! Someone admitted they were wrong on the Internet!!!!)

#252081 Massive Nurf Warz (75+ People)

Posted by Ambience 327 on 29 September 2009 - 08:27 AM in Nerf Wars

I didn't say I couldn't Google it, mister Bob, just that he might get more interest if he actually included a location, rather than forcing people to extrapolate it. :)

#251964 Massive Nurf Warz (75+ People)

Posted by Ambience 327 on 28 September 2009 - 12:22 PM in Nerf Wars

You might get more interest if you include information on what school, where it is located, etc.

Not many people (myself included) are going to know all of that just because of your "@uat.edu" email address. There are just too many colleges out there to easily ID any but the largest schools by an email extension like that.

#255491 Suggestion: Thread Necromancy Control

Posted by Ambience 327 on 06 November 2009 - 09:59 AM in Site Feedback

They have a nice shiny red-lettered warning on NerfHQ that tells you if you are about to post in an older thread. People ignore it and necro anyway - all the time.

It doesn't work. Goobers will be goobers even if you smack them in the face with a notification.

#262356 Would This Modification Do Anything?

Posted by Ambience 327 on 19 January 2010 - 10:36 AM in Modifications

It might help a little, but then you'd be getting rid of the one feature of this blaster that makes it stand out from the crowd - the break-action breech. The Doubleshot isn't the greatest blaster - it is easily outranged by smaller one like the Nitefinder, while things like the Maverick hold more shots. The break-action breech, which makes it rear loading, is the one unique feature of the Doubleshot - lose that and you've just got another less-than-stellar-ranged blaster capable of firing off two shots before reloading/repriming.

#317232 May/June Nerf Wars

Posted by Ambience 327 on 20 June 2012 - 11:57 AM in News

I guess I wasn't paying much attention to the thread title. I figured since there was an August war on there, stuff in July would likely show up as well.

#317227 May/June Nerf Wars

Posted by Ambience 327 on 20 June 2012 - 10:30 AM in News

Seconded - the front page exposure might help increase attendance at said "new wars".

#308487 Nerf Tacticool in the News

Posted by Ambience 327 on 20 December 2011 - 09:37 AM in General Nerf

My father holds that kids shot each other with toy guns even before real guns were invented. My three-year old son's actions do nothing to dissuade this notion in either my father nor myself. :lol:

#250684 Modified Berserker With Integrated 3k

Posted by Ambience 327 on 17 September 2009 - 08:12 AM in Modifications

I don't know about useless - the BBBB portion of the Berzerker is just as useful as any BBBB. Heck, on this blaster, I think I'd consider the 3K the primary, and the BBBB the backup shot.

Consider the fact that the integrated 3K has what amounts to a 20-round speed loader. You can get quite respectable range from a 3K with just a few pumps. Add in a single turn of the turret to "load" a dart, and you've got a very nice ROF for a medium to long ranged blaster.

It won't outperform a Doomsayer or anything, but it also won't be banned as long as you don't plug the pump on the BBBB portion.

#265045 The Bs Recon

Posted by Ambience 327 on 11 February 2010 - 09:05 AM in Modifications

Seriously? A little reading and common sense will tell you that...

...yes, the clip still works.

Its a recon powered by a BS tank, that utilizes the stock breech setup and clips.

...yes, you need to pump for every shot.

He's done very little work with the pump, tank and blast button. Really, the have just been placed where they need to be in order to function. To make a semi-auto of any kind, you need at least two airtanks/bladders - one to hold the shot, and one to hold the "backup air" for lack of a better term.

That said, great work on this blaster CaliforniaPants. It is simple and effective. What kind of ranges are you seeing? Those BS tanks pack quite a punch, and your breech should be a bit more air-tight than stock with your PETG addition, so I expect it to outperform a decently modded Recon.

#231503 Help Please.

Posted by Ambience 327 on 20 May 2009 - 03:17 PM in Modifications

Even if you manage to put a Titan tank or a 3K tank into a Longshot, you're not going to get Titan or 3K ranges at the same ROF of a Longshot.

- A Titan takes a fair mount of pumping for each shot, thus killing ROF, even with the clip/breech
- Both tanks will lose a significant portion of their singled range from the innefficiency of the Longshot's breech

If you did an Angel breech, and had the 3K pump attached to the breech's bolt, you might pull off nearly the same range as a singled 3K with a 1-pump mod, but I don't think that's significantly higher than a standard Angel-breeched Longshot in the first place.

#196953 My Longshot Front Gun

Posted by Ambience 327 on 18 December 2008 - 10:19 AM in Modifications

You should try and have the BBBB fired by a keyring, if at all possible. Please don't flame me, I have never seen the insides of a BBBB. Its still a thought.

I don't think that's necessary. Unless I'm completely misinterpreting what I'm seeing, the BBBB is attached to the LSFG's trigger - i.e. both guns fire from the same trigger. (I see a piece of what looks like coat-hanger wire or something similar that leads from the BBBB pin down past the LSFG spring to the trigger mechanism.) Assuming I'm correct, that means he can:

1) Pump up the BBBB, load a dart, and fire...
2) Cock the LSFG, load a dart, and fire...
3) Pump up the BBBB, cock the LSFG, load two darts, and fire (with drastically different ranges!)...

...all from the same trigger.

If I was using this blaster, I'd keep the BBBB pumped and loaded, and just keep the LSFG loaded, but not cocked. Then, if I need a quick extra shot (to fend off a rush or something), I'd quickly cock the LSFG and fire.

#321375 Buzz Bee Panthers - normal or a batch of lemons?

Posted by Ambience 327 on 05 September 2012 - 07:58 AM in General Nerf

Sweet - I was really hoping that was the case. I will be returning to Meijer ASAP!

Thanks for the quick answer Buffdaddy! Maybe I can shoot you with it the next time you come over for Foam in the Fort. (Or if I ever make it over to a Columbus war!)

#321373 Buzz Bee Panthers - normal or a batch of lemons?

Posted by Ambience 327 on 05 September 2012 - 07:47 AM in General Nerf

So I found six Panthers at Meijer for $5 each, and was going to grab one, but then I did a bit of test firing and was disappointed. They all sounded very weak, with most of them just fizzling the air back out. I figured they were probably all lemons, and didn't get one, but then I thought on the way home that maybe there was something in the air restrictor causing the issue, like how Nerf Nitefinders and Mavericks have the little spring & prong setup that the dart pushes back.

So I wanted to ask if this was a normal behavior with no darts loaded, or if the blaster should really "pop" like the 2K's I've known and loved for so long. Can anyone comment on this?

#278537 Wtf I Cant Get In To The Gallery

Posted by Ambience 327 on 25 June 2010 - 08:17 AM in General Nerf

Most of the links on the front page sidebar (gallery, modifications, homemades, etc) are old and unused these days anyway. I don't think there were many (any?) useful pics in the gallery. You'll find the best source of modded-blaster pics in the Modification/paintjob Pictures thread.

#157451 At2k Peg/air Restrictor Removal?

Posted by Ambience 327 on 30 May 2008 - 06:55 AM in Modifications

I don't mod my guns for extreme ranges, because we play indoors at a church, so high-powered guns are just not going to fly. I can tell you, since this is exactly what I have done to my AT2K, that drilling out the AR & peg will get you much more range than the stock gun is capable of. Here's what I did:

1) Take the gun apart (including breaking/cutting off that stupid ring on the front of the pump housing)

2) Remove the turret assembly.

3) Remove the barrels. (You may have trouble with this. Three of my barrels came out with little work, while the fourth wouldn't budge no matter what I did. More on how to deal with this in a moment)

4) Remove the AR's & springs from the barrels.

5) Drill out the barrel peg and the AR stop (the thing that holds the peg and keeps the AR in position), using the drill to make the entire rear area of the barrel smooth. (A nice wood bit is great for this - drill from the rear end of the barrel to make things easier!)

6) Reassemble and enjoy ranges of 40'-50' flat with no other work!

Now, if you have the same problem I did with one or more barrels not wanting to come out, here's what you do:

1) Lodge a thin piece of scrap wood between the two halves of the turret assembly (so you don't mess up the area where the seal is created).

2) Drill out the peg and AR stop from the front. This will take longer than the previous barrels, as you have to chew through the peg, and the AR & spring will also slow things down. Be careful not to let things get too hot, as you don't want melted plastic gumming up the works.

#183437 Ctcon Mad

Posted by Ambience 327 on 13 October 2008 - 10:17 AM in Nerf Wars

Did anyone from nerfhaven come? Or are you just telling us about some war you had with your friends?

Did you read his post? I thought it was quite clear that this was an even that took place at a gaming convention of some sort, and that he ended up running it when the "organizers" bailed. It sounds to me like it was more than just "a few friends shooting each other wtih Nerf blasters", but less than "a war organized on Nerfhaven and attended by dozens of forum regulars".

He also mentioned making the schedule available to anyone interested - which means it is definately of interest to the NIC - or at least members of the NIC in the area to attend a "Conneticon MAD" event.

#321416 Buzz Bee Panthers - normal or a batch of lemons?

Posted by Ambience 327 on 06 September 2012 - 09:06 AM in General Nerf

Picked one up last night, loaded a dart, and...WOW! These things are freaking sweet!!!

Thanks again for the info guys. Glad I didn't just give up on them.

#145509 Longshot/recon Clips Back In Stock?

Posted by Ambience 327 on 17 March 2008 - 07:55 AM in General Nerf

I was checking the Hasbro Toy Shop website (www.hasbrotoyshop.com) today, and it looks like the "Out of Stock" message on the LS/RC clips is gone. I haven't tried to order any yet, but it looks like they are back in stock if anyone wants to get their hands on some more!

Links:
Singles
"Value Pack"

#333142 Suction Dart Mod for Use in Magazines

Posted by Ambience 327 on 16 August 2013 - 08:02 PM in Darts and Barrels

I wonder about the long-term durability of darts modded in this fashion. When I used to war with the youth at my church a lot, we already had issues with stock darts losing their heads eventually due to repeated firings. I imagine this would only exacerbate the problem.

#145519 Longshot/recon Clips Back In Stock?

Posted by Ambience 327 on 17 March 2008 - 09:14 AM in General Nerf

Hey, if you can read the entire page in 2 seconds, I'm impressed. At which nano-second did you reach the part where it says "CAUTION: Do not look directly at the sun. This is not a protective device."?

Thanks for pointing out my small error. I just saw that the ugly "Out of Stock" line was gone and got so excited that I forgot how to read, but this still means that the things are going to be back in stock, which is a good thing.

#145507 Nerf Guns

Posted by Ambience 327 on 17 March 2008 - 07:03 AM in General Nerf

Hi - and welcome to the Haven.

First things first, if you haven't read the Code of Conuct yet (link is at the top-left of the page), I suggest you do so - you'll have a much happier time here. (And you'll be less likely to tick off the admin types - they run a tight ship, but that's a good thing in my opinion.)

Now, on to your questions:

I'm not sure of the ranges on the Recon - I've never measured mine - but it is fairly decent in my experience. We play indoors, and there are few places in the building where I can't hit someone I can see. (Which means it probably has something like a 20'-30' range.)

And yes, Longshots are sold in stores. I've seen them at Wal-Mart, Meijer, Toys R Us and Target here in Ft. Wayne, IN. They can be harder to find elsewhere from what I've read.

#163213 +bow Led Hookup

Posted by Ambience 327 on 18 July 2008 - 01:02 PM in Homemades

It depends on your situation whether a light would be a good thing or a bad thing. If you are in a large group moving together, you're going to be seen anyway - might as well have a better chance of spotting lone-wolves hiding in the shadows.

Also, if during a game, you have been running with your light on for a bit, your eyes will be adjusted to it, wheras your opponents' eyes might not be, which can give you a bit of an advantage as far as spotting/aiming goes.

All you have to do is make sure you have a power switch on the thing so you can easily turn it on or off, and you have a versatile tool that can make you much more effective in the dark.

#309987 Unknown blaster.

Posted by Ambience 327 on 23 January 2012 - 10:58 AM in General Nerf

I beleive that is a batman trifire blaster.

Your belief is in error. I have linked an image of the tri-fire below.

Bob seems to have it right. More info can be found here.

Posted Image

#147088 Moding A Strikefire

Posted by Ambience 327 on 26 March 2008 - 11:30 AM in Modifications

In his defense, he only knows them by the name "strikefire", which is the name they are sold under as a set of 2. If you search for Strikefire, you get this thread and one about tactical rails - and that's it.

MDNerfers - check out the links provided, and make sure you've read the Code of Conduct (link at the top left of your screen). Then you'll know how not to piss off the mods! :)

#320779 Foam in the Fort IV Planning Thread

Posted by Ambience 327 on 21 August 2012 - 02:08 PM in Nerf Wars

Ah - I didn't even realize that was what that meant, but yeah, I get it now.

Ok - votes alone will be enough. If you happen to be available for both, but prefer one, let me know in a post.

#320500 A small oddity with "View New Content"

Posted by Ambience 327 on 15 August 2012 - 09:49 AM in Site Feedback

I just thought I would point this out, seeing as you are looking at how people browse the forums at the moment anyway.

I have noticed that when I am currently in the Messenger area of the site, and click "View New Content" it defaults to the "Members" tab of the New Content screen. I assume this is because the Messenger area falls under the "Members" tab of the site. It is mildly inconvenient if I am checking a PM and then trying to go see new content. I don't personally care about any new members added recently, and I doubt most of us do, so would prefer that it default to new posts instead. Not a huge deal, and if it is left as-is my life will go on virtually unaffected, but if it was corrected then rainbows and unicorns would suddenly appear.

#312830 McMaster Part # BBCode Tag

Posted by Ambience 327 on 14 March 2012 - 07:35 AM in Site Feedback

Well now. That's just downright useful. You would think you want this place to be easy to use or something. Great idea, and well done!

#320515 A small oddity with "View New Content"

Posted by Ambience 327 on 15 August 2012 - 12:16 PM in Site Feedback

It will probably be corrected (along with several other issues with the 'view new content' feature) when the site software is upgraded. Until then I think clicking 'View New Content' a second time will--oddly enough--take you where you want to go.

Indeed it does, which is why it is only a minor inconvenience.

#320767 Foam in the Fort IV Planning Thread

Posted by Ambience 327 on 21 August 2012 - 12:54 PM in Nerf Wars

I am looking into hosting another Foam in the Fort in September, and I wanted to see what date might work best for those who may consider attending. Please only vote in the poll if there is a possibility of you showing up.

Additionally, more weight will be given to votes cast by those who have previously attended a Foam in the Fort (or two...or three), so if you are among this elite crew, please also add a comment below stating your vote.(Hit the poll too though!)

Rules, details and such will be posted later, but will be very similar to what we have done in the past.

#321838 WoodHeight War

Posted by Ambience 327 on 21 September 2012 - 08:23 AM in Nerf Wars

From what I can read, what you are planning is quite a bit different than anything the folks that frequent this site are familiar with. Thus, you should probably go into quite a bit more detail as to how exactly your war will work.

It seems to me you are trying to set up some kind of single-elimination Nerf tournament over the course of a weekend or something, where people try to take each other out Hunger-Games style. That may be fun in its own right, but I doubt many of us here would be willing to travel very far to play in a game where we may get eliminated in a matter of minutes/hours and unable to play the rest of the time.