Suction Dart Mod for Use in Magazines

...and Flywheel Blasters

3 replies to this topic

#1 UrbanIso

UrbanIso

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:48 PM

I found a simple way to modify Nerf suction darts for use in magazines and flywheel blasters.

Simply cut off the outer ring of the suction head and you're good to go:

Posted Image

With the mod they stack nicely and easily travel in magazines:

Posted Image

So far the only blaster I've had trouble using them in is the new Rapidstrike.

While may be not of interest to the hardcore community, I find suction darts fun for around the house and office use. I have more pictures and a firing video here.

#2 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

I wonder about the long-term durability of darts modded in this fashion. When I used to war with the youth at my church a lot, we already had issues with stock darts losing their heads eventually due to repeated firings. I imagine this would only exacerbate the problem.
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#3 LordGiratia

LordGiratia

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

I found a simple way to modify Nerf suction darts for use in magazines and flywheel blasters.

Simply cut off the outer ring of the suction head and you're good to go:

Posted Image

With the mod they stack nicely and easily travel in magazines:

Posted Image

So far the only blaster I've had trouble using them in is the new Rapidstrike.

While may be not of interest to the hardcore community, I find suction darts fun for around the house and office use. I have more pictures and a firing video here.

If you want to use these darts in the rapidstrike then remove the rubber skirt.(the thing that stops you from putting your fingers in the flywheels.

Edited by LordGiratia, 16 August 2013 - 08:08 PM.

Warning, my posts aren't finished when I post them, wait 15 minutes and the post will be perfect.

#4 UrbanIso

UrbanIso

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

I've been using these darts periodically for about 3 months now and haven't had any come apart. That stated, I'm careful with them and usually don't separate the suction dart from the surface it's stuck too by pulling dart straight back.

You may be right about the rubber skirt on the Rapidstrike (returned mine to the store), but I haven't had an issue using them in the Rayven which also has a rubber skirt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users