A small oddity with "View New Content"

Mildly annoying, but not terrible.

2 replies to this topic

#1 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:49 AM

I just thought I would point this out, seeing as you are looking at how people browse the forums at the moment anyway.

I have noticed that when I am currently in the Messenger area of the site, and click "View New Content" it defaults to the "Members" tab of the New Content screen. I assume this is because the Messenger area falls under the "Members" tab of the site. It is mildly inconvenient if I am checking a PM and then trying to go see new content. I don't personally care about any new members added recently, and I doubt most of us do, so would prefer that it default to new posts instead. Not a huge deal, and if it is left as-is my life will go on virtually unaffected, but if it was corrected then rainbows and unicorns would suddenly appear.

Edited by Ambience 327, 15 August 2012 - 09:50 AM.

Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#2 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

It will probably be corrected (along with several other issues with the 'view new content' feature) when the site software is upgraded. Until then I think clicking 'View New Content' a second time will--oddly enough--take you where you want to go.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#3 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

It will probably be corrected (along with several other issues with the 'view new content' feature) when the site software is upgraded. Until then I think clicking 'View New Content' a second time will--oddly enough--take you where you want to go.

Indeed it does, which is why it is only a minor inconvenience.
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users