We tried a short little human vs. zombie game. It didn't quite work out especially due to the small area. So for the rest of the day we decided to play single eliminations and some games of capture the flag.
The play area was about 60'x150'. This was an open parking lot near some office buildings in Newington, CT. I managed to find about 10-12 intact broken down boxes that were used as bunkers, they seemed to suffice quite well.
Strangely, the guy(s) who were supposed to run the nerf war decided to partake in the other activities that were available, like the video games and a MTG tourney... So I got to run it. With no prior nerf war experience, I can say that I was quite pleased with the overall outcome of the day. People were happy and no one got seriously injured, one kid managed to twist his ankle...
I used my LS for every game. I still haven't gotten around to doing any serious modifications, but it was one of the only modified blasters there. I had some amazing shots and some rather silly streamline flight paths.
- I got to be in charge and exercise a form of authority.
- In a 2v3 single elimination, tagging the opposing 3, 2 in the leg one in the back.
- Remembering how light I am on my feet when I have to.
- Getting some sun, I spend too much time in the dorm whilst at school...
- Those in charge not taking charge.
- One broken Vulcan (confirmed?)
- One annoying kid.