CD-R's Content

There have been 99 items by CD-R (Search limited from 17-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#109935 Freakin Maverick

Posted by CD-R on 07 June 2007 - 05:57 PM in Modifications

First off, I did not make up that quote on my signature, I saw it as a fake sign for sale on I science supply company website.
Back on topic, just drill a small hole through both sides of the plastic where the cocking bar was, then stick a bar of metal through the holes as a replacement. Try to make the replacement roughly the same size as the original, or else it will rub on the inside of the gun and get stuck if it's to thick, or bend in half if it's to thin. Personally, I cut a 1/8" thick nail to the right length and glue it in place (it's a little thick though).
EDIT: bobofan beat me to it.

#110391 Petg Breach

Posted by CD-R on 10 June 2007 - 08:29 AM in Modifications

Actually, some PVC does fit around CPVC, but otherwise you can dremmel it out.
As for lengths of tubing, I will post an update in a few hours.

#110362 Petg Breach

Posted by CD-R on 09 June 2007 - 11:08 PM in Modifications

OK, so after hearing many questions and requests regarding a PETG breach, I decided to make one. This is my first sort of write-up, so feedback would be appreciated. I tried to be as specific as possible.
First off, here are the materials you will need:
Posted Image
PETG: about 6 inches of it
1/2" brass: 3/4 inch length
1/2" CPVC: About 3/4 inch length
1/2" PVC: about an one and a quarter inches
5/8" brass (with a slot cut into it): The slot is 1 and 3/4 inches long, and is cut about 13/16 inches from the end. The whole length is about 5 and 3/4 inches.
First, dremmel out the CPVC so that the 1/2" brass fits snuggly about 1/4" inside of it.
Posted Image
Next, Put a seal of teflon tape around the 1/2" brass.
Posted Image
Then, push the CPVC into the PVC all the way to the end of the PVC.
Posted Image
Then, push the 5/8" brass into the PVC so that it goes into the same end as the 1/2" brass is sticking out of.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Last, push the PETG in the breach, and it's ready for use. Use it for whatever you can think of, or maybe put a magazine/clip on it.
Posted Image
The breach works by having the PETG seal against the 1/2" brass in the back. The 5/8" brass is to hold the dart in place as the PETG bolt(?) is moved into place.

#104439 Bulk Ordering Foam

Posted by CD-R on 07 May 2007 - 07:05 PM in Off Topic

Basically, I'm thinking of bulk ordering FBR, but I don't know where to buy it, or how they ship it. I found some websites, but I would like to hear what you all have to say. One thing that I'm worried about is how my parents will react if a truck load of foam shows up at my front door, so information on how it is shipped would be appreciated.

#133704 Crossbow Question

Posted by CD-R on 24 December 2007 - 06:04 PM in General Nerf

Yeah, the yellow tube is the "air restrictor" for this gun.
I hope this helps: crossbow mod
Edit: groove posted first, the link is still relevant.

#104450 Bulk Ordering Foam

Posted by CD-R on 07 May 2007 - 07:57 PM in Off Topic

Does anyone know where FA24 ordered his foam?

#104493 Bulk Ordering Foam

Posted by CD-R on 07 May 2007 - 10:00 PM in Off Topic

That sounds good. I'll bring the money to LCM. I think that I may have found the same site you ordered from, and their price was exactly the same,+shipping. Before I buy it, I would like to check out how it fits in my barrels, so I will have to make the final decision regarding the purchase at LCM.

#120110 Pump Repair Help

Posted by CD-R on 17 August 2007 - 01:38 AM in Modifications

Interesting, something similar happened to my 3K, and lok-tite worked great. A simple fix would be to pull the pump off of a broken gun, and use a barbed coupler to put the tubing together, replacing the broken pump.

#110175 Forum Etiquette Question

Posted by CD-R on 08 June 2007 - 10:08 PM in Off Topic

Some one used my sig, but quoted me on it. I was more flattered than troubled. I saw it on science supply website anyway; so, it's not really mine.

#105314 Splitfire Leak Problem.

Posted by CD-R on 13 May 2007 - 08:12 PM in Modifications

The same thing happened to me. It was a slippery slope to a dead splitfire. Make sure that the rubber seal in the back of the valve is sealing with the back of the air chamber. Try pushing the black rubber seal back with a thin dowel, to get it back into position. If that does not work, the you can try lubricating the seal. In my case, these worked temporarily; so, unfortunately, my splitfire died. However, I managed to splice in two AT2K air tanks, and revive it as the splitech 2000; but, that just sprung a leak as well.

#105333 Splitfire Leak Problem.

Posted by CD-R on 13 May 2007 - 09:18 PM in Modifications

No, try looking up how splifire valves work, then it should make sense. I can't explain it right now because I need to keep working on my English paper. If you can't find it, I'll explain it tommorrow afternoon.
Now I have some time. Ok, so here is a link to where the splitfire's valves are explained:
click here
scroll about 2/3 the way down the page, the post is by falcon.
What I am saying, is you need to find a way to either push the little black rubber seals back into position, or to lubricate them with something to make them seal better. I'm afraid that to do this, you're on your own, as I was not able to fix mine despite numerous attempts.

#109652 2 At2ks And A Bbb

Posted by CD-R on 05 June 2007 - 08:34 PM in Modifications

How the heck do you use a splitfire?

Basically, I took the dead (really dead) splitfire, and glued the AT2K pump assembly to the front of the splitfire pump assembly. This way, the splitfire pump chamber also became an air tank. Then, I cut off the orange air tanks from the splitfire, and mounted two of those little barbed tubing couplers inside the yellow pipes on the inside of the splitfire. Lastly, I pushed the AT2K air tank tubes unto the barbed couplers. This way, the spltfire airtanks had been replaced with the AT2K airtanks.
If this sounds like complete gibberish, just say so, and I will post a picture of it.

#109613 2 At2ks And A Bbb

Posted by CD-R on 05 June 2007 - 05:17 PM in Modifications

Very nice job!
Looks like you beat me to the write-up on this. I tried basically the exact same thing, except I used the pump and check valves out of a dead splitfire. I can testify that this works very well.

#107721 Nerfers Near Me

Posted by CD-R on 26 May 2007 - 10:21 PM in General Nerf

My brother goes to RIT, and was inspired by me and my friends to have a Nerf game there. Unfortunately, they stopped having games, and have since left the hobby.

#123119 Unicycle

Posted by CD-R on 15 September 2007 - 05:03 PM in Off Topic

I can ride around the street, and not much else.

#117058 Foam Baker Rod At A Steal Price.

Posted by CD-R on 24 July 2007 - 10:37 PM in General Nerf

I know that this topic is old, but I bought my foam from this place. I would say that it's good, but not great. It has a pretty tight fit in PETG and CPVC, but can be heat shrunk very easily. In short, it's a good deal, but it takes a little work to make it work correctly. I would get a sample before comittting, though.

#106793 Nerf Mines!

Posted by CD-R on 20 May 2007 - 07:09 PM in General Nerf

I'm sure you could also trigger it with a trip wire (of course one that will break, not knock people over).
PS watch where you place any mines, so that only player set them off.

#121349 Chessler's Diy Scope

Posted by CD-R on 27 August 2007 - 11:03 PM in Homemades

Posted Yesterday, 08:50 PM

QUOTE(Chessler @ Aug 27 2007, 07:57 PM) *

But please specify: where exactly does it say its not working.

I do not need to specify anything because I am a Rear Admiral of nerfhaven!

That is a new sig!
Back on topic. If you're looking for lenses, check out Edmund Scientific, or any other hobby level supply site. Unless you have some very specialized tools, the level of alignment you would be able to get by hand would pretty much negate the advantages of good optics.
P.S. don't look at the sun with one of those things.

#111776 Sf Problem

Posted by CD-R on 17 June 2007 - 09:14 PM in General Nerf

To answer the valve questions, here you go: click here.

#107149 The Nasa-3k

Posted by CD-R on 22 May 2007 - 08:21 PM in Modifications

Very nice. It's absolutely ridiculous, but I could see it being used in a war.

#105175 Measuring Ranges

Posted by CD-R on 12 May 2007 - 10:04 PM in General Nerf

I'm tired of seeing so many arguments about ranges seeming strange, and so much differentiation in how people are measuring them. Today, my friends and I were curious about what ranges our guns could achieve, so we used the following method:
We used a tape measure and chalk to mark out ten foot increments on a straight, flat section of my street. We then wrote the accompanying numbers next to the marks.
This took us only about two to three minutes to do. This method was very simple, and gave us very accurate measurements. It's really basic, but I figured I'd post about it in an attempt to help reduce the amount of inaccuracy pertaining to gun ranges.

#133169 Cleaning Products

Posted by CD-R on 20 December 2007 - 12:17 AM in General Nerf

Chemically, epoxy is really strong stuff. As captainslug said, anything that will dissolve epoxy will probably dissolve the plastic as well.

#133266 Tire Valve Problem

Posted by CD-R on 20 December 2007 - 10:55 PM in Homemades

No, PVC cement works only on bonds between PVC only parts. PVC cement does what is known as "solvent welding". Essentially, it dissolves the two pieces plastic, and then let's the solution harden together.

#124605 The Battle Is Over

Posted by CD-R on 30 September 2007 - 07:54 PM in Nerf Wars

By reading this thread, some of you may get the hint that there was an incident involving bees. Well, there was, except they were yellow jackets.
Skitzo and nerf beginner were hiding in the bushes during a pistol round, when they accidentally disturbed a bees nest. I was walking around the field, as I was already out, when I heard shouting and running. I looked behind me, and saw the two of them charging out of the bushes at top speed being pursued by a number of insects. Instead of running away from everybody else, they ran straight at the people who were already out. Because they were being persued, the bees followed them into the crowd, and stung everybody. After seeing this, I took off in the other direction. However, Skitzo had stopped running around in circles, and was now running in the same direction that I was; still being chased by bees. I yelled, "don't follow me, you're gonna get me stung too!" So I ran faster, and managed to keep from getting stung. In the end, most people got stung, and we were VERY lucky that no one was allergic to bees.
So, if you were wondering, there's your answer.

#125637 Sts Grenade

Posted by CD-R on 09 October 2007 - 07:38 PM in Modifications

I really like this idea, I think it has possibilities as an integration. To integrate this into a gun, instead of pointing the barrels in different directions, you could point them all forwards. So that way, when you pushed the trigger, a massive volley of darts would issue forth from your gun.
In terms of improving the grenade idea, maybe you should try shotgun barrel attachments. The Pocket Blaster may not have enough power to drive them, but if it does, it should increase the amount of darts in the air.

#124578 The Battle Is Over

Posted by CD-R on 30 September 2007 - 04:19 PM in Nerf Wars

So, the battle for new york is over. That was one of the best wars I've ever been to. Even though we didn't have too many out of staters, we still kicked some ass. All of the hosting duties went very smoothly and, apart from the bees, we didn't have any problems.
I'm tired now, I'll post details later.

#107351 Best Possible Mods?

Posted by CD-R on 23 May 2007 - 08:33 PM in Modifications

Definitely, Maxshots are really good. I just modded mine yesterday.
For range however, I think that the national geographic thing is the best. Then again, with air tank expansions, anything is possible.

#109653 Titan Ars

Posted by CD-R on 05 June 2007 - 08:42 PM in Modifications

you could probably fix the tubing by splicing in a new section.

#124862 Go Trash-picking

Posted by CD-R on 02 October 2007 - 11:06 PM in General Nerf

Oh man, I've gotten so many good dumpster diving finds, I don't even know where to start.
Once our school district was replacing all of their computers, so we asked our counselors if we could take some of it, and they said yes. We all walked away with arm fulls of computer junk. We had to call my friend's mom to help us drive the stuff away (I believe one of my friends had something like five to ten computers).
The real trick, is to keep your eyes open. Also, try going to your local recycling center a few days after christmas; my brother and I did that once, and the guys there let us take a perfectly good TV for free. They even let us test it with an outlet on one of their garbage trucks.

#111337 Homemade Air Tank

Posted by CD-R on 14 June 2007 - 10:04 PM in Homemades

and i dont know the exact size, but it fits a nickle in it tightly

Please, just buy a PVC cap. They should be about 50 cents at your local hardware store; a fair price to pay for your safety. I tried to use a non-PVC part to cap an airtank once, and only once. I'm lucky that it blew off away from me. You may not be so lucky. Even the smallest airtank can hold a surprising amount of energy. This can not be stressed enough.

#107718 Kickback

Posted by CD-R on 26 May 2007 - 10:15 PM in Homemades

Standard double A batteries do not use acid. Only car batteries and some other large high powered batteries use a lead acid configuration. It is common misconception, but anyway, even though shooting "unusual" projectiles is fun, the chemicals inside batteries are toxic.
Back on topic, I do not think that it is practically possible to make a nerf gun with real kick back. The only toy gun that I have seen with considerate push back, is a CPS 3200 supersoaker. That thing was so powerful that on its highest setting, it could push against you with considerable force (back when I was in sixth grade, that is).

#143620 New York Nerfers Unite!

Posted by CD-R on 03 March 2008 - 11:40 AM in Nerf Wars

I am also in nightshift.

#107142 Night Battle

Posted by CD-R on 22 May 2007 - 08:15 PM in Nerf Wars

If you bring your own wepons dont bring stephons.

If we bring our own weapons? every body is going to bring their own weapons. Also, the vast majority of people use home made darts. Are you absolutely sure that home made darts not allowed?
With that said, using a paintball park sounds pretty cool. I will talk to the other members of our clan, but it sounds a little far away for us.

#127200 Petg And Stefan

Posted by CD-R on 24 October 2007 - 07:50 PM in General Nerf

It might be bigger. Tonight I'll take a picture of both of them side-by-side. We will see.

Size means nothing. Its the strength of the spring. The DS spring is more powerful. Also, you need to make sure your darts have a good fit in PETG.

Well, within reasonable boundaries that's true, but not necessarily in all circumstances.
I've had problems like this. It's usually one, or both of these problems; the barrel is too long, or the stefan doesn't fit properly. First, I would try making the barrel shorter (try 4" first, than 3"), if that doesn't work, try CPVC as your barrel material. Also, try lubricating the plunger, and make sure that you have a good seal. If all of that doesn't work, put the stock spring back in.
If all of this doesn't help, then I have no idea what's wrong.

#103832 First Homemade

Posted by CD-R on 03 May 2007 - 08:30 PM in Homemades

I agree with thescheif. I have an AT3K with an extended air tank that is wickedly powerful; it can dent the lid of a paint can at point blank, and shoot through both sides of a pizza box. By dent a paint can, I mean a slight distortion visible by holding it up to a light and watching for a different type of reflection. I have two questions: Are you sure that it was steel, and are you sure that it was 3/16 of an inch thick? But, if you are getting the ranges you're talking about, then good job. You should definitely put up some pictures, or a more detailed description of your design. It sounds similar to something I built a while back: a bike pump, a 2 by six inch pvc air tank, a ball valve, and a barrel about three feet long (I don't think further explanation is necessary). If I remember correctly, mine got similar ranges.
I am not trying to criticize you, or doubt your design. I would just like to know how you made something that powerful.

#108081 Nesting

Posted by CD-R on 28 May 2007 - 11:08 PM in Modifications

I was to lazy to make a write up on my "rifling method", but it did get the darts spinning due to spiraling grooves on the inside of the barrel. Unfortunately, there is no advantage to this, as it purely served to make my darts curve off in all strange directions. Basically, don't waste your time with it. There are many things you can work on that will improve your guns much more, and with much less work involved.

#129791 Nerf And Police

Posted by CD-R on 15 November 2007 - 07:43 PM in Nerf Wars

At clan nightshift, we've had a few incidents, but no problems in regard to the po-po. We've been asked (politely) to leave a park for being there at night, and a few times the police have asked us what we were doing. We usually just show them some of the ammo, and give a brief explanation of the activity. Apart from the time we were asked to leave, they've never responded negatively. They usually just laugh, and keep on driving. We're always polite, and stop shooting immediately when the show up on the scene.

#108063 Nesting

Posted by CD-R on 28 May 2007 - 09:53 PM in Modifications

so, as a follow up question, would it be possible/feasable to rifle a barrel? That would give a lot more accuracy than a less snug barrel that the dart smacks around on would.

That has been extensively discussed (maybe too extensively). The general consensus was that it was not possible. You can use the search function to find the thread.

#118307 Ecno

Posted by CD-R on 04 August 2007 - 10:09 PM in Nerf Wars

We are discussing it, and are seriously considering going. We just need to get organized.

#104587 Epoxy

Posted by CD-R on 08 May 2007 - 08:24 PM in Off Topic

Yeah, MEK is nasty stuff. I asked my dad (he used to do neurological research) about it, and he said that the fumes were very toxic. Once I had PVC cement spill in my basement. After cleaning it up, I basically had to sit outside for a few hours to let the fumes dissipate. At least it was nice out, and my dad and I managed to contain the spill fast enough to keep fumes from being a serious problem. But still, watch what you're doing, and don't spill PVC cement!