7 replies to this topic

#1 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:39 PM

Posted Image

Wonderful.

This is just a standard BBB mod, but with 2 airtech 2000's on top. The 2 airtech 2k's use pvc as a coupler for 9/16 petg.

I stumbled upon doing this by accident. I wanted 1 AT2k on my bbb, but I didn't want the goop thing on. So I took my broken AT2k (the pump was broken, the check valve was good) and cut off the goop thing to see what was inside. Well, I found out that there is nothing inside the air chamber, it's just a plastic container (no big news).
So I gooped some vinyl tubing into a hole (after dremiling and cleaning out) in the air tank.

Posted Image

I only had a T-coupler quick fit ocupler so I decided to have 2 at2ks with one pump. I soon found out that when you release one airtnak you release all of the air. That means one is able to get almost twice the range out of one at2k. But, I wanted two shots. So I added in a Check valve onto one side.

Posted Image

This means that if I release the air in the tank on the right, I have 2 shots. But if I release the tank on the left, I get one big shot.

Pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by SirTofu, 05 June 2007 - 07:19 PM.

Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

#2 CD-R

CD-R

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:17 PM

Very nice job!
Looks like you beat me to the write-up on this. I tried basically the exact same thing, except I used the pump and check valves out of a dead splitfire. I can testify that this works very well.
It's A Trap! -Admiral Ackbar

#3 tacticaladvantagex5

tacticaladvantagex5

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:22 PM

Wow..nice job! Did you range test? And hows the ROF?
"The moments I treasure are everywhere and all the time. I am the angel of dispair and my feces is the shit your dreams are made of."
Vacc
~fueled by the tears of a thousand orphans~

#4 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:25 PM

How the heck do you use a splitfire? That seems really difficult.
ROF is standard for 3 shots.

Ranges...I don't take ranges. Everybody knows how far an AT2k should go.

The BBB gets about 80-90', exceptional for a BBB.

#5 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:34 PM

Whoa, that's really cool. I only see one pump, so I'm guessing that one pump pumps both the AT2K's?

Ranges...I don't take ranges. Everybody knows how far an AT2k should go.

Sure, almost everyone knows how far an AT2K goes... But I doubt anyone, myself included, knows how far an AT2K with 2 airtanks goes.

#6 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:20 PM

That means one is able to get almost twice the range out of one at2k.

#7 CD-R

CD-R

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:34 PM

How the heck do you use a splitfire?

Basically, I took the dead (really dead) splitfire, and glued the AT2K pump assembly to the front of the splitfire pump assembly. This way, the splitfire pump chamber also became an air tank. Then, I cut off the orange air tanks from the splitfire, and mounted two of those little barbed tubing couplers inside the yellow pipes on the inside of the splitfire. Lastly, I pushed the AT2K air tank tubes unto the barbed couplers. This way, the spltfire airtanks had been replaced with the AT2K airtanks.
If this sounds like complete gibberish, just say so, and I will post a picture of it.
It's A Trap! -Admiral Ackbar

#8 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:45 AM

Wow! I would love to see a pick of the gun with all the barrels in.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users