cheyner's Content

There have been 215 items by cheyner (Search limited from 13-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#282416 Homemade Barrel Selector

Posted by cheyner on 07 August 2010 - 04:16 PM in Darts and Barrels

Buffdaddy, that is actually pretty close to what I was thinking for Rev. 2. Maybe a bit more engineered, but pretty close.

Silverhead, it actually isnt that hard to turn, I lubed up the foam before I slid the CPVC in.
There is a decent amount of dead space with this method, but that could easily be reduced by using 3 reducers with CPVC stubs in them, cut to match the selector. I should have taken a better picture with the hotglue in it. Before it could cool, I used my finger to turn it into a ramp, so that air doesnt hit a wall at the end of the CPVC, but rather a ramp to help direct it in the right direction.

#282357 Homemade Barrel Selector

Posted by cheyner on 06 August 2010 - 10:29 PM in Darts and Barrels

Buffdaddy, I have 2 more ideas floating around in my head that will be added when they are done, no spoilers.

ChaosRaisin, I only had one on hand, but one of the barrels I plan to attatch is 3/4 CPVC. The triple coupler came off of my 4B, so I figured I might as well stick it on the other end. So in the end, I could use one more, but I can do without. Three would be best for a better seal though.

#282350 Homemade Barrel Selector

Posted by cheyner on 06 August 2010 - 09:37 PM in Darts and Barrels

Very cool. How's the seal?

There is a slight leak in this one. With thicker craft foam it should not be a problem though, the stuff I use is from a dollar store, so its not of the highest quality. This is going on a Pango though, so I am not to worried about the leak on this one.

#285621 First Hamp, First Post & (i Hope) New Plunger Design

Posted by cheyner on 17 September 2010 - 10:04 PM in Homemades

Also, do you have to point it down before every shot? That's the usual downfall of an RSCB system like that.

The beautiful thing about RSCB's on HAMPs, is that they will vaccume load most of the time.

How easy is that to hold? Does the ball valve get in the way at all?
Did you make the plunger rod from scrap? Or did you modify a solid rod?
I like what you have done here, I think I might need to build myself another HAMP.

#310356 Maverick AR Mod Question

Posted by cheyner on 30 January 2012 - 04:07 PM in Modifications

That's called dry firing, and is a great way to break your plunger tube. You need to not do that, and to protect against others doing it you need to add padding to the plunger rod, making sure to cut a hole so air still gets through, try craft foam, layer it up if need be.

You did nothing wrong, the AR's are there to prevent this, along with keeping the ranges safe.

#282346 Homemade Barrel Selector

Posted by cheyner on 06 August 2010 - 07:17 PM in Darts and Barrels

A few weeks ago, Buffdaddy stumbled upon a ball valve that lets you change barrels on the fly, Buffdaddys write-up. Now, that particular ball valve is quite pricey at $15 apiece.
After seeing this I knew what I needed to do, make one.

You will need these materials:
Posted Image
- A section of CPVC
- 1, 3/4 CPVC tee
- 1, 1/2 CPVC coupler
- 1, 3/4-1/2 CPVC reducer
- Some craft foam
- Super Glue
- Dremel

First off, you are going to need to make a hole in your tee. I used a "zip" bit on my dremel to rough out the hole, then used a 5/8 drum to finish it.
Posted Image

Slide your reducer into the tee.
Posted Image

Then slide your CPVC through the hole you made, and into the inside of the reducer. Drill, or mark a hole in the middle.
Posted Image

Then widen the hole for better air-flow, I used the zip bit and 5/8 drum method again. This will serve as your air diverter.
Posted Image

Slide the CPVC back into the tee and check your fit.
It should look like this:
Posted Image

Then you are going to want to trim down the CPVC so there is only enough sticking out of the hole for the elbow to fit. Stick on your elbow, then mark the CPVC inside of the tee so you know where the craft foam will fit.
Posted Image

Pull the CPVC back out and slather some Super Glue in the space between your marks. Then wrap your craft foam around the CPVC, wait a bit for it to dry, then trim it as needed.
Posted Image

Stick the CPVC back into the tee, making sure the end goes into the reducer.
I put some lube on mine to make it a bit smoother, it isnt needed though.
Posted Image

Fill in the part of the CPVC that sticks out of the tee with some hot glue to seal it, then glue on your elbow. I put a screw in the elbow, through the CPVC just to make sure I dont twist the elbow off.
Posted Image

And you are done.
There are easier ways of doing this, I can think of at least 1 right now, but I thought of this first and had to follow through.
Questions? Comments?

#310440 Maverick AR Mod Question

Posted by cheyner on 31 January 2012 - 06:17 PM in Modifications

No, that is not the place we are talking about.
The complete opposite end of that piece is the right spot though, so you are getting closer.

What you are having us check is increasing the seal between the turret and plunger, which wouldn't hurt either.

#315923 Air Tank Tube Connection

Posted by cheyner on 20 May 2012 - 07:29 PM in Modifications

Another impressive post by MiG.

I will have to make use of this technique if I ever get around to finishing my double 4B.

McMaster will ship to Canada, at least they would to the company a buddy of mine used to work for, but that also might have something to do with it being an international company. I'm sure they would not ship to individuals in Canada.

#311197 Question about AT3K Manual Rotation

Posted by cheyner on 14 February 2012 - 07:07 PM in Modifications

Just rotate it as close to the shell as you can and hot glue the shit out of it.

#284969 My Ldnr

Posted by cheyner on 06 September 2010 - 07:48 PM in Homemades

If you're shooting 1/2" PVC, what darts are you using?

He could be using mega's, or stock darts.

That being said, what did you use for the plunger head?
Is it pull and release?
Whats going on here?

#296509 Massacre 6

Posted by cheyner on 23 March 2011 - 09:27 PM in Nerf Wars

I have to admit, I didnt read farther then the date when I said I would be there, and now I have to ask.
For the Cobras/Jobras/Pangos, they have to be at least 5 barrels correct?

Edit: Ok, just had to check.

#276130 Make Your Own Wye

Posted by cheyner on 26 May 2010 - 09:07 PM in Homemades

I only advantage that I see with a homemade wye is that you can customize the angle. If you have a mellower angle you can use longer darts with the system and darts should load smoother. Try a 40 or 35 degree angle next time. Nice job.l

Thank you, another very important factor for making wye's, is the fact that Flexpvc's shipping to Canada is crazy.

#268930 Cpvc, Hard To Find?

Posted by cheyner on 12 March 2010 - 06:42 PM in General Nerf

If you live in Canada go to a Home Hardware, or Home Building Centre. There's also Rona, in Kingston the Canadian Tires are useless, all 3 of them. Hell, Lowe's are starting to pop up like crazy too.

#291122 Should I Be Worried?

Posted by cheyner on 18 December 2010 - 05:59 PM in General Nerf

I wouldn't be worried it probably just had a rough shipment, if the gun works i think it should be fine.

Must have been quite the bumpy ride, enough to unwrap a dart and load it into the gun even.

You should just take it back. It might work fine now, but why did the last person return it?
Unless you like paying full price for something that is used.

#275872 Make Your Own Wye

Posted by cheyner on 24 May 2010 - 09:15 PM in Homemades

Having successfully built my first wye for my MEGAHAMP, I decided to try building one for my 4B. Seeing as how it was going to be of a more suitable size for the community, I decided to document my fun with PVC for you.

Materials:
½ Inch PVC
Super glue
Hot glue
Dremel
Angle or mitre box
Knife of some sort
½ Drill bit
Sand paper

First you want to bust out your angle or mitre box and mark and cut a piece of PVC at 45 degrees.
Posted Image

Take your sand paper and wrap it around some ½ inch PVC. Sand your 45 degree cut on this until you get a nice snugish fit. You could also use the sanding drum on your Dremel if that’s how you roll.
Posted Image

Now grab some more ½ inch PVC and your ½ drill bit. Use whatever method of drilling you prefer, I just use a spade bit with a ratcheting screwdriver. Drill 2 close to overlapping holes or one if you have some time.
Now use your knife/Dremel and connect the holes.
The next part is pretty much trial and error. Widen the hole so that no PVC shows when you hold your 45 piece up to it and look in the PVC.
Posted Image

Time to trim your 2 piece’s down to size. You don’t want them to be too short, nor do you want them to be too long. Try to get them just long enough so that there is enough to hold the pipe going into the piece.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now you need to make sure the ends of your wye can accept ½ CPVC.
This will be easiest with a dremel with a small sanding drum. Take your time and make sure to check your fit often.
Posted Image
All 3 ends should more or less look like this.

Time to glue the 2 pieces together making sure it is lined up at the same time of course. I like to use a drop or 2 of super glue to hold it together before I smother it in hot glue.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now all you have to do is follow this very timely posted thread and then strap it to something big and powerful.
Posted Image

This design can easily be used to make wyes of all sizes, not just for ½ CPVC.
For my MEGAHAMP I used ¾ PVC, as it needed to accept ¾ CPVC and ½ PVC.

#275877 Make Your Own Wye

Posted by cheyner on 24 May 2010 - 09:58 PM in Homemades

Home made PVC wyes are not at all new to Nerfhaven, but I would say your method seems quite a bit cleaner than Carrtoon's method from 4 years ago. I still would highly recommend solvent welding instead of hot-melt glue OR electrical tape.

Thank you Bob, I was not aware of that. As for the glue, I agree completly with you, I'm just very impatient. This one actually is held together mainly by Loctite Gel super glue, with the hot glue for an extra bit of strength. I make sure there is no super glue showing before I do this as well.

#281178 ...

Posted by cheyner on 24 July 2010 - 09:06 PM in Modifications

I say use a plastic welder or even a soldering iron and melt the two ends together. Thats the only thing that I've found you can do when glues wont work.

When people use the term plastic or solvent weld, it doesn't mean using a deice to literally melt/weld the plastic pieces together through heat....

Solvent welding uses a solvent (chemical) to dissolve the surface of the plastic and re-harden the two pieces into one piece.

And when he says plastic welder, or soldering iron, he means literally melting/welding the plastic pieces together through heat.
Did you see the word "solvent" anywhere in his post?

Heating the ends with something is most likely going to be your only option. The tricky part will be making sure you dont push to much together, making the priming rod curve.
I do not have one here in front of me, but you should be able to use a small ringed finishing nail to strengthen the joint, like you did with the catch.

#320919 30 round Absolver/shotgun attachment

Posted by cheyner on 23 August 2012 - 06:05 PM in Darts and Barrels

Princexbuster made a shotgun RSCB a few years ago, look for his commission thread to see his, I also know there is a video for it, but you will have to find both of those yourself.

This is what my version of it looks like:

Posted Image

#308685 Terra nova props = NERF

Posted by cheyner on 24 December 2011 - 01:15 AM in Modifications

You are a couple of months late, seeing as the season ended this week.
I was hoping to see a Vulcan used in some way, but considering it was shot in Australia the price probably kept them from doing that.
I do thank you for that link though, that is a very interesting site in general, and should help with a current project of mine.
I didn't realize the Recon was actually 2 hacked and glued together, there are also a couple of other things that make me think it would be pretty hard to still shoot darts, which kinda sucks.
The NF however looks like it only needs a few minor tweaks to make it still be able to fire darts.

#279792 Chainblazer Mod...singled?!?!

Posted by cheyner on 08 July 2010 - 10:47 PM in Modifications

That sir, is one fine peice of work. Makes me wish I didnt smash mine some 15 years ago.
And props on the spatula and cigar.

#294832 The Redneck Hunting Rifle

Posted by cheyner on 21 February 2011 - 03:37 PM in Modifications

I just noticed this, you can turn the breach around when open? I like this even more now.

#309086 Stefan Directory?

Posted by cheyner on 03 January 2012 - 08:54 PM in Modifications

That is some good reading you linked to there Langley.

Reading those old post made me want more, I already rock megas every now and then, is there any write-ups on making these "ghost" darts I have heard of?
I know they are craft foam over FBR, I am more wondering if there is any tips on making them.

#322377 Work Out Mat Barrel Spacers

Posted by cheyner on 09 October 2012 - 12:19 AM in Darts and Barrels

That's friggin sweet.

#274256 A Gift For The Milsim Lovers!

Posted by cheyner on 07 May 2010 - 04:13 PM in Off Topic

I'm more concerned to learn from that page that we are slowly running out of rocks.

#282094 Nerf Camo Ammo

Posted by cheyner on 04 August 2010 - 01:07 PM in General Nerf

The velcro straps need to be replaced with a buckle, or buttons.
It may be camo, but it still has nothing on my old school GameBoy fanny pack. Big pouch in front with a zipper, and another smaller one in the back (originally games front, GameBoy back).
But seriosuly, that velcro just seems like all kind of bad news.

#322372 Work Out Mat Barrel Spacers

Posted by cheyner on 08 October 2012 - 08:16 PM in Darts and Barrels

These rock, I actually seen a bag of these at my local Value Village, they wanted 3 times more then what you paid though so I passed.
Would you be willing to make a RFDG spacer out of the purple for me? If it fits that is, most of those pieces look too small.
Although, a half green, half purple one would look cool locked together.

#322764 Air Zone Triple Shot, Discontinued?

Posted by cheyner on 18 October 2012 - 09:01 PM in General Nerf

You went to the same store twice looking for something and didn't think to ask somebody that works there?
Maybe you should try that, then if they do still sell them they can order you one.

#309100 Stefan Directory?

Posted by cheyner on 04 January 2012 - 12:43 AM in Modifications

Thank you snakerbot, that page was pretty much what I was hoping for. Somebody is getting shot with a webby this year, that's for sure.

#339225 Whats happened with Canada?

Posted by cheyner on 29 May 2014 - 07:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Forsaken Angel and his crew retired from hosting after the last Hell had about 8-10 of us show up. Basically the vets have retired and not enough young guns have stepped up to fill the void. Some of us have tried hosting wars, but being outside of the GTA has led to less than desired turnouts.

#269393 Basic Sharpshooter Ii Mods/repairs

Posted by cheyner on 16 March 2010 - 09:55 PM in Modifications

These blaster's are diffinantly worth holding onto. I did the same thing to mine with similar ranges.
Does anybody know exactly why the bottom barrel has more power? Is it because of the selector? Even stock the bottom barrel has more kick. Also, I'm glad you kept the 2 barrels, I hate seeing these singled if the selector works fine.

#293305 The Semiauto Salvo

Posted by cheyner on 24 January 2011 - 05:22 PM in Modifications

Holy shit..... that thing is awesome! Just whatever you do, don't paint it pink

If experience has taught us anything, it will be white and pink when the time comes.

You never fail to amaze me Buffdaddy. I love the way that thing looks.

#271600 Automatic Design Question

Posted by cheyner on 07 April 2010 - 05:48 PM in Homemades

If you build that, it has a 50/50 chance of breaking every time you let go of the trigger. There's nothing to stop the trigger from catching behind the plunger and totally fucking everything up.

There's a bunch of other problems too, probably, but none that would totally prevent this from working as much as your trigger design.

The trigger problem would be easily solved just by cutting the back of the trigger into a slant. That way if it does go "behind" the plunger, it will simply slide over and catch the right way.

#296359 Cerberus, Multibarrled Rotating Shotgun Attachment.

Posted by cheyner on 21 March 2011 - 05:05 PM in Homemades

Thats awesome, I think I just found my new fav DTC barrel setup.

#292211 Lanard Scatterblast Mod

Posted by cheyner on 04 January 2011 - 10:44 AM in Modifications

So what your saying is, if you rebarrel this with CPVC your darts would be perfect for it?
Why dont you rebarrel it then?

#292697 Hornet Tank Dimensions

Posted by cheyner on 12 January 2011 - 05:00 PM in Modifications

I don't want to hijack this thread, but shmmee can you link to those later posts? I really dug the original thread.

Are you actually so useless that you cant click on the link YOU posted, and scroll to the bottom of the page?

On topic, are you planning on making your own with these dimensions?

#280894 Longshot One Man Army Gun

Posted by cheyner on 21 July 2010 - 04:38 PM in Modifications

What might be more appropriate here, since this thread already exists, would be for you to supply more info about the mods you did. Like the gray thing below the Mav, how you're loading up the party popper with darts, and maybe some data about how the popper performs for you.

I would also like to know how exactly you cock the Longshot. Are you just pulling back on the boltsled?

#272489 Question About Rscb Clip

Posted by cheyner on 17 April 2010 - 03:32 PM in Darts and Barrels

If you can't find thinwall pvc try 3/4 cpvc. I use it for my mega (5/8) clips.

#262781 Nerf Longshot Scope

Posted by cheyner on 23 January 2010 - 12:59 AM in General Nerf

I request pictures before anything is done with the scope. Have you opened up the rest of the gun? If the scope is full of them I dont want to know what the inside of the gun looks like, wait yes i do.
Pictures my friend, pictures.
Also, added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole.

#262833 Nerf Longshot Scope

Posted by cheyner on 23 January 2010 - 05:44 PM in General Nerf

I request pictures before anything is done with the scope. Have you opened up the rest of the gun? If the scope is full of them I dont want to know what the inside of the gun looks like, wait yes i do.
Pictures my friend, pictures.
Also, added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole.

Dude thats mean, thats not something that you sigg. you don't have to be dirty people to get roaches fleas, or bed bugs, he could live in an appartment buiding or something. When I was growing up we lived in the hood, and even though my mother was a clean fanatic we still had problems with roaches because of the neighbors weren't as good a house keepers. If a building has them then anybody in the building can get them. Also roaches can get into the smallest places.

Deffinantly nothing mean said there. If anything you have implied that this is a dirty situation. I just wanted to see pictures for pure entertainment. Also it has been "added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole" because for only being one problem, it is a pretty rare and humourus one.

#265104 Needs Advice For A Crazy Plan.

Posted by cheyner on 11 February 2010 - 09:56 PM in Modifications

If you dont mind some things sticking out, then stick a Raider in there. Just imagine chasing somebody with a vaccume handle with a drum mag sticking out of it.