TheVeg's Content

There have been 54 items by TheVeg (Search limited from 18-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#149570 Michigan Roll Call (now With Possible Location Map)

Posted by TheVeg on 05 April 2008 - 10:09 PM in Nerf Wars

I live in Ann Arbor, and would be happy to come. Where in Ann Arbor do you live? I go to Pioneer High School.

I would probably come alone, or with only one friend. Any date should be fine, my summer is open except for a few camps here and there.

#148650 You Guys Should Take A Look

Posted by TheVeg on 01 April 2008 - 05:10 PM in General Nerf

That would be sweet. However, its april fools day. The chances of that being true are slim. Were you a part of this, or did they make it up?
They were fooled!
It had me fooled for a sec there though.

#129585 Cpvc Breech

Posted by TheVeg on 12 November 2007 - 10:21 PM in Darts and Barrels

If you get Charlotte 1/2" PVC (I found it at Lowes in a kind of small piece size, not the ten ft. lengths) it is big enough for cpvc to fit in very snugly, and airtight. All of the brands of cpvc I have work with it but the 1/2" must be charlotte. Copper also fits into this PVC airtight.
-Veg

#125744 Charlottes Doom

Posted by TheVeg on 10 October 2007 - 08:20 PM in General Nerf

Although the tantrum was uncalled for, it was a nice gun. I am developing something similar, but it is clip fed and less cosmetically oriented. It's too bad, he could have been a decent member. People also seem to be pretty trigger happy with the insults and corrections these days, with all the noobs around.

-Veg

#115616 Xxl Bazooka Modification

Posted by TheVeg on 12 July 2007 - 07:46 PM in Modifications

I came across one of those awhile ago and modded it very similarly. It is the only gun I have seen powered by an extension spring. (a whopping big one as well)

The crank-thing on the top makes it very impractical to use, so I cut the shell off at the black Xxl circle and now I can pull the rod back to cock it like a nitefinder. It's neat because it can be cocked at any length, for more or less power. However, it helps to attach something else to pull it back.

The overall result makes it look like a supersized maxshot. (I removed the second handle, the crank, and the ammo holders) It's much easier to use than the premodded version, although it is still not very war-friendly.

I suggest you try it.

-Veg

#101912 Leaving Nerf

Posted by TheVeg on 06 April 2007 - 09:05 PM in Off Topic

Let's hope that wasn't his friend or anyone trying to mess with him. Too late now.

Good luck, and on August 21, 2034 7:30 PM you can tell us if it was really you.

-Veg

#100778 Cardboard Couch

Posted by TheVeg on 04 March 2007 - 03:58 PM in Off Topic

Get a cheap inflatable couch and cover it in Duct tape. Or you could get a couch off the street and cover it in duct tape as they did here. Use 3M duct tape, its the stickiest. But if you are really low on cash, just buy an inflatable couch and just patch the holes with duct tape. However, covering it beforehand would be better because there would be no leaks at all. Just remember to not cover the valve...

Good Luck.

-TheVeg

#98923 Longshot Modification.

Posted by TheVeg on 29 January 2007 - 11:39 AM in Modifications

Nice, awesome everything. It's like that brass breech that I posted ages ago, but way better. Amazing.
My breech, inpired by Angels 3B

-Veg

#98377 The Old Armageddon Videos

Posted by TheVeg on 16 January 2007 - 04:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Every time I watch that 2001 'Geddon Video, it stops after playing a good ways into it. Stops at the same place every time. Anyone else had this problem? Maybe OMC'll have the whole thing and that'll solve the problem.

Is that time, by any chance, 2:45? because whenever I watch it (it's a quick-time vid, downloaded it a few months ago) it glitches at that time, but still keeps on playing (the sound cuts out and the picture is still for about 2 seconds). However, when I was trying to convert it to .AVI so it could play on my zen, it stopped and started spitting error messages at me at that point. Did you try downloading it again? I just watched it direct from the site, and it was fine.

-Veg

#97894 Hey Everyone

Posted by TheVeg on 07 January 2007 - 09:55 PM in General Nerf

You could have tried searching for both guns and comparing ranges.. well anyways longshot will achieve greater range when modded.

Range isn't everything. If you think that way, get out of here and go join a paintball forum. And the longshot does not always out perform the BBB, unless perhaps you mod each of them to their extremes.

So yeah, I voted BBB. Mine is my favorite gun, uber-modded of course. Plus, I think it is a better gun stock anyway, which is what he might of been asking on the first place.

Darn... Winter break is finally over...

-Veg

Edit: Same time post! Grrr, you beat me by a matter of seconds...

#97653 So Many Problems...

Posted by TheVeg on 03 January 2007 - 07:59 PM in Modifications

Don't worry, you're not alone with the problems thing- for the past month I've been modding a friends TTG and it took me 6 tries to actually get it working well, and it's a really simple gun! Plus a lot of other mods did not go as well as I would have hoped...

Anyway, for the night finder springs try ACE #49. (if I can remember right) Those are really heavy springs and they are almost the same length as the EX-3 stock spring. I had great results with them but (and because) my parents made me take them out. For the longshot spring, you could buy a max shot off of Amazon and that should be cheaper that buying a 3B.

I can confirm that that is a supermaxx 3k blue, and I have that gun modded in a unique way. I gave up on the stupid complicated trigger mechanism and removed the rotating black plastic piece and put a BIC pen tube where the spring was (the stronger one). That got me a nice reliable hair trigger. I forget how I removed the turret but I somehow got rid of the restrictors and junk and put 10" brass barrels into sections of an old pump tube of a supersoaker (I think it's thinwall PVC) that fit like a glove in the regular barrels, then gooped it up. I can get you pictures if you want. Don't single it, you would get the same result as a singled 2k.

P.S.- reinforce the pump handle!

-Veg

#95694 Snowstorms

Posted by TheVeg on 01 December 2006 - 09:25 PM in Off Topic

No snow day for me... and Friday is the best day to have a snow day.

Of course, it was like 33, not 32, and judging by the amount of RAIN we got it would have been one hell of a snow day. Oh well, at least I got to go to k-mart, and get a Bigblast. DANG those things are amazing.

-Veg

#95115 My New Puppy

Posted by TheVeg on 24 November 2006 - 10:13 AM in Off Topic

My family has always rescued pets, and I think that that is the best way to get a dog. We have had 4 dogs from shelters, and two are still alive. One is a corgi mix and the other we are not sure but she looks exactly like an

-Get ready, its a long name-

Entlebucher Sennenhund. That is a really rare breed, but we have no papers to prove it. She is about a year old.

Posted Image Posted Image

Those are some 'pure' Entlebucher Sennenhunds

Good luck with your dog,

-Veg

#94567 Holiday Raffle

Posted by TheVeg on 15 November 2006 - 09:05 PM in General Nerf

#92779 Modding The Maverick For A College Class

Posted by TheVeg on 23 October 2006 - 08:15 PM in Modifications

If you were really in a modding mood you could do the semi-auto maverick mod- an airtech 2000 air tank hooked up to a large air bladder like one from a rapidfire or wildfire. You could hook it up to an auto bike pump or something like that. The only one I can find at the moment is This one but there are others, I know that Carrtoon did one with a dart tag.

Just an idea, but how experienced are you with modding? That might get you a better grade than just a bought airsoft part.

I'm not an expert but I sure couldn't blow enough pressure into something to make it shoot a dart any reasonable distance... but you could make it balloon-powered... :ph34r:

Good luck,

-Veg

Edit: found another one, the original one done by THIRST. Here it is.

#92766 Admin Rampage

Posted by TheVeg on 23 October 2006 - 07:11 PM in News

Alright!
I was hoping you'd be back soon, because sometimes Piney is just too nice. It's n00b season, and the forums could use some cleaning up. Half the topics have been useless junk, its been pretty annoying.
I better get back to work on my homework, Longshot, Ttg cpvc writeup, and Xxl bazooka mod. You will be seeing those in the coming month or two...

Those dorks will finally get what they deserve. There are no firearms restrictions in open n00b season, so have fun!

-Veg

#92714 Longshot Brass Breech

Posted by TheVeg on 23 October 2006 - 06:35 AM in Modifications

The 17/32 section goes into the 9/16 completely all the way up to the plastic piece, and there is about one inch of full 17/32 in the 9/16. It takes a lot of checking the fit and this might not work with longer darts. I really don't have a problem unless I ram the bolt close to as fast as I can. You need to mod the clips too. I will get better pictures, and turn this into a full writeup next weekend.

Now, back to Homework.

-Veg

#92653 Longshot Brass Breech

Posted by TheVeg on 22 October 2006 - 08:13 PM in Modifications

I recently received a Longshot for my birthday, and began modding it as soon as I could. I basically did The Inventor Guy's mod, but instead of a foam seal I did a nested brass breech- a half-section of 17/32 and a 9/16 barrel. This results in a almost perfect seal, and gives you the nested brass effect. Using the funky hot-glue seal and the stock spring, I got ranges a little under that of my angels BBB. I am not going to post ranges, because I recently discovered that bbs do not give you an adequate weight for stefans, so none of my ranges are good :unsure: . So if anyone asks "how are those ranges" or anything like that, they have been skimming... I am hoping to get some o-rings soon, and I will post the improvements.

The breech consists of a half section of 17/32 brass a bit longer than the length of my darts and a full section of 17/32 that completes the seal. The darts in the clip are pushed into the half section and then the bolt is slid forward so the half section goes completely in the 9/16 barrel and into the full part of the 17/32, giving it a good seal. The dart does not go into the full part of the 17/32, but it could if you took the trouble to make the edge perfect. (right now mine is bowing in) Make sure that at least a bit of the half section is in the barrel when the bolt is all the way back to avoid unnecessary jams. Oncce you clear the hole where the dart used to get pushed in you can just stick the 17/32 in there about an inch, and add some epoxy, not hot glue, around it.

This system is not completely reliable, but it works fine unless you push in the bolt really fast, then the dart sometimes gets pinched in the breech, and it is obvious when it is. This is pretty complicated to operate, because it stumped all my friends at the war... there are many things you can do wrong... :blink:

Don't hesitate to ask any questions, usually I can get on the computer at school for about 10 minutes a day, so expect answers around 7:00am and anytime on weekends. I have no time after school, but I hope to get better pictures next weekend.

Do you spell it Breech or Breach? I'm not exactly sure... Edit: Got It! Thanks Lizard Messiah!

Anyway, on to the Pictures...

View from where the sliding door would be. I left it out so I could always see what this thing was doing.
Posted Image

Dart in open breach. View from magazine well.
Posted Image

Open Breach. View from magazine well.
Posted Image

Breach halfway closed, view from magazine well. Dart in breach.
Posted Image

The pictures are big, I know, and there are a lot of them. If these is anything I did not make clear please tell me. Any comments are welcome.

Am I the first to do a brass breach on the LS? That is pretty cool...

Hope you liked it,

-Veg :D (Nerf always puts me in a good mood)

#92469 Broken Window!

Posted by TheVeg on 21 October 2006 - 04:35 PM in General Nerf

With a busted Stefan, that totally makes sense. Whatever weight you were using was slammed into the window at an extremely high velocity. (the 2k probably has the highest velocity of all the guns) that's basically like taking the point of a Phillips screwdriver and slamming into the window. Think of those window puncher-things that are used in cars. That works on the same principle as your 2k window buster-a small point and a lot of pressure.

So yeah- don't shoot windows :angry:

#92464 Christmas Clash December 16 Il

Posted by TheVeg on 21 October 2006 - 04:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Illinois, okay. So much for Michigan... Oh well, my parents would have refused somewhere along the line. Have fun! I like the name, Christmas clash.

#92463 Stronger Nf Springs.

Posted by TheVeg on 21 October 2006 - 04:17 PM in General Nerf

I get great ranges with a #49 spring at ACE. The springs at ACE are in a bunch of tiny plastic drawers on a wall with numbers on them. with CPVC, better o-rings, and that spring my NF is so powerful that my parents did not let me use it in a war. (think AT2k power)

I have had no trouble with a cut down case, but they have not been in there for long. the plunger tube screw holes are a bit stressed/stretched out, so I would reinforce it, though.

#92367 Idea For A Revolver

Posted by TheVeg on 20 October 2006 - 09:09 PM in Homemades

Instead of maverick turrets you should use 2k turrets. (air-tech 2000) It would be a helluva lot easier, and you wouldn't have to deal with the whole rotation thing. This is totally possible, and would be pretty cool.

#91842 Best Weapon

Posted by TheVeg on 13 October 2006 - 06:33 AM in General Nerf

Wow.
That is totally true.

This should be in the articles forum!

-Veg

#91464 Firefox 2.0

Posted by TheVeg on 07 October 2006 - 04:19 PM in Off Topic

I find the Google toolbar spell check very convenient, but that may be what you are talking about. I'm using FireFox (2.0 I think) and on the Google toolbar you just click ABC check and it highlights any misspelled words.

I am a naturally bad speller, and when I spell checked this post it found 5 words. This really helps me, and it might help a lot of others.

-KLM, a.k.a TheVeg

#91413 My Split Target

Posted by TheVeg on 07 October 2006 - 09:21 AM in Modifications

Pretty cool!

I am attempting something similar but with 2 at2ks, and you just gave me some fresh ideas. It seems like the trigger would be uncomfortable though.

-KLM. a.k.a. TheVeg

#91376 I'm Pissed

Posted by TheVeg on 06 October 2006 - 06:08 PM in Off Topic

The same thing happened to me, but a lot worse. (in my opinion)

I was hosting a Nerf war in southern michigan and all of a sudden they started saying that none of this could happen and I was too obsessed with Nerf, so they are not letting me buy any more guns. (sorry six-five-two) They are saying I an 'addicted to Nerf' and that is not good, for some reason. The war is now reduced to parent okayed guns and parent okayed people at my house. I cannot wait until I can do a Nerf war by my self... it will be the greatest.....

-KLM, a.k.a. TheVeg

#90706 Michigan Nerf War

Posted by TheVeg on 28 September 2006 - 04:13 PM in Nerf Wars

GRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:angry:

MY PARENTS ARE NUTS!!!!! *expletive* repeat, repeat, etc.

Yesterday I was talking to both of them about letting y'all come.... and they TOTALLY SHOT DOWN MY FREAKING NERF WAR!!!!!!! They just got worse and worse....

First they said poo could come if his parents came,

Then they said no NIC people could come at all

Then they said that I am too obsessed with Nerf and too involved in this site... so they DISCONNECTED MY FREAKIN INTERNET so that's why I haven't posted in awhile,

Then they said that even if I got permission to do the war at Pioneer that I couldn't and I had to have it at my house with only my friends, and my yard is just a field with beds we cant walk in, and thin trees.

Then they said I could not use any extremely modified guns, and that's half of my arsenal (but Ive used them before with no problems....

I hate it how parents don't give you good explanations why you can't do things and they keep making things worse and worse.

I would post 5 lines of pissed-off faces, but there's a limit...

GOD I AM PISSED OFF!!!!

Now that I know there are people interested in coming the SECOND I get the chance I will start up another war, and will do every freakin thing I can to go to someone else's in Michigan, So 3M members, or anybody else, can you PM me about any upcoming wars, will be greatly appreciated.

Well, I tried everything I could, but it didn't work. :angry:

I edited the first post, and here is the original quoted post, this is how it would have been...
Hello there:

I am currently planning a Michigan Nerf war, hosted by our newly formed clan, the Michigan Mafia. A lot of us are new to Nerf, but we are planning about 10 clan members coming. (Not including any NIC people) Our age range is about 14-15, with a few exceptions. (siblings/parents)

The date is not permanent, but I'm looking at October 15th. That's a Sunday, and for us it's the day after homecoming. I don't know about length, because my parents don't want to sit around Pioneer for that long. The minimum will probably be four hours.

GAH!!!! The secretary talked to me on Monday and she said that the district does not want us to Nerf at Pioneer. I will try Shinny's Nerf letter, and find a backup location. (The only thing the damn school people think about is not getting sued...)
The location is currently Ann Arbor Pioneer, my school. There are about 20 portables with asphalt and boardwalks between them on one side of the school. Its a lot like the 'Geddon location, but if I'm correct it is bigger. I have permission to Nerf there, but its sorta sketchy. I talked to the secretary in the main office and she said if she did not get back to me by the end of the week (already passed) then it was okay. I hope to get clearer confirmation tomorrow.

Eye protection is mandatory, No singled titans, sm5ks, or anything with similar power. Homemades I need to see to okay. Basically common sense rules. We will be playing a variety of games and whatever is suggested. I will have basic modding stuff, as well as chalk, duct tape, a whistle, hot glue, and all that other good stuff.

Bring a sack lunch, baggy/warm clothes (this is Michigan, and my guns are powerful) and a Nerf attitude. As far as directions go, the school is right across from Michigan Stadium, so it should be relatively easy to find.

I am the only modder in our clan, and I have about 20 working, modified guns. My friends have a few more that I have also modded. The advantage to this is that we all use the same barrel types and stefans. Our airguns are 9/16 brass or crayola, and spring guns are 17/32 brass or cpvc. Anybody who is coming single is welcome to use one of ours if theirs our not compatible but if another clan is coming (which would be REALLY COOL , providing I gat get my parents to okay it,) then I would prefer if they brought guns/darts too. The location sure is big enough.

I am also the only dartsmith in our clan, and I have about 150 good darts. (stefans), and I am consistently making 50-75 every weekend along with modding some guns I got off eBay. We will not be using stock darts unless we desperately need darts. ( I have 100 taggers) it looks like it will be easy to find darts, so that should not be much of a problem.

I checked the Nerf frappr map and was happy to see quite a few nerfers in the area. Michigan nerfers, don't hesitate to post if you can/cannot come, or if you would like more info. Next weekend I will go with a few friends to test out the area, take pictures and to make sure we don't get kicked off by custodians or anything...

So far the people who may be able to come are:

Poo, maybe, a few friends,

Lefty, Uriel, and other 3M members

General Cole

I will talk to my parents and see if you all can come. Poo has pretty much been okayed, but they would like his parents to come or at least talk to them.

Yeah, sorry Veggie, my friends called me that school long before I had even heard of nerf, and I did not come up with the MM name.

I WILL be seeing some of you soon, no matter what.

-Veg out. :D

#90613 N00b Lookin For Some Tips On Startin Up A Nerf Clan

Posted by TheVeg on 27 September 2006 - 04:04 PM in General Nerf

Click Here

Try searching next time.

#90492 Michigan Nerf War

Posted by TheVeg on 25 September 2006 - 08:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Bad News Guys,
:( :unsure:

Today during school I got a message saying to go to the office regarding my "Nerf" game. I talked to the secretary and she said the district does not want me to do it because they do not want to get sued. I am going to try two things: first, go there this weekend with a few friends and see if I encounter any trouble. If there is none whatsoever, I will continue to co there every Sunday and if there is no problem then I will just not bother with the stupid district people. If I do encounter the slightest bit of resistance, I will send a letter to the school superintendent or whatever, (thank you SO much Shinny, That's one less page I have to write, just edit...) and bug 'em until I get permission. If all fails, I will have a (not as good backup) site planned.

Also, my mom suddenly is not to keen on any of you NIC guys coming... :angry: She says it is not a good idea to invite all these kids you don't know, and she is responsible for all my friends and stuff. If you are interested in coming, please state your age, who might come with you, where you live and whether your parents could come. Unfortunatly she says that only kids around my age might be able to come, and a bunch of other random stuff. Bah, who understands parents anyways... :wacko:

Don't be discouraged, though. I will try everything I freakin' can to keep this war on track. More news tommorow.

MMM nerfers- when is your next war? If I went to one and my parents saw that you guys were cool and all then we would have better luck next time for sure. Is it always in march, or are there others? Uriel- we would start at about that time... but I dunno, my mom is going crazy right now... Of course, we could make some stuff up, and have some people just 'tag along' and maybe somebody older could be a neighbor who offered to drive and decided to stay because it sounded fun... ;)

-Veg, signing out.

#90371 Michigan Nerf War

Posted by TheVeg on 24 September 2006 - 07:51 PM in Nerf Wars

My parents will be there to supervise us, because this war is sort of my birthday party, (no presents, cake, or relatives, though) and they do not think I am old enough to control 15+ people for 4 plus hours. (I am 14, but responsible) My parents would probably like it better if your parents came, because we do not know you, and they are sort of paranoid too. (but not about Nerf)

That would be awesome if you and a few friends could come! Would you bring any sort of guns or ammo? I am pretty good at convincing parents (and school staff) that Nerf is a safe sport. I made some safety darts (foam-tipped) just to show people. And we are a cool group of kids, not the type who run around shooting civilians, swearing, and aim for faces... Your parents should not have anything to worry about.

Where in Michigan do you live, and, just curious, how are old are you?

I recommend you wear a sweatshirt and long parts, because its Michigan, and my guns are pretty powerful...
Hope you can come!! The Michigan Mafias first war should be something to remember.

I will keep the first post updated with all the info.

-Veg

#90353 Michigan Nerf War

Posted by TheVeg on 24 September 2006 - 05:14 PM in Nerf Wars

Extremely sorry. Parents shot the war down. Last post explains how it SHOULD HAVE BEEN.

AS SOON AS I CAN, (may be when I'm 16 :) ) I WILL REALLY DO THIS.

Don't delete this thread, because there's some awesome nerfing advice later on.

-Veg :( :unsure: :angry:

#90282 A Few General Questions...

Posted by TheVeg on 23 September 2006 - 05:16 PM in Modifications

Hey on a side note CPVC has a really thick wall unlike brass or PTEG. Hey Veg where in Ace Hardware is your brass?

The ACE I like has the brass by the metal pipes and rods, springs and the foam stuff. It varies from ACE to ACE because it is a cardboard box-thing that says K&S Metal Center on the side that can be placed anywhere. The ACE that does not carry 36" sections has it by the PVC and iron pipe, and the foam and gutter stuff. Just look for a triangular box 2-4 feet tall that says K&S Metal center. Don't remember where the other ACE had brass.

Hope this helps,

-Veg

#90239 A Few General Questions...

Posted by TheVeg on 23 September 2006 - 08:31 AM in Modifications

For spring guns you want a pretty tight barrel, like CPVC, which is on the tight side, or nested brass. For airguns, you want a barrel that that you can blow the dart through but still is airtight. I use 9/16. I personally never get brass at a hobby store, I get it at ACE hardware. out of the 3 that I have been to, they all carried brass and one of them has 36" sections. You want to take whatever you are using for darts and see what fits at the hardware store. Another option is sch. 80 PVC, which I think is found in the sprinkler section of Lowe's.

All of those barrels are for micro stefans (1/2 fbr), which I reccomend.

Regarding stefans, it really depends on what your goal is. If you want cheap, well performing darts, use fbr, and weights like fishing, slingshot, or bbs. However, If you want truly awesome darts, go with converted tagger darts, and use those slingshot weights that you just push in. If you want more information on those, I suggest you PM Falcon, the master of converted tagger stefans. Try searching, too.

Try taking your pre- cut cylinders to the hardware store, and testing barrels there. if the foam porous or airtight? if air can blow through it, than its not a good idea.

For more help, check the pinned dartsmithing tips in the general Nerf thread.
Click here

For modding a blastfire, look in the modifications section, not forum. Ther 4th down.
http://nerfhaven.com...cxwq_blastfire/

Best of luck,

Veg

#89858 My Longshot Modifications (56k Beware)

Posted by TheVeg on 17 September 2006 - 09:49 AM in Modifications

Yes!!!! Thank you!!!

I have been waiting for a longshot barrel replacement write up! This is awesome! Should I use the barrel I use for airguns, or the barrel I use for spring guns? I have heard of people using loose barrels, but I need to confirm. Also, would this work with 9/16 brass? My stefans have a perfect sliding fit, and I don't want to change darts.

Thanks again,

-Veg

#89847 War Movie

Posted by TheVeg on 16 September 2006 - 09:49 PM in Off Topic

Nice! I love doing movies like that, but that surpassed anything I've done. I should post my movie on YouTube...

It would have been cooler (at least more fit for NH) if you had done the whole thing with nerf guns. The music is cool, too. Nice job.

Be sure to tell us when #2 is up.

-Veg

#89355 Interesting War

Posted by TheVeg on 08 September 2006 - 08:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Nice! I love destructible environments. I've got some crappy newsprint lying around, I should try this...
It would be even better in the dark, when you are not sure if someone can see you, or if they are really behind the paper. So this paper must have been quite thick if you could have just stood it up... that part wasn't quite clear. I'm having a war for my b-day, I gotta set some of this stuff up...

-Veg

#89106 School

Posted by TheVeg on 05 September 2006 - 03:38 PM in Off Topic

I survived my first day of high school!!! (today)

I go to Pioneer, the biggest high school in Michigan, and it is HUGE!!! It was a miracle I did not get lost, but my classes are sorta close together. I'm dissapointed that I can no longer dedicate 4+ hours a day to nerf.... :)

#88893 O-ring Problems

Posted by TheVeg on 03 September 2006 - 03:01 PM in Modifications

If you must use that o-ring, don't sand it down, sand down the o-ring holder. (don't know the exact name) I, however found a perfect size o-ring at ace, I believe it was size 13... I use the combination of the stock o-ring and the slightly bigger one.

Good luck,

Veg

#88595 Neat Dart Holder

Posted by TheVeg on 30 August 2006 - 02:56 PM in General Nerf

CAn anybody say SPEEDLOPADER :) This thing would be awesome for speedloaders.

Why would anyone want to say "speedlopader"? What does that even mean?

I belive nerfer34 ment speedloader, not speedlopader... notice the proximity of the p and the o key... ;)

The Speedloader is a many shot spring gun from lanard, and yes it would work wonderfully with Rokenbok. You could attach a riser on the two sides of the turret and clip a curved piece on in the middle, and It would curve around the turret. If I ever get my hands on a speedloader, I will try that.

Edit: Typing mistakes... Again! :)

-Veg

#88545 My Rf20 Needs Repairs...any Advice?

Posted by TheVeg on 29 August 2006 - 02:52 PM in Modifications

Yes, the o-ring is the problem. My friend gave me his rapid fire 20 to fix and I narrowed it down to the plunger. Lubricant may or may not help, you may need to go to a hardware store to get a new one. However, I fixed my friends by replacing the entire pump with one from a broken powerclip, and it works wonderfully now.

Good luck,

KLM, a.k.a. TheVeg