Formerly Sane's Content

There have been 187 items by Formerly Sane (Search limited from 06-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#29213 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by Formerly Sane on 22 June 2004 - 10:40 PM in General Nerf

3DBBQ, If you're saying that the hornet looks too small, then I kind of agree with you. If the cocking mechanism is like an sm250, then I'm doubting how large the plunger tube could be.

It seems that the top front of the hornet cocks foreward like the backwards cocking thing on the bf. If not, then we get to look foreward to a different internal design for a semiauto. As far as mods go, I see putting the internals of the titan on top of the hornet, then routing the hornet's pump to pump both guns. Thats right, hornet and titan. Not N6 and N1.

#29209 Hello!

Posted by Formerly Sane on 22 June 2004 - 09:57 PM in Off Topic

Hi, I do remember you but I'm not sure from where. I joined NO a few months before it shut down, so probably from there. Anyway, Welcome back!

#28821 Shotgun

Posted by Formerly Sane on 18 June 2004 - 03:11 PM in Homemades

Could you go into a little more detail about the distance each dart shoots? Such as, does one barrel shoot its darts alot further than the other one? Or do the last darts just kind of flop out, while the other ones go an acceptable range? If you have time, try putting more darts in one barrel than in the other and see if the one with more doesn't shoot out it's last shots.

#28775 Dennis Caulksav'r

Posted by Formerly Sane on 17 June 2004 - 10:39 PM in Homemades

So darts that fit sch 80 don't fit 9/16 brass?

#28685 Free Gmail Account

Posted by Formerly Sane on 16 June 2004 - 09:07 PM in Off Topic

I think I should get the gmail account because it's real easy. Other people thought of clever things to say and photoshoped images. I did nothing. They're smart so they can use complicated email providers, but I'm lazy and need an easy way to check my mail. So please cxwq, pimp my email service!

#28436 Dealing With The Police

Posted by Formerly Sane on 13 June 2004 - 09:52 PM in General Nerf

I believe someone brought up a topic about that article a few months ago.

Anyway, I don't really have problems with cops since I nerf on private land. I might try to go to a school or park one day, but until then I think I sit pretty nicely with the law. By the way, what college do you go to? If it's w&m as I think I've gathered from your posts, than I might be able to coax my older brother to going to one of your wars, as he'll be attending the school next year.

#28435 Automatic Brainstorming Thread

Posted by Formerly Sane on 13 June 2004 - 09:30 PM in Homemades

If you're going to be going on a spring powered design, it's not going to be automatic, and gatling guns are very primative automatics. I suggest you decide what you want to do. Do you want a semiautomatic or an automatic. Will you be using spring, compressed air, or co2? Get the basics down and give some vauge idea of what you want to create. Try not to let other people brainstorm and then steal their ideas. Thats dumb and you're dumb and I don't like you.

This seems like a fine time to throw out an idea I've been thinking about for a while. Why not have a spring gun with a breech that reloads the gun every time you pull the plunger back? A lever system would have to be fabricated, and when made correctly it would go between the plunger shaft and the breech on the front of the gun. When the plunger shaft is pulled back, the breech barrel thing goes foreward enough to let a dart fall from the magazine and then would snap back around the dart. If this was implimented in a BBB, it would enable it to fire with the ROf of a Ratchet blast.

I know this might not help you, but you're not making it very easy so anyone who wants this idea can take it and build it. It would be fun to make it first, but it would also be fun to have the time and money to make it.

#28333 Fav. Gun Attribute

Posted by Formerly Sane on 11 June 2004 - 09:38 PM in General Nerf

I ordered a sample of some petg from visipak, but it was the thin walled kind and I don't want to get the thick walled free sample because I feel like I'm taking advantage of them. Then again, I don't want to order a lot of petg from ironrhino for fear that it won't fit. If he could send me like a 1" sample that would be nice.

#28324 Fav. Gun Attribute

Posted by Formerly Sane on 11 June 2004 - 09:23 PM in General Nerf

My BF has Sch 80 pvc barrels and gets about 50-60 ft. I would probably get more if I used brass, but unfortunately I don't have very easy access to any in my area. My PC only shot about 30 or 40 feet before it broke.

#28323 For All You Late Night People

Posted by Formerly Sane on 11 June 2004 - 09:12 PM in Off Topic

I was a sleep over, so I was up from Saturday morning (11:00am) till Sunday night (11:00pm). I think thats 24 hours.

I think you need a little more sleep, some basic math skills, or both.

#28263 For All You Late Night People

Posted by Formerly Sane on 10 June 2004 - 09:32 PM in Off Topic

The latest I've slept in is like 1:00 pm. I love waking up and looking at the clock at 8:00, lying back down, then looking again after a seemingly few minutes and seeing 10:00. It feels so wierd.

Someday I have to get some friends together and hang out in a public place for days on end without sleeping. That would be cool. I'll have to do that after getting some friends together and becoming hobos for a week. That would also be cool. And driving a school bus full of children through the drive thru.

#28261 Fav. Gun Attribute

Posted by Formerly Sane on 10 June 2004 - 09:18 PM in General Nerf

In all of my guns I like to have an acceptable range and a high ROF, but I voted for ROF because I look for that first in a gun. I don't like PCs or RF20s because of the sacrifice of range for fire power. I perfer AT2ks, At3ks, blastfires, and any other mid range rotater gun like that or similar. Any chance I get I'll slap an sspb on a gun so most of my weapons have at least a second shot ready. I don't really depend on range that much, so any weapon that will fire 60 ft flat is okay with me, as I'll only be fighting at half that range.

I can't wait for that mad hornet type gun in the fall. Finally a BF remake!

#28068 At3k Vs At4k

Posted by Formerly Sane on 08 June 2004 - 08:32 PM in Modifications

I cut the barrels down to five inches, and stopped pumping more than once. (on the advice of a few nerf veterans)

You can achieve ranges like that with only one pump?

#27889 Jspb-swift4d

Posted by Formerly Sane on 06 June 2004 - 07:01 PM in Homemades

...pimp is GOOD

:blink:

#27381 Guitars

Posted by Formerly Sane on 31 May 2004 - 07:38 PM in Off Topic

My friends and I started a band a few weeks ago but we've just started writing songs. I might get some of our music on a site in while. And Evil, I'd definitely be interested in hearing some of your music.

#27375 Guitars

Posted by Formerly Sane on 31 May 2004 - 06:57 PM in Off Topic

I only started playing guitar about half a year ago so I still have the cheap one I got in the Behringer starter pack, but I might be getting another one soon. If I had enough money I would get the C-1 semi-hollow but I'll probably just buy an Ibanez GSA60. I still have to work up a few hundred before I can get one though.

Are you in a band or do you just play alone?

#27367 3dbbq Barrel Adaption

Posted by Formerly Sane on 31 May 2004 - 05:48 PM in Homemades

When you tip the gun forward, I'm not sure if the dart would go directly into the barrel every time. If you fix that, then it should work fine.

#27232 Spoon

Posted by Formerly Sane on 29 May 2004 - 05:10 PM in Off Topic

It's Spoon's (and loser's) birthday today. Figured that he deserves something...like...some shit. I'll mail him some shit. Would that be good? I'll even include some random crap, too.

I've got beach party's all weekend...I'll be thinking of you guys. And of all that shit I'm loosing.

I'm sure he'll enjoy it.

#27118 Arsenals

Posted by Formerly Sane on 27 May 2004 - 05:24 PM in General Nerf

This probably has been addressed before, but I couldn't find it in search. Anyway, what kinds of arsenals do you guys have? I would only get a few good guns and heavily modify them, but since I'm the only person in my area who nerfs who actually owns guns to nerf with, I have to get a decent amount. Here's my lineup:

BBB with Sch. 80 pvc breech, removable stock, and integrated sspb
Unmodded BBB soon to be equiped with a valve to direct air to 1 of 2 barrels
CPS 1000 internals with crayola and brass attached to the trigger and pump of sm1500
AT3000 currently alternating between different types of barrels
Blastfire with Sch. 80 pvc
Monoblast with crayola
SS1 with crayola

I used to have an NB-1, Powerclip, ratchetblast, and many more but my motto is "Mod it till it breaks"

#27117 Headphones: What You Use

Posted by Formerly Sane on 27 May 2004 - 05:05 PM in Off Topic

I just use the standard sony headphones. They're not really the best, but they last a few months for me. I saw some really big headphones in Radio Shack a few days ago for about $50. I tried them on and they were so light I could barely feel them. I just don't really want to spend too much on headphones though, because there are so many other things I need to save for.

#27006 Nerf Hurts

Posted by Formerly Sane on 25 May 2004 - 05:39 PM in General Nerf

at2k, 10 pumps, 2 inches from my arm

:cry: owie! :cry:

Shouldn't you only pump a 2k 4-5 times? I'd think the tank would explode after ten.

My older brother used to think of nerf as still just little play toys, so I was aiming my BBB at a target on my door and for some reason he stuck his hand in front of the barrel to stop the dart just as I pulled the trigger. At least now he doesn't underestimate the power of my "toys".

#26913 Acrylic Tubing

Posted by Formerly Sane on 24 May 2004 - 07:07 PM in Modifications

Has anyone ordered the acrylic tubing listed in an earlier topic? I got 12' of the stuff but to my dismay, it was way too tight to fit my foam. I could barely fit the dart in the barrel and no amount of air could push it out. I would put my darts in the dryer but I don't want them to not fit my sch. 80 pvc or crayola on all my other guns.

#26822 E3

Posted by Formerly Sane on 23 May 2004 - 07:19 PM in Off Topic

Obviously people are going to be pulled to the PSP because of the success of its company's consoles , but I agree that the DS probably has better features. If the second screen is properly utilized to its full potential, it can really add a whole new dimention to the games. Plus Nintendo has created 5 handheld games so far so they know what they're doing.

For me though, two things really convinced me to watch the DS closely. First, the backwards compatability. I don't really want to waste the 8 or 9 GBA games that I already have. Secondly, the price. If I buy a game system, it would be nice to have it play movies and music, but I don't want to pay an extra $200 for it.

Here is the section of the nintendo site with all the info for the DS.

I don't feel like looking up the PSP right now.

#26808 BBB Or Xbow?

Posted by Formerly Sane on 23 May 2004 - 05:16 PM in General Nerf

I have 2 BBBs, but they seem to misfire alot and only get satisfactory range (70'-80'). ROF isn't that good either. Probably mine are just modded wrong, but I prefer mid range guns with good ROF (ie. Blastfire, AT3k). So I voted that there are others that are better.

#26461 Nerf Grenades

Posted by Formerly Sane on 18 May 2004 - 04:03 PM in Homemades

That would work, but it involves getting hit with water, and that's not really nerf. This would be really complicated, but I guess a chemical reaction grenade could be built. I'd still stick to springs and rubber bands in film canisters, and try to maximize the power of those.

#26456 Airtech 3000

Posted by Formerly Sane on 18 May 2004 - 03:35 PM in Modifications

Are you talking about doing a at3k barrel mod or at3k liquitron guage drain mod thing? A barrel mod could be done with petg on an air tech 2000. You can also use any barrel material you really feel like using on that gun if you want. As for draining the liquitron guage, I don't really have any experience in this. I suppose you could but it'd be best to consult someone else before starting. Yeah, and good job at finally posting in the english language and separating your posts into sentences.

#26258 Stefans

Posted by Formerly Sane on 15 May 2004 - 03:20 PM in General Nerf

At first I got FBR from home depot, but its way better to order in bulk online. At the store its usually around $3 for 20 feet. On aloghomestore.com, where I ordered mine, it costs $3.50 for 50 ft. or $40.25 for 800 ft. I'd suggest getting it online.

#26247 Acrylic Barrel

Posted by Formerly Sane on 15 May 2004 - 02:55 PM in Modifications

I placed an order for 12' of tubing from the site. I was only going to buy 6' but the minimum shipping cost is $8.15 for UPS Ground, so if its good I don't want to have to place another order and waste another $8. Does this stuff weigh any more than petg?

*this post has been edited alot.

#25879 Aussie Nerf Media

Posted by Formerly Sane on 11 May 2004 - 06:16 PM in General Nerf

I hope finally someone will actually create a nerf movie. I've seen too many of them die in the idea stage.

#25876 New Valve, Easy Semi-auto Homemade?

Posted by Formerly Sane on 11 May 2004 - 06:08 PM in Homemades

I don't really get how your design works. Could you explain it a little more extensively? Anyway, here's my take on the "perfect" simple semi auto valve.
Posted Image

#25706 Google Search: Gravity Fed Nerf Clip

Posted by Formerly Sane on 08 May 2004 - 06:01 PM in Homemades

Don't bring back old topics.

And you probably don't want to know whats so funny.

#25635 Super Soaker Mod

Posted by Formerly Sane on 06 May 2004 - 05:04 PM in Modifications

First off, cut off the end of the nozzle and take out all the white pieces that restrict the air. Now, the reason I think this gun takes so long to pump up has to do with the pump itself. That's the only reason I can find, because I took it apart and hooked a sm1500 pump on it, and I get around 100 feet with 10 quick pumps. 5 pumps gets about 80.

#25627 Painting Blasters

Posted by Formerly Sane on 06 May 2004 - 04:34 PM in Modifications

Not really. The paint on the trigger is worn off, but the rest of the gun is fine. It changes the feel of it a little though. The texture is more of a paper texture than slick plastic, but I'm not bothered by it.

Posted Image

#25622 Stubby

Posted by Formerly Sane on 06 May 2004 - 03:42 PM in Modifications

1) Right click on the picture
2)click "properties"
3)copy the url
4)paste it in the adress bar or whatever its called

I think I see what happened. Vortex, have you ever seen a sawed down NF? If not, then you have done what I often do. I actually think up the mod myself, but its already been done by others. My BBB has a crayola barrel in the orange part, a removable stock, and a 3/4" piece of pvc, all of which has been done before. I didn't know.

#25620 Painting Blasters

Posted by Formerly Sane on 06 May 2004 - 03:34 PM in Modifications

I just use spraypaint and it works fine for me.

#25568 Posting Pictures

Posted by Formerly Sane on 05 May 2004 - 04:04 PM in Off Topic

Lets see if this works...
Posted Image
Hooray for me! Thanks everyone. I guess image station doesn't allow hotlinking or something. Who knows.

#25542 Posting Pictures

Posted by Formerly Sane on 04 May 2004 - 08:39 PM in Off Topic

I know I've been a member too long to be asking this question, but I searched the forum for it and I'm really tired of posting links instead of pics. I go to the site. I right click on the picture and click "properties". I copy the URL. I paste it inbetween IMG tags. Can someone please not flame me and tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

#25535 Homemade Ball Valve Air Gun By Zero

Posted by Formerly Sane on 04 May 2004 - 07:16 PM in Homemades

I'm really sorry you don't like nerf. Thats too bad.

Did you see on the page of the ball valve gun how it had a picture of a modified homemade? The gun has two ball valves on it. When the first one with the vertical handle is opened, air flows between the two valves. The first valve closes, then the second one near the barrel opens. The air in between the two valves is fired, but not all of it in the main tank. I haven't built one of these yet so I don't know how many shots you can get, but I imagine a good 5 or 6 before the range starts to decrease.

As for the ranges of this kind of gun, they vary between probably 60 and 110 feet, depending how you make it. If you want to build one that fires all its air at once, you could probably get 150-200 ft.

For psi, I think you can safely get it to around 100 for pvc. Any more and it might crack or even just explode from the pressure. Also, I wouldn't suggest shooting firecrackers. You could and people here have done it, but if it got caught in the barrel, you no longer have a gun. Might lose a few fingers too. Otherwise, you should build one of these. It's only about $10.

#25388 East Coast War

Posted by Formerly Sane on 02 May 2004 - 05:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Is this the place you're having it? I'd love to come but can't make it. Have fun without me!

#25386 Lefty? Righty? Switch?

Posted by Formerly Sane on 02 May 2004 - 04:59 PM in General Nerf

I might want to try nerfing lefty. I think I'd be able to pump alot faster with my right hand. I've had practice. :blink: