Who - this is an open war, every nerfer is invited.
What - East Coast Nerf Outing (ECNO)
When - June 12, 2004. Be there at 10. We have to get waivers signed and teams made, and we start at 11. When I say we start at 11, I mean just that. If you show up at 11:03 and we're making teams, we do not stop to have you sign a waiver. We'll get it around to it whenever we have time.
Where - Paintball Action Games, Newark, Delaware. Cost is 12.75 per person.
http://www.paintball...directions.html those are the feilds directions.
For the LCM, I know my way fairly well from your place to here, so if you need the quick directions, just IM me and I'll tell you how to get here.
Rules as of now:
These will be added as I think of them, but these are extremely important.
1. Because of the feilds insurance policy, eyewear will be mandatory. That includes sunglasses, safety glasses or otherwise. We have to wear them, if your not, or you forget them, your not going to be aloud to play. There are drug stores and whatnot all around, so you can just go out and buy some.
2. A guns acceptance will be based on two things, performance and use. Performance basically means if your shattering sunglasses, it's not safe. If your gun breaks skin, it's not safe, and if it's not safe, it will be banned. Use is more personal. If your hiding behind a barracade "losing" and taking pot shots, and you're just blatantly using your guns superior range to your advantage and just basically being lame, we're going to ban your far shooting gun. Now, don't take this last part too seriously, just play fair and don't be a dick. We'll throw you out if your being a dick anyway.
3. This is more of a note on the last point. AT2k's are officially banned from pistol rounds. Size does not make the gun a pistol. The idea of a pistol round is to be able to get in each others faces, and almost be able to whack the person your shooting at. So if you have a brassed ss2 thats getting 100 feet, we're not going to classify it as a pistol. I wouldn't worry about this, we'll have lots of tech targets that will shoot the way we're intending. Just try to bring your own crap.
4. Darts will not be provided to anyone. Someone mentioned using a Vortex. While your welcomed to use it, don't expect your ammo to last more then one or two rounds unless you've made homemade ammo. Either way, I'm not handing out any darts and I don't expect anyone else to.
5. Guns. Although we may have a problem or two with peoples guns and there will be more nerf guns at this thing then even Hasbro has seen, bring your own guns. I'm sure there will be those willing to loan out, but if you show up without any gun at all, it's just lame. Now if your new to the sport, don't bust your nuts on Ebay trying to get hold of a crossbow, just bring what you have.
6. Food. I will have a few menu's at the feild for anyone who wants to order out. I'll get what everyone will want at the very begining of the war, and we'll call out. Our lunch break will be a half hour or so, but we're not going to waste a bunch of time. I'll make the call around lunch time and we'll have them deliever. If you are a picky eater, I suggest your bring your lunch.
7. Don't be Lame.
Deathmatches and pistol rounds will be 3 : 15 west coast style. When your hit, you will move away from battle and make sure no one is in your firing range, count outloud with your gun in the air to 15 and yell in a loud voice "clear". When I say count to 15, I mean it, you have to count to 15. If you yell clear after 3 seconds and shoot someone, you have now broken two rules. You cleared before 15 seconds and while you were in range to shoot someone (HERSH!). Cheating will not be tolerated.
Standard Deathmatches will be open, so any gun can be used as long as we didn't ban it.
Pistol Rounds will be the same as Deathmatches, only guns deemed as pistols will be aloud. A pistol is anything of a relatively small size (at least smaller then a maxshot) and doesn't fire like a rifle. Again, don't get all upset about this, we'll figure something out.
Stadium Deathmatches: We did this at the last horsemen war, and depending on how many we get we may do this. Basically, we'll split up into 3 or 4 teams. Standard 3:15 west coast. The catch is, only three people from your team may be in the "stadium" at once, and may only take with him 4 extra darts. Darts can be picked up. Once you decide for any reason to leave the "stadium" you must go tap another player on the sidelines into play. They have a 20 second Mario flash, where they can't be hit. If someone on your team dies in the "stadium" they are considered dead, and therefore can't tag someone in, your now down to only two players in the "stadium" at once. This is by far my favorite varient of the deathmatch, and I really want to try it out in a large group. Probably only be one or two rounds of this.
Primarily in the day we will be having death matches. We may go over for a round or two to the woodball feilds for some variety, but we'll mainly be on the open feild. We'll do one or two pistol rounds, maybe a gunslingers heaven, but I doubt it.
Other rules may come, check this post every now and again.
Rule update #1 - no glass of any kind will be aloud on the field. Thank god gatorade comes in plastic unlike the 80's.
Edited by Talio, 31 May 2004 - 02:07 PM.