diamondbacknf1626's Content

There have been 433 items by diamondbacknf1626 (Search limited from 06-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#263802 Winter Bcno

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 30 January 2010 - 12:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Enjoy guys, sorry I can't be there.

#262182 Winter Bcno

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 17 January 2010 - 06:12 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm gonna need darts for this one guys...everyone make me some darts that fit CPVC...soz I can rapez your faces.

#260720 Winter Bcno

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 04 January 2010 - 10:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Would you guys have any problem with me bringing my Doomsayer which I plan to tone down to about 70' ranges?

I personally have no problem with Doomsayers shooting 100'. From my experience, Silencer doesn't really ban guns unless they're unsafe. Doomsayers =/= unsafe.

#259272 March Meltdown 2010

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 17 December 2009 - 08:19 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there if the parents are willing to make the drive. Just made a couple mega shooting speedloaders for some of my guns...ready and rarin to go.

#258518 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 09 December 2009 - 06:34 PM in Homemades

My new SNAP has met a little custom touch from Diamondback.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The beauty you see above was made by Rork. Lemme just say, he's the man. My old SNAP was showing its age a little bit, and while it will always hold a special place in my arsenal, it needed an upgrade. Boy did it get an upgrade. New version is more comfy, far more powerful (I'm breaking 110' consistently with a 16" CPVC speedloader and 3/0 darts), infinitely more badass, and just overall, a huge improvement. Integration can be primed while holding the main gun handle (No need to hold down trigger like you usually do with SNAPs and had to with my old one), and it's hitting around 80' with a 6" speedloader. Handles are absolutely solid and made out of wood, then the backs were lined with foam. and wrapped around with e-tape. As you can see, Diamonds line the spine of the gun, just made by cutting black e-tape. Came out really nice, if I do say so myself...can't wait to use this at some upcoming winter wars. Watch out BCNO crew...

Props again to rork, thanks a lot man.

#258454 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 08 December 2009 - 09:31 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

'tis a green, decrapified Mega Missile. Decrapified by rork, turreted by me.

Posted Image

Takes 1 pump, hits 90-100 ft. The firefly turret works on any pvc couplered blaster, by the way. It's 12" of PETG per barrel with 2 1/2" (if I recall correctly) of 17/32" nested in the PETG. I luz it.

#258091 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 05 December 2009 - 06:58 PM in Modifications

Woot, now it's not a double post. Looks good, btw, but you already knew that.

Posted Image
My rearloading 3k. Now made to accept my Firefly stock. I also re-did the seal, and it fires a lot harder now. I'm guessing around 140 with good darts. It was tagging 130 before.

Posted Image
I use the stock upside down on this one...just more comfy for some reason.

Posted Image
New rearloading slot thing...much better lined up than my original one. Works a lot better.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Hopper Clipped 2k. The clip is fixed (not removable), and holds 5 darts. Hornet pump. Only a little external tubing...looks a lot cleaner without the wireloom, but I put it there to protect it. Goo guage is drained but not removed. Shoots pretty hard. I like it.

Posted Image
End cap with little flap made out of e-tape so it doesn't fall. Also, the etape keeps it from slipping all the way on, so it's still easy to just pop off with my thumb.

That's it for now, I think...

#258061 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 05 December 2009 - 09:53 AM in Modifications

^Looks awesome. I'm liking the shotgun attachments. I'm assuming those would be helpful during DTC rounds^

Anyway...my take:

The Totally Awesomesauce Unnamed BBBB

Posted Image

Got the idea from zorn's BBBB above awhile back, and decided to make my own. Hole in the front was almost perfect...missed by a little bit:
Posted Image

The pump I used is a bike pump and a little smaller than Zorn's, I believe. This one's dual action though, so it makes up for what it lacks in volume. I use 7-8 pumps. I've pumped it up to 12 before, and probably could pump it up more than that, but I really just don't...7-8 shoots pleanty far. Speedloader's new, suggested by Zorn. I usually use 4" of 17/32" in 12" of PETG, but I tried this out, and it hits better at 7 pumps than the other at 9.

Posted Image
Posted Image
In both locations, tubing had to be twisted in, so it was first superglued in place, then covered with a layer of goop, then 48 hrs. later followed by epoxy putty. Tubing's joined outside with the barbed adaptor. No glue or anything. Holds up just fine. mine's just external simply because it makes my life loads easier, and if I ever want to remove the tank, I can muscle the barb out of the tubing. If it were a continuous length, it'd be stuck because the pump is fixed.

Posted Image
Detatchable, adjustable Firefly stock. This portion makes this blaster one of the most comfortable I own. There's a coupler secured to both the gun and the stock, so I can use different lengths of PVC to suit different blasters. This is all I really have though so far that I use it on, but I'll definitely be making some more blasters to accept it.

Again, credit to Zorn for the original idea, and a great one, too.

EDIT- Yeah, those are my basement stairs, I know they're kinda dirty.

#257966 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 04 December 2009 - 12:15 AM in Homemades

For posterity...
Posted Image
Posted Image
The SNAP that kicked it all off...never to be forgotten, never to be sold...will still come with me to every war. Sadly, every gun shows its age eventually...and my baby has begun to. Rork, looks amazing man. Can't wait to adorn it with a "Hello my name is Diamondback" sticker, my stock, some orange e-tape, and take it to war.

Oh, and I know I posted this earlier in the thread...but it was fitting with the last post...

#257931 Nerf Irc Room

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 03 December 2009 - 08:41 PM in Off Topic

If you get devoiced by an OP, the wise thing to do is quietly review the last several things you've posted. If you don't recognize the problem, then the right next action might be a polite PM to an active admin, preferably the one who devoiced you, saying something like "I'm sorry, I can't see what I did that you objected to, please help me learn how to do better."

I did review my previous posts. None were at all offensive...I mean, the last thing I did was call ice my slave (in a totally non-sexual way) ...which could be offensive...but at the same time I don't quite think it warrants a devoice. Either way, I assumed it was all in fun, seeing as I really didn't say anything that should earn me a devoicing, which was the only reason I changed my nick in that manner.

#257926 Nerf Irc Room

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 03 December 2009 - 08:14 PM in Off Topic

Had my voice taken and then after re-logging in was kicked from nerfchat...just curious why...I was obviously unable to ask due to the lack of voice and all...If someone cares to give me a reason, that'd be great.

#257826 Battle For New York 4

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 02 December 2009 - 03:50 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm up for it. Depends on my parents. Mark me down as a maybe.

#257574 Winter Bcno

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 29 November 2009 - 08:51 PM in Nerf Wars

This is in New Jersey, for those who didn't pick up on it. And as you know, my bro and I are game if we can make it.

#257458 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 28 November 2009 - 04:45 PM in Modifications

Vulcan...nothing special. Improved seal, removed internal ars and belt ars. Made it R.C. car battery accessable. Shoots loads faster and a little farther. Super fun to use:
Posted Image
Many more guns later...

#257456 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 28 November 2009 - 04:42 PM in Homemades

^Great stuff man, now take a pic of mine and put it up^
Posted Image
^Also great stuff^. Finished this up like last week sometime at a mod party...'tis beautiful...shoots real well too. Clip holds five darts. It's hitting around 100. Caping foam on the front and back of the grip. It's now loads more comfortable.

#256831 Dart Weight Regulations/range Testing

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 19 November 2009 - 08:49 PM in Darts and Barrels

Where are 3/0 fishing weights in all of this? They're a commonly used weight being overlooked in your tests.

If I am correct, they're similar to 1/4" slingshot amo in weight.

Great work Ryan, again. However, and this may just be the fact that I just recieved 500 3/0 Fishing weight darts with hotglue tips speaking, but for those like me, who have a large amount of darts prepared for use, may have issues with aquiring materials to make and then making new ones. Now I know your goal is to not make this universal, but maybe it can be taken from the standpoint of guns that are more powerful like your 3k, +bow, and my 3k (and possibly all the guns of you guys in the mid-west) using Slug darts, while others could use Fishing weights (my SNAP, as an example).

Now again, this is great data to see written up, but because of my personal circumstances, I'm not really liking where this is going. However, again, I do realize that it's probably just under these circumstances that I have a problem with it all. Otherwise, it's a great idea, much, much better than gun restrictions based upon range.

#256526 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 16 November 2009 - 10:18 PM in Modifications

Mah Berzerker...did lots to it, including unique and easy way to coupler it with a pvc coupler...PM me for questions. I may edit it here eventually...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ranges are 100+ on the main gun and 35-45 with the turret. Diamondback iz very happy...

Oh, and colored e-tape=win, just saying.

#256469 Recapping Chicago Beatdown 4

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 16 November 2009 - 03:18 PM in Nerf Wars

But where the hell is your ST9k?

Yeah merz, where the hell is your ST9k? I want to see that beauty on the field.

#256207 Official "show-off Your Crossbow" Thread

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 13 November 2009 - 06:21 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image

Name: Diamondbow, maybe...?
Mods Done: Level 4, I guess. The internals are entire replaced, including the trigger and catch plate. Therefore, not necessarily re-enforced, but nothing in there's gonna break. The only thing that might've ever broken would be the spring rests, which have been re-enforced with bolts running behind them. Plunger draw longer than usual and uses a [k26] (+bow) spring. (homemade internals made by Draconis. Definitely get some. Awesome stuff.)
Integrations: PVC coupler'd SS2
Comments: My first xbow worthy of being posted up here. A great combo, these two combined make this easily one of if not the most comfortable blaster I've held. Can't wait to use it at a war. They're combined via epoxy putty and then one zip tie added for extra support (although it's most likely entirely unnecessary). Ranges are good out of both guns. Nothing exact yet. The main gun should definitely get above 100, the ss2 shooting around 80' with the barrel I currently have on it. The clashing of colors makes it all the more awesome in my mind. Get ready to see it out on the field...

#256206 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 13 November 2009 - 06:07 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Two of my Gunslinger pistols...both have draw extentions. Disk shot has a cut down [k26], NF has one of those rediculous homedepot springs that BadWrench used in his LS. The spring could not possibly compress more than it does when the NF is primed, maximizing the power. Longest draw extention I've ever done.

No ranges yet. Disk shot gets roughly 90, NF should get more than that.

Posted Image
Just a little tip for draw extended NFs. Cut off the top of the priming handle and along the raised parts in the back of the shell behind the catch. This allows you to move the plunger tube farther forward, therefore increasing volume.

Posted Image
Mi quadshot. I'd call it a man cannon, but eh...

I left the original front part of the turret for barrel support. There's a little PVC spacer between the barrels within the e-tape. Supports them well, but I'll be getting a polycarb spacer on it asap.

Another little tip for this one:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Not deserving of a full writeup, but gluing a little piece of plastic behind where the bottom edge of the turret sits helps to ensure that the turret doesn't wobble up and down. This works well, in my opinion, as opposed to an unnatractive external support...*ehem* ice *ehem*...

Rearloading. Ranges are beyond 100ft. flat. It's freezing though, so my darts are a little too loose.

Posted Image
The above rearloading 3k was a little leaky. All better now. Still no goop...I hate using it unless I can avoid it. Ranges are just as rediculous...I did some cosmetic stuff to it with my new e-tape...very fun. I also put the original pump handle back on. It doesn't do anything functionally anymore. I just personally think it looks better.

And finally...

Posted Image
D
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
M
S
A
Y
E
R
!
!
!
!
!
Posted Image
...nope...
Meet the PMS-800. It didn't get to tear up the field at DCNO, unfortunately. Prepare to see it rocking some socks at a war near you. It has a brother, by the way...WAFFLE, get some pics up.

Posted Image
Pictured with the alternate turret in front of a fancy schmancy underused dart board.

That's all for now...

#255339 Lb Pump Relocation

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 04 November 2009 - 09:50 PM in Modifications

I'm speechless, and not in a good way.

edit:

I'm gonna be straight up. You took a perfectly fine blaster, and relocated the pump very insecurely, and obscurely, making the blaster extremely likely to break and from the looks of this, extremely uncomfortable.

I agree with Soothsayer, I think the LB is a very comfy and non akward gun to pump. You changed all that. And having a T coupler as a handle doesn't seem comfertable. But it is your mod and you did a good job making how you want it.

I've held the blaster. I also have bigger hands than WML does, and still find the handle perfectly fine. The pump is all about personal preference. It is also pleanty sturdy. Just sayin'...

Carry on.

#255141 Fall Dcno

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 01 November 2009 - 09:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Looks like my bro and I will be in attendance, except in the case of some unforeseen issue, of course. I think I can safely say us +1.

#254838 Airtech 3000 Overhaul

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 28 October 2009 - 09:34 PM in Modifications

I'm having a little trouble with the seal. The washers (which are 1/8 in thickness) are not making a good seal with the tank. Any suggestions on how to fix it? I could not find any washers with a different thickness.

I suggest using foam for the seal. I had the same problem.

17/32" brass FTW...

I really need to get around to explaining my method...

#254602 When Do Nerf Blasters Become Too Powerful?

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 26 October 2009 - 03:01 PM in Homemades

...it's half the field that completely dominates the other half.

The solution to that right there is to balance teams, which, again, as many have touched on, is up to the host of the war. This matter is so, so diverse to even spark efficient discussion, other than to bring to everyones attention that this is a game. A game with no single ruleset, but many that are changed and created by war hosts. I 100% have to agree with vacc in that it's up to the host of the war, and nobody should criticize the way other people play their games at other wars.

Now, that being said, would I attend a war where I'll only be able to use a ball blaster or a blaster created to some other restricted standards, no. Especially if the war is a distance away. Now maybe one might say I'm not seeing the fun of running around with toy guns...well, sorry to you guys...I enjoy it my way, and as does everyone else (which is the point I'm trying to get across.) One important aspect of this hobby for me is that there's not a universal ruleset, nothing that everyone has to follow. It's open for interpretation however you want to do it.

And I get what you're saying, Zorn, about your playing field being entirely unbalanced but again, like I said before, that's where the orginizer steps in and rearranges the teams to make them more fair.

#254571 When Do Nerf Blasters Become Too Powerful?

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 25 October 2009 - 11:25 PM in Homemades

I'm seriously beginning to think that Ryan did this just to start a mosh of opinionated arguments. I have to say though, out of anyone, I agree with rork's ideas the most. My only disagreement is in the realm of dart limitations. Maybe this is because I just acquired/made over 500 non-slug-style stefans...but either way. The point still stands...those who have the supplies to make or already have non-slug-style darts would be hindered by that constraint.

Either way, it is pointless to fight progress. Each situation should be take case by case, war by war, host by host. The bottom line is, we're not playing a legitament, legalized sport here. We don't need a national ruleset. We're friends running around shooting modified toy guns at people. The minute we start to make loads of rules and conditions other than for safety reasons is the minute we start to take away the fun of it all, in my eyes.

#254566 When Do Nerf Blasters Become Too Powerful?

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 25 October 2009 - 10:41 PM in Homemades

I mean, yeah, rebarreling all your guns would suck, and it would eliminate alot of turrets,

That right there, along with the added fact that lots of people already have stocks of micros and or rolls of micro-sized foam turns myself and probably a lot of other people off to that idea. Otherwise, sure, it'd be cool, but practically, it's just really not ideal...

#254549 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 25 October 2009 - 07:34 PM in Modifications

Got some more modding done this weekend. First up, a comission...my last, actually. For now, anyway. Unless it's for a friend, school just makes me a tad too busy to get comission work done.

Anyway, rearloading 1500:
Posted Image
Pretty good ranges. To be safe, I could say 100', but a lot hit around 110'. That is flat, by the way.

And now, a little creation for myself...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Yep, that is a rearloading 3k... :unsure: . Kudos to Ryan McNumbers for the idea. My design is a little different, and I may post what I did in his thread at some point if I have the time. Ranges are awesome, absolutely lives up to what numbers claimed. Over 110' every time. Like I've told a couple people though, my yard drops off at around 110' into a slight hill, so after that, it's impossible to get exact range measurements. I can say though that based on my judgement, which is generally pretty good, all the darts are landing at 120+' flat. I need to make some darts for it though...considering that somewhere around half of the ones I was shooting exploded. The gun's just a little too powerful for crappy darts. Those that did fire without exploding though hit the ranges above. I'll have a vid at some point...again, whenever I have the time. I have the raw footage of range testing...just need to make the video and all, yada yada. Feel free to PM me with any questions about the design, by the way.

EDIT- And YES, I am aware that the rearloading opening is not all that clean. It will be cleaned up shortly. I just wanted to get it so it was all fully functional first, then worry about things like that.

#254541 When Do Nerf Blasters Become Too Powerful?

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 25 October 2009 - 05:15 PM in Homemades

Which I think is a pretty gay way to nerf, but not really ban-worthy, unless it becomes an issue of a fun-retardant gun.

This hobby is about skill, and the way skill is developed is through a neverending contest of technological and tactical oneupmanship. I don't want a gun as good as the other guy's; I want to have a better gun, just like I want to be a better shot, and a better dodger. We don't make the fast guys run around wearing a backpack full of rocks, even though sheer speed can win a round far more decisively than any weapon.

(I've collected and seen more welts dealt out from NFs and 2Ks than 4bs),

I like to be challenged, and frankly, any nerfer worth his salt who is confronted by superior weaponry should react with excitement.

I get my share of kills, but I honestly feel that it is my tactics and accuracy, far more than my gun.

Short of an HPA powered 100+ semiauto, I can't honesty say that there's anything that I wouldn't go up against for any reason other than liking my hide.

Just signalled out a few points that explain my thoughts exactly.

Another thing...I personally am strongly against dart restrictions. That is, of course, unless it weighs more than the standard 1/4" slingshot weight or 3/0. That causes hassle for anyone who...say...just bought a load of slingshot weights... :unsure: . In all seriousness though, at that point, it just creates difficulty for at least some percentage of those out there. Personally, I feel that if we stick by what I quoted above, this won't really be an issue.

#254508 When Do Nerf Blasters Become Too Powerful?

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 25 October 2009 - 01:21 PM in Homemades

If we don't want to go about limiting effective dart range, then we should probably limit any 100'+ gun to 4 shots before reloading.

The problem with that is that it gets into what I was saying before, regarding getting too specific about gun bans other than for safety reasons. I completely understand what you're getting at with the hopper clip (I'm gonna have to get one of those...sounds insane), and with things like that, sure, they may have to just be outright banned. But guns like ryan's 3k, RFDGs, and the like, those should be done case by case after the person has actually used it for a round or two. It shouldn't get to the point of "Oh damn, that thing has 8 barrels? How far does it shoot? 100+'? Banned." There should be some sort of trial time, where the attendies and host of the war can feel it out, and see whether or not they're cool with the person using it all day.

With the hopper clip though, apparently it's just too good, and doesn't exactly appear to take skill to make, so maybe that deserves a ban.

#254506 When Do Nerf Blasters Become Too Powerful?

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 25 October 2009 - 12:42 PM in Homemades

Honestly, this can be debated on and on for hours upon hours...In the end though, it should really be left up to the war orginizer. Depending on the situation, +bows shooting 140' could be absolutely acceptable. This can be based on a number of factors; how leaniant the host of the war is, how many similar blasters there are in play, and even based upon who is attending the war and what the general concensus is. If the majority of people at the war deam the blaster too powerful, then maybe it should be put away for the day, and another should be used. Regardless, a backup blaster should always be brought along with average range/rof that has been deamed acceptable. If someone doesn't have access to more than one primary, then it should be up to the war orginizer to provide for anyone whose blaster they deam too powerful.

Personally though, I feel that if you can build it, you should use it, unless it gets to the point where it becomes unsafe. Then though, as the day progresses, and people begin to complain that you're dominating the field of play a little too much, it's time to pick up a new blaster.

It's really a matter dependent on a lot of things, which makes it hard to take a solid stance on...but the above is a pretty good summation of my feelings on the topic.

EDIT- Didn't read your post entirely. No, I haven't attended all that many wars, but those I've been to have been enough to have a stance on the topic.

Just want to add one more thing. One blaster commonly known to mess up the balance of the playing field is the RFDG ("Doomsayer"), which as we all know has been subject to a blanket ban by the mag 7. After seeing one in play at apoc, I really think that the same procedure I detailed above should be taken. Rather than an outright ban on this and other specific blaster designs, anything deamed safe should be allowed at the beginning of the day, and as the day progresses, should be weeded out based upon what seems to be dominating. If this procedure were taken, I honestly don't think that doomsayers would have been kicked out at apoc.

EDIT 2- Just another example. Your hopper clip w/ +bow could be used by anyone else and not be nearly as effective as it was in your hands. Now, if it had been blanket banned, or the darts had been restricted, we wouldn't know that. However, if the individual using it got a chance to at the beginning of the day, it would be understood that it wasn't /too/ good.

#253962 Airtech 3000 Overhaul

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 19 October 2009 - 05:41 PM in Modifications

But right now, this is my new project. The "2k of doom".

Pics...

Still got work to do, but it's coming along quite nice.

Damn Ryan. Stop, stop now...I need to finish mine first...

What is it taht you used though to fill in around the base of the petg?

Also, is that a rubber washer you used there? That was what I was planning to do to mine, suggested to me by a friend. Did you just like, sand the entire back part flat before aplication of the washer? (minus the gears of course).

#253892 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 18 October 2009 - 10:47 PM in Homemades

My Baby...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Details in an earlier post...only now, she's back up to speed and flinging foam like crazy. Replaced the rubber washer, re-teflon taped the bushing, and re-did the bushing setups with CPVC reducers, to use 1/2" cpvc. In order to do this, you just take some PVC, wrap it in etape until snug in the 3/4" to 1/2" CPVC reducer, zap a gap it in, and then cut the pvc leaving 3/4" exposed. Tap it into the coupler with a mallet, and you're good to go. Proved itself very well here. Oh, and by the way, that name tag's from apoc...decided to leave it on there..."Hello my name is Diamondback"...

#253891 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 18 October 2009 - 10:37 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image
Bwahahahaha...such a fun gun to use. Really fast, and has the beastly LB as a backup. BBB has [k25] spring, seal improval (I can stop the plunger head with my finger over the coupler), full re-enforcement, 10" speedloader, and is hitting 100'+ flat. LB has 3" CPVC barrels with a little spacer in the middle, and is hitting from 55-70' at 15 pumps.

Best part about this BBB is that the LB's glued on half by half, so the front part of the BBB's still entirely removable, and thus can be swapped out with other front halves with different integrations. My turreted disk shot, for example...
Posted Image

Posted Image
Awesome TTG. I minimized it a lot, but decided it was too squared off, so added a piece from the original front BBB handle to smooth it out a little. CPVC internal coupler, front piece left as a guide, seal improval, catch spring replacement, plunger cushion, industrial spring added.
Thing has a load of recoil if you're not used to it, but firing it flat as possible, it hits around 80'.

Posted Image
Stormfire. Minimized, sprign replacement, etc. etc. All the stuff done to the above pistols. Haven't range tested. It's powerful enough.

Posted Image
Beast 2k. 12" petg barrels, airflow mod, pump plug, trigger spring glued, breaks 100' flat, and I can blow darts down the barrel. PM me if you'd like to buy it, by the way. I'm making another, more awesome one, so this one's up for grabs.

Posted Image
Raider. Not much to show...looks stock on the outside. Has a spring in the stock, RFDG spring replacement, ars removed, and holes plugged. Averages around 55 with modded streamlines with stock on, 45 with it off. Great gun for zombies.

There's also the fact that I have no pics of Alex's guns at the moment...I'm sure he'll post them up at some point. Feel free to PM me about any of them, by the way...

More to come later...but that's all for now.

#253890 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 18 October 2009 - 10:35 PM in Modifications

Results of the two mini mod parties the past couple weekends. We didn't exactly get all that much done the first day, so I didn't post. Today we got to work...

Posted Image
Lanard Handcannons = AWESOME. Tons of mods done. Seal improval, re-enforcement, draw extention (reaches 9th notch), trigger safety removed, CPVC coupler, shell minimized for reasons you will see shortly, turret made for the blaster with a mav turret piece, and spaced with something special...:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Shell cut to allow me to more easily rear load the turret:
Posted Image
Zip ties in place of lost screw posts due to both the minimization to the front and to the draw extension.

Ranges are great. In rather cold weather, it's breaking 120, and the ROF's great due to the turret.

Posted Image
Holstered sidearm on the left, gunslinger pistol on the right. The one on the right has draw extension and [k26] spring, improved seal, cpvc couplered, yada yada...on the left is just a 49 spring added, cpvc coupler, and all the other stuff, like seal improval, plunger cushion, the basics.

Posted Image
Beast PAS. Lots-o-springs added. Fully re-enforced, seal is incredible, plunger head cushion, pvc couplered with almost no deadspace. Will get internal pics when I get a chance. Foam stuffed into the shell everywhere for sound dampening. 14" CPVC speedloader. Also made a polycarb spacer to keep the coupler steady and centered:
Posted Image
You can actually see the green from the airzone arrow plunger cushion...ha.
No range tests yet, but I can say that it's scarily powerful shooting it across my garage.

Posted Image
Most powerful unplugged BBBB I've ever seen...not a clue why, it's just awesome. Simple mods...PVC coupler, trigger re-enforcement, and another spacer for the front:
Posted Image
I use a 12" PETG speedloader with like, 4" of 17/32" nested in the back. Breaks 130 easy...haven't really measured.

Damn picture posting limit...

#250338 Fall Dcno

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 13 September 2009 - 06:49 PM in Nerf Wars

If I can go at all, it will be to one of the november dates. I will have to wait until it gets a little closer though, to know for sure.

#248828 Bcno V

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 27 August 2009 - 08:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Well it looks like we can just get 6 people if Skitzo makes it. What do you guys want to do?

It's also looking like lots of rain saturday. Taking both those chances really doesn't seem worth it...for me anyway. Hour drive for nothing...I think my bro and I are out if things don't shape up.

#247932 Bcno V

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 20 August 2009 - 11:11 PM in Nerf Wars

You know I'll be there if I can be.

Ha, and apparently you know my bro will be too.

#247618 Gnomefest 09

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 19 August 2009 - 12:05 PM in Nerf Wars

Won't be able to make it to this one.

I'll let you know if plans change, but it's a pretty definite no.

Have a great war.

Seconded. Sorry guys, just didn't work out for this one.

#246687 Berserker Internals

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 12 August 2009 - 09:31 AM in General Nerf

Well I was debating about starting a new topic about a problem but decided against it so I'll just post here since everyone seems to know what they are talking about. My problem is that " Slam Fire" has stopped working. Once I removed tge berserker from the box it had worked fine but then it got messed up and now it skips in some sort of way. Can somebody tell me what may be wrong with my blaster?

Read the post above you. Slam fire was not intentional. It just happens to happen in some blasters. Yours, it was working in, because the parts were coincedentally interacting correctly, but now they're not. Not necessarily a problem, it's just not happening like some others.

#246547 Berserker Internals

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 11 August 2009 - 10:29 AM in General Nerf

No slam fire, though I suspect it could be modded to

I believe you were mistaken about that. Mine does slam-fire right out of the box. It doen't do it very well, but the parts are moving in the right places at about the right times. Maybe not exactly the right times, but if I push forward very quickly, the dart usually at least leaves the barrel.

The rod on the priming assembly, extending back into the bottom of the catch mechanism, probably exists just to make slam-fire possible. If yours won't, perhaps that part got misaligned?

That's not actually slam fire. That's the same as de-priming the gun really quickly on a PAS (for instance). Sure, the dart may leave the barrel, but it's not slam fire, where the catch releases once the grip is forward. It's not just mine either - zachattack's doesn't do that. The way you're doing it only allows the plunger to move as fast as your hand or as fast as the spring can push it - whichever is slower. Slam fire is always as fast as the spring can push it.

I am going to have to disagree here. While I don't have the blaster open to personally view the internals, my brother's can use slam fire. I tested it earlier, and regardless of the speed with which the slide is pushed forward, even if I push it almost to the end, let it go at a complete stop, and then push it forward the last bit, the dart still does fire, therefore with the force of the spring, not that of your hand moving forward. There is also a present sound difference between if one were to de-prime say a PAS as compared to the slam fire of the berzerker. The berzerker makes a popping noise of the plunger shooting forwards once the handle reaches the forward position, and therefore, the catch is being disengaged at the end of the priming stroke.