Berserker Internals

49 replies to this topic

#1 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:29 AM

Much thanks to Zachattack who found the gun at his Target and brought me one at Apoc yesterday. Internal pictures were taken at the war.
It is in fact a Big Blast with a normal plunger (as opposed to reverse plunger) springer integrated, with its own auto-rotate 20 shot turret.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Some passing notes (I'll be in and out to answer questions about it):
The springer-
Stock seal is bad, plunger head uses an o-ring
Stock spring is beast for its size
Shoots ~20 feet flat stock with turret
"Priming rod" seems very sturdy, and is connected to the priming handle via a metal shaft
No slam fire, though I suspect it could be modded to
The seal to the turret seems to be pretty good, with very limited air flow
That seal is accomplished by a small rubber washer.

The Big blast-
The valve section seems smaller. I will measure to confirm later
As you can see in the picture, it uses a lever to fire. This feels very sturdy
The OPV seems to kick in as early as 6-7 pumps.
Teehee.

#2 Collective

Collective

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:07 AM

Very nice!

The trigger set up looks a little questionable to me though, the way it has two right in line each other. I think it'd feel really satisfying to hit a button on the top or something to fire the Big Blast at some one.

Speaking of the Big Blast, does it look like it'll be hard to rebarrel it with that huge turret in the way?

And hopefully seal can be improved. Good news about the spring though...

Edited by Collective, 02 August 2009 - 11:08 AM.

"A lot" is two words.

#3 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts
  • State:Kentucky

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:21 AM

If the airgun barrel is set up like the Mega Missile and 4B, then it should just be a matter of chopping off the orange nub at the end and inserting a length of brass or PETG down the barrel, then sealing it in place.

My concern, though, is getting the air restrictors out of the turret. Tek 6 and Tek 10 turrets gave me fits when I tried to mod them.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#4 Fome

Fome

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:49 AM

This gun makes me very very happy.

It's almost custom tailored to modders and, most importantly, nerfers alike.

I suppose my main concern is durability.

#5 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:58 AM

The trigger set up looks a little questionable to me though, the way it has two right in line each other.

I'm not sure what you had in mind, but they're durable enough. The rods seem to be of a very solid steel, and they mechanically work very well. The lever for the big blast part reduces instantaneous load its respective trigger, and the springer part's trigger actually reduces friction by using a wheel as a bearing, instead of just forcing the catch down plastic on plastic.

As for comfort, it could be better. I won't lie. I'd prefer a linked trigger myself.

I think it'd feel really satisfying to hit a button on the top or something to fire the Big Blast at some one.

Get a spy gear signal launcher.

Speaking of the Big Blast, does it look like it'll be hard to rebarrel it with that huge turret in the way?

If you look at the picture, that neon green piece is the start of the barrel. the whole assembly pops out. Hack it off, stick whatever you like there - coupler, straight barrel, inline clip etc.

My concern, though, is getting the air restrictors out of the turret. Tek 6 and Tek 10 turrets gave me fits when I tried to mod them.

I'll have to get back to you on that.

I suppose my main concern is durability.

While it's true that it's not exactly Hasbro quality plastic, the blaster feels very solid, and the plastic seems very thick. The load bearing parts for the springer are beefy. Right off the bat I'd say they're more durable than those in the RFDG.

A big thing of note: The main handle is fucking ridiculously uncomfortable; it makes it hard to pump.
Teehee.

#6 guardian21

guardian21

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:17 PM

DAMN! That is a nice piece of work right there!
Can't wait to see this thing at its peak!

Any estimate as to when we can see these in mass retail (aka Walmart)
DATA!

#7 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:27 PM

I was going to ask, how uncomfortable is that tiny handle to hold?
You already answered my question, as it looks like you could only get two fingers on there...

It seems as though we'll be seeing a lot of these with handle replacements too.
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#8 Hi Yah

Hi Yah

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:41 PM

How good is the rotation mechanism?
The yellow balls are also slightly smaller in diameter than the green ones.

#9 Nerf Bros

Nerf Bros

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:19 PM

Yah! A new gun that doesn't suck and isn't completely over-hyped! I saw the link to a youtube video someone had posted but I couldn't bring myself to watch it. I'm glad to have real knowledge on the potential of this blaster. Bore out the turret holes and make it rear loading, perhaps? I also hope that Buzz Bee has fixed the quality control problems with the pumps, the ratio was probably near 1 in 15 fully functional pumps to bad ones. Could you get a shot of a new-gen (Blue/Green) BBBB pump next to the Berserker's? I'd like to see the changes they've made top the head, if any.
We have no sig.

#10 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:47 PM

Oh that has some potential. Thanks for the internal pics I'm getting one as soon as I track it down.
Forgive me if I missed it the turret rotates on the trigger pull or when primed?

Edited by Blacksunshine, 02 August 2009 - 01:50 PM.

Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#11 guardian21

guardian21

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:55 PM

DAMN! That is a nice piece of work right there!
Can't wait to see this thing at its peak!

Any estimate as to when we can see these in mass retail (aka Walmart)

According to several people I spoke with at Target -- Tuesday.

No kidding!
Knowing my target i won't be seeing them for at least a few months. (they NEVER restock)

Any Idea on a price-point?
DATA!

#12 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:59 PM

Rotates on prime. Can rotate again while primed by priming it again. You can pretty much figure out how from the first internal pic.
I paid $20, and that's the price I've been generally hearing. Keep in mind I did not buy this from a store myself.
I own no actual big blasts
"How good is the rotation mechanism?" is just a stupid question. Be more specific.
Teehee.

#13 Keith

Keith

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 02:18 PM

I made a thread about this on foamuniverse the other day if you guys want some more infomation.

#14 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts
  • State:Ohio

Posted 02 August 2009 - 03:07 PM

Don't everybody get excited, some asshole out there is going to start the idea of banning this blaster soon enough.

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#15 CA13

CA13

Nude Nerfer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 03:58 PM

This gun is what I've been waiting for. The plunger seems smaller then i speculated, but anything better than an NF in performance while stock might have hope. Is it trigger- or pump-rotated? Could you stick a BBB or NF/TTG to replace the plunger?
Doing this as I speak. I have no idea when I got it...my DAD got it some 15 years ago, but that doesn't matter. Anyways, it keeps jerking around all over the place. I try to hold it with a rag...It doesn't look like...much.

#16 wingd man

wingd man

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:45 PM

To me the plunger tube seems tiny as hell, could we get a size estimate (comparison, measurement, and/or large/medium/small)?

#17 Keith

Keith

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:51 PM

This gun is what I've been waiting for. The plunger seems smaller then i speculated, but anything better than an NF in performance while stock might have hope. Is it trigger- or pump-rotated? Could you stick a BBB or NF/TTG to replace the plunger?

The turret is rotated by the pump as was mentioned earlier in this thread.

To me the plunger tube seems tiny as hell, could we get a size estimate (comparison, measurement, and/or large/medium/small)?

The link I posted has a pic of the plunger tube and rod next to a ruler.

Edited by Keith, 02 August 2009 - 04:54 PM.

#18 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:18 PM

I'm so glad you're here to run my thread. Thank you soooo much. You're clearly a member here too; you have something against posting the internals to Haven? Apparently it doesn't outweigh trying to get credit. Anyway, I posted this to help others, not be famous on the internet. So you should kind of just... stop advertising your thread here.

Edited by Split, 02 August 2009 - 05:21 PM.

Teehee.

#19 Keith

Keith

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:28 PM

I'm so glad you're here to run my thread. Thank you soooo much. You're clearly a member here too; you have something against posting the internals to Haven? Apparently it doesn't outweigh trying to get credit. Anyway, I posted this to help others, not be famous on the internet. So you should kind of just... stop advertising your thread here.

Jeeesus! I'm not trying to step on your toes, man. I did post the internal pics to the haven's directory already.
There's a lot of information on the thread I made, I figured it's just easier to make a link than repeat everything I already wrote.

#20 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 06:31 PM

Yep. I'm paranoid. Continue.
Teehee.

#21 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts
  • State:Ohio

Posted 02 August 2009 - 06:42 PM

Just a forum, guys.

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#22 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:43 AM

Did my own video, it's a bit clearer and I demonstrate the slam fire capability:

If anything, I was kinda surprised outta the box at how hefty the spring felt. An RSCB would be possible too, but just not effective considering it has to clear the turret and THAT requires a good amount of space.

#23 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:30 PM

I'll have to get back to you on that.

17/32 drillbit: just slide the brass right in. This is after almost $40 trying to mod two Tek 10s. I f'ing hate tek 10's.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#24 CA13

CA13

Nude Nerfer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:31 PM

It's a cool gun, but slam-fire isn't really worth noticing. Anything that is turreted, spring action, and the turret rotates on the priming can be slam-fired when you hold down the trigger. It's not redeeming itself much because slam fire is inaccurate and unreliable.
Doing this as I speak. I have no idea when I got it...my DAD got it some 15 years ago, but that doesn't matter. Anyways, it keeps jerking around all over the place. I try to hold it with a rag...It doesn't look like...much.

#25 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:21 PM

I picked this up yesterday in hope of finding raiders. Found some belt blasters though. Can anyone say if the turret is easy to open or not? If it's like the other tek guns then I'm going to leave mine stock. I saw that someone asked earlier but it seemed like the question never got answered. Thanks for any help that anyone can give.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users