Foamfoot's Content

There have been 406 items by Foamfoot (Search limited from 29-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#209164 Sof Seattle War

Posted by Foamfoot on 03 February 2009 - 01:12 AM in Nerf Wars

Wow wow wow... I did not say I could be there. I may be out of town on those dates... it's actually really sad.

Sorry, I probably won't be there.

#209173 Sof Seattle War

Posted by Foamfoot on 03 February 2009 - 02:32 AM in Nerf Wars

Yup, it's confirmed that there is no possible way of me going.

FUCK

Oh well, I don't look good on camera anyway.

Give the SoF crew my regards, from the "Gaping blackness that sucks all light and happiness into it".

#261639 Skype Group Chat

Posted by Foamfoot on 12 January 2010 - 10:44 PM in Off Topic

Foamfoot
Ben Dover
Call me Foam the fucking foot.

#202033 Singled Titan And Hvz

Posted by Foamfoot on 09 January 2009 - 02:20 AM in Off Topic

Meh, he'll be out pretty soon if he uses a singled titan in a HvZ game. It would be like using a loser rifle to play through "Cortana".

Edit: Love the filter.

#186722 Singled Magstrike Blueprints

Posted by Foamfoot on 31 October 2008 - 05:37 PM in Modifications

Here is my opinion: Yes it could work. It could work fairly well. But, either it would shoot the range of something we already have, or shoot farther and getting banned faster than the titan. With air guns, we already have about the highest range achievable. I say we need to think of innovations rather than range. Someone make a semi-auto system! Do something that isn't just singling!

#215062 Server Issues

Posted by Foamfoot on 26 February 2009 - 12:16 AM in Site Feedback

Whom is actually paying for the site, again? It might not be any of my business, but I'm not sure if CX is still paying, or what.

#220346 Selling A Cellphone

Posted by Foamfoot on 28 March 2009 - 07:25 PM in Off Topic

Nerfhaven isn't so much for free advertising, you know...

#198506 Secret Shot 2

Posted by Foamfoot on 23 December 2008 - 09:15 PM in General Nerf

That's like asking what's better: Chocolate or Beer. There isn't a "right" answer to that question.

What the hell is wrong with you?

My neighbors still frequently use their SS2s, I've never seen a shortage at goodwill either. In my area I can usually find one by checking goodwill every week.

#198392 Secret Shot 2

Posted by Foamfoot on 23 December 2008 - 05:13 PM in General Nerf

What's better, SS1 or SS2?

It's all preference. In my opinion, SS2 is better, SS2 has some better ranges. But, the SS2 is a pump gun, and the SS1 is a springer with two barrels, which has much better ROF. It might be the best pistol for indoor, and a great one for outdoor (SS1). The SS2 is, however, good for outdoor, being as it's ranges are in the high nineties, and it's a pistol, possibly one of the best secondary blasters ever.

#202275 Season Of Foam Updates

Posted by Foamfoot on 10 January 2009 - 01:44 AM in General Nerf

Incredible video, despite the slight monotone, you captured the hobby in it's truest form.

Please note that that is a VERY slight monotone.

#208229 Season Of Foam Trip Map

Posted by Foamfoot on 31 January 2009 - 01:20 PM in Nerf Wars

If, by any chance, you need something in Washington, mail or PM me.

#197694 Scorpion Bow

Posted by Foamfoot on 21 December 2008 - 09:57 AM in Modifications

Scorpion bow:
Posted Image
Posted Image

BBB:
Posted Image

Pictures taken from Pointblank and Penguin807 mods.

The scorpion bow is NOT a knockoff. It uses entirely different engineering inside, the plunger tube is the same size, the ranges are similar and they both resemble a space bow or something. Those are the only similarities. I actually prefer the scorpion bow, due to it's simplicity.

#206411 Schoolwide Nerf Tournament

Posted by Foamfoot on 25 January 2009 - 07:39 PM in General Nerf

We have 20 teams of 4.

I call bullshit, most schools don't even allow nerf because they are "guns" and to my knoledge(correct me if i'm wrong) colleges don't even have HvZ clubs with over 50 people.

What point would one have to lie about something like this? There is at least logic behind lying about ranges and stuff like that, but why lie about a school nerfing thing?

Alibi, he's planning to murder someone.

I'm suggesting the tournament to my school... even though getting suspended for asking is a possibility.

#186533 Scar-l From Crysis = Spartan Ncs-12

Posted by Foamfoot on 30 October 2008 - 07:44 PM in General Nerf

FLAME ON!
Goddamn, why do we compare nerf blasters to real guns? THIS TOPIC HAS NO POINT IN ANY WAY. You should be muted for a week for posting a comparison of nerf guns and real guns in an existing thread. But starting a topic about one particular gun sharing some similarities with a nerf gun should get you banned. Jesus Christ, what do you think? Because it looks like a gun, it will crap fire, and eat tigers? This doesn't come from my anti gun thinking, it come purely from me wishing that people wouldn't post crap like this. BAD DOG! NO SPECULATING ON THE RUG!

#207342 Save On Batteries

Posted by Foamfoot on 28 January 2009 - 06:18 PM in Off Topic

Hey guys, I tried it and now this shit got all over my hands! It burns!

#247572 Saftey Glasses

Posted by Foamfoot on 18 August 2009 - 10:40 PM in General Nerf

I might do it, if I can get the capital.

But, if I do this, I would sell them for 4.00 + Shipping, (which is a little less than the non-wholesale price per item). I would probably want to start out with a very small amount, see if I can get permission to use the Nerfhaven name and/or logo. And look at nerfstrong wristbands, those kick ass, and they have only sold about 150 of them during the time that they've been around. I want to know that these would sell, and that might just not happen.

I might be more likely to do this if someone (preferably local) went in on it with me.

EDIT: I'll ask around on the chat, to see if people might be interested in buying or partnering with me on these.

#197957 Rune Halls Of Valhalla

Posted by Foamfoot on 22 December 2008 - 01:08 AM in Off Topic

YO! This thread is not about RUNESCAPE! This is a totally different game! There is NO relation between them.

Too late buddy, you just got JACKED.

It's pretty good, especially for an old game, I'd download.

IT RUNS ON MY COMPUTER TOO!1!!!11!

#197959 Rune Halls Of Valhalla

Posted by Foamfoot on 22 December 2008 - 01:12 AM in Off Topic

Shit, sorry, don't know what happened there.

#204607 Rifletech2000

Posted by Foamfoot on 19 January 2009 - 12:07 AM in Modifications

FoamFoot - If you would have read the previous posts than you would have known that the RFR internals weren't mine, he took them off.

The previous post was posted after I hit the reply button. Notice how they're two minutes apart?

Despite what I've said, I actually really like it. It's a great shell, and nobody has really taken advantage of it's potential.

Edit: Here's a mod by ambushbug, also using a 2k. Linky dink

#204520 Rifletech2000

Posted by Foamfoot on 18 January 2009 - 06:38 PM in Modifications

Just Some Bob - To be honest, I can give a shit about lighting. My pictures don't have to be perfect, i'm not looking for an A+ in photography class, because I'm just taking a picture for a forum.

Actually, you're contributing a photo that will be archived in these forums, putting at least minimal effort into the photo is generally a good idea. Your idea is good, but it is still lacking with usefulness... you have however just given me a great idea.

Edit: Condescending post win

#204544 Rifletech2000

Posted by Foamfoot on 18 January 2009 - 08:52 PM in Modifications

FoamFoot - Like I said, I don't give a shit.

Obviously.

Why did you feel that the faux barrels had to go?

#248190 Rf20 Problem

Posted by Foamfoot on 22 August 2009 - 08:18 PM in General Nerf

Just as quick side note, when single shot mode is on, you will lose more air per dart compared to firing on full auto.

#263410 Reverse Plungers

Posted by Foamfoot on 27 January 2010 - 02:05 PM in General Nerf

How about we stop over-analyzing ourselves? We're just making fools of ourselves. Really, I haven't seen any big, long post that had a decent point to it in a while. Let's stop trying to decide which is better, or whatever. Host a war with east coast rules, and we can see how things turn out.

There have been SO many things that sound great on paper, but just suck in person. Let's test it out.

#191433 Reputation System

Posted by Foamfoot on 23 November 2008 - 02:07 PM in Site Feedback

Seriously, look at yahoo answers, that shit is so messed up, it's not even funny.

I would be okay with some more moderators and a much more demanding validation system (1000 word essay anyone?). I also wish we had a little bit looser rules here, but I would NEVER want a rep system.

#251244 Recon/compressed Air Idea.

Posted by Foamfoot on 22 September 2009 - 01:01 AM in Modifications

I didn't write that my idiot friend was over and he wrote it. He has no clue about nerf.

Actually, if you look at the AK-47, you can take a couple of ideas from it.

Quite honestly, it's doable. It's doable like using your finger as a cork on a loaded gun. Theoretically plausible, but entirely unpractical, and unrealistic. But, hell, I'd love to be proven wrong. You actually seem to have much more idea of what you are doing than most "les turn a recn/ls into a machne gun lol" people. It's not going to be easy, turning a standard blaster into a compressed air one isn't easy. I seem to recall some people doing it with mavericks.

Look on mcmaster, they tend to have a ton of supplies like this.

#205832 Recon To Uzi?

Posted by Foamfoot on 23 January 2009 - 11:14 PM in Modifications

In theory, if you could build an electric cocking mech that would cock it automatically and fire it when you held down the trigger, AND built a huge ass clip that would have to work in some odd way so that the spring wouldn't crush the darts, yes you could. Being as it would need power, and a motor (that could burn out), it would be pretty impractical. You could also use compressed air, but you would pretty much have to rebuild the gun for that, including the shell.

Oh, and we're pretty much on a period of noobage right now, I would suggest cleaning up your grammar, as sometimes accounts that don't get taken away by the unspeakable beast, and into the forest... Where they are sodomized by the beast...

#231148 Recon To Shotgun Conversion Mod

Posted by Foamfoot on 18 May 2009 - 06:17 PM in Modifications

Do it, post it when you're done. The thing about new ideas is that they are new, nobody can offer you advice on something that has never been done before, so just try it and tell us what happens.

#251714 Recon Problem

Posted by Foamfoot on 26 September 2009 - 12:21 PM in General Nerf

h

Does not stand for "helpful", apparently.

Could we get pics?

#203378 Recon Attack

Posted by Foamfoot on 14 January 2009 - 07:21 PM in General Nerf

WTF MY THING CHANGED I DID NOT SAY NERF LOSER DANG IT

Oh my god... I love you.

#196935 Reason I Hate The Ff

Posted by Foamfoot on 18 December 2008 - 05:12 AM in Modifications

I petg'ed my firefly barrels. Added a sprng. And took out the AR's. I am getting 75 feet flat with my stefans.

The firefly is pretty much a turreted nitefinder. You have to put three springs in a nitefinder to make it shoot 80 feet. Now, with the horrible seal on the turret, getting these ranges would not be very plausible. Not calling you a lair, if you have any proof, please show it to us.

#202031 Quick Favor?

Posted by Foamfoot on 09 January 2009 - 01:59 AM in Off Topic

For a lightgun, I would use a sm750. Rangefull and compact. Can't go wrong. Plus, it may be the only airtank you can fit in there without it being homemade.

#192946 Question

Posted by Foamfoot on 30 November 2008 - 05:29 AM in Off Topic

Side note: What the hell would you do with a hacked Nerf site anyway? Post official looking front page stuff about Crossbow re-releases and piss people off?

Actually, the guy that hacked HQ deleted EVERYTHING. It was purely for shits and giggles.

#194890 Question

Posted by Foamfoot on 08 December 2008 - 11:44 PM in Off Topic

Stay in this hobby, it's great, it's cheap, and it's fun. I can't think of anything better that this hobby.

But, this is a NERF forum, unless we are billy woot, we aren't gonna say "Yeah nerf sucks, don't be in this hobby." (actually billy woot would be more like "ZoMg Ur A FAGORZZZ PLEHy AIRSUFT AND PainTBAlz") What were you thinking asking a nerf forum? This hobby kicks ass, but this is a site made up entirely of people who NERF.

Oh and what is THX? Is this some new hallucinogenic apmhetamine drug that I am not aware of? Is this a new kind of Tampon? Is it a drug/tamp hybrid? The world may never know...

#192900 Question

Posted by Foamfoot on 29 November 2008 - 11:30 PM in Off Topic

FU and HQ don't have me.

Is that because you are a computer guru who knows that both those sites can be hacked pretty easily?

HQ was hacked in 05' by some gaymo, lemme pull up the thread.

I'm unable to find the thread, if anyone else is able, please post the link here.

#192782 Question

Posted by Foamfoot on 29 November 2008 - 03:52 PM in Off Topic

I used to browse the I WIN! topics regularly, there was one topic where they were discussing if you were a lefty and some guy said for his entire post, and I quote "TEENS SHOULD HAVE MORE SEX!" he was banned DAYS after that. The admins occasionally get too strict over here, but that's better than being either lazy as hell or lenient just as much.

#192754 Question

Posted by Foamfoot on 29 November 2008 - 01:53 PM in Off Topic

I agree with the admin aspect of it, it's like freaking nerf online, new mods all the time and most of them suck.

Well, except for bags and badger.

To be entirely truthful, I love the concept of having a content driven site and a site where we discuss things. I really wish that NHQ had more active members. But, HQ was not really executed very well. My prediction is that it is going to either go offline due to bandwidth issues, and foam universe will take it's place. Or, people will just stop visiting it and foam universe will take it's place. Foam universe has reached a level of popularity that is near HQ status, but it's member count isn't shrinking (not to say that I like foam universe).

The difference between FU and NHQ is that most members on FU are also on NH. FU is less of an alternate forum and more of a private hangout. FU has content and is friendly, NHQ is not. FU will never be the same as NHQ. Bottom line: NH wins, FU winz, NHQ used to win, but now doesn't, mostly thanks to the hack in 2005. As one who reads and posts on all three, I'm not biased. I'm just stating the facts.

What I was more trying to say was that FU (Acronym fail) would become the sister site to nerfhaven, due to NHQ declining. I promise you, unless something drastic happens in the next year, NHQ will probably drop to less than one post daily within about a year and a half. I'm not saying FU and HQ are the same, I'm just saying due to NHQ dieing and FU rising in members, FU will become the second Nerf site.

#192736 Question

Posted by Foamfoot on 29 November 2008 - 12:49 PM in Off Topic

I agree with the admin aspect of it, it's like freaking nerf online, new mods all the time and most of them suck.

Well, except for bags and badger.

To be entirely truthful, I love the concept of having a content driven site and a site where we discuss things. I really wish that NHQ had more active members. But, HQ was not really executed very well. My prediction is that it is going to either go offline due to bandwidth issues, and foam universe will take it's place. Or, people will just stop visiting it and foam universe will take it's place. Foam universe has reached a level of popularity that is near HQ status, but it's member count isn't shrinking (not to say that I like foam universe).

#192680 Question

Posted by Foamfoot on 29 November 2008 - 03:26 AM in Off Topic

A lot of the members are going to give you a very long explanation to this, however, here is a condensed version.

Haven: larger fan base, members, publicity, strict rules, two month validation, content-based) Both: forums, some of the same members, talk about nerf) HQ: Discussion based, laid back, loose moderation, auto-validation, more sections, less members, less mods, and it is shrinking

The biggest differences are these

The Haven is a content-based forum, the highest ranking people produce content, people hate those who don't
NHQ is a discussion based forum, so if you aren't contributing, you aren't banned

Oh and The haven has members and is not declining in popularity. Regrettably, we are seeing HQ decline in popularity.

#251454 Puget Sound Nerf War

Posted by Foamfoot on 23 September 2009 - 08:15 PM in Nerf Wars

YESH.

Mark me as a maybe. Looks fantastic.

#263412 Puget Sound Nerf War

Posted by Foamfoot on 27 January 2010 - 02:13 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, this sounds pretty cool. I need to get my parents permission, but so far sounds good.