Magic's Content

There have been 377 items by Magic (Search limited from 09-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#178960 Snapbow = Superblaster

Posted by Magic on 22 September 2008 - 09:37 PM in General Nerf

On a productive note: I have to use 1 1/4" trigger covers, due to the fact that the industrial-strength clothespins I use are roughly twice as thick as regular ones. You could probably use the regular clothespins, but they're WAY flimsier.

So your saying that the clothe pins you use will last longer? Crap, might want to redo my trigger.

#178944 Snapbow = Superblaster

Posted by Magic on 22 September 2008 - 08:45 PM in General Nerf

There's no need to be a dick, and a post whore. If your going to post in my topic, your not going to be an asswhole.

#178978 Snapbow = Superblaster

Posted by Magic on 22 September 2008 - 10:01 PM in General Nerf

Hey guys, I was just messin' around with my SNAP, and when I prime it with a dart in the barrel it gets vaccumed into the chamber. Any way to stop this? Copper wire?

#179008 Snapbow = Superblaster

Posted by Magic on 22 September 2008 - 10:48 PM in General Nerf

Well I was thinking maybe putting the copper wire n the coupler so you can still speed load the darts.

#179025 Snapbow = Superblaster

Posted by Magic on 22 September 2008 - 11:20 PM in General Nerf

No no, let me explain. I would be fine with vaccume loading if the dart didn't get sucked in to the chamber. That's why I use a speedloader for it, if I put a copper wire in the coupler then the dart wouldn't go into the chamber, I can vaccume load it, or I could speed load it.

#178940 Snapbow = Superblaster

Posted by Magic on 22 September 2008 - 08:38 PM in General Nerf

On a side note rork was that you that had the snap then added cardboard(or some similar material) on the side to make it resemble a plusbow?

Ok that thing was stupid as shit.

In my defense, I must say that was back in a time before I really understood homemades and was experimenting with designs. I have now successfully completed my +bow, and have also fabricated an aluminum plunger rod for it;I must admit that my "LID +bow" was rather childish.

On a side note, When people call homemades a rip-off of a SNAP it is not a fair accusation. Seeing as the SNAP is the foundation for most Nerf Homemades, most homemade springers can be traced back to it. I for one cannot wait to see this in action at SENO. If you do complete your +bow Rork, be sure to still bring the SNAPBow. After seeing it in action, I will edit in my thoughts on the gun.

A side of nerf

I believe I will be the first one to use it at a war? I'm bringing it to DCNO.

#178937 Snapbow = Superblaster

Posted by Magic on 22 September 2008 - 08:35 PM in General Nerf

Kinda off topic, but does anyone know what Carbon uses for his trigger covers?

On most of his SNAPs, I haven't seen any trigger covers. Where as rork uses PVC.

Edit: Sorry, Sam beat me to it.

#176721 Clothes

Posted by Magic on 11 September 2008 - 08:03 PM in Off Topic

My DGK shoes, only of its kind. :) and as for my clothes i'd have to say my grateful dead boxers.

#174560 Animals And Nerfing

Posted by Magic on 02 September 2008 - 06:17 PM in Off Topic

Something similar happened to me. I have my darts in one of those cheesey poof buckets. I leave them in my room and my room door is usually open. My cat basil seems to like to latch on to the jar. I also shot a dart in to my shoe and forgot it there for about 15 minutes. Let's just say I needed new shoes after that day. :)

#174574 Animals And Nerfing

Posted by Magic on 02 September 2008 - 06:51 PM in Off Topic

You sick sick person. :P

#175747 Triangle Screw Driver

Posted by Magic on 07 September 2008 - 06:34 PM in Off Topic

I had a new school tech target and to get the plunger open, you need a triangle head. I picked one up from ace, check there.

#174619 Tour Of The Workshop.

Posted by Magic on 02 September 2008 - 08:29 PM in General Nerf

Maybe he has three Vulcans... (indicates "top secret" project).

Definitely awesome. It's how I see my room of doom looking when I have my own house. Can't wait to see the top secret stuff.

Either the top secret thing was just to make us wonder or it's inside of that white pillowcase or whatever it is. I only say this because when he was counting the bins he counted that as #1, and said ALL of them are filled with stock nerf guns.

#181846 Does Anyone Do Modding Services?

Posted by Magic on 05 October 2008 - 09:05 PM in Modifications

Many people do modding services upon request. I know ice does and my friend John will do it for pretty cheap.

#181892 Does Anyone Do Modding Services?

Posted by Magic on 05 October 2008 - 10:37 PM in Modifications

I'll be your huckleberry. But I am very expensive.

Just to point something out, if now that he's willing to, if you need something modded just get forsaken to do it. Ask anyone on the haven. He's definitely in the top 5 modders of nerf. For christs sake the guy doesn't use a crossbow because he's created something better.

#206780 The Gremlin

Posted by Magic on 26 January 2009 - 10:36 PM in Modifications

As guitarman said, you make everyone else here look bad. I like the coupler system itself, but the paintjob is incredible. If you'd be so kind to enlighten us or me alone through PM, on your painting techniques it would be much appreciated. Again, beautiful.

#181614 Whats Your Target?

Posted by Magic on 04 October 2008 - 10:33 PM in General Nerf

Talio, I think MSDFS deserves an ass kicking just for shooting his fucking dog. I accidently shot a stock crossbow at my cat and I felt so fucking bad, this prick does it for target practice.

#181838 Whats Your Target?

Posted by Magic on 05 October 2008 - 08:57 PM in General Nerf

Here's Carl the Pillow.
Posted Image
The movie poster is there to cover-up dents in the plaster/cement wall. It actually is possible to damage plaster walls with hot glue tipped stefans, though it takes velocities of over 400fps to do any damage.

Also, Nitefinders, lots of them, thanks to KB Toys and their awesome sales.

As for the mismatched sheets and pillow cases, as long as I can sleep on it I don't mind what color/print it is.

Think you have enough nitefinders? :)

#181063 Dcno Reaction Thread!

Posted by Magic on 02 October 2008 - 06:30 PM in Nerf Wars

HAH. Me in the second picture background (green shirt, pistol) yelling to Jlego "Take the hit! You don't want me to shoot you from here with this thing!" Incidentally Dean's way of hitting him was to throw his NF at him.

Yeah now I just have to figure out how to get the video. It's us charging eachother the last round before it started raining hard. Somewhat off-topic: Didn't OMC have a video? I saw him running around with a camera.

#180385 Dcno Reaction Thread!

Posted by Magic on 29 September 2008 - 05:45 AM in Nerf Wars

+Poking out from behind the shipping crate and letting loose two shots into NerfOnFier's chest.
+Nerfing in the rain at the final round was fucking Effeminate. I don't care what anyone else says.

-Groove

One, I never want to get shot by your crossbow again, fuck I still have a welt. As for nerfing in the rain, I was being a little bitch at first about my SNAP getting wet but then I manned up and it was fucking awesome. I have a small video of us charging eachother that i'll post soon.

#180132 Dcno Reaction Thread!

Posted by Magic on 28 September 2008 - 12:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Great war, had some nice hits and met some people.

Highlights:
- Getting to meet Vacc
- Accidently shooting Ice in the hand from across the field
- Sorry, don't remember who but hitting him in the lip with my SNAPbow.
- Many others like watching Vacc slide and hit the building HARD.

Dislikes:
-Nothing really, I thought the rain actually made it more fun.

On a side note my friend has like a minute video of us charging the other team for that last game of big team battle I believe. I'll have it up soon.

#181049 Dcno Reaction Thread!

Posted by Magic on 02 October 2008 - 05:21 PM in Nerf Wars

A little late and still have a video somewhere, but here ya go.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#169938 Happy Birthday Vacc And Talio

Posted by Magic on 17 August 2008 - 10:15 AM in Off Topic

Happy birthday guys, even though Talio sorta scares me.. :)

#218085 Pa War 4

Posted by Magic on 15 March 2009 - 05:03 PM in Nerf Wars

I couldn't go either. I woke up late, and then my mom wouldn't drive me, because she got food poisening.

#217190 Pa War 4

Posted by Magic on 09 March 2009 - 06:56 PM in Nerf Wars

As long as my parents can give me a ride, i'll be there.

#217454 Ertl Rfs

Posted by Magic on 11 March 2009 - 03:22 PM in Off Topic

I thought that Doomsayers were now banned guns? :)

#169693 Rattler Rifle

Posted by Magic on 16 August 2008 - 11:44 AM in Modifications

Very nice job, could have been a bit cleaner but very nice.

#183221 Chaos

Posted by Magic on 12 October 2008 - 11:55 AM in Modifications

I bought the lancer, and my crossbows with MY MONEY.

- NerfOnFier

For the most part, you seem like an alright dude, but I gotta ask...why lie about how you got a blaster? You told me in a pm (when you first joined) that the lancer was a gift. Then you said that you bought it. Now you say that it was a gift. Who cares if people think you're spoiled? I bet people thought I was spoiled too. I have 10+ guitars, 2 decent sized amps (65w Fender and 100w Marshall), a motorcycle, a car and tons of other crap. You know why? I have had a job since I was 10. I worked for my family's business (for $2-$3/ hr until I turned 15 and got a raise to normal pay) and made my own money. My dad only made around $22,000/yr, so I definitely didn't get spoiled. It is satisfying to know you have bought your own stuff, so why do you need to prove anything to anyone? If you stop fighting back and feeding the flame, you are going to keep arguing endlessly.

To be 100% honest, i'm not lieing. It was sort of both a gift and bought by me. When I said I bought the lancer as you quoted, I was in a rather angry mood and just typed random shit. I did put about $200.00 toward the lancer, the rest was for my birthday because my family had a money crisis for sometime and wasn't able to get me a true gift for about 3 years. I also payed my father back since I got a job at a local PetSMART. And your right, I shouldn't be fighting with anyone but it just makes me so angry when people say I am spoiled, when they really don't understand my situation. Sure I buy many nerf things, and when I say many I mean many. My main hobby is nerfing. I've probably spent roughly $2000.00 in all, but is that really any different than buying a dirtbike or guitar? Sure it's just a plastic toy, but a dirtbike is just a metal toy. People think it's obsurd when they hear I got the lancer for $1080 shipped, but I think its crazy that people pay $90.00 for shoes. All in all I have spent much money on nerf, but it's my hobby and it will be for a long time. Besides the lancer and Captain's Magstrike with HPA tank are fucking beast. :)

#182977 Chaos

Posted by Magic on 11 October 2008 - 10:08 AM in Modifications

First: Ian, Nice work. Be careful with that thing, A little lower and Kevin would only have one eye.

Second: FERD's crossbow is fixed, just search "wooden crossbow head" and im sure you will find my breif but helpful guide.

Third: Also, I have a job too Ian, The reason im saying this, Just as you got the Lancer for your birthday, I got a crossbow for mine. Your saying it like me and ferd are spoiled, and that you work so hard for all your guns. Just like you, I buy all my guns.

:blush: Yeah, i'm currently working on a new universal barrel system, when I say barrel system I mean it can take shotgun shells, shoots the original rocket, CPVC, PVC. And I wasn't trying to say that you're spoiled, I was merely trying to say how we came about our crossbows.

#182969 Chaos

Posted by Magic on 11 October 2008 - 09:25 AM in Modifications

I actually prefer this cosmetically to Fenix's. They are both formidable weapons, but I like this one more. I really hope you can make it to HbH so I can see this thing in action.
Slightly off topic: I find it kind of amusing that you, Bustadartinyourass, and his friend FERD all have xbows. How did you get them all?

BustaDartInYOurAss got on for his birthday; FERD I gave him my old one because it was broken beyond fixing for me and his dad was able to fix it so I just let him keep it; as for me well I have a job so I buy my own. One bought off Duce and two on eBay.

#182850 Chaos

Posted by Magic on 10 October 2008 - 06:09 PM in Modifications

I'm going to say this once and once only. It's BASED off fenix' chimera, but the design of his is not fit to my liking. I like to pump the gun from the back, and it's more comfortable to me then the Chimera. I've used fenix' chimera at APOC, and it was great but mine is more comfortable for me because I have a damaged shoulder. This thing is fucking STURDY as hell. I made sure that I glued all over the PVC, and that it can withstand a fairly good amount of pressure. The point of this topic is to show has good Fenix' blueprints are. Everyone should make a basic Chimera, but customize it yourself which is what I did.

#182827 Chaos

Posted by Magic on 10 October 2008 - 02:14 PM in Modifications

Isn't this pretty much the Chimera.

Without any of the style or smooth design lines, yeah. It's just another singled titan that won't be war-legal anywhere.

Dude if your going to be a dick just don't comment. It's like fenixharth's but with a pump handle/stock and CPVC coupler. It's my version of it. By the way it can be war legal, just unplug the pump..

#182768 Chaos

Posted by Magic on 09 October 2008 - 09:59 PM in Modifications

Ranges are good, but it would probably have been better if you left it in the shell. It looks sloppy and fragile.

Ranges are good but the shell makes no differences with ranges. I actually get better ranges with no shell for some reason. I believe it has something to do with part of the shell pushing on tubes, but I don't know. It's extremely sturdy. I expoxied almost everything and I can put a good amount of force on it. Of course it's more weak like this then in the shell, but still. This looks more badass. :lol:

I've never really understood why people even take the guns out of the shells? I mean, if you take a spill, that's the first thing you'll probably land on, is your blaster. If there's no shell around it, it's gonna snap. Plus then you've got to worry about other parts getting snagged too...

I see where you're coming from, but it's just smaller, and simpler like this. If you ever see a titan in war that is singled, how many do you actually see with shells. I saw about 5 at APOC, and the only titan at DCNO was shotgun, and therefor needed the shell. I personally love it with out the shell, and it's easier to wield and pump.

#182964 Chaos

Posted by Magic on 11 October 2008 - 09:11 AM in Modifications

Yay! Chimera variations! I love it!

I live 20 minutes from Fenix, so I was one of the first few to try it, and they're the fucking best. They're a great design, I completely agree that everyone should try to build one. Leaving it unplugged is smart though, having them be battle-legal is important.

And while I'm here, I gotta say that using the Titan barrel was a great idea. It looks awesome with that in the front, and everything telescoping out in the front gives it a nice, slanted frame. A little bit less visible glue would be nice, but from how you hold it it seems like you wouldn't be able to see much of it.

TS

Thank you, but keep in mind the actual titan wasn't created by me. It was created by BustaDartInYOurAss. I just made the shell, although I am working on a complete new variant rev.4.

#182710 Chaos

Posted by Magic on 09 October 2008 - 06:39 PM in Modifications

So about a week ago, I found out that my friend BustaDartInYOurAss had singled a titan, and it was getting beast ranges due to the pump being plugged. It was such an amazing gun I decided it was worthy of a name. I call it Chaos.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Everything in these first two photos was done by him accept the string/pullpin. The modifications done were taking out AR, CPVC coupler, plugged pump, and pullpin.
I then started working on my stock for it. I was looking around and saw Fenix' Chimera, and thought that it would be pretty cool to make my own version of it.
Here is Rev.2 pictures.
Posted Image
Posted Image
I knew that this was not worthy of a final product so what I did was make it even better. I redid the PVC stock by only using one piece of PVC and a glue stick to seperate the pump barrel and the PVC. I then wrapped it up in some badass purple E-tape, and added a longshot front gun trigger with much reinforcements.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The PVC stock works as a pump and I also made a side pump just incase one snaps off during a war. The PVC joint actually went right on to the pump wrapped in a bit of E-tape so I kept it. Last but not least I put a PVC end-cap on the bottom of the stock and it can hold two darts easily. The top piece of PVC can probably hold about 7 or 8, and you can easily remove a bit of E-tape to put an end-cap on. If it is liked I can create a write-up with just a bit of Busta's help.

Edit: Ranges are 120 to 160' flat.

Questions? Comments? Flames?

#204595 Rifletech2000

Posted by Magic on 18 January 2009 - 11:18 PM in Modifications

Rokor - One, fix up your grammar. Two, the "faux" barrel is technically not part of the shell, because it comes out as soon as you open it. Three, maybe this doesn't deserve it's own thread, but whats done is done, so get over it.

#204542 Rifletech2000

Posted by Magic on 18 January 2009 - 08:50 PM in Modifications

FoamFoot - Like I said, I don't give a shit.

TantumBull - Thanks, and yes. It's more comfortable for me this way and easier to aim. ^o^

So, what did you do with your RFR internals then?

Wasn't mine, a friend did something with them, and I took the shell.

#204438 Rifletech2000

Posted by Magic on 18 January 2009 - 01:37 PM in Modifications

Okay, as you can see i've put a 2K into a RfR shell. Some people may ask why. I say... Because it looks awesome, is more comfortable, and better accuracy.

Internal Picture:Posted Image

External Picture:Posted Image

Some people may also ask why I have tape holding it together.. Well the truth is I couldn't find the screws.

Oh yeah, almost forgot to mention. Ranges are typical singled 2K. Roughly 80-100Ft flat.

Questions? Comments? Flames?

#204515 Rifletech2000

Posted by Magic on 18 January 2009 - 06:18 PM in Modifications

CrazyIvan VI - I pump this specific gone like so: Posted Image

Just Some Bob - To be honest, I can give a shit about lighting. My pictures don't have to be perfect, i'm not looking for an A+ in photography class, because I'm just taking a picture for a forum.

#204540 Rifletech2000

Posted by Magic on 18 January 2009 - 08:48 PM in Modifications

FoamFoot - Like I said, I don't give a shit.

TantumBull - Thanks, and yes. It's more comfortable for me this way and easier to aim. ^o^

Norther_Of_Heaven - You can say what you'd like about it, but in MY opinion, this is how I like it.

#204546 Rifletech2000

Posted by Magic on 18 January 2009 - 09:01 PM in Modifications

FoamFoot - If you would have read the previous posts than you would have known that the RFR internals weren't mine, he took them off.