Tech Target Gun
1 RoseArt marker (Crayola works too)
2 1/2" CPVC couplers
4" length 1/2" CPVC (2" required, the rest is optional for a barrel extension)
Pipe cutters, hacksaw, or other cutting tool
Plumber's Goop, epoxy, or other high-grade plastic adhesive
The stock TTG was in good working condition, though the priming handle was a bit faded from light exposure:
The internals are pretty straightforward.
The cap at the back end of the plunger tube was a pleasant surprise. The whole orange barrel assembly in front of the plunger tube came right off. The air restrictors weren't glued in, which was another pleasant surprise, but the hole in the barrel in front of the AR's was a bit of a downer. I wasn't planning on using any of the assembly, so I just set it aside in my bin of random stuff.
I widened the aperture of the plunger tube to allow more airflow, then took a 1/2" CPVC coupler and stuck a small length of 1/2" CPVC (about 3/8", enough for the coupler to fit over the plunger tube without any gaps) into one end. This reduces the dead space inside of the coupler.
That coupler is what attaches to the plunger tube. A 1-1/4" length of 1/2" CPVC goes into the other end of the first coupler, and a second coupler attaches to the length of CPVC. I glued all of those together with Plumber's Goop, making sure the assembly was straight.
I had to trim the shell so that the couplers would fit inside.
I also replaced the O-ring and wrapped electrical tape around the base of the plunger head for a much improved seal.
The ammo holders were a good fit for stock darts, but I found that stefans had a tendency to slide into them and get lodged inside. (in fact, I found a Streamline jammed into one of them when I got the blaster from the thrift store). Since I didn't want them to go to waste, I constructed new ammo holders to fit inside the stock ones. I got a RoseArt marker and cut the tube into two 1" lengths, then drilled a small hole with a hobby drill and strung a short length of fishing line through it. This keeps stefans from sliding back, and it keeps them nested firmly in the ammo holders.
I glued the blue rings on top of the RoseArt barrel holders, then wrapped electrical tape around the base of the assembly, both to secure the fishing line and to make sure the fit inside the shell was snug.
Here are the modded internals:
(I'll post the painting writeup in the first reply, since I have gone over the image limit in the initial post.)
Quick edit for format and corrections in the Materials list.
Edited by dizzyduck, 26 January 2009 - 05:33 PM.