SorrowX's Content

There have been 113 items by SorrowX (Search limited from 19-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#255749 Raider With Brass Breech And Integration

Posted by SorrowX on 08 November 2009 - 10:33 PM in Modifications

First off, I'd like to say....SCORE! I got mentioned!.....OK, now that that's out of the way, nice mod. I did a similar breech on my raider, and it works just fine with streamlines, without reduced ROF and its drum mag capable. As soon as I get a working camera, I'll put up some pics and a video so maybe some fine tuning can be done. Also, interesting 2K addition, but I like not having external tubing. Nothing personal against your mod, its just a preference. For a backup, I simply bolted an Eliminator in place of the priming fore-grip. I still get a vertical fore-grip, along with a backup shot!

#255724 Stiff Ball Valve?

Posted by SorrowX on 08 November 2009 - 07:38 PM in Homemades

I figured the same problem when building my first homemade. I found the lowest friction ball valves tend to be in the gas section. They cost a tinsy bit more, but is worth it. Low friction, threads fit on PVC threading, etc. here's a picture of one similar o the one I got at lowes. They work wonders. :)
Posted Image

#254766 Nerf N-strike Longstrike Cs-6 - Preview!

Posted by SorrowX on 27 October 2009 - 11:54 PM in General Nerf

When this comes out, whats going to be it's main abbreviation? Longshot should stay LS, and the longstrike should be something else... I vote for NALS, or Not A Long Shot. Anyways, I agree fully with Fome, I don't care if its reverse plunger, it looks like its meant for some man hands. I'll just end up throwing a titan tank in it and integrating a SSPB anyways.

#253911 Titan Barrel

Posted by SorrowX on 19 October 2009 - 01:51 AM in Modifications

In the great words of that almighty Canadian nerfer, Forsaken_Angel24, "Put some elbow grease into it!"

#253564 Recon Question

Posted by SorrowX on 14 October 2009 - 08:30 PM in General Nerf

No, its just there to protect the user from friction burns. And for Hasbro to cover their own asses. I reccomend craft foam padding, and not using an overpowerful spring. If you wouldn't put it in a nitefinder, don't put it in a recon.

#253561 Double-capacity Standard Size Ls Mag

Posted by SorrowX on 14 October 2009 - 08:14 PM in Modifications

Gah! I'm stupid. SGM, you can make your own springs. Many Michaels and craft stores sell kits where you can make springs of your own, to any size coil, almost any length, and you can make them to a strength of your choice. Using these kits, I've made quite a few catch springs. I'm also fairly sure you can buy the mandrels to fit the LS clip. Its a valuable tool to me, i use it whenever I need new catch springs.
Read Wire Forming

#253549 Recon Question

Posted by SorrowX on 14 October 2009 - 07:19 PM in General Nerf

As far as I can remember, the only difference between 1st Gen and 2nd Gen recons is the cap the covers the plunger when primed. They replaced the old recons with this due to a few reported incidents of friction burns, etc. Other than that, maybe Hasbro put a weaker spring. Thats as many as I can think of.

#253546 Double-capacity Standard Size Ls Mag

Posted by SorrowX on 14 October 2009 - 07:13 PM in Modifications

Pretty nice innovation. Might I recommend using the spring from an RFR Clip or even from a spiral-bound notebook? Those might be decent for this project.

#249292 Motivators

Posted by SorrowX on 01 September 2009 - 04:44 AM in Off Topic

Ok, I haven't seen a thread like this yet, so I decided to make a motivational thread. Post your favorite (De)motivators within CoC Rules, no pr0n or any of like subject. Self made nerfy motivators are great too! I think I'll start off with this one...

Posted Image

#248870 Improving The Streamline

Posted by SorrowX on 28 August 2009 - 12:18 AM in Modifications

Damn you Tantum Bull! I wanted to do the raider stefan clip. :cry: Meh, I'll probably end up procrastinating and not doing it anyways. Back on topic, I've noticed a few in SoCal that do this, yet the hype is starting to die down.

#248606 Why Brass And Not Copper?

Posted by SorrowX on 25 August 2009 - 11:16 PM in General Nerf

if the surface of copper is marked and some copper in general, you will get oxidization.

Brass oxidizes as well, just at a slower rate. Personally, I use 1/2" brass, because I have weird foam. I know the HB guys use white foam and 19/32 brass, and I think i saw a longshot of theirs with welded copper, I'm not too sure though.

#248504 Addition To Jamz Pvc Bladder

Posted by SorrowX on 25 August 2009 - 02:21 AM in Modifications

Nerf does it like that for a reason, it works.

We, as modders, make it work better. Thats a pretty good concept. I've been looking for a way to increase the volume of air in the magstrike. As soon as I have one of these built (when i get a bit of money for parts) I'll let you know.

#248292 Bfno- Fulleron, Ca Nerf Out

Posted by SorrowX on 23 August 2009 - 02:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Well well well, folks, BFNO is back! This is most likely going to be a single portion war, and I might bring a grill so Nodoka can cook for us...but I may charge, For a good reason though. Its still not a guarantee that that will happen though. ....Anyways, the location is a bit complicated for people who haven't been here before. It a bit of a walk from the war site to the parking lot, as illustrated by the following image.

Once you have your stuff, walk down the path that the arrow under 'War Site' is pointing. Come the day of the war, I will set up some pickets to guide the way.
Posted Image

The address for the parking is::
1766 W Bastanchury Rd.
Fullerton, CA 92833

Time & Date:
9:00, September 12(( 8/12 ))

If there are any problems, let me know now that way I can hopefully arrange stuff with my parents to free up a different weekend.

Food To Be Served: Q-Bites (Please Order)

Q-bites are a tasty little treat me and Nodoka came up with tonight. they consist of hollowed out french bread, sandwich contents in the shape of cubes, and a small section of the bread that was cut out caps it off. see the diagram.

Don't complain on the phallic level, please, i tried my best on that.
Posted Image

The basic Q-bite is ham and cheese $6

the B/F-Hollows special is Ham, Cheese, Mushrooms, and grilled onions $7

special ingredents $8
Please, let me know if you want one at the war.
The money that the food generates goes the this cute little kitten Gami, who has a disease that has proved to be fatal in previous generations of his bloodline. My parents refuse to pay for a trip to the vet for some medication, but we don't even know what the name of the disease is.
Posted Image
Posted Image

That is all for now, Fellow Nerfers and Pet Owners. I will use the space below for any updates and the day nears.

#248282 Pantz-off... Is Canceled

Posted by SorrowX on 23 August 2009 - 01:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Do you think CP with stay down here a week and make it to BFNO?

#248131 Dcit

Posted by SorrowX on 22 August 2009 - 02:32 PM in Homemades

Looks pretty good, reminds me of a Razor Fin, just with a normal trigger instead of the garden hose-esque thing. Now make a removable clip system with the RSCB.

#248129 Raider Overhaul Write-up

Posted by SorrowX on 22 August 2009 - 02:11 PM in Modifications

Also, only 40? mine's hitting 60 flat, and I haven't even installed the breech yet. :ph34r:

With stock streamlines, some wind, and un-accounted for dart skip, sure. I didn't post the ranges at which I picked up my darts, which were all about 50 to 70 feet away.

I'll post all the factors that contributed to it's range:
-Single BB 2.5 inch stefans, very dense foam (I have to push them into the bolt manually, the dart tooth does nothing)
-Seal improvement with new O-rings
-Recon spring replacement
-foam padding on plunger and back of plunger tube
-Spring addition (Not a [k26] spring, just a stretched stock spring. I didn't even need to drill out the stock)
- Hot glued a Red Seal to the top of it (Ask RedHead)

There was maybe a bit of wind, maybe. As for dart skip, I think the plants I shot into took care of that. Plus, you know how heat increases dart quality, therefore, a bit of a tighter fit.

#248072 Raider Overhaul Write-up

Posted by SorrowX on 22 August 2009 - 12:47 AM in Modifications

I'll post this little thingie I explained in the other Raider thread, just in case anyone happened to miss it.

For anyone who wants to know how slam fire works yet doesn't have a mechanical mind-state, I may be able to help. (This is not speculation, I own a Raider)

First off, study and memorize this picture. (picture of internals courtesy of SPV999)
Posted Image

For slam fire, the trigger would be depressed, pushing the nub on part 1 of catch system part way up(Part one of catch system will be from now on referred to as 'P1'). As the user primes the blaster, the forward nub on the boltsled presses down and locks the top-side triangular piece depressed as the plunger tube catches on P2( part 2 of the catch system). So now, the bolt sled is pulled back, the plunger tube is caught, the trigger is being pressed, and P1 nub is partway up. As the user closes the breech, the rearward nub (in the picture, the nub on the boltsled that is touching P1) catches and pulls forward P1, pushing the P1 nub fully up, pressing on P2 and firing the blaster.

Hope this clears up the slam fire speculation! :lol:

EDIT
To make it so you can deprime it even when the boltsled it pulled back, you have to get rid of the slam fire. You have to glue P1 forward with some hotglue, so that P1 is stationary, in the forward position.

Also, only 40? mine's hitting 60 flat, and I haven't even installed the breech yet. :ph34r:

#247623 Did I Screw My Self...

Posted by SorrowX on 19 August 2009 - 01:04 PM in Modifications

I have this exact same problem with my Vulcan, but as with you, I cannot seem to figure out why it wont fire all the dart in the chain. To be honest, I've been speculating that maybe Hasbro put a simple fail-safe into the Vulcan, simple enough that our eyes passed right over it. If someone could check out the patent design specs of this, maybe we could find out.

Enough of my rambling...

I hope you figure out how to fix this small, yet very annoying problem. Despite what others may say, the Vulcan is a very good weapon when used correctly, and I don't mean bashing in skulls. Its great for flag defense, when the guardian can only have a spring pistol or a full auto weapon.
Once you've figured out how to fix this, shoot me a PM on how.

#246598 Raider Cs-35: Overview / Overhaul

Posted by SorrowX on 11 August 2009 - 04:49 PM in Modifications

For anyone who wants to know how slam fire works yet doesn't have a mechanical mind-state, I may be able to help. (This is not speculation, I own a Raider)

First off, study and memorize this picture. (picture of internals courtesy of SPV999)
Posted Image

For slam fire, the trigger would be depressed, pushing the nub on part 1 of catch system part way up(Part one of catch system will be from now on referred to as 'P1'). As the user primes the blaster, the forward nub on the boltsled presses down and locks the top-side triangular piece depressed as the plunger tube catches on P2( part 2 of the catch system). So now, the bolt sled is pulled back, the plunger tube is caught, the trigger is being pressed, and P1 nub is partway up. As the user closes the breech, the rearward nub (in the picture, the nub on the boltsled that is touching P1) catches and pulls forward P1, pushing the P1 nub fully up, pressing on P2 and firing the blaster.

Hope this clears up the slam fire speculation! :lol:

EDIT
To make it so you can deprime it even when the boltsled it pulled back, you have to get rid of the slam fire. You have to glue P1 forward with some hotglue, so that P1 is stationary, in the forward position.

#241681 Armageddon Recap

Posted by SorrowX on 12 July 2009 - 10:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Yesterday was great, so much fun...

Pros-
- lots of fun
- being called terminator for the latter half of day due to my longshot
- showing off why NOT to use a slip coupler on a titan
- finding after the war that RFR's aren't that bad after all
- finally getting to do the shooter/spotter(support shot) setup
- soo many more

cons-
the bloodwing beetle's pump breaking before the first round
not much else

#240780 Titan/magstrike Integration

Posted by SorrowX on 08 July 2009 - 08:23 AM in Modifications

Dude, that is seriously worth a James T. Kirk high five. It definitely reminds me of gundam. Anyways, finish that sucker up!
Posted Image
(picture courtesy of =jakethesnake= of nerfHQ)

#237617 Longshot Back From The Dead

Posted by SorrowX on 20 June 2009 - 10:54 AM in Modifications

Very nice AssassinNF, very nice. I have a few questions and suggestions though.

1) What is the length and grade steel of that bolt?

2) Could you show us a diagram of that bolt handle? I'm not quite understanding your description.

3) Do you possess or have access to a +bow spring? If so, reinforce your longshot and stick a 4 1/2" segment in with the 1st gen LS Spring. Almost all my Ls's have that combo now, and they are all very beastly

#237591 The Ghost V.4

Posted by SorrowX on 20 June 2009 - 06:09 AM in Modifications

Thats really innovative. Did you just hotglue the crossfire's catch to the titan trigger, or are they not attached at all?

#236584 A New Way To Take Away Boltsled Stress!

Posted by SorrowX on 15 June 2009 - 08:58 PM in Modifications

Interesting seeing all these new Longshot mods working on preserving the bolt sled.
What gauge wire is that?

It is a bicycle brake cable. I have no idea what the gauge is that.

This looks very nice, and it sounds amazing. So this would fix my problems of not catching with the plus bow spring?
I like this more then ice's cause it eliminates that extra step and there isn't any wire coming out the back, it also looks very comfy.

A1) Yes, it will solve your problem, unless your problem is related to something else, and not the boltsled.
A2) Yes, it is very comfy. That is the whole point of the rubber tubing and E-Tape. It just molds to your grip.

#236346 A New Way To Take Away Boltsled Stress!

Posted by SorrowX on 14 June 2009 - 10:40 PM in Modifications

Actually it takes the stress off the part of the bolt sled that breaks.
I really like this mod it is convenient because my bolt sled just broke.
Edit all this mod needs is a return spring to bring in bolt.

Or a bungee cable. You can still use your broken boltsled if it only broke at one point. just use the charging handle to close the setup.

#236343 A New Way To Take Away Boltsled Stress!

Posted by SorrowX on 14 June 2009 - 10:35 PM in Modifications

How is this taking stress of the bolt sled its not like the bolt is in the part that breaks. This is more like a bolt relocation.

If you watch the video, you can see that the boltsled and original charging handle are still in use. the pullback primes the blaster, while leaving the under portion unstressed. Upon closing, the user uses that charging handle to close, still somewhat creating stress on the boltsled. The new pullback method just drastically reduces stress on the boltsled.

EDIT: Exactly what Bullshit Dragon just wrote.

#236338 A New Way To Take Away Boltsled Stress!

Posted by SorrowX on 14 June 2009 - 10:11 PM in Modifications

Ok, I'm really upset right now because I had the entire write-up ready to go when my computer decided to be an ultra-douchenozzle. Anyways, onto the write-up.

After acquiring a +Bow spring, I decided it was going to my longshots. I cut 2 portions of the spring into 4 1/2 in. segments and popped them in. I pulled back on the charging handle, when my old rival, the boltsled, snapped. After cursing furiously at now obliterated piece of plastic, I popped another one in its place. this one, much newer, didn't snap on the drawback. Instead, it bent, prohibiting the plunger rod from catching. This is my solution on how to fix that problem.

Tools And Materials Required:
- Longshot
- Drill
- Tin Snips
- Needle-Nosed Pliers
- 2 Gripping Utensils
- Bicycle brake/gear cable
- threaded rod
- 2 nuts
- 2 washers
- E-Tape
- 5/8 rubber hosing(Optional)
Posted Image

First off, cut the steel brake cable so it is out of the housing and has clean ends.
Posted Image

Now Remove the bolt pin and drill here on both sides.
Posted Image

Thread your steel cable through the hole where the bolt pin was formerly located, then feed it through the holes you drilled.
Posted Image

Cut at your desired length. make sure to leave enough room for it to double over about 1/2 an inch.
Posted Image

Fold your steel cable with your pliers. It should double over about half an inch. place your washers on, the cable leading the the boltsled on the inside.
Posted Image

Stick the washers on your threaded rod, throw on your nuts, and Bam! there you go. For the added touch, get your spice-weaseling 5/8 rubber tube and cut it to the length of your threaded rod. Cut it down one side, and place it over the rod. Wrap that sucker in E-Tape, and your all done!
Posted Image

Your finished product should look a bit like this:
Posted Image

I also have a video on how it works:
Test Firing
This thing sounds really powerful...

Questions? Comments? Spice weasels? I hope this helps out those folks who don't want anything snapping back at them. Another plus side of this mod is: you don't have to take your longshot apart!

#236023 Brass Breech Problem

Posted by SorrowX on 13 June 2009 - 04:44 PM in Modifications

Your brass and quite possibly your cuts aren't clean. You are going to need steel wool(Brillo Pad), paper towel, and a product called Brasso. First, use your steel wool and scrub your brass down, and put a bit of focus on your cuts. Now get a piece of paper towel and roll it up, then put a small amount of Brasso and run it through the inside of each one of your tubes. Then get another piece of paper towel and rub down the outside of each tube with a bit of Brasso. Then scrub down with the steel wool and rinse your tubes with water; they should slide very smoothly once they dry. I do this all the time with my brass, and I assure you, it has never failed me before. Hope this helped!

#220062 New Buzz Bee Double Shot Mod

Posted by SorrowX on 26 March 2009 - 09:35 PM in Modifications

Ok, this double shot write up makes it that way you can take full advantage of the selectable firing power of the doubleshot plunger and have it as a waist side-arm.

Materials and tools needed:
BuzzBee Double Shot
screwdriver
keyring
strong carabiner
hobby knife or dremel

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

After this, throw some Velcro on the side of the gun and on your shorts or pants, and there you go, a waist doubleshot.

#218766 Bfno, March 21st

Posted by SorrowX on 19 March 2009 - 11:59 AM in Nerf Wars

Hopefully. I have a shoebox full of stefans, and a beach bucket full of stock darts, so I'm not sure. I've cut down the attendance list a bit, but it still might be a pretty big number.

#217929 Socal Nerf

Posted by SorrowX on 14 March 2009 - 05:10 PM in Nerf Wars

it feels as if any hope I had was swapped for sorrow, so thanks, you feel my pain.

What's that supposed to mean? Also, by "Valencia," do you mean "Placentcia" or " Valencia Dr." ?

#217856 Bfno, March 21st

Posted by SorrowX on 13 March 2009 - 03:55 PM in Nerf Wars

The armor is required to be removable, that way it can only be used for the infection rounds. If there wasn't any armor in the infection rounds, it would go by so fast it wouldn't be fun. your welcome to complain all you want, but you probably won't need to during the normal rounds

#217805 Bfno, March 21st

Posted by SorrowX on 12 March 2009 - 11:36 PM in Nerf Wars

Important update: if everyone on my attendance list shows up, along with everyone else, i think we will be breaking 50 people at this war. Also, if your are coming please post along with your loaner blaster count and let me know if your coming.

Look, Sorrow... if you're gonna invite people... it's YOUR responsibility to hand out loaners...not the rest of the community, that's the whole point of running your own group, and you are after all... the HOST of the war. just a heads up. Not that I won't be bringing my usual ark...but seriously... I'm not a big fan of a Shit-ton of new people and loaning out my stuff to them... because when it's not theirs, or someone they know... people tend to be more careless... and that's how I wind up with a box full of broken guns.

I know, I thought I'd be able to round up enough money to buy a bunch of nitefinders, but I was horribly wrong. I understand you not wanting to loan out guns to new nerfers, so its fine. At this point in time, I've cut the attendance list, bring my guest count from 27 down to 15-17 people, leaving me short 3-5 guns. Other than that, some of these people have nerfed before,/ know how to handle a nerf gun held together by nothing but hot glue and rubber bands.

#217729 Bfno, March 21st

Posted by SorrowX on 12 March 2009 - 07:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Important update: if everyone on my attendance list shows up, along with everyone else, i think we will be breaking 50 people at this war. Also, if your are coming please post along with your loaner blaster count and let me know if your coming.

#212019 Brass'd Ls That Sucks?

Posted by SorrowX on 13 February 2009 - 05:00 PM in Modifications

Brass is very low friction. In order to get really good ranges, the seal needs to be good, and the dart has to be a tight fit. the brass breech in my LS telescopes from a 1/2 in. brass holding section that hold the dart in longer, allowing more pressi\ure to build up, to a 9/16 in. brass main barrel to guide the dart out.

#211925 Bfno, March 21st

Posted by SorrowX on 13 February 2009 - 02:05 AM in Nerf Wars

Well, its been a while since we've had a war down here, and with the amount of people that me and squishy are introducing nerf to, we would have to rent a bus, or be like the Asian we are(or the majority of us) and go hong-kong style on a U-Haul truck just to get them all up to Glendora. Also, everyone, if you do come, make sure you bring ALL of your blasters, because, quite frankly, I don't have enough of them to lend out to everyone in my group.

I want to try Smith-Murphy park again, just cause if it rains, there's a school right next to it so we can play on some concrete. The date may be subject to changes, as Nodoka is getting her wisdom teeth pulled, and I don't know when she'd be ok to nerf.

Date: March 21st, 2009
Time:9:30-10ish, seeing if I can get off my lazy ass early enough, till whenever. and if possible, a night war from 6 to 8:30-9ish
Location: Smith murphy Park, 5290 Cameron Dr. Buena Park, CA 90621

The rules for this war are going to be a bit different, due to the fact of a new game type, "Infection," which implements In-Game team changes.

- Any Armor is allowed, as long as it somehow attaches to a blaster (be logical, that means not connecting body armor to your gun by a piece of string)No Umbrellas taped onto your gun! if you do have any umbrellas on your gun, you will be asked to remove it, and if it cannot be emoved, you won't be able to use in the war.

- Melee Weapons are Encouraged, just make sure that they are foam padded. there was an instance as halloweeno when I was being stupid, and accidentally injured someone with the unpadded bayonet on my longshot.

Other than those, its standard rules. Also, if anyone has an 2k,3K or 4K (or even internals [Doesn't have to have turret]), I'd happily buy it from you as long as it still works.

#211166 Mulcher

Posted by SorrowX on 10 February 2009 - 05:25 PM in Modifications

because i don't have access to petg or rails. And I value the longevity of my vulcan.

#211159 Mulcher

Posted by SorrowX on 10 February 2009 - 04:50 PM in Modifications

Wouldn't that be bruttally heavy cause what is it made out of?

I wieghted it on a scale, its 11.5 pounds.

#211157 A Bit Of Help?

Posted by SorrowX on 10 February 2009 - 04:48 PM in Modifications

Still looking for help... Played with it a bit to no success.

I have a pic of this...it in my poly breech write-up.
http://nerfhaven.com...topic=13522&hl=

#211057 Mulcher

Posted by SorrowX on 10 February 2009 - 01:10 AM in Modifications

thanks, it was my first attempt at dry brushing. :)