Addition To Jamz Pvc Bladder

pretty neat, and yes.. its theoretical

7 replies to this topic

#1 OnyxZenith

OnyxZenith

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:38 AM

Okay so I've been shunned for my ideas.... which I don't understand why..?

BUT anywhoo

Now, we all know that the PVC for a bladder itself will decrease pressure as more darts are shot out of a magstrike, so, to fix that problem I came up with this:

Posted Image

This is an actual Bladder made of PVC

now to demonstrate how it works,

The green represents a spring

the shaded black represents a tire valve

the black line represent PVC and caps

and the bent curve is ect, vinyl, tubing whatever

the light blue represents the air pressure

the grey represents metals, ie, a washer nut and screw

the think black represents a rubber washer

Now how the spring and washer work, is as the pressure decreases inside the tank, the spring pushes the metal and rubber washer forward to keep the air pressure constant per shot.

now to prevent the air pressure from backing behind the rubber washer is a metal washer, which will keep the rubber washer firm forward.

And Questions? Comments? Flames are expected as usual :[
SoothSayer-

"Just adding some lube and twisting it back and forth for a while should make it easier"

Subscribe to my Music page and mods >> http://www.youtube.com/user/OnyxMP312

#2 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:44 AM

This has been discussed before but to the best of my knowledge there hasn't been a thread about it...

The problem I can foresee arising has to do with the seal. What is to prevent the, for lack of a better way of putting it, plunger head from tilting and breaking seal? You would need to have the spring be perfectly centered.
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#3 OnyxZenith

OnyxZenith

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:47 AM

This has been discussed before but to the best of my knowledge there hasn't been a thread about it...

The problem I can foresee arising has to do with the seal. What is to prevent the, for lack of a better way of putting it, plunger head from tilting and breaking seal? You would need to have the spring be perfectly centered.

hmmm that too, well see this was made in like 15 mins :0 and I have school now so its not a good design :[, but I guess with that kind of problem, you'd need t have either: multiple springs, or a spring with enough force and a large diameter, prefferably one that fits the ID of a 2in PVC pipe

OR! *EDIT* add a larger screw and create that a guide line using the cap to center it from tilting

Edited by OnyxZenith, 25 August 2009 - 12:48 AM.

SoothSayer-

"Just adding some lube and twisting it back and forth for a while should make it easier"

#4 2iko

2iko

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:49 AM

Actually all you'd need is two rubber washers spaced apart enough and attached by a rod or something so that they'll stay stable. You could also just compensate for the smaller tank space by extending the length for how much you need to make it stable.

Edit: read your post after posting this, Onyx.

Having the rod/bolt longer and having it feed outside the tank is a good idea, it would actually tell you how full the tank is, too... Maybe a combination of our ideas would be best? Interesting.

Edited by 2iko, 25 August 2009 - 12:51 AM.

I have no sig so my posts cut off weird so I'm putting this here. XD

#5 OnyxZenith

OnyxZenith

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:52 AM

Actually all you'd need is two rubber washers spaced apart enough and attached by a rod or something so that they'll stay stable. You could also just compensate for the smaller tank space by extending the length for how much you need to make it stable.

HAH theres that too, but like I said this is all just theoretical, I'm sure changes and customizations are in order but I just felt like archiving my soon to be real ideas and see how people would respond to the idea, BUT when I get to drive I will attemp this modification... ooor until i get paid 200$ from my parents after i fix all the plumbing in my hose @o@
SoothSayer-

#6 OnyxZenith

OnyxZenith

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:56 AM

It's been done commercially.

The SuperSoaker Quick Blast:
Posted Image

And according to reviews, this group of buzzbee soakers have comparable spring-plunger chambers http://www.buzzbeeto...ulsemaster.html
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

HAHA oh yeah, well see thats super soaker :3 and this is for a magstrike, sooo that's about a 10x size difference? haha
SoothSayer-

#7 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:30 AM

Why not just make a bigger bladder? Like, out of latex hose. Nerf does it like that for a reason, it works.

#8 SorrowX

SorrowX

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:21 AM

Nerf does it like that for a reason, it works.

We, as modders, make it work better. Thats a pretty good concept. I've been looking for a way to increase the volume of air in the magstrike. As soon as I have one of these built (when i get a bit of money for parts) I'll let you know.
You may have the balls, but I have the lack of morality!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users