Gears's Content

There have been 629 items by Gears (Search limited from 31-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#182456 Socal Nerf Is Here To Stay!

Posted by Gears on 08 October 2008 - 06:34 PM in General Nerf

Male Nerf cheerleading?

I'd say that's a perfect ten on the awesome meter.

#334248 Blue Titan

Posted by Gears on 24 September 2013 - 02:38 PM in General Nerf

Titan AS-V, Titan AS-V.1, and Big Bad Titan are all names the Titan was launched under.

You're looking for the original Titan, aka Big Bad Titan. It was launched in Blue early 2004, then recoloured red and relaunched as part of the Unity Power System.

False.

#330851 Why You Should Come Nerf in Houston

Posted by Gears on 13 June 2013 - 06:00 PM in Nerf Wars

Is that a bandana on your arm?

Don't tell me you're one of those fucking zombies kids.

#334257 Blue Titan

Posted by Gears on 24 September 2013 - 10:58 PM in General Nerf

If your going to call me out, at least put up some evidence to support it.

What about my post do you disagree with? What evidence do you have to support your claims?

Shit, I'm just trying to help the poor guy out. My 'false' information is leaps and bounds over the one word tear down you offered.

No it's not because it's false.

Posted Image
USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

NO IMAGE MACROS

#160527 The Nerf Crossbow.

Posted by Gears on 26 June 2008 - 06:35 PM in General Nerf

Do they know what a stock is? Make sure you tell them the gun you want has a stock, unlike the BBB. Make sure you inquire about the color as well. The XBow is a deep, deep purple, compared to the BBB's bright purpleyness.

#319358 Magenta Mongols

Posted by Gears on 28 July 2012 - 12:45 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

#208290 A Shot Of Hunk With The Storbrouck Vulcan

Posted by Gears on 31 January 2009 - 03:47 PM in General Nerf

Isn't NBWS, like Ghost in a Shell, or something like that?

Do you ever plan on selling those Hunk masks!?!

Oh...Naija Blue Weapon Systems...Clever, clever.

#323819 Safety is always Important

Posted by Gears on 21 November 2012 - 11:51 PM in General Nerf

Maybe if he brushed and flossed daily his gums and roots would have better withstood the impact.

#313870 "My First 3B"

Posted by Gears on 02 April 2012 - 08:30 AM in Modifications

Thanks Beaver. This is a super good mod for a super good back-up/loaner gun. I'll be sure to point this in the direction of all the nerds in the PSU Urban Gaming Club.

#188617 Recon -armed- Barrel Leak...

Posted by Gears on 09 November 2008 - 08:53 PM in Modifications

Recon's not that good anyway. I have one that I singled and it still sucks balls, so I use it for indoor wars.

You don't know Muttonchops.

#185504 Dat Tag War?

Posted by Gears on 25 October 2008 - 01:10 PM in Nerf Wars

Will we all get to do a Mil-Sim round like the NStrike ad's with just NStrike guns!?!

I would rather not. I simply don't own a DT blaster.

#185471 A2 Quickload Power Blaster

Posted by Gears on 25 October 2008 - 08:06 AM in General Nerf

1. It's flywheel powered. It even says so on the gun.
2. Full auto.
3. Comes with one clip.
4. Looks good. Really good.
5. Airzone

I saw it at TrU a few days ago. I might pick one one up for HvZ.

#320777 Interested in a Central PA war???

Posted by Gears on 21 August 2012 - 01:57 PM in Nerf Wars

I could get a decent group of dudes to come if hosted in the state college area.

#344766 Best Stefan Foam

Posted by Gears on 03 February 2015 - 03:04 PM in Darts and Barrels

I have been using a pocket knife and carving off little bits of my moms memory foam mattress the past year and she hasn't noticed yet. The foam is thick, consistent, and is the only foam I can easily find by scent. You can't do this every war though so be careful!

#354643 Looking back at 14 years in the LGLF...

Posted by Gears on 28 June 2016 - 04:02 PM in Off Topic

I'm at work and I'm feeling emotional and this is my most favorite NerfHaven post in the entire world.

I love you guys so much. 

I love this clan, and the people who are in it.  It's been an incredible 14 year journey and I wouldn't trade it for anything.  I know we're scattered all over the country now, and I'm well past my nerf expiration date, but I'll keep going if you do.  Thanks guys. 

I'll try to keep up.

#176205 Link's Big Blaster - Zelda Theme Bbbb+dtb

Posted by Gears on 09 September 2008 - 06:32 PM in Modifications

I hate the paint job simply because Zelda games need to die, all of them. They're a virus.

But it looks good if i just block out the paint job.

The Zelda games are some of the best RPGs ever created, and in some sense even defined the genre.

Nope. It was D&D...and maybe Rogue.

On topic, that looks amazing. I love the look, and I can see all of Hyrules guards ready to kick some Moblin butt. Do you have plans for some other Zelda inspired paint-jobs? On paint jobs based on any other video game for that matter?

#258902 Nerf Wars In Delaware

Posted by Gears on 13 December 2009 - 07:42 PM in Nerf Wars

I'd be pretty game for a Delaware war. Anywhere near Newark/Wilmington/New Castle area?

#344438 OMW Longstrike Immortal kit ... its here.

Posted by Gears on 20 January 2015 - 12:48 PM in Modifications

I installed mine yesterday and it seems to shoot visibly harder than my OMW Alpha Trooper and Rampage. I'll be running the Immortal Longstrike through its paces in a few weeks at the Bowling Green HvZ Winter Invitational, but until then, I'll spend time making it functionally a better blaster for HvZ purposes.

Did yours not come with catch springs either?

#335641 Pre-Christmas with Kyle and Koree

Posted by Gears on 26 November 2013 - 01:35 PM in Nerf Wars

I can't make it. Have a happy holiday.

Thank you and may peace be with you.

#335944 Pre-Christmas with Kyle and Koree

Posted by Gears on 15 December 2013 - 12:20 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry guys, but I think I'm going to have to shut it down. The interest is there, but with too much conflict between the two dates, we can put this on hold or wait for an NJW War. The next war I'll be hosting will be in mid-February, with a really cool twist.

#199796 A Very Strange Find...

Posted by Gears on 30 December 2008 - 04:07 PM in General Nerf

Wow, I need to pick some of them up for my crossbow...

Best not be stealin' my gimmick.
Posted Image
War-capable? Not really.
Fun? Hellz yes.

#199364 Expanding Foam

Posted by Gears on 28 December 2008 - 01:44 PM in Modifications

I'm willing to bet he knows that, but his point still stands, why does your gun need to be quite when you're 20 feet from the target

Nerf mafia got it. The foams also going to protect your internals as well. I'd feel a lot more confident in dropping my blaster to the ground knowing theres foam to absorb the shock of the fall. I'm sure the sound is also for the actual person firing the blaster.

Granted, I'm pretty sure it's just another thing someone can say they did to their blaster. I hope you can see where I'm going with this.

#346418 [IL] S.C.S.N.W. Presents... Foam-Zilla! (NERF WAR)

Posted by Gears on 25 April 2015 - 12:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Pumped for tomorrow more normal people should come

#345988 [IL] S.C.S.N.W. Presents... Foam-Zilla! (NERF WAR)

Posted by Gears on 03 April 2015 - 10:54 AM in Nerf Wars

Just wanted to let everyone know I will be there as well. If anyone has any specific gametypes or something new they want to try, post it up here or in the Facebook group, and we'll do our best to squeeze it in.

#285760 The Most Importantest Birthday Ever!

Posted by Gears on 19 September 2010 - 11:39 PM in Off Topic

Between my dinner coming so closely to splashing all over Koree's dash and Chops passing out in the backseat, we decided to best head home. Next time though, for sure.

#335638 Pre-Christmas with Kyle and Koree

Posted by Gears on 26 November 2013 - 12:23 PM in Nerf Wars

Koree and I are looking to host a Nerf war in late December. The two options are either:

a.) December 21st

or

b.) December 28th

Let us know which weekends look best for you. Standard slug rules apply. The war will be hosted at the Lighthouse Hall field in Eddystone PA.

#285737 The Most Importantest Birthday Ever!

Posted by Gears on 19 September 2010 - 04:47 PM in Off Topic

Was late for grz's birthday.....but still wants to know if he can have some glamour shots to make shirts to wear to Michael Cera GRZ movies and also Ellen Page RAGE movies.

I ignored your last PM for a reason. Just use Cera's face.

#285711 The Most Importantest Birthday Ever!

Posted by Gears on 18 September 2010 - 11:14 PM in Off Topic

Not only did I accept everything that Vacc gave me, but also the drink offered by Jax, Split, Chops, Koree, and FlamingCow.

Where are my underwear?

BUT SERIOUSLY THANKS FOR THE SUPER FUN TIME TODAY WITH MY BESTEST OF BUDDIES <3S FOR ALL OF YOU

#293403 Ohio Revolution Preparation

Posted by Gears on 26 January 2011 - 07:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Bob, I'm sorry, but what the fuck is your problem? Do you just go around all day gargling buckets of diarrhea and chuckling to yourself as you muck about on an obscure hobby forum?

Your post was a stupid image macro thrown into a thread you had no purpose being in, and offered nothing of value. Yeah, I said image macro. Technically, yes, it does not fit the 'definition,' but I think most of us use the term image macro interchangeably with "stupid image that makes the internet dumber." Then, go ahead and correct an administrator how you were not 'doing anything wrong,' all the while smiling smugly to yourself for beating the system.

Please, just shut up. You are a plague upon the internet, and likely humanity. We don't need your goddamn opinion on every single thing that pops up. Ever hear the phrase "Silence is Golden?" How about you try that for a while. Now, I won't be able to read your response, as you will be the third person added to my ignore list. Either way, go gargle on a cock, and have a nice day.

He posted an image that I for one found funny. You, on the other hand, are being a total ass where you have no place to be.

Brit, we're going to be getting the actual thread up soon, just so you know.

lolumad!

#285773 The Most Importantest Birthday Ever!

Posted by Gears on 20 September 2010 - 01:20 PM in Off Topic

Between my dinner coming so closely to splashing all over Koree's dash and Chops passing out in the backseat, we decided to best head home. Next time though, for sure.

fuck you too buddy

<3<3<3<3<3

Chops and I want a rematch. and I wouldn't want you nursing my stomach. I mean, then I'd have to be shirtless. And we know exactly how that would turn out.

And s'all good, Prince. I like to jump four foot red dick poles too!

#175215 Cpvc Crossbow Write-up

Posted by Gears on 05 September 2008 - 06:55 PM in Modifications

That's a million. I remembered you posted this on the HQ before the 2 month setback. I was looking for it everywhere.

All the praise that I could say has already been said. Props.

#199361 Expanding Foam

Posted by Gears on 28 December 2008 - 01:36 PM in Modifications

Silencers are useless in nerf. You shoot people from 20 feet away normally and they're not loud to begin with. Would you like to explain to me the point of this?

I believe he means using FBR to line the inside shell of a blaster to quiet to the loud snap or thud of a plunger hitting a plunger tube, rather than using a barrel supresser. I know a lot of people do this with Pump Shotguns and Doomsayers, where there is an awful amount of dead-space in the stocks. The foam used in the Xbow above would be an example. The foam just absorbs sound.

#180486 Biking To Wars

Posted by Gears on 29 September 2008 - 05:54 PM in Off Topic

I might keep a pocket knife and a pellet pistol which is just as dangerous as a real gun.

I think you've said enough.

And your parents must not care about you a whole lot to let you disappear for a course of 2 days, and not notify police.

#346488 How to deal with people

Posted by Gears on 01 May 2015 - 11:41 AM in Off Topic

I think "Don't be a dick" is a shitty rule. I prefer "don't be a pussy."

BEAT HIS ASS #WWRGD

In all seriousness though, I thankfully can't recall a single instance back in PA/NJ where this became a constant issue. Now that I'm playing in Chicago, it's an even bigger blessing that even with the new players who have been popping their war cherries, I haven't had an issue with a single person yet.

#343300 NSFWar

Posted by Gears on 03 December 2014 - 09:51 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm not sure which category Slugs fall into. But yeah man. Pick a weekend over the next month or so and I can totes commit. Haven't nerfed in a few months, and I'm itching to get out and play.

#330633 Submit your Avatars

Posted by Gears on 07 June 2013 - 01:05 PM in Site Feedback

Can I have a custom Ryan Gosling avatar?!

#336181 First nerf of the New Year

Posted by Gears on 31 December 2013 - 12:25 AM in Nerf Wars

I like the enthusiasm, but I can't make it. See you guys ASAP!

#342787 NSFWar

Posted by Gears on 10 November 2014 - 10:06 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll be heading back to the East Coast for Thanksgiving, so unfortunately I'll be out. Next one though!

#171532 Look What I Found

Posted by Gears on 22 August 2008 - 12:58 PM in General Nerf

Is it just me, or is this thing begging to be mounted onto the bed of a pick-up truck?

#343309 NSFWar

Posted by Gears on 04 December 2014 - 10:06 AM in Nerf Wars

I can probably swing it.

I can def make it if Ryan's hotness pullbacks are done in time.