The Nerf Crossbow.

i need some help

12 replies to this topic

#1 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:30 PM

I know this topic may not be in the right spot, but I thought I should put it here because it is about a nerf blaster.

Anyways. So I am searching for the all holy nerf crossbow. Recently i have been talking to friends about how i would love to get my hands on one, because of all of its positive attributes as in its comfyness, its range, its accuracy, its reliability, and all other sorts of good nerfy stuff. But being of how all of my friends are young and around 13 they didnt get a chance to ever lay their eyes on any other guns except for the N-strike. So i am left with one other thing, asking my freinds if they have this great gun. Some say they do, others say they dont. For those who say they do i go in all out investigation talking to them about a trade with their gun. So we get all the talking over then i go over to buy it and what happens? It turns out it is the Big bad Bow, not the crossbow. This has happened several times so i ask you this question. what can i ask that will tell me if it is the gun i am looking for. like asking if it shot arrows and darts or other questions seperating the crossbow and the BBB.

EJ

#2 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:35 PM

Do they know what a stock is? Make sure you tell them the gun you want has a stock, unlike the BBB. Make sure you inquire about the color as well. The XBow is a deep, deep purple, compared to the BBB's bright purpleyness.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#3 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:35 PM

Well, the Cross bow has the big green priming handle...

You don't pull the actual gun back. Maybe just be more specific? Say that it's purple and square, and not purple and round?
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#4 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:44 PM

Oh i wasnt aware of the color scheeme and thought there was more colors of the crossbow.

#5 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:03 PM

Say it has horizontal arms, not vertical ones. Say it doesn't have a sight, and mention the cocking rod too.
Oh and fix your grammar, your i s should be dotted, just so no one flames you.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#6 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:24 PM

Just print out a picture of the gun and ask them if they have that gun.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#7 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:11 PM

If there's one thing that annoys me, it's people confusing BBB's as crossbows. Not just confusion between different nerf guns, but also on ebay and a youtube video I saw once, people kept calling the BBB a crossbow. The arms aren't horizontal, so it doesn't make a cross, which means it's no a crossbow! But if you want your friends to stop mistaking BBB's for crossbows, just show them a picture or be more specific. For example, you could say that a crossbow is dark purple with yellow, green, and black accents, and that it has a stock with a priming handle inside it, and that it does NOT have orange on it. That paints a pretty clear picture of what it looks like, as long as you know what crossbows in general usually look like.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#8 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:14 PM

Actually now that I think about it I was in the same situation as you were. My grandma was garage-saling and she called me and told me that she got two crossbow looking nerf guns. I wished they was actually crossbows but I knew that it was not likely, and was most likely BBB's. So I thought, yay now I have two BBB's. But when she came to my house to drop them off they ended up being two crossbow's.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#9 Vishamon

Vishamon

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:31 PM

Actually now that I think about it I was in the same situation as you were. My grandma was garage-saling and she called me and told me that she got two crossbow looking nerf guns. I wished they was actually crossbows but I knew that it was not likely, and was most likely BBB's. So I thought, yay now I have two BBB's. But when she came to my house to drop them off they ended up being two crossbow's.

If I am to understand your improbable situation correctly, you are now, in fact, in the opposite situation of ejrassmussen.
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 8 2009, 08:40 AM) View Post

I think everyone who reads or contributes to this site needs to take a big stap back and reallize we're discussing nerf guns. The fate of absolutely NOTHING important depends on what you, me, or anyone else does

#10 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:56 PM

If I am to understand your improbable situation correctly, you are now, in fact, in the opposite situation of ejrassmussen.

Improbable? Oh no, don't doubt him. Our group has 4 Crossbows, and we spent maybe $10 total on all of them. Our first two were those two, from his grandma. And he was talkin' about the Crossbow/BBB confusion, not the actual getting a Crossbow or not.

#11 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:33 AM

First you don't have to rely on friends having it, you could go to thrift stores, garage sales, and the internet to try to find one.
If you can't do that you could explain it by saying it has the bow part going horizontally and not vertically, the barrel is above the bow part and shoots arrows and mega darts, it has 2 circles cut out in the sides with the yellow of the plunger tube in it, a green cocking handle inside the stock, the stock has a black (grip) on it and another grip under the cutouts, you can mention the color scheme, and it has small oval shaped holes along the top sides of the gun below the barrel.

#12 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:08 AM

ejrasmussen, fix your grammar. I'm going to assume for now that you and your friends "around 13" are 13 or older, or else I will bounce your ass out of here. Don't make it so obvious by posting like this is an IM window.
I hate you.

#13 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:28 PM

ejrasmussen, fix your grammar. I'm going to assume for now that you and your friends "around 13" are 13 or older, or else I will bounce your ass out of here. Don't make it so obvious by posting like this is an IM window.

I can assure you I am older than thirteen. If you would like I could take a picture of my ID.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users