Poseidon's Content

There have been 170 items by Poseidon (Search limited from 19-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#160533 The Best Double Shot Mod Ever

Posted by Poseidon on 26 June 2008 - 07:16 PM in Modifications

Sorry for reviving an old article, but I'm currently trying to make my DS have no need for shells. I'm just wondering if you could avoid taking out the spring and orange ring by just pushing them in with the piping. I don't see why it would make a difference but...

#160633 Shield W/ Double Nitefinder?

Posted by Poseidon on 27 June 2008 - 11:18 AM in Modifications

Recently, I took two Nitefinders and put them together like mayhem did here:
http://nerfhaven.com...wtopic=3932&hl=
So, I was wondering if anybody thinks it would be a good idea to attach at shield like object to the side to be used as a deflector (possibly the crossfire shield?). You see, I really liked the manta ray but at the moment I don't have one so I was trying to duplicate its idea with two Nitefinders. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

#160701 Primary Guns

Posted by Poseidon on 27 June 2008 - 05:21 PM in General Nerf

Double Nitefinder. I hate most rapid fire guns... too inaccurate.

#160704 Shield W/ Double Nitefinder?

Posted by Poseidon on 27 June 2008 - 05:32 PM in Modifications

Thanks guys... I really didn't even think of making my own manta shell so that would be a possible solution. But, I'm getting a new crossfire tonight, so I'll probably go with the shield. It might look a little awkward though... so I'd still greatly appreciate any other ideas. I mean, sadly enough, I use generally as my primary so I want it to be useful battle-wise and look cool. (Yes I know what you're thinking, I am a little crazy for using a pistol for my primary...)

#160715 Shield W/ Double Nitefinder?

Posted by Poseidon on 27 June 2008 - 07:21 PM in Modifications

I actually do not play in formal wars. I more just play games with my brother and friends. And, considering I'm the nerf "expert" with my group, anything I say pretty much goes... :D

#160724 Shield W/ Double Nitefinder?

Posted by Poseidon on 27 June 2008 - 08:54 PM in Modifications

Point taken, but at least most of the time I don't use taggers.

#161271 Double Nitefinder

Posted by Poseidon on 02 July 2008 - 05:00 PM in Modifications

Hey guys, this is my first posted mod so bear with me. What I did was basically a Double Nitefinder with some twists. So first off allow me to explain what I'm going to do; minimize, double and "supe up". I'll apologize in advance for my slightly discolored pictures. Hopefully you'll find it in your hearts to forgive me for my incompetence.

So here's what you need:
-Two Nitefinders
-Hot Glue Gun (with glue :rolleyes: )
-Sharpie (optional)
-Screwdriver
-Any kind of saw that makes you happy.
-Wire Cutters (not pictured)

(Note:Other materials will be used later but are optional.)

For any of you visual people, here's what you'll need:
Posted Image

First, what you're going to want to do, is your basic air restrictor removal and any other barrel mods you want to do on the two Nitefinders. Then, while the gun is still opened up, unscrew the silly "laser" fixture. You'll then need to cut off the wires like so:
Posted Image

Next, take out those little amo holders; you'll need those later. Now put it back together and it should look like this (I didn't put my internals back in yet but you should to save time):
Posted Image

Once that is done, cut the part where the amo holders used to be, in between the yellow and the gray. There will still be a little thread holding on, but you can just rip it off. Note: This will remove the yellow part that the barrel used to go through up top. This is done for minimization. It should now look like this:
Posted Image

Now, make a line like I have on the handles. This will be where you will cut to have the handles connected. The place that you cut should vary depending on your hand size:
Posted Image

Now cut away! It will now look like this:
Posted Image

Note:ALL OF THIS SHOULD BE DONE TO BOTH GUNS!

Now, take both guns and your handy-dandy hot glue gun. Slap on a bunch of glue and it should look like this:
Posted Image
Notice, I also added some of those extra amo slots to where we cut off that big piece before with a bunch of hot glue. Not only is this practical for carrying amo, but it also makes it look cooler.

Now, if you were really boring, you could call it quits. But, I think not! I added some extra things that make the gun cooler and more practical.

1.Electrical tape around the handle to make it more sturdy and easier to grip.
2.More amo slots in strategically placed areas.
3.Most importantly; a Crossfire Shield to protect the wrist. In place of this, you could use an old Manta shell or make one yourself.

So, this is what mine looked like in the end:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope you have found this entertaining to say the least! Questions and comments are greatly appreciated. Hopefully this one will end up in The Directory. And once again, I apologize for the discoloration! :D

#161272 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Poseidon on 02 July 2008 - 05:07 PM in Modifications

My Double Nitefinder:

Posted Image

I hate Photobucket and its out of focusness.

#161275 Double Nitefinder

Posted by Poseidon on 02 July 2008 - 05:14 PM in Modifications

It's actually holding up quite well. There is a whole crap load of hot glue on there so it works just fine. And, I have tried that idea about dropping it in the grass... generally. It has held up just fine and I've had it for a few weeks now. And Renegademilitia15, I did mod both before the "doubling". Sorry I wasn't more clear!

#161278 Double Nitefinder

Posted by Poseidon on 02 July 2008 - 06:07 PM in Modifications

It actually does work quite well as a shield. It doesn't restrict wrist movement so you can move it freely about to deflect darts that might normally hit you. And, I was going to do some barrel replacements but I'm currently out of barrel material so I'm going to do it some other time.

#162529 Double Nitefinder

Posted by Poseidon on 12 July 2008 - 03:44 PM in Modifications

Personally, I think the rope or wire or whatever you guys are talking about, really isn't worth it. First of all it might save you a second if your lucky, but it really wouldn't be that hard to just cock the other one while you're at it. Second of all, your hand would have to be at the exact middle of the rope otherwise one might cock while the other doesn't. I just don't see the real use of it...

#162547 Who Likes The N64? Nintendo?

Posted by Poseidon on 12 July 2008 - 07:33 PM in Modifications

I suppose it would be convenient... all your friends think you just were vacuuming early that day then WHAM! They get nailed with a high powered house holed cleaning utensil. How embarrassing... nice.

#162776 Double Nitefinder

Posted by Poseidon on 14 July 2008 - 03:37 PM in Modifications

The Manta is what I basically built this Double Nitefinder on. And, with it, I attempted to fix all the flaws I found in it. In the end, I think I pretty much met that goal. Thanks for the encouragement :D .

#162791 Nite-finder Mrt-6

Posted by Poseidon on 14 July 2008 - 06:08 PM in Modifications

I tried doing something very similar with a NF and a turret from a Tommy 20. Although it was very cool, it only had about a 20 foot range. How were you able to make the seal in between the turret and the barrel tight enough to get 60 and still have it able to rotate?

#162792 The Violator

Posted by Poseidon on 14 July 2008 - 06:12 PM in Modifications

This actually makes the dart tag blasters seem like they can do some good in the world. Nice.

#162903 The Solar Flare

Posted by Poseidon on 15 July 2008 - 05:40 PM in Modifications

So does the expendable barrel part actually stay on when you fire it? Whenever I've attempted to do something of the sort, it always ends up flying off and hitting the nearest innocent pedestrian...

#162911 Weighting Stefans With Pennies

Posted by Poseidon on 15 July 2008 - 06:08 PM in Modifications

Why would you possibly put pennies in a dart anyways? I mean, I'm just starting high school, but I can figure at least that much out...

#162985 Other Projects

Posted by Poseidon on 16 July 2008 - 10:56 AM in Off Topic

I used to do HO, but with N scale you can fit a lot more in.

#162986 Favorite Video Game Weapon

Posted by Poseidon on 16 July 2008 - 11:04 AM in Off Topic

Kingdom Hearts 2 Keyblade: Ferinir
Gloin's hammer from Battle for Middle Earth 2

#162988 Pvc Probs

Posted by Poseidon on 16 July 2008 - 11:23 AM in Modifications

I've been a somewhat serious nerf modifier for about a year now and my modded weaponry never seems to work as well as it should. Although this could have something to do with my modding skills (or lack there of) it actually seems to be with the barrel replacements I use. Unfortunately, I have needed to use copper barrels for all of my replacements because all of the 1/2 inch PVC in the Lowes and Home Depots in my area are to small to hold a dart. Do I need to do something to the dart/PVC to make it work? Or do I need to find another kind of PVC (I was thinking thin walled but there seems to be no such thing)? All help is welcome. Thank you in advance!

#163013 A New Dart I Made, The Saberdart

Posted by Poseidon on 16 July 2008 - 04:28 PM in Homemades

Cool idea, but that would hurt like heck if it got in your eye... details of course.

#163135 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by Poseidon on 17 July 2008 - 07:39 PM in General Nerf

Currently:

Double Nitefinder
Nitebow
Firefly
Dart Tag Blaster
Crossfire
Maverick
Maverick (destroyed for parts)
Supermax 750
Tommy 20 (engine removed)
Recon
Big Bad Bow w/ DTD integration

Going in and out of my Stock:

Double Shot
Firefly (finicky)
Longshot (brokenish)

#165015 The Shagnasty Mav Mod

Posted by Poseidon on 28 July 2008 - 06:36 PM in Modifications

Very cool. Just one question, planning on going on any crusades with that cross gun? :)

#165133 Bbb 11?

Posted by Poseidon on 29 July 2008 - 11:53 AM in Modifications

Anywho... I just bought my first BBB (woo) and I did the standard AR removal and singling with a crayola barrel. After all that was said and done, I was so impressed by the range that I wanted more. So, I was thinking, would it be practical to add the 10 shot DTG to the front of it where the foregrip is. I would just place it upside down after cutting the BBB's foregrip off and cutting the two DTG's handles from the trigger down. Now before you all go biting my head off about using the Search Engine, I tried but failed miserably. So even if you can just give me a link to something on here (if there is such a thing...) that would be greatly appreciated. My only worry is that it would make sharpshooting a lot more difficult and the maneuverability too limited. Also, I wasn't sure if it would be too difficult to cock the DTG or the BBB. Anyways, any advise is appreciated. Thanks!

#165167 Bbb 11?

Posted by Poseidon on 29 July 2008 - 01:44 PM in Modifications

Yea thanks Rouge warrior, I had thought I had seen it some where but I had no desire to go through all 98 pages on the off chance it was there. But, I found it, thanks. Hopefully mine will turn out okay too.
Here it is in case anyone is wondering:

http://nerfhaven.com...ic=5250&st=1365

It's a few pics down.

#165179 11 Shot Magstrike

Posted by Poseidon on 29 July 2008 - 02:20 PM in Modifications

It seems like a lot of trouble for one shot, but I guess every shot counts! Nice one.

#165220 Big Bad Easy!

Posted by Poseidon on 29 July 2008 - 05:32 PM in Modifications

As true as this may be, the idea has been posted in a thousand other places WITH pics so...

#165688 ''i Can Read Your Mind''

Posted by Poseidon on 31 July 2008 - 03:16 PM in Off Topic

No kidding, it shows all the possible answers with the same symbol next to it. Still, it is fairly amusing. It's all just math...

#165689 Kbtoys Sale

Posted by Poseidon on 31 July 2008 - 03:23 PM in General Nerf

If your point is to inform us on the audacity of this KBToys to make such an "amazing" step towards Nerf gun price salvation, at least tell us where it is located in NE Ohio.

#165696 Rescue Tape

Posted by Poseidon on 31 July 2008 - 04:40 PM in Modifications

That would be very useful... The E-Tape I use begins to wear off after a lot of air pressure so it would be nice.

#165816 Nerf Sayings

Posted by Poseidon on 01 August 2008 - 12:02 PM in General Nerf

Something that involves:

To Avoid Injury:
Only use darts designed for this product.
Do not modify darts or dart blasters.

#165917 Double Crossfire

Posted by Poseidon on 01 August 2008 - 07:35 PM in Modifications

Although it sis not normally seen with Crossfires, the "x2" genre isn't exactly anything new. There are already I think 3 Double NF write-ups on here so just applying it to Crossfires wouldn't be that tricky.

#165977 Double Crossfire

Posted by Poseidon on 02 August 2008 - 09:06 AM in Modifications

Plus is there any good way of holding it tightly without accidentally shooting it?

#165978 My Maverick

Posted by Poseidon on 02 August 2008 - 09:10 AM in Modifications

Maybe I was doing something wrong, but the straw mod never really worked out for me at least. The first time I did it, it made the gun useless and the second time it just decreased the range by a little. Not that I wouldn't try it again on an unimportant Maverick, but it sounds like you've spent a lot of time on it, and it might not be worth the risk. Then again, it could only mess up the barrel so if you've got some extras, why not?

#165979 Vulcan Range Test

Posted by Poseidon on 02 August 2008 - 09:15 AM in General Nerf

These are very impressive considering a lot of lightly modded guns don't even get those ranges.

#165983 Blast Mav / Double Discshot

Posted by Poseidon on 02 August 2008 - 10:51 AM in Modifications

It kind of looks as if the Maverick barrel is crooked. Or is that just the picture? The x2 DS looks really cool though. It looks a lot more natural than the Double NF.

#165984 Barrelling Material Question

Posted by Poseidon on 02 August 2008 - 10:53 AM in General Nerf

Although I would be tempted to say PETG, the brass is the only stuff I can get my hands on.

#166137 The Dark Knight

Posted by Poseidon on 03 August 2008 - 10:05 AM in Off Topic

One of the things I thought they never really tied up in the movie was the whole thing with Scarecrow. I mean, it shows him in the beginning with that silly bag of his over his head but it never really showed whether he got caught or anything so I thought he was just going to show up later in the movie... but he didn't. What's up with that?

#166190 How Much More Do Stefans Hurt

Posted by Poseidon on 03 August 2008 - 03:11 PM in Homemades

I have the same kind of problem with my parents not wanting anything that could cause even minor injury. So, all I do is take the head off of a stock dart and put one or two small balls of clay down it. Sometimes the pieces of clay fly out, but if you have them stuck to the sides correctly, they won't. They get about a 5-10ft addition (not quite as good as a normal stefen) but they don't hurt at all so they're pretty nice. :D

#166220 What To Do?

Posted by Poseidon on 03 August 2008 - 05:15 PM in General Nerf

Yes, (or as said many times before by those more wise then me...) use the Search engine button on any guns that catch your eye.