navy seal's Content

There have been 268 items by navy seal (Search limited from 22-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#91245 Intro/ Got An Idea.

Posted by navy seal on 04 October 2006 - 07:44 PM in Homemades

So, I'm just gonna gut an AT3k for it's valve, hook that upto a pressurized gas either Air or CO2, and have the auto cocker ram and what ever cycling the bolt. That'll make things alot easier. Might even put the whole thing inside my longshot.

I don't think a plastic air tank will work with CO2 or compressed air.(it might explode) You could probably use a regulator.???

Here is a mod for a brass eagle paintball gun to fire nerf darts: Yakman's paintball mod

I also play paintball and nerf. I have a tippmann 98 custom

#91157 Handle Bending

Posted by navy seal on 03 October 2006 - 05:12 PM in Modifications

I am sure you would be able to run a dowel or metal rod through the existing pump handles shaft.

That won't work because the pump is not hollow

pat: I'm going to use cpvc like you said but I have to sand the pump shaft a little bit to fit it in the cpvc. I'll post how it works when I'm done.

#91137 Handle Bending

Posted by navy seal on 03 October 2006 - 02:03 PM in Modifications

Why is the pump handle on the rf20 so weak? It feels like its going to break when I pump the gun up. What could I do to make it stronger? I was thinking of cutting the handle off before where the oring is and attaching a dowel or pice of pvc to it. I don't want to put a different pump on it.

#91102 Broken Hornet?

Posted by navy seal on 02 October 2006 - 08:52 PM in Modifications

Thats a good idea but I'm just going to cut the broken air tank off and glue the tubing closed. I just need to go buy some super glue and 2 small hose clamps.

#91100 Broken Rf20?

Posted by navy seal on 02 October 2006 - 08:47 PM in Modifications

Does it still fire the darts? The air restrictors have nothing to do with the guns internals so something probably wasn't put back in where it should go.

When I put my rf20 back together I didn't put the slector switch on right so when screwed the black case on and the gun wouldn't fire because the slector was jammed. If you can post pictures that might help or just find a picture of an open rf20 in a mod and compare it to yours.

#91099 Types Of Piping

Posted by navy seal on 02 October 2006 - 08:35 PM in Modifications

I use cpvc for all of my guns and it works great for all of them. I stretch my foam before I make my darts so its loose enogh in pump guns and tight enough for spring guns. If you want to use stock darts use crayolas and pvc, but if you want to use stefans use brass or cpvc.

The two reasons I don't use brass are: I can't find it anywhere and its expensive. I can buy 10' of cpvc for the price of one foot of brass.

The difference between cpvc and pvc is the size. 1/2" pvc is really 5/8" inner diameter and 1/2" cpvc is 1/2" inner diameter. Also they have different uses in plumbing.

#91080 Broken Hornet?

Posted by navy seal on 02 October 2006 - 05:15 PM in Modifications

Sorry for the double post but,

I'm going to cut the tubing that goes to the bottom two barrels and super glue a screw on the tubing, then I'm going to put a hose clamp around the screw in the tubing. Would there be a better way to seal the tubing?

I'm hoping this won't mess up the semi auto trigger mechanism, but I don't think it will because the barrels I'm cutting off are the bottom ones which fire last. So after I fire the first four barrels I'll just recock and repump.

#91042 Singled Mav. Works Well

Posted by navy seal on 02 October 2006 - 09:00 AM in Modifications

Anyone else smell a new replacement for the old nightfinder, or is it just me. :P

I smell some bs ranges or some innacurate measuring.

Use a 100' tape measure and hold the gun parallel to the ground.

#91019 Moding A Double Shot From Buzzbee Toys

Posted by navy seal on 01 October 2006 - 08:42 PM in Modifications

Put gun back in package, return to store and get nite finder for same price. Then modify nite finder.

Someone tried to modify the shells and got about 30' but theres not much you can do it because the plungers are so small.

#90994 Broken Hornet?

Posted by navy seal on 01 October 2006 - 05:21 PM in Modifications

When I was sanding out the air restrictors with my dremel I went to far in one of the barrels and went into the airtank so now when I pump it the air comes right out the hole in the tank pump it the air. When I look down the barrel can see the black valve peice.

So the gun has been sitting for a while like that and I opened it up today lookin for ideas of how to fix it. I can't seal the hole in the air tank so the bottom right tank needs to be cut off. I was thinking of cutting the tubes to the bottom two barrels off and glueing them closed. The bottom barrels are the tubes connected to the top of the firing mechanism and the top four barrels are connected to the bottom of the firing mechanismN-strike Hornet

Would epoxy work to seal the holes?

#90980 Hornet Mod Help

Posted by navy seal on 01 October 2006 - 03:25 PM in Modifications

Ok. Take the gun and open it. Then take the pump and pull it out of the tube its in. Look at the opposite end that the handle is on, there should be a small hole. Next get your hot glue gun and fill the hole with hot glue. Don't put to much cause you want it flush with the end of the pump. Then put the pump back in its tube and your good to go.

#90976 Hornet Mod Help

Posted by navy seal on 01 October 2006 - 03:09 PM in Modifications

Be careful when drilling/sanding out the air restrictors that you don't go to far. I boke my gun because I sanded to far and went in to the air tank on the fifth barrel. So now when I pump the air fills in the last barrel on the bottom and then just leaks out of the fifth and doesn't fill the others. :D

I would suggest not sanding out the white disks so you don't even get close to the air tanks.

#90312 Most Rediculous Maverick Mod Ever

Posted by navy seal on 24 September 2006 - 09:38 AM in Modifications

You should built your idea in a maverick shell with internals and when you have the hinge and barrels working you should put a nite finder plunger in there. Someone already fit nite finder internals in a maverick.(will post link)

If you cut the maverick shell right behind the where the turret is you could attach a hinge at the bottom and it would "break" open, like in the first post. I think the hinge would be better than magnets because it would hold better.

The only way I can think of your moon clip working is the front of it hold the darts and there barrels and the back creates the seal with the plunger tube. Try taking the mav turret apart and maybe using the back peice that creates the seal as the clip.

good luck on your project. It seems more likely to work than all the noobs that post about things that are impossible............like a Rf100

#90266 Rf100

Posted by navy seal on 23 September 2006 - 02:49 PM in Modifications

I think this topic should be closed until General has BUILT something and can show us pictures.

General joined 50 days ago and has over 200 posts already I think he needs a ban for a few weeks.

#90263 A Few General Questions...

Posted by navy seal on 23 September 2006 - 02:32 PM in Modifications

If your new to modding the easiest way to mod a blatfire is take pliars and pull the poles out of the barrels to fire stefans. If your do open the gun up to put different barrels on don't lose any peices or touch the spring on the green slide.

You can always stretch your foam to fit in cpvc or other tight barrels. I cut my foam in 3' sections and strech it before I cut my darts so they fit in the cpvc, which is what I use for all my guns.

#90261 Stefans Question

Posted by navy seal on 23 September 2006 - 02:26 PM in Off Topic

A lot of people like to use 1 1/2", but because I use cpvc for my my guns I prefer 1 1/4". It makes loading easier and I can make more darts out of a roll of foam. Just don't make them shorter than 1" and you'll be fine.

#89049 How Do I Post Pics?

Posted by navy seal on 04 September 2006 - 08:09 PM in Off Topic

In the time it took you to make this thread you could have searched and found the results right away. Also how to post pics is stickied in the Site Feedback section.

#88761 New Caution Label?

Posted by navy seal on 01 September 2006 - 09:28 PM in Modifications

Sorry about the wrong forum, this should be in general nerf

Like nitewalk said , it says on the box that its block 99,9% of UVA and UVB rays. But why is this on a nerf gun?

#88721 New Caution Label?

Posted by navy seal on 01 September 2006 - 01:33 PM in Modifications

I just got my magstike at walmart today and I was the reading the directions and it says on the caution label:

caution:Do not aim at eyes or face.
Do not look directly at the sun.
Use only darts designed for this product.
Do not modify darts or dart blasters.
Always wear VISION GEAR eyeware provided.

I never follow the caution anyway, but why does it say don't look at the sun?

#88378 High-cap Mags For The Longshot?

Posted by navy seal on 26 August 2006 - 08:13 PM in Modifications

I would be worried about going to pull the mag out and the bottom one breaking off. I like having 2 seperate mags so you could have one in the gun and load the other one when your not shooting. The double mag gives you a big advantage because you have 13 shots before you have to reload and everyone else has a single barrel or turret on thier gun.

#88364 My First Mod Attempt = T.t

Posted by navy seal on 26 August 2006 - 02:46 PM in Modifications

I would buy rosearts because they don't have large rigdes in the back like crayolas, that need to be dremmeled out. OR you can put the stock barrel back on with the air restrictors removed and you wil get better performance. Just make sure to hot glue in between the plunger tube, air restrictor and stock barrel. You will probably need to put a rubber band around the front of the gun and back to the plunger becuase the spring in the blue/yellow nf is weaker than in the older blue/siver nf.

Does the gray/green one have the same spring as your other one?

#88263 Nf Video! Clip Action!

Posted by navy seal on 24 August 2006 - 08:10 PM in Modifications

Your not getting single barreled nf ranges because the plunger has to pull the pump too. I use bbsize splishot fishing weights for my 1 1/4" darts in all my guns. You may want to make longer darts because of stability

How do you load it?

#88257 My First Mod Attempt = T.t

Posted by navy seal on 24 August 2006 - 07:27 PM in Modifications

My whole arsenal of 20+ guns was modded with crayolas before I started using stefans. I now have over 45 guns modded with cpvc to use stefans. I know what I'm doing.

The constriction in the crayola is good because you can put thinner darts farther back so they are tight in the barrel or you put thicker darts in until they are tight. It also holds the dart in the barrel longer to build up pressure so there is better range. Dremmeling the rigdes out of the back mean that you can stick the darts in farther because the ridges kept the dart from going all the way in.

mooseydoom, which nite finder do you have, the old blue and silver one or the new blue and yellow one?

#88231 My First Mod Attempt = T.t

Posted by navy seal on 24 August 2006 - 05:40 PM in Modifications

Flaming, have you read any posts beside the first one. First he's not using brass anymore and he doesn't even have a crayola on the gun. READ ALL OF THE POSTS

moosey, a roseart marker would be better because it doesn't have ridges in it and crayolas have 3 ridges in the back so the darts may not go all the way down. If you have a dremel you can sand the ridges down and crayolas will work fine.

#88200 My First Mod Attempt = T.t

Posted by navy seal on 24 August 2006 - 08:44 AM in Modifications

mooseydoom, the marker should look like this: Crayola Marker

The markers inner diameter should be 1/2". The dart should go in far enough that its tight in the barrel or the suction cup is against the tip of the barrel.

Does anyone have a picture of a gun with a crayola barrel?

EDIT: I just found pictures:Den of Foam It shows a crayola barrel with a dart in it. If you go to mods it decribes how to crayola barrel a nite finder.

#88170 Rifle Slings, Holsters

Posted by navy seal on 23 August 2006 - 07:16 PM in General Nerf

I would mount one end of the strap to to gray stock piece, above where the clip holder is with a screw. Then i would mount the other end on the rail on top of the gun. There is a strap mount behind the rail but I don't know how strong it is.

I don't like straps on guns becuase most have to be loaded from the front and its akward with a strap on. I would use a strap from an old lunchbox because it has a clip at each end.

#88104 My First Mod Attempt = T.t

Posted by navy seal on 23 August 2006 - 07:54 AM in Modifications

Take a crayola or roseart marker and take everything out of it ,so its just a tube. Then cut the pvc down to 3". Then take your marker tube and wrap tape around it so it fits tightly in the pvc.

You don't want the pvc to go past the tip of the marker because that will hurt range.

#88094 My First Mod Attempt = T.t

Posted by navy seal on 22 August 2006 - 09:10 PM in Modifications

There is something wrong if your darts slip out of 1/2" brass. They should be very tight. Are you sure your barrel is brass and not copper? You should try a crayola marker or 1/2" cpvc for your barrel.

#88017 Double Shot Idea...no More Shells

Posted by navy seal on 21 August 2006 - 07:38 PM in Modifications

Nooooo....... :)

puggy, What kind of barrels and how long are they? I'm finding 2" cpvc works good.

The range is horrible but it is very small because of the plunger being in the grip. I think the problem is the tubing connecting the plunger tubes to the barrels is to small.

Edit: What are you using to pull back the plungers?

#87974 Double Shot Idea...no More Shells

Posted by navy seal on 21 August 2006 - 11:01 AM in Modifications

The double shot is useless because of its shells. You can modify the shells to shoot stefans but it only has 4 shells. It also takes to much time to load shells and then put them in the gun. So I got this idea that if you take the gun apart remove all of the pulleys, then take off the front grip and barrel(everything in front of where it bends). You could attach cpvc/brass directly on to the orange peice connected to the plunger tube and not use shells. Then to cock the gun you would have to cut the bottom of the grip off(where the fake stock is) and attach something to the back of the plungers to pull.

I don't have a digital camera so maybe someone else could photoshop some pictures of the double shot to show what I'm talking about. As soon as I'm done with it I'll post ranges.

#87925 Longshot Mod

Posted by navy seal on 20 August 2006 - 06:35 PM in Modifications

I can't get the orange cocking peice off the metal rod to mod the gun. I read in another thread someone said to pry it with a screw driver. I tried yesterday and it won't come off. I was prying so hard I was afraid I would break the shell. Any other ideas of how to get it off? <_<

#87648 Wow

Posted by navy seal on 16 August 2006 - 05:33 PM in General Nerf

I suggest you buy a nite finder first because modding it is easy or the maverick. Then you should get either a magstrike or longshot. The N-strike unity system has a pistol, a rocket launcher but you only get one missle and includes a 6 shot semiauto hornet, which is very hard to mod so I don't think you should buy it.

#87506 Tek Ten: Good Or Bad?

Posted by navy seal on 15 August 2006 - 08:52 AM in General Nerf

I modified my tek 10 with crayola barrels and it gets 45'-50'. It was one of the older ones that look like:tek 10 The only thing I don't like is how big it is. Its to big to put in your pocket. Thats why I like my tek 6 better. What did you break on yours?

If you want to modify yours I'll explain how I modded mine.

#87421 Longshot Sight

Posted by navy seal on 14 August 2006 - 06:11 PM in General Nerf

So why does a gun that fires 35' need a flashlight? Nerf wars are mostly during the day and at night it would tell every one were you are. Especially a smith and wesson tac light?

Der Exilen, if you really want that light on you should drill holes and attach the rail to the gun with bolts.

Now that people are done hijacking the thread, lets see some more funny picutres of the sight on other guns.

#87369 Longshot Sight

Posted by navy seal on 14 August 2006 - 08:43 AM in General Nerf

The scout has a rail and the titan has the peices to attach the rail.

The guns with a rail are:
longshot
firefly
new nite finder
scout
dart tag
maverick

We need a picture of a maverick with a fake two foot pvc barrel and a stock with the sight on.

#87309 Longshot Forward Handle Removal

Posted by navy seal on 13 August 2006 - 04:36 PM in General Nerf

I don't know which handle your talking about. But if its the handle with the trigger for the barrel extension,it can be taken off becuase you have to put it on when you buy the gun. I find that the fake laser pointer below the bipod is hard to grip.

#87298 Magstrike Problems

Posted by navy seal on 13 August 2006 - 03:10 PM in Modifications

You might have taken to much of the restriction. Instead of the air coming out at a high pressure because of the air restriction, it comes out faster but very weak. Taking out to much restriction can hurt range. Like on my scout I removed the barrel post and drilled a hole behind the barrel but it was too big for the small plunger tube, so it hurt the range.

OR you didn't load the darts all the way in, you didn't pump it all the way, it has a leak. It could be many different things.

#87293 Longshot Sight

Posted by navy seal on 13 August 2006 - 02:19 PM in General Nerf

I just took my longshot sight and was trying it on the different guns with rails on top. It looks cool on the firefly and new night finder because the color schemes match. It is not accurate or useful just cool. Anyone who has a longshot and can post pictures of the sight on different guns, please do. (I don't have a digital camera)

Warning:It is a sight, not scope because there is no magnification. Don't start flaming about scopes or s.n.i.p.e.r.s

#87128 Nerf Micros Can Be Used In Longshot

Posted by navy seal on 11 August 2006 - 09:39 AM in General Nerf

I got my longshot a few days ago and was experimenting with using other darts. All the homemade darts I tried got jammed because of the barrel post, but if you cut the outer ring off a micro dart and cut the suction cup down it will fit. I used the yellow and purple nerf micro darts. This won't work with all micro darts like the dart tag and some others.

I did a range test in grass from shoulder with one clip of 3 nerf micros and 3 streamline darts.

Nerf micros ----/--- Streamline(longshot darts)
clip1
30' / 34'
33' / 35'
33' / 37'
clip2
32' / 29'
34' / 37'
35' / 40'
clip3
33' / 31'
34' / 39'
34' / 34'

The nerf micros ranges were grouped closer together and went straight, but the streamlines shots varied and the shot would curve because of the light dart

#86794 If You Could Bring Back Any Nerf Gun

Posted by navy seal on 08 August 2006 - 12:33 PM in General Nerf

I agree with tcorr about the airjet series. Which includes Fastblast ,lightning blitz,secret shot 2 Spitfire,stinger,wildfire and blastfire. The only one I have out of that line is the spitfire. :(

Here's a website that has the different series: NerfPalace

there is another site with all the series but I can't find it

For a single gun I would have to say the rototrack or arrowstorm