Photo

My First Mod Attempt = T.t

33 replies to this topic

#1 mooseydoom

mooseydoom

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 06:09 PM

I did this to my NF, but with 1/2 inch brass, but now my (stock) darts either don't shoot or get a foot out. It's a type one. is the problem the darts are too small? Thanks.
Looking to buy a bbb spring...

#2 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 06:47 PM

Which stock darts are you talking about? Oh, and I beleive the problem is with your barrel. You should get 17/32 brass for stock darts. I think half inch is too tight.

Edited by NiteWalker, 22 August 2006 - 06:47 PM.

NEW Write-up of the DTG/At3k:
Click here
Credit to Carrtoon for the mod.

"The mother of invention is need... Who doesn't have to pelt people with foam?"

#3 mooseydoom

mooseydoom

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 07:41 PM

Which stock darts are you talking about? Oh, and I beleive the problem is with your barrel. You should get 17/32 brass for stock darts. I think half inch is too tight.

you sure? they just slip out if I hold the gun barrel down. and I've tried Taggers, Suctions, and Streamlines...

edit: i spel gud

Edited by mooseydoom, 22 August 2006 - 07:41 PM.

#4 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 07:44 PM

Yeah im sure. 9/16 is just a bit too loose for my stock darts, so I would go with 17/32. You should look at the guide to barrels topic. It tells you what people usually use. Maybe your darts are just really skinny or something.

Edited by NiteWalker, 22 August 2006 - 07:44 PM.

Click here

#5 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 07:51 PM

How long of a barrel are you using?
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#6 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 08:03 PM

I use 9/16 and I get about 40' flat with stock darts, 50' with taggers.

#7 mooseydoom

mooseydoom

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 08:07 PM

How long of a barrel are you using?

6"

#8 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 09:10 PM

There is something wrong if your darts slip out of 1/2" brass. They should be very tight. Are you sure your barrel is brass and not copper? You should try a crayola marker or 1/2" cpvc for your barrel.
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#9 mooseydoom

mooseydoom

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 10:08 PM

There is something wrong if your darts slip out of 1/2" brass. They should be very tight. Are you sure your barrel is brass and not copper? You should try a crayola marker or 1/2" cpvc for your barrel.

went back to the OSH I bought it from to find 9/16, and I looked at the label... copper. sorry to bother you guys, I'm an über nüber. :D I feel so retarded ><

#10 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 10:16 PM

Don't worry, everyone makes mistakes. Once you get brass you should be good to go.

Not all darts fit the same way in certain sizes, so just go with whatever size gives you a moderately tight fit with YOUR darts.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the boards or modifications in general, and I'll see what I can do to help you out.

~ompa

#11 mooseydoom

mooseydoom

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 01:01 AM

Just took the copper off and put on 6 inches of 1/2" PVC, gets better but still not as good as stock =(

#12 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 06:52 AM

1/2 inch PVC doesn't fit stock micros. I think your barrel is an inch too long too.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#13 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 07:54 AM

Take a crayola or roseart marker and take everything out of it ,so its just a tube. Then cut the pvc down to 3". Then take your marker tube and wrap tape around it so it fits tightly in the pvc.

You don't want the pvc to go past the tip of the marker because that will hurt range.
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding

#14 mooseydoom

mooseydoom

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 03:31 PM

Take a crayola or roseart marker and take everything out of it ,so its just a tube. Then cut the pvc down to 3". Then take your marker tube and wrap tape around it so it fits tightly in the pvc.

You don't want the pvc to go past the tip of the marker because that will hurt range.

is the dart's tip supposed to be poking out of the marker?

#15 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 03:58 PM

is the dart's tip supposed to be poking out of the marker?

Yes, if you are using stock darts. The suction cup on the stocks should be the only thing visible. If you have stefans that will fit, go ahead and shove em' in there.

#16 mooseydoom

mooseydoom

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 05:13 PM

Ok then, I think I have a leak or something, it still only goes about halfway across my room.

#17 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 05:19 PM

I had this problem when I first out in a brass barrel. Is the barrel stuck on to the plunger assembly tight? What did you use to bond them? Brass and plastic don't stick together that well with hot glue, you might want to consider some epoxy.

Edited by Lancaster, 23 August 2006 - 05:19 PM.

#18 mooseydoom

mooseydoom

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 05:23 PM

I switched out the brass(well... copper) for 1/2" PVC, hot glued it on to a holloed out restrictor, and then hot glued that on to the plunger, then cut down the PVC to 3" and stuck a marker in there, then hot glued it for a seal.

#19 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 05:40 PM

What kind of fit are you getting with the darts? Do you have to twist to get them in there without bending them, or can you just drop them in? When I had a crayola barrel on my NF, it was such a tight fit that a lot of my darts ended up bending, but I got 50+ feet out of it.

#20 mooseydoom

mooseydoom

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 05:54 PM

What kind of fit are you getting with the darts? Do you have to twist to get them in there without bending them, or can you just drop them in? When I had a crayola barrel on my NF, it was such a tight fit that a lot of my darts ended up bending, but I got 50+ feet out of it.

what do you mean? I can stick the darts in a lil past the rubber collar.

#21 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 06:39 PM

what do you mean? I can stick the darts in a lil past the rubber collar.

I mean how tight of a fit are you getting with the foam?

#22 mooseydoom

mooseydoom

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 07:09 PM

the foam slips in fine... am I using too big a marker?

#23 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 07:37 PM

Lol, this is more like a conversation between Moosey and Lancaster. Anyway, how easy does the dart slip in? It shoud be a tight enough fit, so that you have to force just a bit to get it until the only thing that sticks out is the rubber collar. If you can just drop it in then that is a problem. Oh, and I would recommend putting tape (duct tape or e-tape) around the place where there might be cracks such as the air restrictor place. Cover the bottom of your barrel with tape too. If it has a leak then that should fix it unless yuor barrel has holes in it. I love using tape, so I just put it around half or the barrel and half of the plunger. Also, make sure you use a lot of hot glue to glue the pvc or crayola on. Just shake it around a bit to make sure it's not going to break off.

Edited by NiteWalker, 23 August 2006 - 07:38 PM.

Click here

#24 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:44 AM

mooseydoom, the marker should look like this: Crayola Marker

The markers inner diameter should be 1/2". The dart should go in far enough that its tight in the barrel or the suction cup is against the tip of the barrel.

Does anyone have a picture of a gun with a crayola barrel?

EDIT: I just found pictures:Den of Foam It shows a crayola barrel with a dart in it. If you go to mods it decribes how to crayola barrel a nite finder.

Edited by navy seal, 24 August 2006 - 08:59 AM.

Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding

#25 mooseydoom

mooseydoom

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 12:23 PM

god damnit, I'm bad at observation. I used a Mr. Sketch, thought it was roseart. I am retarded. Retarded like a fox.

Edited by mooseydoom, 24 August 2006 - 12:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users