MattPaintballer's Content

There have been 333 items by MattPaintballer (Search limited from 22-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#55592 You'll All Find This Quite Interesting

Posted by MattPaintballer on 24 May 2005 - 10:36 PM in General Nerf

So here's my glass raised to the Stock Class Paintball forums, for not being a-holes!

Trust me, it's ONLY stock class. I would expect that they would appreciate Nerf, since Nerf is a lot like stock class. But it's nothing like speedball, and 99% of all tourney players are a-holes. Most woodsballers are pretty nice, but stock class moreso, but I know a lot of woodsballers play stock too.

#55030 Help With Creating A Website

Posted by MattPaintballer on 16 May 2005 - 07:08 PM in Off Topic

I would like to make a website, and was wondering where to get started. There's so many things to consider; which host to use, (and no I won't use any of that Tripod or Geocities crap) what what coding languages to use, etc. etc.

Possible Hosts (Suggestions welcome)
Hostultra
Doteasy
Web1000

What language should I put it in? HTML? Where can I learn how whatever language I should use?

I will hopefully be attending a two-week class over the summer about Photoshop or 3D Modeling & Animation (I don't know which, or if I'll even get to do it at all) if that helps anything. I don't own Photoshop or any modeling programs though.

Oh, and everything has to be free.

#63209 Prototype Trampoline Spring Nerf Cannon

Posted by MattPaintballer on 06 September 2005 - 06:20 PM in Homemades

Hmm, interesting idea.

I wonder how powerful it will be. I remember when I was helping put our trampoline together it was pretty hard to stretch the springs from the tarp to the base ring thing. I had to use the hook from a bungie cord to do it.

Yeah I was thinking of the spring flying out, too. On a trampoline the springs are already pulled a bit so they don't fly off and kill somebody in the face, but you're not going to be holding the spring back all the time (that would hurt after a while).

By the way, I'm digging your signature.

#51335 Getting It To Say I've Read A Topic

Posted by MattPaintballer on 02 April 2005 - 02:08 AM in Site Feedback

If you click View New Posts, there is a thing that says to mark all topics unread and return to the index. I just open all the topics I want to read in my tabs, then click that in my open tab and close that tab, then I can read all the topics and it thinks I've read them all.

#53911 Video Compressors/editors/hosts

Posted by MattPaintballer on 01 May 2005 - 12:17 PM in Off Topic

Does anybody know where I can get a free video compressor and/or editor? Also, where can I get a video hosted? Thanks!

#55349 Guess That Gun.

Posted by MattPaintballer on 20 May 2005 - 09:47 PM in General Nerf

I think you're describing the Triple Strike.

Posted Image

#52033 Question About Barrels

Posted by MattPaintballer on 09 April 2005 - 12:05 AM in Modifications

Isn't it something like, a barrel for mega Stefans (AT2K/SM1500 pump tubes, SCH 40 PVC, etc.) fits stock micros? And aren't you supposed to wrap the tip in electrical tape or something, so it slides through easier?

#52925 Xbows?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 19 April 2005 - 07:54 PM in General Nerf

Barrel mod is pretty easy, and mine is modded to shoot mega stefans, but if you put some brass in the PVC it would instantly shoot minis.

I expected better from such a respectable person as you! The correct terminology is "micros."

The Crossbow shoots megas and arrows. Here are some dart barrel materials:

What kinds of barrels fit arrows?
AT2K/SM1500 Pump Tubes

What kinds of barrels fit mega Stefans?
SCH 40 PVC 1/2"
AT2K/SM1500 Pump Tubes

What kinds of barrels fit Micro Stefans?
1/2" SCH 80 PVC
9/16" or 17/32" K&S Brass
1/2" CPVC
9/16" PETG

What kinds of barrels fit Nano Stefans?
7/16" K&S Brass
3/8 PEX Pipe

#54525 Sm1500 Paint Job

Posted by MattPaintballer on 10 May 2005 - 12:08 AM in Modifications

Great first-time paintjob, though I was never a fan of the Splitfire/Powerclip colors. (I liked the transparent sides but not the solid sides) In fact at first they confused me, when I first saw a PowerClip with its barrels facing the right I thought somebody had painted it because I had never seen a PowerClips blue/yellow side, just the clear part.

That dollar store gun looks schweet, the cocking handle looks like it hurts though. You should integrate an NF into it.

#42844 Worth It?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 28 November 2004 - 10:53 PM in Modifications

You could take a spare NF and use a NF plunger... they're only 6 bucks...

#54720 At2k Quad Pvc Barrels

Posted by MattPaintballer on 12 May 2005 - 04:45 PM in Modifications

I want to put 1/2" SCH 40 PVC barrels on my AT2K. There has to be a way to make them fit. How can I do this?

#46089 Nerf Ammunition

Posted by MattPaintballer on 13 January 2005 - 07:03 PM in General Nerf

Hello! I've got a few questions about Nerf ammo and the order form.

11 Inch 2 Pack Arrow with Clip $5.00
11 Inch Arrow $1.00 each
Buzzing Arrow 11 inch 6 Pack $5.00
Gyro Rocket 3 Pack $3.50
Target Master Arrow 6 Pack $5.00

Which of these is like the normal Arrow that fits over AT2K pump tubes? What does it mean "with Clip"? Is the Buzzing Arrow like a sonic dart only it's an arrow? Target Master Arrows are the cheapest at less than $1.00 a pop, but are they the normal kind? I really want arrows! (I also want AT2K pump tubes and AT2K's but that's beside the point) Also, what are Gyro Rockets? Oh, and can somebody give me the dimensions of a normal Nerf Arrow?

I know this is sorta off topic but what ever... Is there really much of a difference between the Wildfire and the Rapid Fire 20, other than looks, and that the WF has a strap?

#54965 For The Spelling Impaired

Posted by MattPaintballer on 15 May 2005 - 06:35 PM in Off Topic

Fagmunch isn't a word.

#46125 Nerf Ammunition

Posted by MattPaintballer on 14 January 2005 - 02:25 AM in General Nerf

I also need to know if the fins are straight (as on the BnA) or diagonal (as on the BBB) on which types of arrows. I'm assuming that if the fins are diagonal or curved it is more accurate because it will spin the arrow? Not sure about that.

#54880 At2k Quad Pvc Barrels

Posted by MattPaintballer on 14 May 2005 - 07:42 PM in Modifications

It appears there is a little clearish something at the bottom of the tube. Great. I tried to vacuum it out, but it won't budge. It appears to be a little tiny piece of hot glue, from when I removed the stupid Stefan.

#54752 At2k Quad Pvc Barrels

Posted by MattPaintballer on 12 May 2005 - 07:59 PM in Modifications

I need help with my Dremel. I am trying to use a cut-off wheel, but I don't know how to attach it. There needs to be something that the wheel fits over, but I don't know what it is.

#55245 Nerf Website

Posted by MattPaintballer on 19 May 2005 - 12:06 AM in General Nerf

Okay, I got the book XHTML For Dummies from the library, and it is CONFUSING.

cx, you know a lot about making a website, can you help me?

#52118 Modify A Secret Shot Pocket Blaster

Posted by MattPaintballer on 09 April 2005 - 11:34 PM in Modifications

Two mods from Lefty of the Merry Men of Michigan.

Barrel Replacement
Tank Enlargement

#64112 Zero/unknown Breech

Posted by MattPaintballer on 22 September 2005 - 05:44 PM in Homemades

Alright thanks.

Would my idea work though?

#46303 Obtaining Nerf Guns

Posted by MattPaintballer on 19 January 2005 - 07:22 PM in General Nerf

Hello. I am fairly new to Nerf, and would like some more Nerf guns that are fairly good. I have read both sporkboyofjustice's and ItallionStallion's articles on how to find Nerf guns, but they don't help because I don't have access to the stores they talk about in their articles. I can only get guns from the store because I can't find any anywhere else. I am too young to drive and don't have a car. My family went to the local swap meet, and it seemed more like small businesses renting booths instead of opening their own store, rather than a giant garage sale as I thought it would be. I pictured people renting booths and putting stuff they didn't want on a table and selling it. Instead, I saw clothes, fountains, plants, rocks, and medieval weaponry (sweet...). I am too young to drive and the Goodwill store is pretty far away. The only garage sales I can go to are the ones that are in my neighborhood and in nearby neighborhoods. So how do I get discountinued Nerf guns? eBay has high prices, and I can't get Nerf guns locally. I know some kids who have discontinued guns, but they won't sell them. I know a kid who has a Lock 'n' Load that he never uses, but he won't sell it. My friend has a SuperMaxx 1500 that I really want, but he doesn't want to sell it to me because he claims he's going to sell it on eBay for mad money, yet he's too young to use eBay and his parents won't sell it for him. Does anybody have any tips on how to get people to sell you their Nerf guns cheap, or how to obtain Nerf guns somehow?

In case you were wondering, here's my arsenal:

1x AirTech 4000
2x SuperMaxx 3000 blue version, 1 has a broken pump handle
2x Titan
2x Hornet
2x Scout
5x Nite Finder old edition

#55329 Larami Dart Size

Posted by MattPaintballer on 20 May 2005 - 05:23 PM in General Nerf

Yes that would probably work. You would also need to take a hot glue gun and burn the back end of the dart for a bigger hole, otherwise it will not fit over the air restrictors. Or you could just take them out, making your gun better. Another reason for taking out the air restrictors is that it actually damages the back end of the foam, which reduces the life of your darts. Make sure to cut the tip down because on a Larami, the part the suction cup attaches to is slightly less in diamater than the diamater of the foam, and the suction cup is slightly larger in diamater than the foam. And yes, it would probably work. You can also make Stefans, here is a tutorial.

Larami dart specifications specifications:

Foam length: 6cm/2.4 in.
Dart length: 6.6cm/2.6 in.
Tip length: 0.6cm/0.24 in.

#55989 Homemade Rf20 Turret?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 29 May 2005 - 08:53 PM in Homemades

That sounds awesome.

If you can pull it off well, I'll ride my bicycle all the way down to California, hug you, then ride all the way back. Oh and I'd steal some too :blush:

#55240 Nerf Website

Posted by MattPaintballer on 18 May 2005 - 10:43 PM in General Nerf

I'm trying to make a website and can't think of a good name. These were all suggested to me and sound good.

#64014 Zero/unknown Breech

Posted by MattPaintballer on 20 September 2005 - 05:57 PM in Homemades

I was just looking at the Zero Breech thing under Homemades here on the Haven, and I started thinking. With that breech, you pull the 1/2" barrel out a bit, drop a dart in, and push the barrel back in. Well since PVC isn't extremely thing like brass or PETG, wouldn't the dart have a bit of trouble getting into the 1/2"?

So I was wondering if this would work: Do the same thing, but cut a hole in the 1/2" PVC too. Line up the holes and drop a dart in, then twist the 1/2" PVC. Would this work better or worse than the Zero breech, or not at all?

#55997 Brass Eagle Blade02 Mod

Posted by MattPaintballer on 29 May 2005 - 10:47 PM in Modifications

Splat

Dude, that's costly. It's usually $30 for the gun, 10 cents for a Stefan, and ~20 cents for one shot out of the little cartridge. That's ~30 cents for every shot, though Stefans are reusable. Still, ~20 cents a shot WILL add up quickly if you consider how good the RoF of this thing is.

It's still cool though. Way cool. I think it's good that you added air restriction. What ranges are you getting? I would restrict it to about 50' flat because of it's insane RoF for a single-shot gun and it's mad accuracy.

#57206 Veggie

Posted by MattPaintballer on 10 June 2005 - 09:44 PM in Off Topic

Happy belated birthday Veggie, and good luck in the Navy. Don't get hurt :( and stay cool ^_^.

#54432 PVC Or PETG?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 08 May 2005 - 06:31 PM in Modifications

PVC is for megas, PETG is for micros. I'd say PVC and then if you want to shoot micros, wrap the front and back of the PETG in electrical until it fits in the PVC.

Edit: Oh, and I've never seen a quad-barrel SM750, but that would be just like an SM1500. I've seen a double barrel PETG SM750 though.

#47087 Simple Nite Finder Mod

Posted by MattPaintballer on 10 February 2005 - 05:54 PM in Modifications

He doesn't want the black thing in there because they fit his darts very tightly, making him unable to fling them out at the enemy.

#46943 Simple Nite Finder Mod

Posted by MattPaintballer on 06 February 2005 - 01:15 AM in Modifications

Okay, this is me posting from my friend's computer. He was going to register and post this, but no more users are allowed until Karma is finished. So this is not my mod, it's my friend's/clanmate's.

I got a Nite Finder as a gift from MattPaintballer. I thought it was pretty powerful stock, but I thought it had more potential. Because my mod materials were not with me, I couldn't do much other than open it up, stretch the spring, and band it. I thought the “laser” was pretty lame; it doesn’t even help you. If you have a night war, it gives away your position, and it doesn’t work really well in the first place. I thought it was kind of dumb that you could move it side to side. I took it out of the gun when I had it open. So here are some pictures of my slightly tweaked Nite Finder.

Just your typical unmodded Nite Finder.
Posted Image

No laser, just a hole. I painted it orange to match.
Posted Image

What did my sister put in there this time?
Posted Image

Hey! That’s a dart!
Posted Image

If you haven’t noticed, I took off the barrel-like piece and placed it where the light used to be. I was joking about painting it orange. It works well as an ammo holder, and has a man-powered secondary weapon built in. What I mean by that is you can kind of fling the dart at your enemy if he or she is charging at you – no cocking required!

#45348 Product Testing

Posted by MattPaintballer on 02 January 2005 - 02:29 PM in Off Topic

Actually, if you read the EULA on most of them, (iPod ones especially) it will basically say that they are not forced in any way to send you anything other than spam and other unwanted crap like spyware and worms.

#50324 Video Card Issues

Posted by MattPaintballer on 22 March 2005 - 10:57 PM in Off Topic

I haven't updated my video card drivers in forever (I'm not joking, I have never updated them). I didn't buy my computer, my parents did. Well, there's a sticker that gives you information about the computer on the tower thing. It says the RAM, hard drive capacity, video card, etc. Well, when my dad bought the computer, he got a better video card for it. The only problem is, he doesn't know what he bought! And neither do I, so I have no way of updating the drivers. How can I find out what video card is currently in my computer?

#45247 Nerf Gun Pictures

Posted by MattPaintballer on 31 December 2004 - 09:52 PM in Off Topic

Okay first of all, NC's pics aren't very good. Second of all, they're watermarked which makes them look even more retarded. Also, I would look stupid because I'd be using pics that aren't my property.

#58524 Modified Secret Shot

Posted by MattPaintballer on 01 July 2005 - 12:34 AM in Modifications

Another cool thing you can do is tri-barrel it. Myself, ompa, and a few others are about the only people I've seen who really appreciate this pistol. I personally love it. Sidearms are supposed to have a high RoF for tight situations, why not pack 3 extra shots instead of just 1?

In pistol wars, I like using a Nite Finder and a Secret Shot 1.

TS, I totally agree. That seems to happen to me a lot.

#51956 Thinkgeek Gun- Something Familiar About This...

Posted by MattPaintballer on 08 April 2005 - 04:44 PM in Off Topic

This beats your lousy marshmallow shooter.

And so does this this.
:)

Cool find though. I think foam is a better ammunition than a mix between sugar and air. I also think that parents would rather buy their children foam guns than sugar guns because they don't want them to get hyper, but children would probaby want sugar guns more. That is, if they actually knew that marshmallows are mainly sugar and air, but most kids don't know that :).

Sporkboy, that's a kind of funny story. Poor dog though...

#54198 Ebay: Jurassic Park Blaster

Posted by MattPaintballer on 05 May 2005 - 09:37 AM in General Nerf

A cool case. Think of Lefty's/Southpaw's Uzi2K integration.

#54328 Supermaxx 750 Pump Problem

Posted by MattPaintballer on 07 May 2005 - 12:40 PM in General Nerf

I got a NIB SM750, old school version. I have yet to modify it or even open it up. Ever since I took it out of the box, it's had this weird pumping problem. I have to pump slowly and steadily, and make sure I pull the pump all the way out, then push it all the way in. Otherwise there will be no resistance in the pump and it will not get air. Sometimes, even when I'm careful, it still gets no resistance. Sometimes when it gets no resistance, I pull it back as normal, then when I push it in, it seems fine. But when I get to the pump cap, the pump snaps back. Sometimes I hear a pop, sometimes not. Sometimes there is air in the tank, sometimes not.

There has to be something wrong, because I talked to PCMadness and CT, and they both said their SM750s don't have this problem. It is quite the annoyance and I want to fix it, but I don't know how.

#52937 Supper Soaker

Posted by MattPaintballer on 19 April 2005 - 10:14 PM in Modifications

Yakman's Writeup.

#55816 Unmodified Splitfire Troubles

Posted by MattPaintballer on 28 May 2005 - 02:05 AM in General Nerf

I received an unmodded Splitfire from flamebo a couple days ago. I noticed that one barrel was shooting harder than the other. This was with stock megas. I twisted out the pegs and tried mega Stefans and stock megas again. Same thing.

Do Splitfires normally do this? Also, it's madly inaccurate. I would blame that on the poor quality of my Stefans, but it's with both Stefans and stock megas.

I'm going to PVC it and see if it helps.

Edit:

The barrel on the left (transparent side, second shot) shoots farther than the barrel on the right (solid side, first shot) if that helps.

#55820 Unmodified Splitfire Troubles

Posted by MattPaintballer on 28 May 2005 - 02:12 AM in General Nerf

Okay, something is definitely wrong with my Splitfire. I just tried it with SuperMAXX darts, and the first dart fired perfectly, the second one went about 2 feet. Three times in a row it did this.

Edit: Shit dude you plugged the pump!?! Dude you didn't tell me that. I pump it four times and the fifth pump sounds weird, and like the seventh sounds REALLY weird.

#54333 Supermaxx 750 Pump Problem

Posted by MattPaintballer on 07 May 2005 - 01:38 PM in General Nerf

So basically I'm screwed?