using Petg & Hobby styrene

4 replies to this topic

#1 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 07:46 PM

I'm planning on trying to create a Homemade RF 20 Turret using clear Hobby stryene (type of plastic sheet commonly used in scenery for model trains) and petg, (once I get some petg, that is)

In theory it shouldn't be that difficult. the key parts of an Rf 20 turret are easily replicated: if I can find a way to cut a perfect circle of stryene to the correct size. once the circle is cut, a strip of stryene could be smoothly placed around it with the aid of a heat gun or even a hair dryer. then all that would be left would be getting 20 2-inch Petg peices placed corectly and straight.

Whatdaya think?

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#2 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 08:53 PM

That sounds awesome.

If you can pull it off well, I'll ride my bicycle all the way down to California, hug you, then ride all the way back. Oh and I'd steal some too :blush:
"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#3 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 09:19 PM

You forgot the spring thingy on the back but the idea is sound enough, good luck.
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#4 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 09:21 PM

Is that part all that inportant? I have an idea for how to do that too, but for now this is just the Concept Phase, and i need to get PETG before i can give it a go.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#5 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 12:03 AM

With out that I don't think it will rotate properly, it will likely just spin freely and won't fire all of the darts, plus that's the piece that holds it in the gun.
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users