Photo

Larami Dart Size

4 replies to this topic

#1 quasar

quasar

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 04:36 PM

I'm new to this board but I've been searching both here and on the web and I can't find the specs for the old larami dart. I just bought a Supermaxx3000 (yellow) that needs larami darts and from the internet comparisons, it looks like I can just chop off some of a mega dart to have a larami dart size. Would this work? Thanks in advance.

#2 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 05:23 PM

Yes that would probably work. You would also need to take a hot glue gun and burn the back end of the dart for a bigger hole, otherwise it will not fit over the air restrictors. Or you could just take them out, making your gun better. Another reason for taking out the air restrictors is that it actually damages the back end of the foam, which reduces the life of your darts. Make sure to cut the tip down because on a Larami, the part the suction cup attaches to is slightly less in diamater than the diamater of the foam, and the suction cup is slightly larger in diamater than the foam. And yes, it would probably work. You can also make Stefans, here is a tutorial.

Larami dart specifications specifications:

Foam length: 6cm/2.4 in.
Dart length: 6.6cm/2.6 in.
Tip length: 0.6cm/0.24 in.

Edited by MattPaintballer, 20 May 2005 - 05:25 PM.

"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#3 The Trouble

The Trouble

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 05:30 PM

The Larami darts have the same outer diameter as a mega, so the answer is yes; modifing a regular Nerf mega would do just fine. There are only a couple key differences.

-Laramis don't have a hole through the entire center of the dart, it ends about 1/5th of the way in (it's also a tad wider).
-Laramis don't have a rubber "skirt" around the tip of the dart. The suction cup ends with the outer diameter, i.e. no rubber goes over the sides.

I'm sure you can find pictures of Laramis, even if specs are hard to come by.

With that said, you don't really need Larami, or faked Larami darts. You can make your own barrels and load it with stock minis, megas, or stefans (of any variant). Search around for a mod... modding the gun *once* beats the hell out of modding tons of Nerf mega-darts.

*curse you, Matt! ^_^*

Edited by The_Trouble, 20 May 2005 - 05:30 PM.

#4 Beaver Vortex

Beaver Vortex

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 08:05 PM

My modded first shot, for whatever reason, dosen't fire stephans worth shit. But cram a mega partially down the tube and it fired a lot nicer. Borrowed a friends Larami Dart (The buggers have a Lnl, a BBB, two PC's, and two or three Larami SuperMaxx guns and were absolutely amazed when I told them these guns are really sought after now-a-days) and it fired extremely well. So I cut some megas in half, clogged the hole with a little peice of plastic and topped it off in super glue. They work very well, aside from one problem. Since I didn't use any other weight, there is a bunch of super glue on it. So point blank, it's like being shot with a hard peice of plastic. Not actually ideal.
I am the Milkman. My milk is delicious.

#5 quasar

quasar

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 08:10 PM

Thank you! You guys rock. Now if I could only get my wildfire to work, I'd be a happy nerfer.

I'm a little afraid to mod the old guns because they are hard to come by.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users