MattPaintballer's Content

There have been 333 items by MattPaintballer (Search limited from 05-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#47671 Toy Fair In New York Next Week

Posted by MattPaintballer on 20 February 2005 - 11:35 PM in General Nerf

For some reason those rapid fire blasters look familiar. They have the same handle design as RF20's! Maybe they are spring guns, and to cock them you pull the handles apart as you would to shoot an Arrowstorm. That would be cool.

#47694 Atomizer Slingshot Mod

Posted by MattPaintballer on 21 February 2005 - 12:36 PM in Modifications

If you made that thing a little longer and wrapped it in foam, you could use it at as a hand-to-hand weapon -- oh wait, 14 feet you say? Nevermind, it already is a H2H weapon...

Hey, are the Nerf slingshots powered by a bungie? If so, I assume it's weak. Has anybody ever thought of replacing the bungie with a more powerful one, and/or adding more bungies to it? Also, you could add a small barrel to the front to make the shots more accurate.

Has anyone ever thought of using a REAL slingshot? I think they're way too powerful to be used safely with micro or mega darts, but they would be great for balls! I mean, seeing as what they can do to paintballs, I don't want to get hit by a dart coming out of a slingshot... Anyways, how awesome would it be if you aimed one of these babies at someone, and it shot the ball like 50 feet?! That would awesome! Okay, I've used the word "awesome" too many times...

Posted Image

#47702 Toy Fair In New York Next Week

Posted by MattPaintballer on 21 February 2005 - 02:43 PM in General Nerf

PS: Laser Tag

That thing looks like a Big Salvo.

#47732 TV Show Nerf Sightings

Posted by MattPaintballer on 21 February 2005 - 09:24 PM in Off Topic

I think there was a WildFire in the box on Friends? Can't remember.

#47859 Stefans And Pegs Question.

Posted by MattPaintballer on 23 February 2005 - 05:33 PM in Homemades

I hate to be stupid, but Cxwq what does YMMV mean?

#48273 Sspb/sts Rereleased

Posted by MattPaintballer on 28 February 2005 - 05:34 PM in General Nerf

2K 2 packs are at Target, 3k 2 packs are at TRU just to tell you. The new SSPB's got to my local stores before the new NF's.

#48708 Robot Chicken

Posted by MattPaintballer on 04 March 2005 - 10:17 PM in Off Topic

It was stupid. A waste of time. Boring. Lame. I wouldn't watch it unless somebody payed me, and even then I would be listening to my iPod the whole time. I don't see how people watch these shows. It's like a complete waste of your life. 3nerfiteers, Robot Chicken is in no way like Family Guy. You see, Family Guy is a good, funny, quality show, and the makers put a lot of effort into making it. Robot Chicken on the other hand, is complete garbage. Trash. I could make a better movie in less time than the show runs, which is a mere 15 minutes because it's so crappy. Take what boltsniper said, and remove the words 'funny' and 'as,' then at a T and a Y to end of the last word he posted.

#48709 What Does The Word Nerf Mean?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 04 March 2005 - 10:23 PM in General Nerf

Nerf is another word for foam. This started I think when the company made those indoor pocket footballs? For example, "Hey, look at that nerf pillow!" Also, nerf is a slang-ish verb that means to diminish, make worse, or lower value. "Dude, why did Blizzard nerf the damage on the Marine? Now it's useless to get them!" Nerf Herder, a compound word including Nerf, is a noun referring to some dumbass who thinks he is a musician. In this context, the word 'nerf' should not be capitalized because that dork is giving us REAL Nerfers a bad name.

#48710 How Many Nerf Guns Do You Have?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 04 March 2005 - 10:29 PM in General Nerf

I've got 22 that I can think of.

5x Nite Finders
3x SSPB's, 2 broken, 1 working very poorly
2x Maverick (These things suck)
2x Hornet
2x Scout
2x Titan
2x AirTech 2000
2x SuperMAXX 3000 Blue (1 pump handle broken)
1x AirTech 4000
1x SuperMAXX 1500 Old

I need some more... I need some old guns. Like, SM750's and SM1500's, BBB's, SplitFires, umm yeah my want list goes on, and on, and on... I wish we had better garage sales around here and I wish I had a ride so I could go to the Goodwill store <_<!

#48711 What Guns Do You Take Into A War?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 04 March 2005 - 10:32 PM in General Nerf

SuperMAXX 1500. 'Nuff said

Well, not really. I need an SM750 so I can integrate it onto the 1500. Man, that fake airtank is so big. I bet I could fit like 5 SM750's in it!

#48714 Distances

Posted by MattPaintballer on 04 March 2005 - 10:37 PM in General Nerf

My cement driveway is cut neatly into 7-foot squares.

Same with mine, but there's only 3 rectangles...

NO.  You absolutely do not do that, becasue that is how people get to thinking that their NF gets 80' and they saw a Crossbow shoot 200'.
Two words, I'll even bold them:
MEASURING.
TAPE.

I agree with you on the measuring tape thing, but dude some NF's do actually get more than 75 feet, even though yours might not. I hate it when people say that somebody's ranges are inacurrate, false, etc., because usually they are just saying that because their gun gets less range than the posted ranges.

#48859 Ruff Stuff's Shotgun

Posted by MattPaintballer on 06 March 2005 - 02:10 AM in General Nerf

...that's weird.

Okto, I think I need to come out and say this to you. I don't like you.

AHAHAHA! I've always been waiting for somebody to say that.

That shotgun looks pretty neat. To anybody who has it: does it spread or is it accurate?

#48860 Tack Stefans

Posted by MattPaintballer on 06 March 2005 - 02:13 AM in Homemades

You mean like this? I tried it once, but the thumbtacks I got weren't heavy enough. Also, it seemed unsafe. The hot glue didn't melt the plastic coating into the FBR like the dude said it would. Maybe it was my thumbtacks? I don't know.

#48862 Robot Chicken

Posted by MattPaintballer on 06 March 2005 - 02:15 AM in Off Topic

Isn't that lemming thing just a myth?

Yep, started by none other than Disney.

#49002 Ages Of Nerfers

Posted by MattPaintballer on 08 March 2005 - 12:48 AM in General Nerf

Like anyone who is less than 12 is going to vote. I should make a poll to see how many of you lied about your age when signing up...

I didn't lie, my brother signed me up :).

Just kidding. I used to do that though :).

Edit: Ugh, typo! How can I screw up a smiley? :rolleyes:

#49068 Distances

Posted by MattPaintballer on 08 March 2005 - 09:56 PM in General Nerf

By the way, I do realize that sometimes you get lucky and hit someone at the ankle or foot, but I don't count on those shots.

I wouldn't consider those "lucky" only because most of the time the person will start running or keep running and then deny he/she was shot there. Unless of course it was from close range, and it left a huge welt. Then it's funny because you say "Oh, really? Then what the hell is that welt doing there?"

Anyways, yeah you're right on the effective range thing.

#49069 Robot Chicken

Posted by MattPaintballer on 08 March 2005 - 09:58 PM in Off Topic

You see, Family Guy is a good, funny, quality show, and the makers put a lot of effort into making it. Robot Chicken on the other hand, is complete garbage. Trash. I could make a better movie in less time than the show runs, which is a mere 15 minutes because it's so crappy.

You do know how extremely tough it is to make a 15-minute long stop-motion film, right?

What do you mean by stop motion?

#49322 Happy Birthday

Posted by MattPaintballer on 11 March 2005 - 11:57 AM in Off Topic

Happy birthday to you
You live in a zoo
You smell like a monkey
And ya' look like one too!

Oh crap, those are the wrong lines! I mean...

Happy birthday.

Yeah, we'll just leave it at that.

#49323 Somebody Hacked Spanky!

Posted by MattPaintballer on 11 March 2005 - 12:06 PM in General Nerf

They locked, then deleted the thread. I have a screencap.

(picture)

Whoa, what FF skin is that? It's awesome!

#49378 I Just Wet Myself

Posted by MattPaintballer on 12 March 2005 - 01:15 AM in General Nerf

Looks like a Nite Finder knock-off.

Almost like an AT2K 2-pack, but they seem like plunger weapons. Hmm...

It's almost like an AT4K, but again it seems to be a spring gun.

It's like the N-Strike, but with more guns.

I didn't name all of them but they're pretty obvious... So Gamefreak, how about that cookie? ^_^

Edit: Whoops, I meant Gamefreak but typed Boltsniper... :cry: that is such an awesome smiley!

#49430 I Just Wet Myself

Posted by MattPaintballer on 12 March 2005 - 04:59 PM in General Nerf

So close to that cookie, but theres one more.

Umm... I don't know which one...

Seems to be like a Tech Target, but it's a Tek gun, so... Tek Target!

AirTech 3000 knock off, but plunger based? It's got 6 barrels... But it's also one of the older models

This looks like an SM250 or SM350

Same as above but larger and yellow

It's like an MBZ, but it looks way smaller... I wonder if it's lighter or quieter?

This thing reminds me of the BlastFire for some reason...

It's a shotgun... It reminds me of the Crossbow, I don't know why though.

It's like a PowerClip but in a shotgun-like shell!

Do I get my damn cookie now?

#49516 The Ultimate Nite Finder

Posted by MattPaintballer on 13 March 2005 - 02:13 PM in Modifications

I think it was a good idea and is kind of funny. So it may not be ultimate, but who cares? It's awesome. You know, sometimes you just do things for the coolness factor. You don't always have to try and squeeze every inch of range you can get from a nerf gun.

#49517 Supermaxx 5000

Posted by MattPaintballer on 13 March 2005 - 02:15 PM in Modifications

Cool, but I'm not sure I like how it looks. Oh well, whatever floats your boat. Do you have any ranges? Wait a minute. If you pull back on the thing that sticks out, doesn't that make it a plunger weapon? I thought SM5K's were pump guns. I'm confused. It's cool though.

Edit: Whoa, 115-125 feet? That's good. Is it accurate to those ranges? And are they angled or flat?

#49598 The Ultimate Nite Finder

Posted by MattPaintballer on 14 March 2005 - 04:12 PM in Modifications

Yeah but it's not even cool. It's hideous. Sorry, but, it just...it just...wow.

To each his own.

#49599 Homeade Nerf Gear

Posted by MattPaintballer on 14 March 2005 - 04:25 PM in Homemades

EDIT: I realize that you CAN'T buy kevlar, but I am just using it in my example.

Umm, why not? They use it for making gloves 'n stuff...

#49750 If You Could Ask Hasrbo

Posted by MattPaintballer on 15 March 2005 - 11:20 PM in General Nerf

The hell? Where'd my post go? Maybe it was on NHQ... Oh wel!

What does it take to get on the Nerf design team? Will you please hire me for a job there? If you don't, I'll shoot you with my Titans,*

*If they said no, I'd shoot 'em and ask them again while re-pumping and re-loading. Then, I'd repeat if necessary ;).

#49822 My Next Big Project

Posted by MattPaintballer on 16 March 2005 - 07:28 PM in Homemades

They all sound too cool... How about option 8? This would be 1+3+4! Just kidding...

Make 'em all except #2? That's what I'd do. Spring break is almost here, you'd have time...

I don't really like the idea of 2, but 1, 3, and 4 sound pretty awesome to me. But I think if you make number 1 and it fails, you should try number 2.

And for number 4, what do you mean no secondary shot? Mod an SSPB and tape it on the side.

#49823 Second Homemade

Posted by MattPaintballer on 16 March 2005 - 07:31 PM in Homemades

Wow, that's awesome! Do you have any ranges? Also, when you say Nerf rocket, what do you mean? Like the Titan missile?

#50006 Nite Finder Hole

Posted by MattPaintballer on 19 March 2005 - 01:51 AM in Modifications

Model Magic. It's paintable, easy to use, and it comes in purrty colors! Yay! If you roll it up in your hands until it becomes warm, it is easier to work with.

#50023 Nite Finder Hole

Posted by MattPaintballer on 19 March 2005 - 11:40 AM in Modifications

A craft store, like Michaels.

#50084 Ipods

Posted by MattPaintballer on 20 March 2005 - 01:50 PM in Off Topic

1) What's the difference between the 1st and 2nd generation iPods? As far as I can tell, I don't see any physical changes.

2) The 4GB iPod Mini claims to hold 1,000 songs. Now, say I have 3,000 songs but they still only take up 4GB. Does the iPod mini run on capacity or does it just stop accepting new songs once it reaches 1,000?

3) If you were to make a suggestion, should I get the 3rd generation touch sensitive iPod or the 4th generation click-wheel?

4) Where's the best place to get a good price on an iPod?

5) Is the 5th generation iPod going to arrive soon? If so, should I wait until it comes out before ordering one?

6) Does the iPod shuffle allow you to choose a playlist or is it completely random?

7) What's the difference between the regular iPod and the iPod+HP?

1. Like cx said, who cares? Get a new one, they're much better.

2. The iPod "4GB" iPod Mini only actually has 3.75 GB once it is formatted. I suggest you get the new "6GB" Mini which should have between 4.75 and 5.75 GB once formatted. That is, if you want a Mini. I got the 19.75 GB "20 GB" 4th gen. Also, if you like your music to sound good, 1,000 sounds isn't going to fit on the 4 GB model.

3. Well, it depends. They are both the same price, but the 3rd gen comes with more goodies. The 3rd gen, in the box, has everything the 4th gen has, plus a dock and a remote thing. Personally, I have no use for either of those items. Also, the 4th gen has a much better scrolling and playing system, the click wheel.

4. All prices on iPods are the same, unless you buy one used (I don't reccomend this). I suggest you get it at an Apple store or Best Buy because they give you better warranties.

5. It's like buying anything else that's popular, after a while a new version will come out and yours will become slightly outdated.

6. The iPod Shuffle does neither. You can not choose a playlist, but it isn't exactly random either. Like taita_cakes said, people have reported of times when the same song was repeated 8 times in a row. Most CD and MP3 players, unlike the iPod Shuffle, are programmed so that when they are put on the "shuffle" or "random" setting, they will not play the previous song again until a different song is played.

7. It's really just a marketting gimmick. According to iPodLounge, you shouldn't buy the iPod+HP even though it supposedly has more features. The regular iPod has just about the same features as the iPod+HP does, and some more. The iPod+HP doesn't have a warranty, can not get a warranty, and will not be serviced by Apple or HP. Just get the Apple version.

#50113 Better Than A Nite Finder ?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 20 March 2005 - 06:44 PM in Modifications

Mayhem, that's awesome! Because I have small hands, I would shoot the bottom NF with my pinky, then it would be almost like the rock on sign :rolleyes:. I think it would be really cool if you put a piece of string or something connecting the two plunger handles, so you could cock them simultaneously. Now that would be sweet!. And I think it actually looks pretty good for being unpainted - the barrels match the tape!

#50141 Better Than A Nite Finder ?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 21 March 2005 - 01:20 AM in Modifications

Then it might look like this:

*Snip*

That looks VERY uncomfortable. Grinch, the reason I said string instead of something that's non-flexible (like what you suggested, a bar) is that with string, you can prime both of the NF's at the same time, but you aren't forced to shoot them both at the same time. And if it wasn't flexible, it would be VERY hard to pull the triggers at the exact same time, and you might damage the plunger.

#50142 Homemade Low-buck Titan Rocket

Posted by MattPaintballer on 21 March 2005 - 01:23 AM in Homemades

However, I do know for a fact you can get extra missiles through the Online Nerf Order Form for $3 a pop.

Yeah, but 3 bucks a piece is overpriced, and they only ship to the continental U.S.

#50324 Video Card Issues

Posted by MattPaintballer on 22 March 2005 - 10:57 PM in Off Topic

I haven't updated my video card drivers in forever (I'm not joking, I have never updated them). I didn't buy my computer, my parents did. Well, there's a sticker that gives you information about the computer on the tower thing. It says the RAM, hard drive capacity, video card, etc. Well, when my dad bought the computer, he got a better video card for it. The only problem is, he doesn't know what he bought! And neither do I, so I have no way of updating the drivers. How can I find out what video card is currently in my computer?

#50679 Does Anybody Else Play Runescape?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 27 March 2005 - 02:35 AM in Off Topic

My favorite is Runescape Classic. It is WAY better then WOW or any other games :)

#50738 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by MattPaintballer on 27 March 2005 - 04:13 PM in General Nerf

And what about the Airtech series that was a rip of the supermaxx series?

But SuperMAXX was better. Better shells, and there were some better guns. They didn't release the SM750 or the SM5000 into the AT line, did they? Boy do I miss the old days...

#51074 Paintball

Posted by MattPaintballer on 29 March 2005 - 08:38 PM in Off Topic

I play sometimes. It's a bit expensive, which is why I nerf too, but something different is always good. I'm going to agree with Talio in that Nerf is hard to organize. There are no fields like there are for airsoft and paintball, you have to set one up yourself. And that's hard. Most of the kids in my neighborhood would rather play airsoft than Nerf because they don't care if they lose airsoft BB's, but they don't know how to make Stefans. And if I offer them some of my darts, they purposely lose them and treat them like crap, and do stupid things with them like shoot them at cars and windows. I know stock darts couldn't do anything bad to a car or window, but with Stefans... Also, they think Nerf is "geekier" and "kiddish," yet my Nerf guns hurt more than their airsoft guns, (a LOT more) and Nerf takes a lot more skill.

I think paintball is pretty fun, but when every single person is just playing the "spray and pray" game it gets pretty boring. I think Nerf is harder and takes more skill than paintball because you have to reload and prime, when you don't in paintball. The closest thing to reloading is if you have a "rock and cock" pump gun with a ten shot hopper. Then you have to pump one time every shot (it's an easy pump because it drops the paintball into the chamber, rather than filling up an airtank) and reload every ten shots.

I agree with Piney and Bad_Karma. I like Nerf a lot more than paintball (funny how my account name is MattPB though :P)

#51081 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by MattPaintballer on 29 March 2005 - 09:44 PM in General Nerf

Here's the moment you've all been waiting for kiddies......

~Snippity~
The orange thing on top is the cocking mechanism like the Maverick.  There are ammo holders on both sides.  The switch turns the light on and off.  A light flashes to activate glow in the dark darts each time the trigger is pulled.

Am I the only one here who thinks that thing looks uncomfortable and ugly? I hate P90's, and that's almost kind of like one...

Tell me the firefly isn't the coolest thing you've ever seen.  Btw, these are shots of painted models, not what they will look like EXACTLY at market.

The firefly isn't the coolest thing I've ever seen.

#51107 Soooooooo..... :o

Posted by MattPaintballer on 30 March 2005 - 12:04 AM in Off Topic

Aha! I knew the name sounded familiar. It's on Webbzter's site!

You don't remember me 'cause I'm new here, but I've heard your name quite a few times.