Important Info Here

182 replies to this topic

#51 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 10:06 PM

The east coasters seem to have more interest that the west coasters at this point. We need a date. Let's get to planning this.

So why not just have the war over here instead? It'll really be much easier for everyone.

Isn't that what APOC Is for?

Not if we, the east coasters want to become the true tyrants of the Nerfing Empire and control all wars!

Nay! The Next Generation Of the West coast will Ghetto-Gack any who try to take Nerf Supremacy, Left-Coast Style. Westside for life.

(Ps...I got the joke)

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#52 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 10:56 PM

Jurassic, I'd go out on a limb here and say that it'd probably be more productive to help organize instead of stating the obvious. If you had read the first page, you would have read OMC's reasoning for starting this thread.

Guys, the point of this thread is to motivate those fucking surfers and hippies to organize. In other words, take a shower, checkout of the Whole Foods market, and get their shit together...

Armageddon has always been the who's who in the Nerfing community, and some of us are trying to make this the best year of Nerfing yet. Before we chisel the date in a giant slab of stone, I'd like to entertain the idea of hearing from Cx, Spoon, and a few others first. If anyone has any possible way to contact them other than through this board, then by all means, please do so. Aside from that, July 7th works for me.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#53 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 11:02 PM

Right there with ya, boss.

I'm working on getting in contact with Spoon, but I'm having my doubts as to my success. Cxwq's always been good at connecting with him, but I have nothing in terms of contact information for Cxwq. Anyaseijin may have a phone number, as may a few others, but that's out of my hands.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#54 ShatteredDreams

ShatteredDreams

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:22 AM

Right there with ya, boss.

I'm working on getting in contact with Spoon, but I'm having my doubts as to my success. Cxwq's always been good at connecting with him, but I have nothing in terms of contact information for Cxwq. Anyaseijin may have a phone number, as may a few others, but that's out of my hands.

I'll call him tomorrow.

Who is who? Valid question, no lie.

And Grooveeeyy, post-war dance party! Whoa.

Edited by ShatteredDreams, 26 March 2007 - 02:22 AM.

"Diplomats are just as esential to starting a war, as soldiers are to finishing it."- Will Rogers.

#55 AnyaSeijin

AnyaSeijin

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 03:41 PM

Toj, if you can't contact him, tell me. I got his number too. We'll wear him down! Unless he got a new number...than that sucks.

So yeah, I'll try and contact Cx too. Spoon on the other hand is REALLY hard to get ahold of, and has been for almost the past two years. Cx normally is the one to finally contact him. And than Spoon makes his surprise entrance. So yeah. Lets just work on contacting Cx for now.

#56 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 05:29 PM

Yeah, no kidding. A friend of mine and I jokingly tried to find his director's account on imdb.com and stumbled accross it. So of course, I tried to see if there was a way to contact him. It's like he paid the FBI to erase all record or his existence or something.

Toj, if you and Josh can get ahold of Cxwq, we'll be in good shape. Just in case I didn't mention it before, I've confirmed with the Janitorial staff on campus that there will be no construction in the grid this summer, and shouldn't be any anywhere on campus.
----------||||||||)
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#57 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:15 PM

I have a cell phone number for cxwq. I don't know if it is valid or not. He posted it in an Armageddon topic in either '05 or '06. The number was edited out of the topic shortly after it was posted, so don't bother searching for it. If you guys have trouble getting a hold of him, I'll PM what I have to Falcon.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#58 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:24 AM

I also have an email that he uses for PayPal. I don't know if he checks it regularly, but PM me if you want to try it.

#59 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 10:39 AM

I'll try shooting off flares at night, and sending smoke signals during normal daylight hours. If that doesn't work, I'll send five horse messengers to find him. Possibly even a dozen homing pigeons.

-Groove

#60 AnyaSeijin

AnyaSeijin

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 12:53 PM

Wow, at this rate I'm sure somebody will get ahold of him.

My bet is on Groove.

#61 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:45 PM

I am jealous of everyone that will be in attendance this year. I didn't really get into nerf heavily until after last years and this year I will be on the other side of the planet at the time of Armageddon '07.

:(
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#62 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:33 PM

Fuck.

Leave it to Jordan to get to a guy by chatting up his woman.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#63 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:46 PM

Hey, whatever works.

Whoever was in on the pool, Seijin wins.
----------||||||||)

#64 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:53 PM

Do my eyes deceive me? CX posting? What next, Talio back in full force? Vacc laying the smack down? I don't know how much more of this I can take.
I hate you.

#65 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 06:23 AM

The Horses didn't reach you? What about the homing pigeons? Dear God, it's been almost a week, I hope they're still alive.

Well, I'm glad I spoke to the wife because that probably in-turn saved a few more buildings from being burned down to generate enough smoke for a smoke signal.

-Groove

#66 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 11:14 AM

Okay, I have a proposition for you all:

I was home last week for a short few days for the easter holiday, and I stumbled across a school...

Basically, what I'm thinking is this: I know the whole four-portable setup's become somewhat of a Trademark of Armageddon and all that, but I think we're starting to outgrow the size of locations like that. Last year we had what, 33 people playing? There's just no way I think we can really play in a place like that really comfortably with numbers like this. So here's the deal...

I'm not committing anyone to anything; I just want some input from those planning to attend this year. The school I found will, in the first few pictures below, look very similar to the school we used last year. Long hallway that spreads out through block buildings and portables. Well, that's kinda what it is. But last year, the other side of those buildings was just a big whopping open field. And nearly all of us ended up spending a fair amount of time just kinda standing out there shooting back and forth in the open. Makes for a long day.

In the other side of THESE buildings, there's a variety of other stuff. There's a courtyard similar to one at Venado, with planter boxes and benches, and there are large buildings bordering the area on all sides, to help enclose things a bit, and keep people all relatievly close in to each other. Not too close necessarily, but close enough to force us to move around.

What I want to know is, does it look promising enough to YOU guys to give it a shot? I believe we'll have one more YANO this year before Armageddon in June, and possibly a Spring CAFF in late May (around memorial day) and I'd like to have one of those two at this place, if there's enough interest in giving it a try. Honestly, I'd just as soon use the grid at Cullen, but the day's not going to be as good as it could be if we're walking around in clumps around the outside of the grid taking potshots all day.

From in the hall looking out along one side of one of the blockhouses. The long wall sticking out borders the courtyard.
http://tinypic.com/v...php?pic=4ghfq8n

Turn right from the last photo, and you're looking down the hallway. The blockhouse and portables run along the left.
http://tinypic.com/v...php?pic=2w72s78

Between the blockhouse and the portables (see last photo) there's an opening. This is it, facing from the hallway still, and it borders the other side of the courtyard.
http://tinypic.com/v...php?pic=2wd6dfs

Walk through that last photo, and you see the courtyard. The building at the far side is what the first photo's looking down along, at the left.
http://tinypic.com/v...php?pic=40os0f9

From the opposite corner of the courtyard, facing back towards the portables. Those pillars run the full length of that building, and the planter runs along the backside of the portables, and has plenty of space in it for walking etc. without damaging plants, as well as potential for more cover.
http://tinypic.com/v...php?pic=4dfdaio

This is looking down the hallway from the other end. There are two large sets of picnic tables with benches at this end. One is seen here close to the sides of the portables, and the other is behind the camera, and is covered, and very large, like where we dumped all our crap last year.
http://tinypic.com/v...php?pic=2cx6w0o

Any thoughts? This place is located in Covina, CA (a whopping eight-ten minute drive from Cullen) and is about three blocks directly south of the school we used last year (on the same street and everything). There is a Carl's Jr./Green Burrito combined fast food joint directly across the street, and other places are not far off. If we decide to give this a shot, I'll put up more specific location info (ie. address, etc.)

<end sales pitch>

Edited by Falcon, 11 April 2007 - 12:12 PM.

----------||||||||)

#67 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 05:19 AM

Finding a field is up to the CA Crew. More importantly, we need to discuss logging for the East Coasters. We are working on assembling a "party plane" type thing that will be carrying all of us from one location to you via Newark Airport. Kind of a long story, but if it works out, the Easties can ride for FREE to this war, thus being able to bring a large number of us say like 15-20, but I don't know who officially has signed up.

Now the question is, who in the HELL can handle all of that? We are asking a lot from you guys out there, but please let us know if someone even has the yard space that we can sleep in. More on this when we finally set a date.
I hate you.

#68 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 06:12 AM

Set a date for what? The war is July 7th, is it not?

#69 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 07:02 AM

My bad, there were so many long ass posts i missed the date. July 7th is correct. I don't know how crowded it will be, being the weekend after july 4th. The airport I mean of course. But we'll deal.
I hate you.

#70 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:13 PM

Oh wow...

Sheesh...15-20 people?

Thanks for letting me know! That helps quite a bit. If it ends up that that many of you make it, that may even be too much for the new place to handle. I have an alternate that I thought would be a bit /too/ large for Armageddon, but it is multi-leveled up the wazzoo and all that fun stuff. The sooner you can let me know just how many people are coming, the better. This second place is in glendora, but I'll have to write a letter to the school to ask them about our using it. If we can't, we'll make do with the first place, but with numbers like that, this second option would REALLY be nice.

As for lodging, I have all sorts of space at my home in Glendora that is already made available for Armageddon. If that many of you are coming, we'll bust out the tents and have a big fat sleep in the backyard gig...lol.
----------||||||||)

#71 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:48 PM

I'm interested in going. If the flight is free. Being only 15 I have no idea how my parents will feel about my flying out to California with you all and sleeping in some kid's house or something, so I have no idea right now. But I'll definitely try.
SexD Warves

#72 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 06:33 PM

Finding a field is up to the CA Crew. More importantly, we need to discuss logging for the East Coasters. We are working on assembling a "party plane" type thing that will be carrying all of us from one location to you via Newark Airport. Kind of a long story, but if it works out, the Easties can ride for FREE to this war, thus being able to bring a large number of us say like 15-20, but I don't know who officially has signed up.

Now the question is, who in the HELL can handle all of that? We are asking a lot from you guys out there, but please let us know if someone even has the yard space that we can sleep in. More on this when we finally set a date.

if seriously you're up for the Big ass yard that we could fill up with tents, my Grandparents live in G-town, and I was perhaps going to get my crew to go up the night before, if I set things up far enough in advance, we could probably get the A-ok for y'all to crash there base camp style. They're yard is about the size of their house's footprint, we're talking about around 1500square feet or more.

-bags

Edited by baghead, 16 April 2007 - 07:01 PM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#73 AnyaSeijin

AnyaSeijin

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:46 PM

Time for the bad news.
I moved. Up to Northern Cali to be precise. I got the job I had been working on getting for sometime. So, As for my attendence to any war beyond this point, it looks slim. However, I will try extremely hard to make 'Geddon. Since it is on a Saturday I'll try my best. I make no promises. Good luck to the rest of you.

#74 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:42 PM

Aww, Seijin...

Congrats on the job! We're gonna miss you down here.

Will you still be attempting the Sojurn to Apoc this summer or no? And is Daniel still in Barstow?

While I'm here, has anyone heard from Ray? Do we know if he'll be home for the summer?

Edited by Falcon, 16 April 2007 - 11:17 PM.

----------||||||||)

#75 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 03:00 PM

My possibility of going right now is about 50-60%. My mother is at least open to the possibility of it, now it all depends on logistics and what my dad thinks. If I do go it may not be on the same flight as the rest of the East Coasters; I think it would be much easier to fly to Newark (it's eight hours away by car) and then meet up with the rest of you guys and fly from there to California but my parents have a lot of frequent flyer miles they haven't used so my mother's thinking it may be easier to just send me straight out from Pittsburgh to Cali. I'm really not sure yet but I've taken the first step towards going.

EDIT: If I go it will definitely be a direct flight to California, so once I know what time you all will be getting to the airport out there I (or rather my parents) will book a flight that will get to the same airport silghtly later and I'll meet you there. It's still a huge maybe but I'm at least possibly going.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 17 April 2007 - 03:37 PM.

SexD Warves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users