Armageddon 2007 Planning Thread

Important Info Here

182 replies to this topic

#26 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:47 PM

If I can arrange to come (I live way out on the East Coast), then it would be better to have a late-June war. I'll be across the pond in Germany for two weeks, and I don't want to miss the first 'geddon since I joined the NIC. However, I won't knowo any more about the trip until April of May, so don't count on me for right now. Plus, it doesn't sound like anyone wants to hit the mid-summer heat in July, so June is probably better anyways.

OMC:
Don't feel bad. At least you still have your "Kill Skill". And a reputation to everyone who hasn't read that post.

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 07 March 2007 - 08:57 PM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#27 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 07:49 PM

OMC:
Don't feel bad. At least you still have your vast arsenal of doom. And a reputation to everyone who hasn't read that post.

Vast arsenal? He has like 4 guns, and OMC you also forgot about be picked after badger.

I'm trying to get out to the war this summer, but I might have to wait till next year.

Edited by Dark Shrimp, 06 March 2007 - 07:51 PM.

Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#28 JurassicPark

JurassicPark

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:19 PM

I might be able to go providing my parents will let me. Money is no problem for me. But would you let a 14 year old go halfway across a country? I will try though.
"Why can't we see shit? Thats not a good sign."

-My Dad

#29 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:46 PM

OMC:
Don't feel bad. At least you still have your vast arsenal of doom. And a reputation to everyone who hasn't read that post.

Vast arsenal? He has like 4 guns, and OMC you also forgot about be picked after badger.

I must have mixed him up with someone else, but from what I've heard, it's a bad idea to let OMC have even one gun.

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 06 March 2007 - 08:57 PM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

#30 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:29 PM

I love this kid. It's a bad idea to give me anything, for the record. Dark Shrimp is totally right though, I got picked after Badger.
I hate you.

#31 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:05 PM

And to get back on topic:
6/9, 6/16, 6/23, 6/30, 7/7, 7/14

#32 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:19 PM

I love this kid. It's a bad idea to give me anything, for the record. Dark Shrimp is totally right though, I got picked after Badger.

Hey, I resemble that remark....I mean resent it. Anyways, Maryann and I are going to try to save up our money to make it to Armageddon as well as have a mini-vacation while we are out there. No promises yet, but I will keep everyone updated.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#33 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 08:55 PM

as well as have a mini-vacation while we are out there.

That's the excuse I plan to use to get my parents to drag me out there. If I can even make it...

#34 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 12:41 AM

Okay, I'm not dead, for one. Heck, we had a clan war today. Dead my foot...

Okay enough lame whining and such. On to the important stuff:

For starters, I'm on spring break right now. But that also means that I am without a computer to check regularly, because my computer is a desktop, and one can only bring so much crap on the train to get home without being charged like ten bucks for checked baggage, so Max was left behind. I finally found a spare moment on my dad's comp this evening, hence this fun little post.

So after this coming sunday, I'll be back down in San Diego at school, and will be able to more actively participate in planning, etc.

For those planning on coming from outside location (specifically for those intending to fly into Southern California, you have two options as far as airports go. Los Angeles international (LAX) and Ontario (ONT) airports are the only two around here worth anything. I will be able to donate a floor to the cause of some people who decide to come out, so if you are serious about coming out for the weekend and aren't already banking on getting housing from Cxwq (you know who you are) let me know and we'll work on that.

Today, when we had our little bit of clan war fun at Cullen Elementary School, I had a short chat with our old Custodian Friend who we haven't seen in a little while. I asked him about the state of the construction projects at the schools in the district, and am happy to inform you that THIS summer, the district will not be ripping into the ground at the school. NO LOCATION CHANGES REQUIRED.

I know a few people had a bit of a problem with that last year, so I'm just going to say it right now. And if there are any location changes that DO end up happening, I am going to personally PM every person who says they're coming, and will let them know. Because not knowing where a war is, well, kinda sucks.

Armageddon 2007 will be (until further notice) at Cullen Elementary School in Glendora, CA. Glendora is about 15 minutes east of Pasadena, CA (where the rose parade is) for the locals.

The school can be found on mapquest/googlemaps at:

440 N. Live Oak Ave.
Glendora, CA 91741

We WILL have access to the Grid, and we can always for any reason either move to the park next door, or drive one block east to Sellers Elementary School if necessary. But the chances of that are incredibly slim. The school is so used to us that we walked right on in and started playing today while there were still kids playing soccer no less than 50 yards from us. Not a single complaint from a parent (albeit a few odd looks) and nothing initially more than a smile and a nod from the custodial staff. We're set.

Any saturday in July works for me. I'm not sure how early in June we can push it, as far as when school is over for High Schoolers, but I'll find out soon enough. I'm done with school in mid-may, and I'll be here in Glendora all summer, so that won't be a problem. I'll throw the dates around with my group and see what I can get out of the fourteen of them, and let you know what dates are looking good for them.

I'm glad to see such a good sized group planning to come out from Jersey again. I'll be good to see some familiar faces and meet a few more. Now if we can just get Cxwq and Spoon to, you know, check the forums at some point, we'll have something going.

If there's something that I didn't cover here, let me know. Travel details, housing, whatever, I probably won't have a chance to get back to you until sunday night, but I will when the time comes.

Edited by Falcon, 10 March 2007 - 12:44 AM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#35 Mantis

Mantis

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 01:03 PM

Its good to see this is coming together so early. I might be able to make it, if some of the other clowns from this (better) side of the country come.

Happy 3/11 Day!
Personal LCM Summer Tune-Up Stats:
K:H=1.00
Shots Fired: 2.1 x 10^4
Fun had: 97%

#36 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:29 PM

Mantis - Shoot me an email or a message on AIM sometime - pokertriad@gmail.com, pokertriad

need to talk to you about transportation.

Edit:

The east coasters seem to have more interest that the west coasters at this point. We need a date. Let's get to planning this.

Edited by RAMBO, 20 March 2007 - 04:33 PM.

#37 ShatteredDreams

ShatteredDreams

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 12:32 AM

Mantis - Shoot me an email or a message on AIM sometime - pokertriad@gmail.com, pokertriad

need to talk to you about transportation.

Edit:

The east coasters seem to have more interest that the west coasters at this point. We need a date. Let's get to planning this.

We west coast 'surfers and hippies' just take a while to get the ball a-rollin'.

So with that, this Effeminate war I will definately make. Whenever it happens to be.

Even if it's just to yell, THIS. IS. SPARTAAA!!! Soon to become the most overused phrase in history, but it will always share a warm place in my heart.

And now... this So-Cal surfer says it's time for Thirsty Thursday.

Edited by ShatteredDreams, 23 March 2007 - 12:33 AM.

"Diplomats are just as esential to starting a war, as soldiers are to finishing it."- Will Rogers.

#38 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:12 AM

There's plenty of interest over here. Only problem is that most of the interest is either not registered on the forums, or is dormant. Bags and I (as a few of you are aware) both have sizable groups who will be coming, but only one or two guys from my group are even registered on the forums. As for dormancy...when Cxwq and Spoon hop on and make a post or two, things'll step themselves up.

All of the guys in my group who are still in high school (which is a good ten of them) can't make any of the June dates. How are things looking for July for all of you?
----------||||||||)
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#39 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 06:50 AM

I was hoping to do something in July myself. It's so far out at this point, I could probably take any time off needed. Again, the whole reason I started this topic was to set a date so the Easties could get their plane tickets earlier and cheaper.
I hate you.

#40 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:25 AM

Our east coast transport needs a date.

July 14-21 I am away. That's my only confliction.

#41 AnyaSeijin

AnyaSeijin

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 05:48 PM

July 7th it is.

I doubt Cx will complain or even say anything at this rate about when Armageddon is. So, unles there are any good complaints about that date. July 7th. Kids are out of school, its far enough out to get the easties over here, and just remember to bring LOTS of water. Thank you.

#42 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:05 PM

So, it's for sure the 7th? Alright, I'll get on the horn guys.

#43 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:13 PM

Seems to float well for us on this end, and I think that fits well into Bags' group's schedule. Hopefully Cxwq and Spoon (or at least the former) can hop in soon and confirm it as final, but I'd say as of right now that's it.
----------||||||||)

#44 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:29 PM

Seems to float well for us on this end, and I think that fits well into Bags' group's schedule. Hopefully Cxwq and Spoon (or at least the former) can hop in soon and confirm it as final, but I'd say as of right now that's it.

so far so good, but if tony can't come I'm going to have to request a change, because I didn't just finish repairing his gun for nothing...

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#45 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 07:42 PM

So why not just have the war over here instead? It'll really be much easier for everyone. We can even simulate the whole experience, everyone can just sit in a car not moving for a while and every so often someone can say "Please buckle your seat belts"
Tyranny Response Team

#46 JurassicPark

JurassicPark

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 07:46 PM

For the west coasters I'd go out on a limb and say that that is because they drive for an hour at most.(my guessimate) So they can check in at early summer. No plane ticket to buy, less time needed to pick a date.

Edited by JurassicPark, 25 March 2007 - 08:45 PM.

"Why can't we see shit? Thats not a good sign."

-My Dad

#47 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 07:50 PM

I'd go out on a limb and say that that is because they drive for an hour at most.(my guessimate) So they can check in at early summer. No plane ticket to buy, less time needed to pick a date.

What are you talking about? The east coasters need to travel to the other side of the country to have this war.

#48 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 08:24 PM

I think he was talking about the West Coasters.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#49 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 08:51 PM

So why not just have the war over here instead? It'll really be much easier for everyone.

Isn't that what APOC Is for?

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#50 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 09:57 PM

So why not just have the war over here instead? It'll really be much easier for everyone.

Isn't that what APOC Is for?

Not if we, the east coasters want to become the true tyrants of the Nerfing Empire and control all wars!

Oh, I was just making a joke.
Tyranny Response Team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users