Important Info Here

182 replies to this topic

#76 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 05:15 PM

Great! When you start thinking about a place to stay, etc., let me know and I'll work this something out with you!
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#77 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:05 AM

Bad news - Our free ride is no more. Sorry guys. I may still make it, however.

#78 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 05:21 AM

I fucking knew this would happen. I'm sure this will drastically change the number of east coast attendees now. I am still going. I know someone will be willing to house me, so if possible please let me know who as I haven't heard from CX in forever.

Since Rambo sucks, I will be booking my flight ASAP, as I knew I would have to anyway. I flew into Ontario last year, so my question is, is that the best for whoever wants to host me?

I apologize for the inconvenience and the assumption that someone will pick me up and all that. However, I can offer the host the same accommodations if they are coming to APOC this year in return. Let me know who's available.

Also, to my host:
What time would be most convenient for arrival. I can get there in the morning before noon, or around 7:30. Those are the cheapest options so far. Just let me know so I can book this ASAP.

Edited by One Man Clan, 24 April 2007 - 05:40 AM.

I hate you.

#79 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:52 AM

Shut up, I told you from the first day I mentioned it that I doubted it actually happening.

#80 AnyaSeijin

AnyaSeijin

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:07 AM

I apologize for the inconvenience and the assumption that someone will pick me up and all that. However, I can offer the host the same accommodations if they are coming to APOC this year in return. Let me know who's available.

Also, to my host:
What time would be most convenient for arrival. I can get there in the morning before noon, or around 7:30. Those are the cheapest options so far. Just let me know so I can book this ASAP.

OMC, please explain what you mean by morning before. Like, the day before, or the morning before the war? I think this would help others. I didn't understand it personally. And heck, if need be, i'll pick you up on my way if nothing comes up-so just get the dang flight booked at Ontario Airport. I think we'd all agree that LAX is ass.

#81 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 05:46 AM

Oops, my apologies. I meant on Friday the day before the war. I was asking because I don't know who has work/school and whatnot.

Without the "party plane" it looks like our attendance has dropped to 4. Kuhlscrank, Groove, and Myself will discuss our options this weekend and let everyone know our plans. Rambo will be along for the ride.
I hate you.

#82 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 11:16 AM

Ontario's the place to be. It's not covered in an almost visible layer of dust from cars and planes, it's smaller, and it's not the world's most confusing roadway to navigate, as per LAX.

I can house you. As for what time the day before, are your options 12 noon and 7:30 AM or PM?

Also, what airline are you coming in on? I've been looking at flights for August, but it doesn't appear that Southwest flies into Newark. American does, but I'm still option shopping.

Edited by Falcon, 26 April 2007 - 11:41 AM.

----------||||||||)
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#83 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 04:28 PM

We're planning on coming out of Philly, not Newark.

#84 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 05:04 PM

Mkay, cool. The question still stands, though, as to what you're flying. I'll be coming in to Newark in August.
----------||||||||)

#85 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 05:30 PM

I don't know - OMC is making plans, I think he mentioned Continental though.

#86 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 10:53 PM

Yes, most likely continental. Philly to Ontario via Houston. I will book and let it be known this weekend most likely.
I hate you.

#87 nerf neil

nerf neil

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 07:17 PM

I am going to 'geddon for sure. I live in san diego it is only 2 hours away.
I LIKE TO SHOOT PEOPLE WITH NERF GUNS!

ROCK 'N' ROLL!

#88 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 07:26 PM

You live in SD?

Do you have a group of friends that you Nerf with? I go to school in San Diego (Point Loma, to be exact.) If you've got a small group, we could probably get together pretty easily next school year and have a few wars. PM me.
----------||||||||)

#89 nerf neil

nerf neil

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:39 PM

I couldn't find it posted <_< but when does 'Geddon start?

ROCK 'N' ROLL!

#90 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:52 PM

What time? I'd guess either 9am or 10am. It's petty much prelim stuff now, anyway.

Edited by RAMBO, 01 May 2007 - 10:52 PM.

#91 nerf neil

nerf neil

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:06 PM

I was searching ARMAGEDDON and I this piece of info:

Geddon info

and I wonderd if the info would be for this year also, it was used last year so I thought it probaly(sp?) goes for this year.

EDIT:Minus the Venado Middle School and the date.

Edited by nerf_neil, 03 May 2007 - 02:29 PM.

ROCK 'N' ROLL!

#92 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:48 PM

That was used 4 years ago. The date for this Armageddon is July 7th(First Saturday), not June 28th. The time is probably fairly accurate though.

#93 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:10 PM

We meet at 10 am. And until further notice, the location remains as follows:

CULLEN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
440 N. Live Oak Ave.
Glendora, CA 91741

Edited by Falcon, 03 May 2007 - 12:11 PM.

----------||||||||)

#94 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 12:57 AM

The 7th eh? Sounds fun.

Lemme know who's staying at my place and when to pick you guys up from ONT. I'll plan to be ill on Friday the 6th so timing is not an issue.

I'll need the day to work on my shit anyway. My guns and darts are exactly as you last saw them when you flew out after the last Armageddon.

Falcon can continue to run the actual war planning of course as he's doing a fine job. Let me know where to show up.

Cheers.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#95 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 06:52 AM

If we're staying at cx's, Hersh better start practicing up on Quidditch world cup. I'd hate to see him get owned by a 7 year-old...AGAIN.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#96 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:07 AM

I was actually planning on getting it this weekend. Gamestop is having a buy 2 get one free on old xbox games. Kevin, let me know if there's another game your son would like a thorough ass whooping at and I'll be sure to pick it up.
I hate you.

#97 nerf neil

nerf neil

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 04:42 PM

What I ment with the info sheet is that the rules and format the same.

ROCK 'N' ROLL!

#98 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 04:50 PM

Can't say as I've never been to Cali for a war, but we're not so organized on the EC. Team capitans change round to round, and such.

#99 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 05:43 PM

What I ment with the info sheet is that the rules and format the same.

For the most part, with a few minor differences.

I've flown out three times for Armageddon, and they've all been run in similar formats. Last year we had over 30 people I believe, but we didn't run multiple games simultaneously. Two team captains are chosen, teammates are chosen in an alternating fashion. One team is tape, the other no-tape (used to distinguish teammates from opposing players). 3/15 is the usual format, and the shooter calls the hit. After three hits you are out, and return to the staging area to chill until the round is over. Periodic dart sweeps are made in-between rounds every so often, so make sure your darts are marked in some way/shape/form.

I'm not hosting the war, that's Falcon's department, so I'm not calling the shots here. I can't say anything on banned weapons either, but the general rule of thumb is not to bring a brassed SM5K or single-barreled Titan. I'm just speaking from experience. The stuff about not touching other people's guns, being generally cool with others is also a very good bit of information.

Hope that helps.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#100 nerf neil

nerf neil

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 05:50 PM

Ok thanks and did help.

100 reply on this fourm!

Edited by nerf_neil, 05 May 2007 - 11:40 AM.

ROCK 'N' ROLL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users