Important Info Here

182 replies to this topic

#1 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:33 AM

As busy as the East Coasters are, I would like to know what the status for THE West Coast war is. I want to plan my travels ASAP so the sooner the better. Just trying to jump start you guys...

OFFICIAL ARMAGEDDON PLANS UPDATED ON 6/12/07:

Date:
Saturday, July 7th, 2007

SELLERS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
500 N. LORAINE AVE.
GLENDORA, CA 91741

Time:
START 10:00am
END: WHEN WE CAN'T MOVE

Mmkay, folks, here we go.

Last year, Cullen was under construction. Apparently, it was preparatory work for this summer. I know, I know. Not cool. BUT there is a huge perk.

They're installing THREE full-sized permanent portables adjacent to our beloved grid, and they'll be there to stay; I spoke with the front office about it.

THIS year, however, construction's already begun, so we'll be elsewhere this one last time.

For a visual idea of a little bit of the place, go look up the 'Geddon trailer or war video (which has the trailer in it). The location photos at the beginning are of this place.

When you arrive at the school, pull into the parking lot and park as far back as you possibly can, preferably close to the concrete stairs you'll see on the far left of the parking lot at the back.

For those of you familiar with the area already, you might note when you look it up on google maps for directions that it is all of a block away from Cullen Elementary. By no means a life-altering change. If you said you could go before, this WILL NOT affect whether or not you can come now.

Also, again this year (for the locals) if you've got some spare large trash cans and/or card tables that you could bring along with you, that'd be great. We'll have a bunch, but it never hurts to have a few more. Along with that, if anyone happens to have an EZ-UP (those quick-folding picnic cover thingies) that'd probably be nice. There's shade, but we could probably use a little artificial shade too.

If you have any questions, PM Falcon.
I hate you.

#2 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:08 PM

Getting this started sooner rather than later would be nice. I don't really look forward to paying upwards of $600 for a plane ticket 2 weeks before the war date. Sooner = Cheaper for those of us that are travelling.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#3 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:23 PM

I'd third that notion. I'm not sure If I'll be coming or not, but I'm at least going to make an attempt.

#4 Commonly Hunted

Commonly Hunted

• Banned
  • 254 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 03:01 PM

When does the war usually happen? I'd love to come to one but would need to know when and where.
QUOTE(Pineapple)

Next one who wants to be Michael Jackson, and save the world, gets a trip to Neverland.

Buy Boltsniper's guns!
Borrowed by FoamReaper of Boltsniper Forums.

#5 nube

nube

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 05:57 PM

Yeah, like CH said, when and where is it going to be this year? I most likely won't be coming this year, but I would most definetely(sp?) love to come for the first time.
QUOTE(One Man Clan @ Mar 6 2007, 04:59 AM) View Post

I really should reevaluate my Nerf carreer. I have been ultimated multiple times in a war, shot by a girl with an arced NF, and EMBARASSED by a 6 year old in quidditch on xbox. What am I doing with my life?

#6 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 07:01 PM

Guys, the point of this thread is to motivate those fucking surfers and hippies to organize. In other words, take a shower, checkout of the Whole Foods market, and get their shit together. And the 3 of you who "might not be going," you won't know until they set a date. If you do know that you won't attend, we don't need to know that. Groove and I (the grownups) have to plan ahead of time to avoid spending many hundreds of dollars more than is necessary.

Thanks.
I hate you.

#7 Commonly Hunted

Commonly Hunted

• Banned
  • 254 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:38 PM

What kind of tree is that OMC?
QUOTE(Pineapple)

Next one who wants to be Michael Jackson, and save the world, gets a trip to Neverland.

Buy Boltsniper's guns!
Borrowed by FoamReaper of Boltsniper Forums.

#8 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:21 PM

I'm coming. I need to kick the shit out of someone while I'm there too. So, let's get a date set.

#9 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:31 PM

I will be back out there again.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#10 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 12:00 AM

This might not help, but where is it normally help(i.e. West coast; east coast)?
If its in the west coast, I can probably make it(depending on where it is).
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#11 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 12:17 AM

It's held in Glendora, California.

#12 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 10:22 AM

This might not help, but where is it normally help(i.e. West coast; east coast)?

That was in the first post, but okay...

You guys might want to get in touch with Shattered Dreams and Baghead, since I heard that they were pretty active at the last Armageddon.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#13 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 10:58 AM

Opp sorry guys. I wasn't paying attention(as usual).
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#14 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:50 PM

You guys might want to get in touch with Shattered Dreams and Baghead, since I heard that they were pretty active at the last Armageddon.

Equally important would be to contact Falcon, Seeing as he and CX did the bulk of the planning for it last year, any who, I'm up for just about anything right now, I just need to find a new job far enough ahead to let me get the day off. ( I had been newly employed at P2R at the time of Armageddon '06, and I'm job hunting again now...) but other than that, I don't have any preference, except, how about we don't hold it on the hottest day of the year? Fuck, it was hot last year.

-bags

Edited by baghead, 05 March 2007 - 03:09 PM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#15 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:11 PM

What rock have you been living under? Good God, man.

If I remember correctly we've been doing mid-July for the past couple of Armageddons, and that would certainly work again I suppose. As far as weather is concerned, I agree with you Bags. Last year's weather could be summarized with 'center of the fucking sun' kind of hot. Although there is a smidge of uncertainty with weather when we're planning this far in advance, I'm guessing late May might be slightly cooler?

-Groove

#16 AnyaSeijin

AnyaSeijin

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:06 PM

Guys, the point of this thread is to motivate those fucking surfers and hippies to organize. In other words, take a shower, checkout of the Whole Foods market, and get their shit together. And the 3 of you who "might not be going," you won't know until they set a date. If you do know that you won't attend, we don't need to know that. Groove and I (the grownups) have to plan ahead of time to avoid spending many hundreds of dollars more than is necessary.

Thanks.

That made me giggle.

Yeah. I agree about getting it planned. So, since Falcon has died, and Cx has yet to be seen or heard of in our area of life. I will take some charge, and throw out dates that make sense.

June: 9, 16, 23, 30
(All Saturdays)
July: 7, 14 (I don't want to go much later than that)
May: 19,26 (Are the later dates in May)

So far all dates I have thrown out are Saturdays. I have a request to see if anyone wants to try for a Friday, since we're in summer and no school anyway. I know that is somewhat difficult for workers, but so are Saturdays. So we will always do what works best.

As of right now, I cannot in my own life plan that far ahead. Babies and new jobs await me.

PS Godzilla for President Y'all!

Edited by AnyaSeijin, 05 March 2007 - 10:09 PM.

#17 Grenado

Grenado

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:32 PM

Falcon's dead?! Literally or metaphorically?

#18 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:54 PM

Falcon's dead?! Literally or metaphorically?

metaphorically, he just happens to be somewhat more attached to school, and less connected to teh NIC right now... that's all.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#19 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:02 PM

I would prefer a June or July date, because Lafayette College gets out mid-May.
I didn't mind it being on a Saturday like last year. I am strongly against a Friday war as I won't be able to take off two days in a row from work.

Edited by Kuhlschrank, 06 March 2007 - 07:34 AM.

#20 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:24 PM

I'll forward this to Falcon in real life, and see if we can't get him organising this, or at least helping out.

For reference, if we're planning to do Armageddon out in the Glendora area, we'll need a date either well before June 14 (the last day of school for the GUSD) or a little after (16th should suffice) so that we don't piss off the district.
Holder of the original Split-Tech 2k

"Headband" - as so named by OMC
"That One Guy in the Pineapple Shirt" -So aptly named by Baghead

#21 AnyaSeijin

AnyaSeijin

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:37 AM

I would prefer a June or July date, because Lafayette College gets out mid-May.
I didn't mind it being on a Sunday like last year, but a Saturday could work too. I am strongly against a Friday war as I won't be able to take off two days in a row from work.

I think you mean two years ago. Cause last year I was there, and I know I wouldn't of been if it was on a Sunday. And as usual, I mind if its on a Sunday. For me, thats my WORK day. Can't take it off.

#22 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 06:59 AM

Yea Tyler, it was definitely on a Saturday. We flew in on Friday, warred on Saturday, left on Sunday and arrived super early Monday morning. I walked into my house i believe sometime around 4AM. That weekend pretty much blurred together for me, so I can see why you would think as such. Also, because of work, I would vote for a Saturday war like last year. I would still have to burn 2 vacation days, but it would be worth it.

Someone needs to see if CX is still out there. If so, we East Coasters need to know about accommodations. Not that I'm inviting myself over, but if he can't host us we need to make other arrangements. I still owe his son an rematch in Quidditch.

....as an aside, I really should reevaluate my Nerf carreer. I have been ultimated multiple times in a war, shot by a girl with an arced NF, and EMBARASSED by a 6 year old in quidditch on xbox. What am I doing with my life?
I hate you.

#23 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 07:17 AM

....as an aside, I really should reevaluate my Nerf carreer. I have been ultimated multiple times in a war, shot by a girl with an arced NF, and EMBARASSED by a 6 year old in quidditch on xbox. What am I doing with my life?

Oh, how the mighty have fallen...

-Groove

#24 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 07:33 AM

Yea, you two were right. I forgot about the red-eye flight where our md-80 tin can jet felt like it was gonna fall apart over Utah.

#25 Richomundo

Richomundo

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:31 PM

If anyone needs accomodations, whether from the east coast or elsewhere, I have ample space in my apartment for guests.

I live in 90403, right on the beach in Santa Monica. Not far from Glendora or LAX.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users