Photo

Modding Basics

48 replies to this topic

#26 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:37 PM

Green riptide, you pretty much explained it, but the technical difference from CPVC to PVC is that PVC measures the ID only, but CPVC measures the whole diameter, inner and outer, combined. Just a little something to add. And GR, you're right, CPVC does have a tighter fir on most darts. But I can say that for a gun like the titan, I put a 1/2 inch PVC barrel, (attaches to a coupler and has a dart stop), for stock darts, like Micros, PVC is good, because you can put them all the way at the back of the barrel easily, and they are MUCH more accurate when they are a long ways down the barrel.

PVC doesn't go by ID. Neither does CPVC go by OD. 1/2 PVC has an ID of like .62. The OD of CPVC is .625 (5/8).
it also has a cock on it

-Chief

#27 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:20 PM

Green riptide, you pretty much explained it, but the technical difference from CPVC to PVC is that PVC measures the ID only, but CPVC measures the whole diameter, inner and outer, combined. Just a little something to add. And GR, you're right, CPVC does have a tighter fir on most darts. But I can say that for a gun like the titan, I put a 1/2 inch PVC barrel, (attaches to a coupler and has a dart stop), for stock darts, like Micros, PVC is good, because you can put them all the way at the back of the barrel easily, and they are MUCH more accurate when they are a long ways down the barrel.

PVC doesn't go by ID. Neither does CPVC go by OD. 1/2 PVC has an ID of like .62. The OD of CPVC is .625 (5/8).

Actually, I think it is .64.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#28 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:29 AM

The "CPVC" that is so often discussed here is PVC pipe that is made to be compatible with copper fittings. So it's OD is around .625". Usually appears off-white in color.

1/2 size pipe has an OD of .84"
The Wall thickness (and in turn the ID) of 1/2 size pipe is determined by the Schedule number (SCH).
1/2 SCH40 pipe has an ID around .608"
1/2 SCH80 pipe has an ID around .527" to .547" depending on the material it's made out of

I mostly use 1/2 CH80 pipe made out of Dark Grey Type I PVC.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 04 April 2008 - 09:31 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#29 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:55 PM

Is SCH40 best for stock darts?
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#30 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:01 PM

I find that PVC, including SH40, is best for stock darts. Metals don't work as well.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#31 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 11:25 AM

Get shoe boxes for modding.

On the lid you can draw a diagram for the screws, and the inside can hold the gun.

I've done this now a couple of times and it works WONDERS!
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#32 Polar-Ben

Polar-Ben

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:43 PM

this is an easy mod and it was my fist one.

its for the nightfinder and it lets you hold two darts in the battery pack

after you open your gun up, take clippers and cut the spring out from the batery pack, close your gun back up.

Open your baterry pack and put masking tape between the holes, and now you can hold a total of 5 darts

#33 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:54 PM

This is an easy mod and it was my first one. It's for the nightfinder and it lets you hold two darts in the battery pack.
After you open your gun up, take clippers and cut the spring out from the battery pack, close your gun back up. Open your baterry pack and put masking tape between the holes, and now you can hold a total of 5 darts.

Now, please use proper grammar. I fixed your post for you, and highlighted some of the mistakes. But what exactly do you mean, by putting masking tape between the holes? I can't really visualize what you are talking about. Can you explain a little more? I have always wanted to turn the battery pack into an ammo holder, but I only knew how to do it one way; with brass.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#34 nerf365

nerf365

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 09:31 AM

there is a gun that my firend modded... in the name it has the letters- A1 - or something... its pump is in the back and it has a pressure gauge. it is one of the best mods iv'e every seen...(but wtf do i know??/im a new nerfer)

i want to know what the gun was called(cuz not even he knows the own name of the flipin gun)

and i need to know how to mod it

ty

p.s IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT IT IS, PM ME!!!!

That sounds just like the Titan. Oh, and if I were you I would read the Code of C
onduct. You need to capitalize your "I's", and dont use any "ty's, lol's, etc", they really frown on that and will kick you off the haven unless you go by the Code of Conduct.
You plugged the fucking pump?!!!

What kind of performance are you seeing out of that beast? I shot myself with it stock and it left a mark for an hour. What do you do with that? Hunt small game and children?

#35 Vistagecko

Vistagecko

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 09:55 AM

You not only just necroed a thread with nothing significant to add, but you attempted to correct the grammar from a post that was over a year old.

Maybe you need to read the Code of Conduct
before you attempt to correct others. Remember to always check dates, BEFORE you post.

Edited by Vistagecko, 03 October 2008 - 09:57 AM.

QUOTE(The Kart Racing Nerf Man @ May 6 2009, 07:31 PM) View Post

I lubed it again and again, I don't see what an extra 2 centimeters does. I don't think I will cut it off.
BMX Forum

#36 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:12 AM

You not only just necroed a thread with nothing significant to add, but you attempted to correct the grammar from a post that was over a year old.

before you attempt to correct others. Remember to always check dates, BEFORE you post.

And its stickied, so its not a necro. Be more aware of the unwritten rules before you try to backseat mod please?

Thank you, come again.

Im serious about the shoe boxes people.

Also, USE GLUE when holding a nitefinder plunger tube together. The AR piece at the end? it broke out on my during a war, and when I put it all back together, I had lost my catch spring so I was screwed.

#37 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 01:20 PM

And its stickied, so its not a necro. Be more aware of the unwritten rules before you try to backseat mod please?

Thank you, come again.

Also, USE GLUE when holding a nitefinder plunger tube together. The AR piece at the end? it broke out on my during a war, and when I put it all back together, I had lost my catch spring so I was screwed.

And don't forget to put a bunch of hot glue in the shell around the plunger tube, it really helps with the impact of the of the plunger head on the end of the plunger tube.

#38 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 01:28 PM

Thank you, come again.

And don't forget to put a bunch of hot glue in the shell around the plunger tube, it really helps with the impact of the of the plunger head on the end of the plunger tube.

I was about to add that aswell, but if you use to much, then it becomes un fixable when something bad happens. And it will happen.

#39 ORANGE 714

ORANGE 714

• Banned
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:52 PM

I have not been able to find any posts about stretching springs on any of the forums. I stretched my springs and gained quite a bit of power. I figured that this is either an obvious mod or a mod that for some reason is a no-no in the nerfing world, due to the non-exsistant posts about the topic. Pardon the noobness, but is there a drawback to this or is it just so obvious that no one has taken time to post it? Or.... Am I just a monster forumtard that cannot find anything about this?

um how did you stretch it did you pull it until your desired length or did you do it like a pro heat it up then pull it and let it air dry
FIRE IS FUN
COMING FROM A PYRO

#40 boom

boom

• Banned
  • 209 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:57 PM

What kind of spring would work for a ls catch.
I'm just the scitzophrenic clusterfuck of randomness that is me.

#41 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:02 PM

There really isn't a specific name or classification that you could go around a home depo and find a tiny spring. Just take a look at what you can find around the house and find a stronger spring, or more springs that can fit. If you have a few spare destroyed guns, there are usually some good springs the size your looking for in the trigger area.

And please put question marks at the end of questions.

Edited by Wes7143, 04 November 2008 - 09:03 PM.

QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#42 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:17 AM

You can also use the spring from a mechanical pencil, or a mechanical pen for a catch spring.

#43 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:44 PM

Just incase anyone wants their AT2K trigger to still function like it does stock, (sliding on the pump) you can use the orange "barrel" off the top of LSFG to put the trigger on. It fits it very nicely. Not sure how you could use this in any way, but its something to think about.
"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#44 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:18 AM

Just incase anyone wants their AT2K trigger to still function like it does stock, (sliding on the pump) you can use the orange "barrel" off the top of LSFG to put the trigger on. It fits it very nicely. Not sure how you could use this in any way, but its something to think about.

Duh, it would be perfect for pump relocations so you can pump it better, or have a different pump all together, and still maintain the stock trigger, thus less bending of the firing pin. You get a W for WIN in my book.

#45 yahman1254

yahman1254

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:02 PM

hey guys i modded an airtech 2000 with the typical plugged up release valve and i put in a crayola barrel. the problem i am having is that with more than 2 pumps i rip the original darts and the stefans i made go 2 feet. i think the stefans are too much of a perfect fit in the barrel...

#46 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:16 PM

hey guys i modded an airtech 2000 with the typical plugged up release valve and i put in a crayola barrel. the problem i am having is that with more than 2 pumps i rip the original darts and the stefans i made go 2 feet. i think the stefans are too much of a perfect fit in the barrel...

Are your stefans weighted?

#47 yahman1254

yahman1254

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 02:04 AM

Are your stefans weighted?

yea i am using bb-sized split shot. 1 at the end covered with a dome of hot glue :P

#48 spartan062

spartan062

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 04:31 AM

What kind of foam and barrel are you using?
Join the Revolution- NerfRevolution.com

#49 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 06:39 AM

The level of stupidity that is outlined by this thread is absolutely astounding. Why would you necro a topic to ask that? Just start your own damn topic.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users