Halo 2

11 days and counting

112 replies to this topic

#101 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 11:06 PM

Brute plasmas rock dude. Apparently the rate of fire increases as you hold it down. Yes, it overheats faster, so only shoot one at a time; while one is cooling down, shoot with the other. Ta-da!

Oh..and I'm liking the army of destruction thingy...
Indiana '11

#102 Avatar of WoeBrian

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 03:46 AM

On the second to last level, give all your marines the brute plasma rifles... Army of destruction, anyone?

Heh I should try that hehe.

#103 JC

JC

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 10:09 AM

Brute plasmas rock dude. Apparently the rate of fire increases as you hold it down. Yes, it overheats faster, so only shoot one at a time; while one is cooling down, shoot with the other. Ta-da!

Oh..and I'm liking the army of destruction thingy...

Yeah, dual weilding is best used to fire one weapon at a time, and alternate while they reload. So you shoot one out and then start shooting the other, and only use both when you need too. Sorry if this has been stated before, I'm kinda jumping into a 7 page topic right after registration.

#104 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 04:07 PM

Don't know if anyone's beat it yet but last night I was privy to the ending. All I can say is bungie had better make Halo 3 right quick, cause I really want more of the story right now!!

Any way I really like the Fuel Rod Cannon which shows up later in the game. It kills brutes, hunters, and flood real nice like, I equate it to having an unguided rocket launcher with 5 shots.

Has anyone noticed that the needler seems to have been beefed up in this game as well?

Edited by J_cobbers, 17 November 2004 - 04:43 PM.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#105 Avatar of WoeBrian

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 09:28 PM

Don't know if anyone's beat it yet but last night I was privy to the ending. All I can say is bungie had better make Halo 3 right quick, cause I really want more of the story right now!!

Any way I really like the Fuel Rod Cannon which shows up later in the game. It kills brutes, hunters, and flood real nice like, I equate it to having an unguided rocket launcher with 5 shots.

Has anyone noticed that the needler seems to have been beefed up in this game as well?

The needlers are really strong in the game now. It used to take like 10 needles or something to kill a grunt, and like almost the whole clip on an elite. Now its like 5 needles max to kill a grunt or 10-15 needles to kill an elite.

#106 moosenukem

moosenukem

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 10:42 AM

Does anyone know if they are going to make more books to go with H2?

#107 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 10:43 AM

All I can say is bungie had better make Halo 3 right quick...

Is four years fast enough for you? Thats how long it took them to make Halo 2. Halo 1 took even longer. It was originialy being developed for the P.C. Maybe somewhere around 6 years?

I like a SMG in one hand, and a Magnum in the other.
~Halfling

#108 moosenukem

moosenukem

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 03:37 PM

I like a SMG in one hand, and a Magnum in the other.

My favorite combo so for is the plasma rifle in the left hand and the smg in the right hand. The plasma rifle drains the sheilds and the smg does the dirty work. :blink:

#109 Suave

Suave

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 03:58 PM

On the second to last level, give all your marines the brute plasma rifles... Army of destruction, anyone?

Can you control what weapons your marines have?

#110 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 04:04 PM

You can, but it's a pain as you need to trade weapons with them. So you'd need to pick up 2 brute plasma rifles, go to each marine, and trade with each one of them individually.

~ompa

#111 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 06:36 PM

I'm setting up a game on X box live tonight at 8 eastern.

My Gamertag is TheTalio

Send me a friend invite and a message and I'll send you a party invite.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#112 aroostrm

aroostrm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 02:37 AM

On the Prophets Inner Chamber Level; where you ride the elevator up to the darkened room, I usually go back thru the lit-in-red corridors leading up to the elevator, and pick up spare weapons. Despite how you may/may not feel about this tactic, the elevator will transport you ANd an unlimited stash of spare weapons. I usually like to use an almost fully loaded shotgun, and any double-wield weapon as primary.

-Aroostrm

#113 JC

JC

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 12:55 AM

The SMG and Magnum is nice. I also really like double magnums, or a plasma pistol and an SMG. A charged plasma pistol takes down shields really nicely.

Edit: I just found out something. At first I thought, when dual-wielding, you had to empty one gun before reloading it seperately (if you've already used the other one a little). But if you're shooting with one, and you click reload, it only reloads the one you're not using. Sweet. Sorry if it's been mentioned before.

Edited by =JC=, 22 November 2004 - 11:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users