Posted 04 August 2004 - 01:56 PM

and did that increase your range?
~SS

#27 DJ Hurley

DJ Hurley

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 02:15 PM

Did you put rubber bands around the air tank? Cause I heard that adds a couple more feet.
As well as glueing the little whole on the end of pumps.
Other then that, that looks so fricken sweet! Makes me want to spend my $40 on that set. But then again I need money for GTA: SA.
Great job! Its beautiful. <_<
NERF CITY
You're a dipshit, stop posting.
I'll let you know when you can start again.
Yes, I'm serious. ~Cxwq

#28 Arcanis

Arcanis

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 02:36 PM

Cool, you can get 110 in 5 seconds...

-i hate the yankees as much as the next guy, but i'm only sixteen and i'm not ready for the ice age, or the apocalypse...whichever the great bambino has destined for us. -Rawray7

#29 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 02:36 PM

I think rubber banding an air tank only works on guns with bladders like the PC, RF20, and WF.
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#30 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 03:33 PM

indeed it does. all you can do to a rigid air tank is make it bigger.

#31 Avatar of WoeBrian

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 03:39 PM

Massive air tank!

#32 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 04:32 PM

Like a super Soaker, needs a tank reduction?

Never thought I'd say that.

Crank'
Tyranny Response Team

#33 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 04:41 PM

reduction?? whyever for?

#34 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 06:32 PM

Seeing how freaking big the tank is, how many pumps does it take to load both the Titan and the Hornet?
Morons With Guns own you.

#35 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 07:32 PM

like 18, i hear. but if you reduce the airtank size, you reduce the range. you can't have few pumps and long range out of a missile gun.

#36 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 07:48 PM

like 18, i hear. but if you reduce the airtank size, you reduce the range. you can't have few pumps and long range out of a missile gun.

Okay, you WERE getting better. But now you're back to dumb.

The airtank does not, I repeat, does not need to be big in order to achieve great ranges. Air PRESSURE makes the dart fly farther, not air VOLUME. There is a perfect ratio out there for V, P, and barrel length for optimum range. I'd ask Cx about it, or read the articles.

Seriously man, know your stuff. A nice big airtank like Titan's takes maybe 25 pumps, while an At2k, more than half the size, takes 4 pumps to achieve the same tank pressure. The air volume will help with carrying the dart out of the barrel, but after a certain point it becomes overkill. The SM5k air tank is about as big as we need airtanks to be without getting rediculous.

-------------------------------------------

Guys, that mod looks very nice, but I'm not please with a 15 second pumping time. I'm more into springers and small pumpers, the Titan mustn't be for me unless we can cut pumping down to 7-10 pumps with sufficent pressure. There's too much tank and air, and not enough time to pressurize.

Good job guys.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#37 Vassili

Vassili

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 07:51 PM

Is it just me or does the airtank look big enough to power a few separate shots much like a pistol-modded PC? If you modified the valve to let out less air then you could probably squeeze off all 3 shots in your little turret-thingy without repumping.
Foam Fortress Co-Webmaster

#38 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 07:53 PM

Black is right... it's air pressure that makes the difference. However, there's a limit to how small or how big the tank can be before affecting performance. like the SSPB and my gargantuan enlarged-airtank sm5k. My enlarged sm5k only gains like... 5-10 feet on a normal sm5k.

~ompa

#39 MAC

MAC

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 08:40 PM

You are all right about the volume of air tank ratio to pressure and barrel length, thats why we are testing it with different size barrels. 12", believe it or not, is too long with the air tubing/pvc combo. So we made that same kind of barrel, only shortened it to just a little more than 8". This works better (accurate-wise and distance-wise) than 6 and 12. Also during experimenting, we found that a 12" 17/32 size brass barrel works extremely well. Since we only had one foot of the brass, and we always have trouble getting a hold of it, we decided to glue a coupler onto the side of the gun to hold the brass (which is encased in PVC). So I would probably start a war with the 8 incher air tube barrels, then when I need a loser rifle and am safely away from other people, i can switch to the brass.

As for pumping, it does take several pumps to make it shoot well, so if u like quick firing guns, I wouldn't use the titan. But, it only takes 15 or so pumps to make the air gauge (which seems to work) display as "full". Now full to the nerf people, who are obsessed with safety, is probably alot less than the actual tank can hold. With more testing, we'll post more results with different amount of pumps.

Here are some new pictures of it with its barrels. By the way, the 8 inch air tubing barrels have 4 instead of 3 now. It looks cooler and lowers the reload time a bit.

http://img.photobuck...333/Titen10.jpg
http://img.photobuck...o333/Titen9.jpg
http://img.photobuck...01-9-311-14.jpg

#40 DJ Hurley

DJ Hurley

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 09:01 PM

Thats fucking badass. You plan on painting it? Though it doesn't look like it needs it, cause all of the stuff on it make it look kinda neat. But maybe everything flat black with some gray, or I dunno, it's your gun. Thats awesome though!
NERF CITY
You're a dipshit, stop posting.
I'll let you know when you can start again.
Yes, I'm serious. ~Cxwq

#41 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 10:09 PM

I think I'd better drop by TRU and Wally World tomorrow and see if I can find me one of these. My workbench is itching to be covered in titan pieces. Thanks for the info.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#42 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 252 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 10:30 PM

i can't tell, from the pics, so i'll have to see when i get a hold of one (the bastards at tru won't have them until sat. and they're closest. mmm.. fresh paycheck already reserved) , but is there any chance whatsoever of a pump replacement.
I mean, it looks like an sm5k pump hooked up to a valve two or three times bigger than an sm5k. WTF...
Personally, i might keep it's check valve intact and make an expanded pvc pump chamber. One at least three times bigger... mmm 3 pumps for 110. Now i like it... more like my (under repair) sm5k now. mmmmmmmmmmm :nugget: . I can barely wait to fix it.

oh, and thanks for bringing up the size vs. pressure idea, Xx_Black-Wrath_xX. I would have if no one else did. Good on ya, have a cookie.
-jlego
~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

#43 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 11:11 PM

black wrath: you're right. my intelligence actually went down over the past month, since the human mind's capacity for learning and thought does that, you know. goes up and down over extremely short periods of time.

if you're firing a bigass projectile, you're going to need high pressure air, yes, but you also need a lot of it. pressure is entirely a function of volume. it's just how much resting state air you've packed into a smaller space, so a larger tank at similar pressure will have more power to fire a projectile than a smaller tank. i don't understand why you say overkill, what is the negative effect of having a large air tank? its a lot of pumps, but no matter what you do to it the titan is not a high RoF weapon. it's a long-range weapon, to be fired from a safe distance, so that youy can take your time relaoding and repriming. its a freaking artillery piece. so complaining that it takes too many pumps is like fussing about how a howitzer takes forever to get off another shot compared to an assault rifle.

#44 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 11:31 PM

what is the negative effect of having a large air tank?

Well... uh... hmmm...

its a lot of pumps

Oh yeah! Thanks!
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#45 TOFUburger

TOFUburger

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 12:02 AM

hey cxwq, ya think you'll be adding the titan under your mods section once you get one and experiment? i'd like to know how to mod it step by step (w/ nice pictures) so i don't break mine. thanks!
All bow down to BoltSniper, he is my god.

#46 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE (okto)
its a lot of pumps

Oh yeah! Thanks!

i addressed that later in the same post. it's a question of purpose: the titan is not meant to be a rapid-fire weapon. at any level.

#47 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 06:29 AM

i addressed that later in the same post. it's a question of purpose: the titan is not meant to be a rapid-fire weapon. at any level.

Nerf guns arent supposed to be modded, Nitefinders arent supposed to have their plunger tubes replaced with 1.5 inch pvc, and their certainly not supposed to be double/triple barreled.

Im making that airtank into a size where 20 pumps gets some pressure in that thing!

THIRST
ko

#48 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 07:03 PM

black wrath: you're right.  my intelligence actually went down over the past month, since the human mind's capacity for learning and thought does that, you know.  goes up and down over extremely short periods of time.

if you're firing a bigass projectile, you're going to need high pressure air, yes, but you also need a lot of it.  pressure is entirely a function of volume.  it's just how much resting state air you've packed into a smaller space, so a larger tank at similar pressure will have more power to fire a projectile than a smaller tank.  i don't understand why you say overkill, what is the negative effect of having a large air tank?  its a lot of pumps, but no matter what you do to it the titan is not a high RoF weapon.  it's a long-range weapon, to be fired from a safe distance, so that youy can take your time relaoding and repriming.  its a freaking artillery piece.  so complaining that it takes too many pumps is like fussing about how a howitzer takes forever to get off another shot compared to an assault rifle.

I felt bad after posting that, because you had actually complimented me in another thread. Then I come back to this.

I think you now realize you completely contradicted yourself within that post. If Cx didn't point it out for you, I will. A large airtank is useless in Nerf. Overkill is right, you don't need a 20 pump air tank to fire a dart 150' through the air when a 4-5 pump airtank (SM5k, AT2k, SM1.5k) will launch a said dart 101-128.5' through the air. Do you realize that Nerf is not a game played at 150' ranges? I play at 20' or less if you want to know, and 128.5' from my SM5k is perfectly adaquet.

Seriously, read up on things. The does come a point when "overkill" is an appropriate adjective to use to describe a blaster.

I'm sorry that you fail to see the difference between an artillery cannon and an air powered children's toy. Try to take things less seriously and try admit that you may not be completely right in everything you say.

Edited by Xx_Black-Wrath_xX, 05 August 2004 - 07:04 PM.

Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#49 Tinkerer

Tinkerer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 12:00 PM

like 18, i hear.  but if you reduce the airtank size, you reduce the range.  you can't have few pumps and long range out of a missile gun.

Okay, you WERE getting better. But now you're back to dumb.

The airtank does not, I repeat, does not need to be big in order to achieve great ranges. Air PRESSURE makes the dart fly farther, not air VOLUME. There is a perfect ratio out there for V, P, and barrel length for optimum range. I'd ask Cx about it, or read the articles.

Seriously man, know your stuff. A nice big airtank like Titan's takes maybe 25 pumps, while an At2k, more than half the size, takes 4 pumps to achieve the same tank pressure. The air volume will help with carrying the dart out of the barrel, but after a certain point it becomes overkill. The SM5k air tank is about as big as we need airtanks to be without getting rediculous.
too much tank and air, and not enough time to pressurize.

Well, the size of the airtank dictates the optimum legnth of the barrel, and the pressure determines how much force is acting on the dart. Although, a bigger airtank will affect range, but not as much as high pressure, and high pressure will change the optimum barrel legnth, but not as much as the size of the airtank will.
Actuall directions on some products:

On Pudding
"Product will be hot after heating"

On a Sweedish Chainsaw
"Do not try to stop with hands or genitals"
(Was alot of this happening somewhere? MY GOD!!)

#50 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 07:20 PM

Hey mac I was just wondering how you got the orange disk thing off that encircles the end of the gun before the plunger on the pump?
"Ahh The Power Of Cheese"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users