Modded Titan!

Its crazy

49 replies to this topic

#1 MAC

MAC

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 09:21 PM

For all who complained about the philly guys guns being strong, don't worry, now their even stronger.....

The titan we recieved at APOC is now finished being modified, and it's nasty.

Me and Dave worked on it when we got home from the war and now its probably the strongest gun we have, yes stronger than at2000 brassed.

We plugged the air restrictor on the massive plunger and cut the original barrel down to about 2 inches. We put a small piece of random piping into the stub of the barrel after prying out that air restrictor and put a 1/2 inch coupler on that. Its all held together with a bunch of plumbers goop. For the actual barrel we used three 6" pvc barrels with airline tubing inside them. I dont think anyone really uses this type of barrel, we just kinda made it up and it fits micros really well. (Dont worry Talio, we made some better micros.) The titan came with a little sight ontop, which we cut open and fitted a laser sight onto, which actually works when aimed right since the top is perfectly flat and level with the barrel. we also managed to keep its ability to attatch to the other 2 guns in the set, which we will soon mod.

dave did most of it because he is the man
(he typed this)

http://img.photobuck...o333/Titen1.jpg
http://img.photobuck...o333/Titen4.jpg
http://img.photobuck...o333/Titen3.jpg
http://img.photobuck...o333/Titen2.jpg

#2 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 09:24 PM

You guys are nuts.

It's so beautiful.

Keep up the good work! Looks like the beginning of wonderful mods.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#3 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 09:24 PM

Just wondering if you have any ranges- if it's better than a single barreled AT2k brassed, I'm guessing around 140'? If that's true, it would be awesome... Any ranges would be great, thanks a ton for the mod, I wanted to see how some of the new guns looked with the first mods.

~ompa

#4 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 09:26 PM

So....ranges?

Nice mod job though, I like the reddot sight you put on it.

#5 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 09:33 PM

Im also wondering about range, somehow I doubt its gonna be any 140'. I also dont really get the whole tri-barrel thang-- Is that just to improve ROF or what? Also how many pumps does it take to prime, and how large is it compared to some other gun?
~SS

#6 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 09:46 PM

Its a barrel turret in essence. Just to make the ROF faster.

#7 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 09:46 PM

(figured ^_^ )
~SS

#8 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 09:58 PM

Thanks, you guys rock, etc, etc.

Where are the pics of the internals?
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#9 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 10:19 PM

holy shit man nice job! when did the n-strike come out? once again nice job!!!! ^_^
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#10 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 10:20 PM

Well the release date was aug. 31st, but it hasnt hit every store yet.

#11 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 10:23 PM

august or july?
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#12 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 10:25 PM

nerfboi its been all over the forums. Be attentive.
http://nerfhaven.com...topic=2626&st=0

Edited by ShortShit, 03 August 2004 - 10:29 PM.

~SS

#13 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 10:47 PM

Wow, that's pretty cool. It'd be cooler if you didn't have to pump it so much, but I guess that comes along with the ranges and whatnot.

If this is indeed as strong as you say, don't be surprised if some of us ask for a demo next time we meet up. This could be something reminiscent of the 5K in strength, so of course the same rules could be applied if enough war attendees find the gun to be, for lack of better words, "overkill".

And how else did the Philly boys get their nifty new guns? Apoc. The Nerf design team showed up to another east coast war, and as always, brought new toys to share.
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#14 Mantis

Mantis

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:52 PM

Unless they figured out a way to decrease the number of pumps from the 14 or so it takes, this gun shouldn't be banned, even if it does shoot as far as a 5k. Seeing as how you have to pump from the back it takes a while.
Personal LCM Summer Tune-Up Stats:
K:H=1.00
Shots Fired: 2.1 x 10^4
Fun had: 97%

#15 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 12:12 AM

*steals red dot sight*

#16 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 03:43 AM

Niceness. Well, its looks like if I can't get my BBB working well enough, I think I've found my new ranged weapon.
"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it." - The Architect, The Matrix: Reloaded

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#17 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 06:43 AM

Hope those new darts are good. I wouldn't play with that gun and your old darts...The BB's would fly out and hit people on the first shot. I didn't like your darts at ECNO very much, if you can't tell. I can't wait for some ranges.

Awsome mod and it looks sick. The first to mod thje Titan-Mac and Dave. (Who's Dave?)

Crank'
Tyranny Response Team

#18 Arcanis

Arcanis

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 08:11 AM

I'm going to explode if I can't get a freaking internals picture...

What are the ranges???

-i hate the yankees as much as the next guy, but i'm only sixteen and i'm not ready for the ice age, or the apocalypse...whichever the great bambino has destined for us. -Rawray7

#19 MAC

MAC

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 08:46 AM

Ok now that its light outside, I got some ranges.
These ranges are aprox. I could not get to the exact foot.

20 pumps slightly angled: 140
20 pumps level: 110

10 pumps slightly angled: 95
10 pumps level: 80

As for internal pics.....i might be able to get some. The only problem is that the barrel is plumbers gooped on, so i might not be able to get it open. Dave did most of the glueing/barrel putting on, so when he comes over ill ask him to take it apart to get an internal pic.

#20 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 10:46 AM

Those are some great ranges. I just don't like the size of the gun and the number of pumps. But at least you almost get 100' with ten pumps. I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but is it hard to pump the gun or does the handle move back and forth fairly easy?

#21 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 12:32 PM

somehow this is reminding me of all the supersoaker modded guns. High pumpage - great range.
~SS

#22 MAC

MAC

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 01:10 PM

Here are some internal pics.
As for pumping, it only takes 5 seconds to do 20 pumps. Its very easy to pump.

To be specific about the internals:

There is a safety mechanism on both triggers involving small metal bb's that roll on a track. When the gun is angled upwards too much, the ball rolls away from the the trigger and the trigger can't be pulled all the way.

The air tank is massive, so it can probably hold a lot more pumps than 20, but 20 is the most we've tried so far.

The plunger pushes air into two different tubes, one leading to the main air tank to fire the titan, and one leading to the bottom of the handle. If the Hornet is attatched at the bottom, the tube at the bottom of the handle becomes open and air can pass through it into the hornet. But if you pump 20 times with the hornet attatched, only half the air will go to each one, so basically 20 pumps = 10 pumps.

Also, the plunger is surprisingly small compared to the tube that its encased in, i guess its just for looks on the outside.

http://img.photobuck...33/684d0ce7.jpg
http://img.photobuck...o333/Titen7.jpg
http://img.photobuck...o333/Titen6.jpg
http://img.photobuck...o333/Titen5.jpg

#23 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 01:16 PM

That air tank is feaking huge !

#24 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 01:31 PM

holy shit that chamber is huge! you're going to need alot longer barrel than 6 inches man. By the way, thanks for pics of the internals!

~ompa

#25 MAC

MAC

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 01:49 PM

yea we figured that, so we just made four 12" barrels to replace the three 6" ones.

The barrels are still drying from the plumbers goop, so we have not tested them yet.

Edited by MAC, 04 August 2004 - 01:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users