One week away! Get hyped.
I'm going to clarify the pistol rules again here because apparently it's still an issue.
- Pistol Splats: Fine. The Magnum versions are not, nor the shotgun-style Thundersplats or whatever. Dart regulations make them basically the same as well-modified Nite Finders.
- No homemades at all this round. It's easy to make a simple SNAP pistol or something that shoots the same as a NF; it's also easy to make an identical-in-appearance SNAP pistol that shoots as far as most primaries.
- No homemade internals in blasters like Nite Finders, for pretty much the same reasons as above.
- Using something like an AT2K turret on one of these blasters is fine. That isn't significantly different in spirit than one of those new Strongarms or something.
- Vortex blasters that hold six or fewer discs are fine. Use a Proton or Fusefire or whatever.
- If you have a question about something in particular, ask here.
"Ultra Match" basically just means high accuracy by means of a countersunk barrel. this term has been around for awhile, even if yes, I was the one who named it.
There is a rough criteria of how accurate it should be, but nothing official. It's 5 ring human target 80'@ if<150 fps, 100'@ 180 fps and 120'@ if>230 fps.
It's a stock PT and 21kg's of twin springs, a brass barrel, airtight seal, and OMW unleashed solid plunger rod, a recoiling spring assembly at the head of the PT (so the plunger head can go as fast as you want) and a steel spring plate. I also have a 12Kg firestrike and a couple of modded brass Sharpfires that are slower if this is too hot to maintain a good game balance for UCP.
In all respect, I was concerned Langley, so I asked, sorry.
"It's not my war, so I don't mean to step on any toes, but I figure I'm the authority on this gametype. I am preliminarily going to allow it, but you have to fire it upside down. I'll pass final judgement (for my authority level) when we have more info/when I see it perform."
Sublimedom777, Nono, you can be up front with me on what to use, your not stepping on my toes. Respect is why I asked, but I somehow always seem to rub people the wrong way, not on purpose.
Just to clarify, the toes to which Dom was referring were those of the war hosts. He is the one running UCP, though, so I'm going to let him have dictatorial say over it.
In reference to Langley's post, the reason he asks is because a Google search of the phrase "ultra match" on NerfHaven
reveals zero information about the blaster in the picture you posted (for some reason, with a toilet as the background). It's confusing to everyone when you assume that your extremely specific naming schema is well-known. From my recollection, it's basically the same as the K26 Nite Finders we made in Chicago, and we used those for pistols from time to time.
Personally, I think it's probably fine. I think the only way to unbalance this gameplay is with something like a hopper or RSCB, but since those are banned, it shouldn't be an issue. But, since Dom's word goes, you have to use it upside down, or you can choose a different blaster (he may still make you use it upside down).
Bring it, but please bring something you can reasonably expect to have no issues. For instance, back in Pgh we used NFs with Ace #49 spring replacements or equivalent.
I will be bringing a few pistols (hopefully) to lend in case someone forgets or has theirs break.
Thanks very much, Dom. That's a great gesture. Looking forward to seeing this round play out.