Beltway Bedlam

Washington DC area war - March 12, 2011

169 replies to this topic

#26 lionhawk

lionhawk

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:37 PM

Yeah I called up the laser tag arena in Sterling and they seemed pretty adamant about not letting players bring in their own stuff to fire (i.e. non-laser tag), even if the place is reserved for the whole day. I suspect the laser tag arena in Bailey's Crossroads will likely say the same thing.

There's still the airsoft arena in Rockville, though. I'll check with them to see if they'd let us bring in Nerf blasters.

In the event that they say no, I still want to host a war though the conditions might not be all that favorable for outdoors. I think General Getty park would be a great location for a small war, Wheaton park for something larger. Both are easily accessible by Metro. If there's a certain park anyone else has in mind, let me know.

I know a pretty nice park around my area. But that area is pretty south, but oh well. It is newport news park, of course, in newport news. I would love an outdoor war as much as indoor, but maryland won't work very well for me.(not trying to change the location of the war if everybody else can make it.)

#27 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:18 AM

I know this is kinda off topic since I'm not in the dc area, but Twitch hosts wars in a lazer tag arena pretty frequently. You might wanna contact him about how to go about getting permission.

If I recall correctly, he knows the owner of that laser tag arena personally. The two of them have a prior arrangement in place.

Edited by dizzyduck, 04 December 2010 - 12:19 AM.

Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#28 Doom

Doom

NH's Official In-House Physicist

• Administrators
  • 559 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:17 PM

Over the winter break I'll exchange some emails with the president of the UMD NAS to see if they could host a war or two indoors.

#29 blitz

blitz

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:37 PM

Well... just to throw in my opinion. I'm sick of having stock dart wars and the majority of people in my area use them. Nearly all of my guns are outdoor-esque. Granted, I'm not trying to gatecrash... but that's my opinion
Blitz, member of the FNBS
"sexual innuendo no intendo"

#30 lionhawk

lionhawk

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:40 PM

Well... just to throw in my opinion. I'm sick of having stock dart wars and the majority of people in my area use them. Nearly all of my guns are outdoor-esque. Granted, I'm not trying to gatecrash... but that's my opinion

I want an outdoor war as well, but the thing is, this war wasn't proclaimed stock dart only.

#31 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:44 PM

No, it's not going to be stock darts only. I don't want to make people spend $10 on admission for an indoor war, then hock up another $20 for dart packs.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#32 lionhawk

lionhawk

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:47 PM

No, it's not going to be stock darts only. I don't want to make people spend $10 on admission for an indoor war, then hock up another $20 for dart packs.

Have you talked with the guys in the airsoft arena yet? If so, are they letting us have a nerf war?

#33 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:11 PM

I haven't had the time to. I'm busy.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#34 koree

koree

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:59 PM

You expect me to know my schedule this far in advanced! Of course I'll be there.

HE'S ALIIIIIIIIVE!!!

Dude, we missed you.

I'm in. especially if Dean will be there and Dizzy is hosting.

#35 Naes Draw

Naes Draw

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:31 PM

NERF. I've been itching for a war ever since it started looking like our club was going belly up. I scored a LS and Vulcan for $0 among other things and was planing on doing something with 'em.

Put me on as a maybe for basically any of the current dates.

P.S. I slapped a foregrip on my SNAP pistol. It DOES still count as a pistol, right? Functionally, it's the same blaster.
The nerfer with the green goggles.

|||||)

#36 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:33 PM

mfw

You expect me to know my schedule this far in advanced! Of course I'll be there. Have you gotten a price quote to rent out one of the various arenas? I thought it was quite a bit more.

Posted Image

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#37 lionhawk

lionhawk

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 08:21 PM

NERF. I've been itching for a war ever since it started looking like our club was going belly up. I scored a LS and Vulcan for $0 among other things and was planing on doing something with 'em.

Put me on as a maybe for basically any of the current dates.

P.S. I slapped a foregrip on my SNAP pistol. It DOES still count as a pistol, right? Functionally, it's the same blaster.

Dude, if it is indoor, most likely people will not want a snap that hits 100s.

#38 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:00 PM

Price quote for the Airsoft arena is still up in the air. Last two times I called, they told me to call back as the person I'd want to talk to wasn't there.

The laser tag arena is already a "no". I called up the one in Bailey's and they said the same thing that the one in Sterling said, which is "no firing anything we don't provide".

I'm crossing my fingers about Doom getting us something on UMD's campus to use. Possibly.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#39 Naes Draw

Naes Draw

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:57 AM

That's not likely a concern. I've not measured it, but 100s getting it ain't. It would depend on the venue anyway.

I made the thing by glancing over a thread, and winging it, so it's not precisely built.

I'd most likely go NF and Raider anyway.

|||||)

#40 lionhawk

lionhawk

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:07 AM

That's not likely a concern. I've not measured it, but 100s getting it ain't. It would depend on the venue anyway.

I made the thing by glancing over a thread, and winging it, so it's not precisely built.

But the point is, snaps aren't made for indoors, they are made for outdoors.

#41 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:16 AM

But the point is, snaps aren't made for indoors, they are made for outdoors.

I think you're just a pussy. At the Grid Code airsoft arena we play in, everyone used their "outdoor" guns. Hoppered +Bows, Crossbows, 1500s. If you use slugs, it's really not a big deal.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#42 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:22 PM

I'm with Gears on this one. At Dart of War people just used their regular blasters, and the day went relatively incident-free.

Naes Draw if it's the same Snap Pistol you brought to M3, I don't think it would be an issue.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#43 lionhawk

lionhawk

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:31 PM

I'm with Gears on this one. At Dart of War people just used their regular blasters, and the day went relatively incident-free.

Naes Draw if it's the same Snap Pistol you brought to M3, I don't think it would be an issue.

Awesome, I haven't been to an indoor war so I thought it was for under-powered guns. That means I can bring my mega missle?(100 ft.) And gears, I'm alright with getting a hit from a snap, it is just that I thought that indoor wars were for under-powered, high rof guns. Just shows how much I don't know.

Edited by lionhawk, 06 December 2010 - 01:32 PM.

#44 Naes Draw

Naes Draw

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:55 PM

Awesome, I haven't been to an indoor war so I thought it was for under-powered guns. That means I can bring my mega missle?(100 ft.) And gears, I'm alright with getting a hit from a snap, it is just that I thought that indoor wars were for under-powered, high rof guns. Just shows how much I don't know.

I was mostly curious about if it still counted. I might bring it along, but I'll take high RoF any day.

Ohh..I just snagged more CPVC, I smell a turret coming on.

|||||)

#45 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:19 PM

I don't know if Dizzy has already contacted them, but there's a laser tag place called Shadowland that has facilities in Gaithersburg, Chantilly, Columbia MD, Springfield VA, and Frederick MD. I'm not sure if they woud allow nerf guns, though.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

#46 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:23 PM

Of all of those, I think only the Springfield location would be easily accessibly by Metro/mass transit.

Could you contact them and ask to see if they'd allow nerf blasters? I'm kinda busy with finals coming up.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#47 lionhawk

lionhawk

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:06 AM

Of all of those, I think only the Springfield location would be easily accessibly by Metro/mass transit.

Could you contact them and ask to see if they'd allow nerf blasters? I'm kinda busy with finals coming up.

Which Springfield, I searched up mapquest and one was 2 hours away from me while the other is only 13 minutes.

#48 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:30 PM

Springfield, VA. Clearly 2 hours by car is not accessible by Metro.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#49 Phree Agent

Phree Agent

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:31 AM

Woot! Exams over, now let's talk business.

Anyone have any more info on location or even a date?

#50 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:26 PM

Still waiting on Doom to get back to me about a possible UMD location. If that is available I'd rather host a war there than anywhere else.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users