Photo

Nerf N-strike Longstrike Cs-6 - Preview!

Sneak Peek

69 replies to this topic

#1 SgNerf

SgNerf

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:52 AM

Some of you guys who bought new Nerf blasters recently might have spotted this, for those who have not, well...

The upcoming new Nerf N-Strike Longstrike CS-6 has now appeared in the latest Nerf brochure!

I found these new brochures packaged inside the latest shipment of Nite Finder boxes from local dept stores in Singapore.

From info on the brochure, the Longstrike is scheduled to be in stores Spring 2010.

Posted Image

Posted Image

At the moment, I've not found any further information on this upcoming new model yet, but with the stated indicative launch period within the next few months, i guess we'll all just need to keep a lookout for the eventual appearance of more detailed photos, confirmed specifications and stock avaliability of the Nerf N-Strike Longstrike CS-6.

Let the hunt begin!

;)

Edited by SgNerf, 27 October 2009 - 11:14 PM.

Nerf News & Reviews! >> http://www.sgnerf.blogspot.com
Nerf Mod Guides! >> http://www.modworks.blogspot.com

#2 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:54 AM

another reshelled recon.
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#3 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:00 PM

Sweet, if you take the faux barrel off, it kinda looks like the Laser Rifle from Fallout 3.
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#4 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:06 PM

Hasbro amuses me with their recent naming conventions. It seems they have one basket which has the words Long-, Blast-, Mag-, Fury-, and Hyper- in it. The other basket has -fire, -strike, and -shot. Pick one from each, and there's your new gun. Watch for the new Nerf® BlastShot®!
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#5 pjotrkuh

pjotrkuh

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:19 PM

another reshelled recon.

Could be.... Let's cross our fingers and pray to the God of Nerf it's not a Reconish gun, while sacrificing some buzzbee tommy 20's..........
When the shit hits the fan, you'd better wear a rain coat.....

#6 fallinouttadabox

fallinouttadabox

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:40 PM

another reshelled recon.

I think it's more of a reshelled long shot, it's roughly the same shape, has the same cocking mechanism, and the longshot doesn't appear on that poster (at least what we can see of it). Edit, plus similar range claims.

Edited by fallinouttadabox, 27 October 2009 - 12:41 PM.

fallinouttadabox (intentionally lowercase): sometimes you want to be somewhere between thinking in the box and thinking out of the box. Trust me, I would know.

#7 ricochet rebels

ricochet rebels

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:43 PM

another reshelled recon.

Tell me its not so!!! ;) It does look awesome though.

#8 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:52 PM

Looks like it came straight out of a loot chest in Borderlands. I think I've finally gone through enough new blaster releases that I'll hold off on being excited until somebody gets a look on the inside. Thanks for uploading the pictures though!
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#9 BoneRiot

BoneRiot

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:03 PM

Trying to find more info on this gun has made me realize just how many and how long people have been writing "longstrike" instead of "longshot".

As for productive content, Hasbro has stated that it doesn't plan to sell the Longshot in Taiwan, so it makes sense that combining name, cocking style and other consistencies this may be a re-shelled Longshot attempting to update it for sale to new regions and boost a few more sales in existing regions.
They call me Afro Thunder
QUOTE(CaptainSlug)

Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended for 9,999 days.

#10 pjotrkuh

pjotrkuh

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:15 PM

Trying to find more info on this gun has made me realize just how many and how long people have been writing "longstrike" instead of "longshot".

As for productive content, Hasbro has stated that it doesn't plan to sell the Longshot in Taiwan, so it makes sense that combining name, cocking style and other consistencies this may be a re-shelled Longshot attempting to update it for sale to new regions and boost a few more sales in existing regions.

Could be, as for in europe Nerf is uprising, and the recons just came out in stores this year, the furyfire being the only gun released at the same time in America and the rest of the world.

So there are 2 things to pray upon for me..... That it is a reshelled longshot, and it gets released here to.

When I picture the gun for me, I'm mounting a (lsfg) front grip on it, smack in the drum clip, and it looks like a Al Capone riot gun.........Shame it wouldn't be an automatic .........

Edited by pjotrkuh, 27 October 2009 - 01:16 PM.

When the shit hits the fan, you'd better wear a rain coat.....

#11 BritNerfMogul

BritNerfMogul

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:29 PM

I like it.

Still, it's probbly gonna cost about £70 for me to get one...

#12 Lucian

Lucian

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:02 PM

Guys, be honest with yourself. Do you really see room for non-inverted plunger? It like 1-2 inches after the end of th bolt travel...

Contact me for design consultation relating to 3D Printing, CNC Machining, and Laser Cutting. I am always happy to collaborate on viable Open Source projects and/or business ventures. 

#13 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:22 PM

Unfortunately, this post and the post on your website are the only things on the web that refrence the Longstrike CS-6

Actually THIS posted about the blaster on October 22, 5 days ago.

They use this pic:

PICTURE LINK

#14 berserker

berserker

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:27 PM

Not that I want another Longshot, but I hope its internals are closer to the Longshot than the Recon. At least the shell is nice.
"He who can modify his tactics in relation to his
opponent and thereby succeed in winning, may be
called a heaven-born captain."
-Sun Tzu.

#15 UberKuhlMan

UberKuhlMan

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:32 PM

ehh it could suck, or it could be an alright blaster.
There will probably be mass speculation for this blaster
and then a bunch of people will be let down because they
thought it was going to be something amazing.
It's just another blaster. Nothing more. nothing less.
QUOTE(Kid Flash @ Sep 28 2009, 05:31 PM) View Post

I'd like to see everyones faces when I walk up with something so big...

#16 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:38 PM

It's just a LS re-shelled to look more like a loser (specifically the Dragunov) than a carbine. I have a few friends who will probably love it. I would also expect that it's got a raider-like breech. I've worked with all the LS re-shells and the Raider seemed to have the only one that actually made it easy to clear a jam.

#17 Noob 001

Noob 001

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:00 PM

I rather like the look of this gun, but I doubt there will be much potential for it to be seriously modded. Obviously, use of a reverse plunger will hurt it if it indeed does use one and, as Luciann mentioned, it is likely it will, but I would like to point out that it uses a clip, a clip that in all likelihood uses streamlines, which have been thrice-over proven to be utter crap. They fly a little further, allowing Nerf to proudly print Fires 35 Feet! on the box, but no-one here would ever use them for anything except possibly to shotgun (they spread impressively).

I eyeball the price to be about $30 USD if/when it makes it here, making it just slightly cheaper than the regular-plunger Longshot and the 35-shot Raider.

Best-case realistic scenario for this gun, it turns out to against all odds, use a Longshot-style plunger setup and gets comparable modded ranges to the Longshot, yet costs $5 less.

Best-case unrealistic scenario, it incorporates patented new Hammerspace™ technology to have a Crossbow plunger tube (the molds being re-used by Hasbro), brass inside the barrel, solid adamantium plunger rod, bolt sled, and trigger mechanism/catch plate, and has a Scandinavian memory-foam stock pad, grip, shotgun foregrip that can actually prime the gun, homing darts, working scope, working laser sight, large fries, two large screws holding it together, minivan suspension springs already installed, comes blessed by the deity of your choice (or Richard Dawkins if you prefer), costs $7.99+sales tax, and comes with three free Maximizers and a happiness coupon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pseudo-psig:

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't

Edited by Noob 001, 27 October 2009 - 03:07 PM.

#18 BoneRiot

BoneRiot

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:07 PM

Best-case unrealistic scenario, it incorporates patented new Hammerspace™ technology to have a Crossbow plunger tube (the molds being re-used by Hasbro), brass inside the barrel, solid adamantium plunger rod, bolt sled, and trigger mechanism/catch plate, and has a Scandinavian memory-foam stock pad, grip, shotgun foregrip that can actually prime the gun, homing darts, working scope, working laser sight, large fries, two large screws holding it together, minivan suspension springs already installed, comes blessed by the deity of your choice (or Richard Dawkins if you prefer), costs $7.99+sales tax, and comes with three free Maximizers and a happiness coupon.

the happiness coupon will be a rebate.

Either way my mentality is it's a new shell for us to play with, and despite what comes inside of it it's a damn good looking one that will make for some amazing integrations and shell fillers.
They call me Afro Thunder
QUOTE(CaptainSlug)

Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended for 9,999 days.

#19 faddle

faddle

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:17 PM

It said that the longstrike goes up to 35 feet. That is the same as the longshot! Why would nerf do such a stupid thing like that. The company is just doing a shity job like they always do. Once the reactor came out they said that it is better than the airtech ball blaster. I just don't get it.
NERFSTRONG#114

#20 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:50 PM

Wow, the speculation is already getting carried away.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#21 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:58 PM

Nah, definitely not a reshelled Recon. If you look at the priming system and at the back of thegun, there is no where for the back of the reverse plunger to come out of, no tube covering it. It would not be uncovered, as that has proven to be a safety hazard. I think LS internals are probable, though they only claimed the LS hit 30ft, so maybe the PT is bigger, spring is better etc....
I like the look of this.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#22 Mehku

Mehku

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:08 PM

Oh my god, its the bastard son of a longshot and a raider. It is most likely going to suck for outdoor wars just like everything else that uses a clip besides maybe the longshot.

#23 FatNerfer

FatNerfer

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:05 PM

I am so hard for this gun.
QUOTE(SchizophrenicMC @ Feb 8 2010, 08:57 AM) View Post
Because calling a nerfer a nerd is like calling water wet.

QUOTE(PunkPictures @ Oct 9 2009, 05:26 PM) View Post
nerfhaven is so fucking gay.

#24 Darken

Darken

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:33 PM

Well sorry to say kiddies, but it's obviously a reshelled recon. As you can see there is no space for the plunger rod of a longshot to go in the back when primed, but the perfect amount to hide the reverse plunger. Looks like it'd be fun to paint though.

#25 NerfTerf

NerfTerf

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:45 PM

It seems like a reshelled Recon to me. If you look above the handle, but after the priming handle, you can see two slots that seem to be slots that you can see through. I'm guessing that this is a prime indicator that turns a certain colour when the plunger tube is primed back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users