The Fomebow - Extensive Bow And Arrow Makeover.
Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:52 PM
I decided to do some work on my bow over the weekend to eek out a little more performance. I improved the plunger seal with some E-tape, hotglue, and one of those foam rings that badwrench always advertises. There was a noticeable improvement:
closed it up, tested it out, and THEN THIS FUCKING HAPPENED:
I'm unsure how to fix it at the moment, I'm thinking a combination of epoxy putty, metal plating, and some nuts and bolts. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be more than willing to hear them.
Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:39 PM
Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:02 PM
Another idea that just came to mind is installing a large diameter "T" in there with some wide PVC pipe.
I have a question though... how the hell did it severe at the front of the handle? Unless the way you use a bow 'n' arrow escapes me, you'd think it would severe at the back...
EDIT: Actually, all of the above depends on how close the plunger tube rests in comparison to where the hole is. If it's far enough above the hole, then I think a handle replacement wouldn't be that much of an issue. ....But the existing handles do look quite comical and badass.
Edited by Broderick, 19 February 2010 - 08:06 PM.
Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:58 PM
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?
Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:20 AM
That my friend, is an example of pure awesomeness.
What was the cost of modding this? I'm on a budget.
Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:17 PM
@Broderick - I have no idea, it just kind of broke in my hands after I shot it. I think it was simply the weakest point of the handle and snapped there.
@Draconis - A fix is in the works, I'll have some photos of the process up in a few days. I have some new improvements in mind too
@Jagiro - If you discount the cost of brass (not entirely necessary to have a RSCB breech), less than $15. And thank you.
Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:18 PM
Seriously, no penis pumps or dildos on your Nerf blasters.
Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:55 PM
There's a lot of good ideas in this thread, but this is what I did:
Step 1: Apply a strong adhesive to your broken area and clamp the shell as shown. I used a 2-part plastic epoxy. Shit's strong. Allow it to fully cure.
Step 2: Rough up the inside of your shell with some large grit sandpaper. Apply liberal amounts of epoxy putty as shown. Allow it to fully cure.
Step 3: Drill holes through the epoxy putty and shell of the bow in order to pass a metal bolt. Tighten your nuts and reassemble!
If done correctly, everything should fit back together nicely and feel very, very sturdy.
New paint job coming soon!
Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:03 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users