112 replies to this topic

#26 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:16 PM

...run a retreat that weekend.

You're the perfect guy for the job. Retreating is something the LGLF knows all about! ...Gotta keep this "feud" going.
I hate you.

#27 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:50 PM

...run a retreat that weekend.

You're the perfect guy for the job. Retreating is something the LGLF knows all about! ...Gotta keep this "feud" going.

WHAMMMY!
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#28 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:14 PM

Oh, hey Hersh, what's up? I haven't seen you in a while. Aren't you in that new group? Mag 4, or 5 or whatever....

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#29 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:10 PM

Phil, this isn't a fair fight. You and I both know it's mag7. If that's the best you've got, it's gonna be a LONG season. Maybe you should join up with the SoCAL SoF guys when they show up at APOC and then you can form the ultimate team of "guys who have been single-handedly dismantled team member by team member by the One Man Clan. Oh, and add the Massachusetts contingent if any of them come too. They were like shooting fish in a barrel. Dead fish.
I hate you.

#30 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 11:20 PM

I don't really see the need for clichéd metaphors like 'fish in a barrel'. I've actually hit you without aiming, by pointing my gun behind me. I've actually knocked you out of a round by shooting you three times in two minutes. I've actually hit you at every nerf war we've both been to, at least once, when I wasn't even trying to. I mean, sure, fish in a barrel haven't got anywhere to run, but at least they don't leap directly into the line of fire.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#31 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:22 AM

The only LGLF vs. whatever you feel like calling us round run so far (as far as I'm aware) had a pretty decisive conclusion. That's not to say that you guys won't have plenty more opportunities to improve the record, but dwelling on the past seems like a mistake.

VACC

#32 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:22 AM

The only LGLF vs. whatever you feel like calling us round run so far (as far as I'm aware) had a pretty decisive conclusion. That's not to say that you guys won't have plenty more opportunities to improve the record, but dwelling on the past seems like a mistake.

VACC

Except for the part where 75% of that team was not LGLF, or anyone that we even knew, and I sat out because my primary broke..

The name in the topic title should be changed to Tedfest though, since we're all calling it that, and yet most people still don't know it when I reference it.

The feud will continue, but I really don't consider the rounds at Meltdown to have any serious merit.
Teehee.

#33 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:00 AM

Except for the part where 75% of that team was not LGLF, or anyone that we even knew, and I sat out because my primary broke..

The feud will continue, but I really don't consider the rounds at Meltdown to have any serious merit.

Hehe, ok, well when you feel they begin to have merit, be sure to let us know. I'm assuming that, since Phil isn't coming to this, none of the rounds at this war will be considered to have any validity either. Many feuds are just as imaginary as this one, but very few so rarely "count".

VACC

#34 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:08 AM

How about we set some actual rules for a clan round? Then it won't be a one sided decision. Not that I have any big ideas for them. I know that handicapping a team for being short on members (i.e. 2 players 6 lives each vs 6 members with 2 lives each) doesn't work, and neither does you guys having your 7, us having our 4, then Famine picking which team everyone else is on.
Teehee.

#35 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:49 PM

Wow, this clan rivalry is just really... something. Actually this whole thing is just kind of embarrassing, so far Mag-7's rogues gallery is comprised of a Team Leader who leads retreats and a one-armed man. Tell you what Split, you let me know what you feel fair Clan Match rules are and I will totally run them when you guys feel you're ready.

In the meantime let's move on to something a little more exciting. Now is your chance to
Win a Nerf Gun I Don't Want!
cool.

Ok, so as none of you know or care, I have begun work on modifying new stock-Crossbow that I'm hoping to have finished in time for summer. Before I cut into virgin plastic I am attempting a prototype to ensure that all of my mechanically unsound theories prove true. Below is a picture of the prototype which I have dubbed - Doc Terror.

Rule: The first forum member, who is attending my April war, to correctly identify the inspiration/origin of the name Doc Terror will Win a Nerf Gun I Don't Want!
Posted Image

Have fun!
~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#36 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:36 PM

Is it because the crossbow is only half painted, and Doc Terror was half human, half cyborg? That's probably my best guess, considering i've only seen re-runs my dad recorded.

#37 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:15 PM

I PM'ed Famine the answer about 5 minutes after he asked:

http://www.x-enterta...ssages/605.html

Isn't it the lead villain from "The Centurions"?

There are no times in PM quotes though. Just in Famine's inbox.
Teehee.

#38 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:16 PM

Is it because the crossbow is only half painted, and Doc Terror was half human, half cyborg? That's probably my best guess, considering i've only seen re-runs my dad recorded.

Magic, Shut the Fuck Up. I do not want to hear that your dad has his own re-runs of Centurions. Do you have any idea how old and dirty that makes me feel? Insensitive prick.

Anyways, Splitlip did in fact PM me first so he has thereby Won a Nerf Gun I Don't Want. But Wait!

As chance should have it, Split desires a gun that I Don't Not-Want But Don't Necessarily Need. He and I are working out a deal on the side which, if amicably settled, may still allow you, Magic, to...

Win a Nerf Gun I Don't Want!

So consider yourself kind of lucky. I guess. We'll see.

In the meantime, I will be posting some updates to the first post later this week outlining some of the specific needs for this war (shit like how lunch will work, pistol rounds, etc).
~Famine
of Mag-7

#39 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:13 PM

Famine I have an idea.

How about you give me a nerf gun you don't want in exchange for me showing up.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#40 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:30 PM

How about you give me a nerf gun you don't want in exchange for me showing up.

How about you read the first post which has been updated with additional info?

And no.
~Famine
of Mag-7

#41 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:13 PM

I'm there if Silencer can pick me up.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#42 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:36 PM

Whoa. Craziest gun rules ever. No plugged splitfires (airjet), yet allowing plugged titans? If you need some help setting some rules, I'd be glad to help..
Teehee.

#43 Silencer

Silencer

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:12 PM

I'm there if Silencer can pick me up.

Turns out I can't go...I'm going to look at colleges out west over spring break.
TMC

#44 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:24 AM

For now you can confirm myself and possibly Maryann for attending, though I don't know her work schedule. We may be late if she has to work, but when am I ever on-time for a war?
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#45 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:06 AM

For now you can confirm myself and possibly Maryann for attending, though I don't know her work schedule. We may be late if she has to work, but when am I ever on-time for a war?

Just so you know, this is gonna be at a new location. Only reason I bring that up is so you know to contact us before the war if the directions aren't entirely clear to you. I can't speak for famine, but I never wear my phone during rounds and I'd hate for you to be waiting on us to finish up.

#46 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:54 AM

Whoa. Craziest gun rules ever. No plugged splitfires (airjet), yet allowing plugged titans? If you need some help setting some rules, I'd be glad to help..

Yeah, my whole aspiration with this war is to fuck Groove and his fancy new Guru. He's an asshole.

I'll revise the rules to something clearer in a minute.
~Famine
of Mag-7

#47 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:40 AM

Yeah, my whole aspiration with this war is to fuck Groove and his fancy new Guru. He's an asshole.

Just when I thought you were finally starting to warm up to me.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#48 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 252 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:07 PM

Wow, this clan rivalry is just really... something. Actually this whole thing is just kind of embarrassing, so far Mag-7's rogues gallery is comprised of a Team Leader who leads retreats and a one-armed man. Tell you what Split, you let me know what you feel fair Clan Match rules are and I will totally run them when you guys feel you're ready.

No reason to get so worked up now. The rivalry will continue as usual, we'll figure something out for next time we're able to run a clan war round, don't worry.

I'll revise the rules to something clearer in a minute.

Revision would be nice, yeah... Titans? really? At APOC the titans were kind of a load of crap...
~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

#49 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:32 PM

Revision would be nice, yeah... Titans? really? At APOC the titans were kind of a load of crap...

Ok, ok. I revised the gun rules on the first page. I'm sure everyone will be much happier now.
JLego - Any word on you coming?
~Famine
of Mag-7

#50 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 252 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:42 AM

JLego - Any word on you coming?

Yeah, I plan on attending this war.
Eventually I'll work out travel plans, as the date approaches.
~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users