• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:49 AM

Goes to show you that
A) Speculation threads NEVER die
and
B ) Noobs suck

EDIT: Damned :o emoticon...

Edited by SchizophrenicMC, 24 April 2009 - 10:49 AM.

QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#327 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:41 PM

Looks like fun.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#328 Mehku

Mehku

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 03:15 PM

omg!!!!

sorry i should introduce myself my name is sadperson123 and im a nerf freak.

i lived in the usa for most of my life and i had longshot and recon now im in the uk i have vulcan and recon.

anyways look at the first picture and you will see on the box ' 2 BLASTER MODES!
SINGLE FIRE!
SMASH FIRE!

or something along those lines but still it makes it all the better :blink: :D

Wow. I just fucking laughed my ass off.

#329 louiec3

louiec3

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:48 PM

Is it just me or does that stock look like it will be interchangeable with the recon.

#330 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:20 PM

Is it just me or does that stock look like it will be interchangeable with the recon.

As referenced in MANY posts in this thread?

Perhaps when Spec threads die out, they should be straight-up deleted. The admins can do that, right?

Not locked, deleted. If it's locked, noobs will seek it out and start threads for it.

#331 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:54 PM

As referenced in MANY posts in this thread?

Perhaps when Spec threads die out, they should be straight-up deleted. The admins can do that, right?

Not locked, deleted. If it's locked, noobs will seek it out and start threads for it.

No.

Maybe it should be locked until the blaster actually gets released, but once that does happen, it will be important for everyone to be able to review who proposed which stupid idea, who was on target or at least guessed well, who was a complete waste of everyone's time and bandwidth, etc., etc. These things need to be kept as part of the historical record.

Otherwise the idiots get away with it, even if they have learned nothing.

Save as a text file, then delete?

WARNING! THE NEXT LINE HAS A NOOB MOVE IN IT. READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.
Better yet, can a thread be made :ph34r: invisible :ph34r: ?

#332 flush

flush

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 01:02 PM

on the ninth picture in the first post, on the bottom shelf betwen the two nerf glasses, there is an orange cylinder thing with nerf printed on the front. Could this be some sort of nerf grenade?
"CAUTION: this product containts lead, a chemical known to cause cancer in the state of California". Of course, you may not live in California, in which case you're safe. Because obviously from the warning you can conclude that lead knows better than to start shit with someone from NJ-Langley

#333 flush

flush

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:00 PM

hm.... that actually sounds like something that would be interesting to see. My local nerf wars do a form of capture the flag, so i am excited to see how this will work
"CAUTION: this product containts lead, a chemical known to cause cancer in the state of California". Of course, you may not live in California, in which case you're safe. Because obviously from the warning you can conclude that lead knows better than to start shit with someone from NJ-Langley

#334 Mytch4444

Mytch4444

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:51 AM

A beltfed would be better but that is awsom!

#335 Samzilla

Samzilla

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:21 PM

It seems to me like that is a push pull gun like the Arrowstorm but also has a catch and trigger so when the trigger is deppresed it is just another push pull gun and when it is not its kinda like a regular gun.
BAFF WTB Airtanks, pumps, airgun stuff

#336 bookybabora

bookybabora

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:24 PM

I like the looks of this gun, it seems to me that Hasbro was trying to combine a classic nerf gun with with a more modern one.

#337 nerf man 1265

nerf man 1265

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:03 AM

I just shit my pants. those guns look like amazing I would buy ever one if they came out to day. speaking of which whens the realse date.

#338 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 04:02 PM

I just shit my pants. those guns look like amazing I would buy ever one if they came out to day. speaking of which whens the realse date.

Typically, we don't talk about the first portion on this board. :-/
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#339 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:37 PM

nerf man 1265,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended for 9,999 days.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#340 noobie605

noobie605

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:23 PM

I think maybe nerf should make new guns that will take the vulcan belts as well as clips,cartridges,etc. and if they started to maybe they would make even more money. :o
First, take out your penis.

Second, open a dresser drawer.

Thirdly, place penis in the opening of the drawer.

Lastly, slam repeatedly.

Talio.

#341 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:11 PM

I think maybe nerf should make new guns that will take the vulcan belts as well as clips,cartridges,etc. and if they started to maybe they would make even more money. ^_^

Um.... this does. The drum is compatible with the Longshot and Recon. It was a huge marketing point for it actually.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#342 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:51 PM

I think maybe nerf should make new guns that will take the vulcan belts as well as clips,cartridges,etc. and if they started to maybe they would make even more money. <_<

Um.... this does. The drum is compatible with the Longshot and Recon. It was a huge marketing point for it actually.

Possibly, the only valid marketting point, since the gun, itself, seems to lack range, something that seems to appeal above all to the nerfers of the world.

#343 KeiichiRX7

KeiichiRX7

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:04 PM

I'm new, bring on the noob jokes. Bring on more jokes because my only complaint with the Recon is the stock. It also needs a priming handle on the slide. As a guy thats used to bolt action rifles, my oppinion on this subject VS slide action mgith differ from many.

I'm looking forward to the raider actually. For my group of nerfers range isnt everything, and accuracy is important. But at the ranges that engagements happen at with indoor scenarios and the variety of dart guns used makign run and gun tactics pretty pointless, stealth, and rapid fire capability make all the difference in a close quarters dart gun.

A singled titan is good, but get caught reloading and youre screwed. A rapid fire gun doesn't make anyone a champ, but it does have a distinc advantage in close quarters, a section of nerfing that seems to be completely ignored here. If the raider lacks the long range out door nerfers are looking for, but isn't a problem for indoor and close quarters players, its an ideal close quarters gun

Barring any hideous malfunctions i do plan on picking up a Raider, not only for interchange with my recon and my partner's longshot, but on its own merit as a close in dart gun.

I do agree with some people though, being that the majority of the world is right handed the shell of the drum magazine should hang down instead of stick up, so that it doesnt interfere with right handed shooters when installed on the longshot and recon. As a lefty its nto a problem for me at all.

On to the speculation: Deffintiely an modified recon action. new bolt sled to acomodate the slam and fore grip features, but same old plunger tube and most likely also the same chamber. The location of the jam door tells me that the action is rotated 90 degrees, but that should have been obvious due to the location of the receiver.

Edited by KeiichiRX7, 05 May 2009 - 08:05 PM.

Capt Slug thinks this thread is idiotic. Why did any of you seriously reply to this?

Why so serious?

#344 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:40 PM

Welcome to the Haven, new guy with somewhat meaningful post. I have some hope for you.

I agree about the drum, but what can you do, right?

At least, with my disability, I have to hold 'em lefty, anyway. Makes me feel speshul.

#345 KeiichiRX7

KeiichiRX7

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:52 PM

Actually you SHOULD ble able to cut the part of the magazine that actualyl slides intot eh receiver below the locking slot, and flip it over, much the way people make superclips. This of course makes an assumption that the neck ofthe magazine is the same cross section as the 6-round box magazine.

Only problem with that is not only that not you cant see how many rounds you have and your opposition can

Edited by KeiichiRX7, 06 May 2009 - 02:53 PM.

Capt Slug thinks this thread is idiotic. Why did any of you seriously reply to this?

Why so serious?

#346 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 04:53 PM

Like a zombie, this thread just won't die. Maybe you noobs could actually submit thoughtful posts instead of the typical "the raider looks so cool, I can't wait!". So please, look at keiichi's posts. He actually THINKS about the raider instead of posting about how cool it could be.

Edited by durka durka, 06 May 2009 - 04:53 PM.

"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#347 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:14 PM

Like a zombie, this thread just won't die. Maybe you noobs could actually submit thoughtful posts instead of the typical "the raider looks so cool, I can't wait!". So please, look at keiichi's posts. He actually THINKS about the raider instead of posting about how cool it could be.

Good point. God, the noobs are getting to me!

So, I'm kinda thinkning something inside the clip, itself (Receiver adaptor), is different than the normal clip's, There's gotta be some mechanism capable of pushing the last 6 darts through.

I think that's been covered, though. How about... No.

Maybe this thread should just die. I mean, it's out in a few months, right? We've already gone over all the crap that this gun features.

I'll end my involvement with this thread after this post.

#348 KeiichiRX7

KeiichiRX7

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:55 PM

A quick persusal of the pictures a couple pages back provided an answer to my postulated Drum modification.
The receiver adaptor for the CS-35 drum magazin is identical to that of the CS-6 box magazine. You might have to reinforce the joint when you flip the shell on your drum mags, but it should (I hesitate to say WILL as i'm not an engineer, but i'm 98% confident on this) feed your stramlines just fine with the shell flipped.

As for how the last few rounds are fed up the receiver adaptor: A two piece spring follower in the last 2 slots of the drum would seem the simplest explanation that jives with teh visual evidence. In otherwords, once the rounds stored in the drum are all pushed into the reciever adaptor the remainder of the rounds are pushed as per a normal CS-6 box magazine. If anyone wants I can provide a crudely drawn diagram to explain. If my hypothesis is correct You'll have to load this beast round by round through the receiver adaptor.

Why so serious?

#349 StealthMan

StealthMan

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 285 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:57 PM

How are we gonna make this thing accept stefans like we did with an LS clip?
<!--quoteo(post=212906:date=Feb 16 2009, 06:30 PM:name=TantumBull)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TantumBull @ Feb 16 2009, 06:30 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm not ashamed to admit that I have tried to eat my stefans. They just looked so yummy.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

NERF<b>STRONG</b> #108

#350 BritNerfMogul

BritNerfMogul

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:01 PM

How are we gonna make this thing accept stefans like we did with an LS clip?

With great difficulty.

I get pics up when mine comes in July. Yeah, I pre-ordered it.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users