New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Pictures & Video. DISCUSS HERE ONLY.

450 replies to this topic

#301 GodOThunder8882

GodOThunder8882

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:32 AM

I'm with Slug, this is a little pointless. It seems that we enjoy arguing more than speculating. When the gun hits the shelves we will all know.

It was my understanding that we were to add our opinion as to how the Raider was going to function, nothing more. Instead we bicker over something that, as Slug has said, has already been created!
I read 21 pages on this thread, most of each page was someone telling someone else they were wrong, or in some cases stupid, for there speculation.

None of us has fired the gun, nor have any of us seen the inside, thus until the gun hits the stores, in essence, no one is right. Were just guessing.

*whew* alright I've added my $.02.

You're complaining about us complaining? NOW we're off topic.

#302 snoopay700

snoopay700

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:43 PM

Whew, i'm surprised i read all 21 pages but i wanted to be sure i didn't post som
ething redundant with my first post.

Ok, so i've read a lot of criticism about the drum mag and such, where it's placed, the reinforced magazine well. Basically everything with this gun is pretty much done out of necessity because of how the drum magazine is made, and since it feeds counter clockwise it would be in the way of cocking the gun with the pump handle if it were a vertical feed, so that's the only reason it's side feed. Sure this problem could be remedied by having the magazine reversedbut it would only solve the problem for right handed people, so they probably realized this is the best solution even though it's not really ambidextrous, it's as close as they could get.

Now then, the size of the magazine well is also needed simply because it's side feed and is designed with the drum mag in mind, and since the drum magazine probably weighs quite a bit if you were to run with it it would make a thinner magazine well flex and either break or make the magazine come loose, so i don't think it's because of the size of the magazine so much as where it's placed, so i think the catch on the longshot and the recon will be adequate.

There's also been speculation about how you load the dang thing, and i don't know how it's done (my guess is you load it like a normal magazine while spinning the black knob to rewind it to it's max capacity as you feed darts, i'm hoping for a simpler alternative) but in the pictures you can clearly see screws holding the clear part of the magazine to the grey part so i highly doubt that part comes off to load it. I also read someone saying it would be a lot better with a spiral design, but with how you would need to feed the darts it would be pretty impossible, i'm not sure how normal drum magazines are designed as well but i don't think they have a spiral design anyway, it would be really hard to do and even less reliable. Oh and i doubt it's as flimsy was people think, but a good whack on a door frame will surely kill it i think.

As for the trigger mechanism as was said before it probably works like an airsoft shotgun only with a few changes to make it easier on the gun i think. The only other thing i can think of with a slam feature are paintball guns but those work on an entirely different principle.

Now then, the dart tag guns, the ones that are 10 shot, i'm not going to speculate how they work but velveeta avenger said that if it doesn't load the dart in line with the barrel before you shoot he won't buy it. Well i'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it has 10 shots and you can see six of them, 3 on each side. That means there are 4 hidden, 2 at the top, two at the bottom. That also means that there isn't one lined up with the barrel in it's rest position, so it's probably like a maverick or a firefly, which really sucks because i remember the old supermax guns (i think, i bought one for my friend and the trigger was the length of the handle) were awesome and mainly because they didn't have that stupid system.

That's everything that i can remember that i wanted to put my two cents in about.

EDIT: Gah, i can't believe i forgot, it also seems like you could mod the thing to accept stefans, it would just be hard to do and would take a crapload of time

EDIT 2: Oh yeah, someone mentioned the travel of the pump arm and said a streamline dart is 2.5 inches long, when in fact they're actually 3 inches long. I don't know if the pump will have enough travel but i sure hope it does.

Edited by snoopay700, 10 March 2009 - 06:15 PM.

#303 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:00 PM

*Organized speculation*

I like this guy.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#304 snoopay700

snoopay700

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:17 PM

*Organized speculation*

I like this guy.

Haha thanks, i figured it was time i stopped lurking and actually contribute to the site for once.

#305 snoopay700

snoopay700

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:38 PM

spiral mag:

http://upload.wikime...zine_type_L.jpg

It's a huge pic, that's why I'm not hanging [ img ] tags on it to make it visible here.

The rounds travel around the spiral tracks in both drum faces, pushed by the six arms of the wind-up mechanism.

Something like it could work for nerf if you used hard shells like a few BuzzBee blasters, but it's not very practical for stefans or even any kind of stock darts. Maybe not impossible, but quite challenging.

Ok, i had never looked into drum mags so i wasn't sure how they worked, but that could definitely work for nerf, and you may not even need shells now that i think about it, i was just trying to think of how to adapt a spiral mag to nerf and thought it couldn't work due to my lack of knowledge on the subject. The only problem i see is having a a follower that would push the remaining 4-6 darts into the gun, it would either need something to overcome that (probably not too hard) or it would need an entirely new gun made specifically for it, but it would allow it to be ambidextrous which i like a lot more than what they currently have. That said i still plan on buying one when it comes out.

Oh, and looking back at the trailer for the nerf game (i happened to find guns of 2009 on youtube and it led me to that thread) and looking at the raider then, the magazine well is in the same spot and looks the same, so it's either they were designing it and didn't want the 35 round drum mag to be revealed or they just decided it fit the drum mag. My assumption is that the former is true.

Edited by snoopay700, 10 March 2009 - 06:44 PM.

#306 Equilox

Equilox

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:56 PM

spiral mag:

It's a huge pic, that's why I'm not hanging [ img ] tags on it to make it visible here.

The rounds travel around the spiral tracks in both drum faces, pushed by the six arms of the wind-up mechanism.

Something like it could work for nerf if you used hard shells like a few BuzzBee blasters, but it's not very practical for stefans or even any kind of stock darts. Maybe not impossible, but quite challenging.

I agree, this might be adaptable, with the know-how of course. However, I wouldn't be surprised if buzz bee came out with there own version of the drum mag (they tend to come out with a version of popular designs by other companies). What kind of drum mag is that precisely?
"In my Zombie plan I use my arsenal of foam to fend of the hoards of the undead as I make my way to Canada....... good luck to you Simmons."

#307 snoopay700

snoopay700

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:11 PM

spiral mag:

I agree, this might be adaptable, with the know-how of course. However, I wouldn't be surprised if buzz bee came out with there own version of the drum mag (they tend to come out with a version of popular designs by other companies). What kind of drum mag is that precisely?

It's a Thompson (tommy gun) drum magazine. You could either tell from the pistol ammunition in the magazine (.45 caliber) or from the url.

#308 slienced assassin

slienced assassin

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:07 AM

I'm surprised at how fast this topic got 21 pages. Anyway, the digital camo is very dissapionting.

Edited by slienced assassin, 11 March 2009 - 07:08 AM.

92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

http://supernerf.piczo.com/?cr=1

#309 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:17 AM

Now then, the dart tag guns, the ones that are 10 shot, i'm not going to speculate how they work but velveeta avenger said that if it doesn't load the dart in line with the barrel before you shoot he won't buy it. Well i'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it has 10 shots and you can see six of them, 3 on each side. That means there are 4 hidden, 2 at the top, two at the bottom. That also means that there isn't one lined up with the barrel in it's rest position, so it's probably like a maverick or a firefly, which really sucks because i remember the old supermax guns (i think, i bought one for my friend and the trigger was the length of the handle) were awesome and mainly because they didn't have that stupid system.

Ah, nice reasoning, my hopes are indeed dashed. The speculation mill seems to believe that you won't be flipping the turret in and out for reloading though, so hopefully it will preform more like a Firefly. Those never gave me quite as much trouble as Mavericks did.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#310 Piroko

Piroko

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:55 PM

The only other thing i can think of with a slam feature are paintball guns but those work on an entirely different principle.

Slamfire in the traditional sense refers to one of two behaviors. In an automatic weapon, it tends to refer to an undesirable situation where closing the bolt causes a discharge, which proceeds to trigger a second discharge and so forth. This was common on the Sten submachine gun because of the low manufacturing tolerances and tendency to foul the firing pin.

A second example is possible with certain types of pump action shotguns, lever rifles, and pistols, depending on age and safety features. It has in the past been possible to hold the trigger on such weapons so that pulling the hammer, cycling the lever or pumping the action would cause an immediate discharge

Most modern semiautomatic firearms are designed to prevent such operation. Lever rifles cannot engage the firing pin if the trigger was held through cycling, pump action shotguns cannot be worked without pressing a button that cannot be pressed with the trigger pulled, and some revolvers will not rotate the cylinder if the trigger is held after firing while pulling the hammer.

In a nerf gun, slam fire simply means that when the action is cycled the plunger will release immediately. Given the action design of the CS and LS and their similarity to a shotgun, I think it's safe to assume that you will pull the action back, and then slide it forward, and as soon as it locks back into place in full forward position, it will release the plunger.

Edited by Piroko, 11 March 2009 - 11:18 PM.

#311 glamdringguy15

glamdringguy15

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:54 PM

On another note..... am I the only one who really like the fact that there's more and more about Nerf that's being made 'interchangeable?' At first it sounded kind of dumb and cheesy. But now, it's seeming like something that Hasbro is really willing to stick to. It's definitely cool to be able to use a certain type of clip in different guns, or get things for the tactical rail. I feel like Hasbro needs to do more, however, like release things for the tactical rail that are much more useful. But we'll see.
QUOTE(Draconis @ Jun 17 2010, 01:56 PM) View Post

Also, would they be so devious as to retain moose, bears, and wolverines as legal council?

#312 Equilox

Equilox

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:01 PM

On another note..... am I the only one who really like the fact that there's more and more about Nerf that's being made 'interchangeable?' At first it sounded kind of dumb and cheesy. But now, it's seeming like something that Hasbro is really willing to stick to. It's definitely cool to be able to use a certain type of clip in different guns, or get things for the tactical rail. I feel like Hasbro needs to do more, however, like release things for the tactical rail that are much more useful. But we'll see.

No you're not alone. After being out of nerf for a while and then coming back to it in 2003, I was shocked to find that as time went on nerf made guns with interchangeable accessories, Laser lights, clips, scopes, ect. This is a step in a consumer friendly direction. (If only they would make Magstirke clips more available. DON'T comment on that!)
"In my Zombie plan I use my arsenal of foam to fend of the hoards of the undead as I make my way to Canada....... good luck to you Simmons."

#313 Piroko

Piroko

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:21 PM

I feel like Hasbro needs to do more, however, like release things for the tactical rail that are much more useful.

Like a foam bayonet or dart holders. Or maybe a walkie talkie. Or a railmount AS-1 (or a dual AS-1, those things were pretty small you know). Or a proper bipod.

What I'd really like to see though is a barrelmount version of the Reactor, that short ball gun, so you could have the recon with a pump action forestock that fires balls. But the torque would probably be too much for the barrelmount on a recon.

A barrelmount version of the Atom Blaster would be an acceptable alternative though.

Edited by Piroko, 12 March 2009 - 10:59 AM.

#314 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:30 PM

I almost have stopped caring for the Raider, but those Dart tage guns are great. I think if you could ramp the 10 shot up to a decent range you mar have a primary. It just yells TF2 Demoman prop to me too.

Edit: Wow, I think I killed the thread.

Edited by xtremejumpy, 18 March 2009 - 05:43 PM.

#315 Vulcanman101

Vulcanman101

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 12:05 AM

I haved died and gone to heaven NERF heaven that is,the raider looks sweet as well as the pistols!

Edited by Vulcanman101, 15 April 2009 - 11:40 AM.

#316 Gazoo

Gazoo

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 12:58 AM

I haved died and gone to heaven NERF heaven that is that big drum fed gun looks sweet but the raider even sweeter as well as the pistols!!! :o

That drum fed gun IS the raider
groove- Blatant asshattery will not be tolerated

#317 tennis8668

tennis8668

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 01:03 AM

I haved died and gone to heaven NERF heaven that is that big drum fed gun looks sweet but the raider even sweeter as well as the pistols!!! :o

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=English

Please.

#318 ELI M

ELI M

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 12:57 PM

On Wikipedia, it said the Raider came out March/April.
Chuck Norris and Lance Armstrong had a "Who has more balls" contest. Chuck won by seven.
http://elijah-m.mybrute.com

#319 Gazoo

Gazoo

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 01:02 PM

Everything I've found said this fall. I hope you are right though. I would love to see this hit the stores this month
groove- Blatant asshattery will not be tolerated

#320 1337

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 01:05 PM

On Wikipedia, it said the Raider came out March/April.

Did you read the full article?

It is due for release in stores between August and September 2009.

Join the REVOLUTION!

#321 NerfNStrikeNiteFinderModder

NerfNStrikeNiteFinderModder

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:25 AM

java script:emoticon(':lol:', 'smid_16')

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Gizmodo Video for those of you that can't click a link.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

If these pics are real I will pee my pants right now! NO JOKE!
:o :o
Nick IS AWESOME!

#322 Specops

Specops

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:41 AM

:o I am in awe.... Please Raider be a good boy and come to alaska soon.
Call Me Nerf Spec Ops

#323 sadperson123

sadperson123

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:56 AM

omg!!!!

sorry i should introduce myself my name is sadperson123 and im a nerf freak.

i lived in the usa for most of my life and i had longshot and recon now im in the uk i have vulcan and recon.

anyways look at the first picture and you will see on the box ' 2 BLASTER MODES!
SINGLE FIRE!
SMASH FIRE!

or something along those lines but still it makes it all the better :blink: :o

#324 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:13 AM

Just when we thought this thread was dead.
"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#325 Seven7h Man

Seven7h Man

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:44 AM

Never mind

Edited by Seven7h Man, 24 April 2009 - 11:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users