A Few Behind The Scenes Shots From Last Nights Shoot

44 replies to this topic

#26 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:42 PM

Posted Image

I am sorry if this is stupid, but did you find it neccesary to triple post? Like so many guys have said before, there is an edit button for a reason.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#27 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,073 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:33 PM

My god, people on this forum are incredibly harsh and puerile. Just because that behavior is typical of the internet doesn't mean we need to act that way.

You get props from me for the costumes - I know how tough it is to make them look good. You found a good setting for the photo.

#28 boom

boom

• Banned
  • 209 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:38 PM

God foamfoot took the words out of my mouth saying your photos were gay.I know that we shouldn't make fun of people for there apperence but that guy has control over those locks of gay white hair.And those guns aren't anywere near being cool or creative.
I'm just the scitzophrenic clusterfuck of randomness that is me.

#29 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:47 PM

^As if anyone ever cared about anything you ever thought, ever. I like the way the Vulcan looks, as compared to the stock gun. Not my style, but diversity is a good thing...

Edited by rork, 29 January 2009 - 07:48 PM.

<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#30 one shot one kill

one shot one kill

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:24 PM

That guy carrying the vulcan look like the super nazi in medal of honor airborne.

Edited by one shot one kill, 29 January 2009 - 08:25 PM.

#31 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts
  • State:Illinois
  • u/GearsLGLF on Reddit

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:32 PM

That guy carrying the vulcan look like the super nazi in medal of honor airborne.

No. It's Hunk (or atleast a varient of the character). And Hunk's Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service...I think.

And what's with all the hate? The guy put some work into this, and who the fuck are you guys (who have done little to no contribution to the NIC) to critisize his work. No, it may not be the "standards" that we would expect, but I see 'Haven as a NERF site. Not a strict "modding only" site. Are anime inspired characters the RE norm? No (and trust me, I'm a dork enough to know). But it's creative none the less. I'm not targeting any one single person here, and this is the internet, but really. Let's grow up.

Edited by Gears, 29 January 2009 - 09:27 PM.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#32 Salindin Naz

Salindin Naz

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:07 PM

Gears has put this wonderfully. I've personally been waiting to see these pictures and am still waiting to see the video. I mean, come on, a backpack fed Vulcan, and it actually works!! Brilliant. I love this, and am also dork enough to appreciate the anime influence. And if anyone can say that Nerf gun DON'T look anime they would be incredibly wrong.

Anyways, great work Naija Blue, I really like what you've done here, and can't wait to see if you put up a tutorial/write-up for that backpack!!

Salindin

Edited by Salindin_Naz, 29 January 2009 - 09:08 PM.

#33 foxdemon82

foxdemon82

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:09 PM

chubbs was the best freaking vulcan mod ever...and I think it takes the award for the fugliest mod ever lmfao

Edited by foxdemon82, 29 January 2009 - 09:09 PM.

QUOTE(Glint @ Feb 15 2009, 07:07 PM) View Post

So stop with all the "new Recon" crap. This thing definately isn't a Recon, I'll wager my soul. Someone can quote me on that if they'd like

#34 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:00 AM

Yeah, do me a favor and don't multiple post. Just do it all in one post. Thanks.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#35 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts
  • State:California

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:39 AM

The best part? That gas mask, I would totally buy one.

trans as shit because fuck you

#36 Fome

Fome

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:07 AM

Wow, why are so many of you being such little virgins?

Naija, cool stuff. Please continue to post more.

The rest of you, shut the fuck up. "OMFG that's liek teh gayest thing on the interwebs" is not constructive criticism. It just discourages people from thinking of, creating, and then sharing new and different stuff for us to look at. Prop work may not be the most popular aspect of the hobby, but it is nonetheless part of it.

You fucking goobers go buy toy blasters, modify them, and then go out in public and shoot each other with foam darts. I really don't think you're ones to be judging people on social norms.*

*yeah, I do too. Don't be obvious and point out the hypocrisy. The difference is I'm not flaming this guy for posting something that clearly took a lot of initiative and effort.

#37 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:24 AM

Wow, why are so many of you being such little virgins?

What does being a virgin have to do with anything? Just because someone is being a douchebag has nothing to do with them being a virgin or not.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#38 Naija Blue

Naija Blue

• Banned
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:12 PM

So this is all for a Resident Evil fan-movie? Or just a movie with Resident Evil inspired design?

I like the Vulcan and the Recon, but the Longshot isn't different enough structurally to stand out to me.

I find this stuff pretty interesting, I had a friend who went to school for film making and I've been in some of his projects. He would probably think that it's pretty silly to spend 250 on a prop for a fan-movie though, so make sure you keep it around to use on a movie you could possibly make some money off of someday.

its more or less for a RE fan flick. its based around a UCBS squad, like in RE 2.

Yes, the LS is the most bland, we are working on that though.

-NAI-

If its RE, please lose the anime like hair.

And as long as its Nerf guns you can post. I don't think anyone would mind bikini chicks with Nerf.... Well.... Atleast I wouldn't. Just kidding

And I understand the tactical like, but to take it to the next level, you should really write in some fake mumbo jumbo about calibers and stuff on the side. it would add a nice touch that the simple flat black needs.

No worries there, in the movie the entire team is wearing the gas masks. Myself included. The only faces you will see will be the zombies, and the beastie. The only reason that happened as it did was the photographer who shot the actual photos( not the behind the scenes stuff I posted here) requested the wig after seeing some shots of me wearing it on my myspace. I feel the same as you. That its out of place in the RE realm, but what the hell.

Hot Bikini chicks with nerf photos. Who else wants to see it? I want some votes here guys!

I understand that, engraving them was talking about, but the way this thing is going to be shot that detail would get lost, but perhaps it can be done in the ones that we make for sale on the website. We also are waiting on a variety of small decals, that we are going to work into various pieces.

-NAI-

#39 BendyStraw

BendyStraw

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:32 PM

I can't say I'm surprised at the amount of little boys whining about anime hair on the internet when they secretly fap to hentai and cut themselves while playing Persona 4.

Sweet guns, awesome outfits (did you design that backpack yourself? I'd love to see a plan) and I definitely love that girl's high-heels. Every girl with a gun has to have hot high heels. I can tell that it all took a metric ton of work to do, and I applaud it. Ignore these underage flamers, seriously.
WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY HARD TO READ!

#40 Naija Blue

Naija Blue

• Banned
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:36 PM

God foamfoot took the words out of my mouth saying your photos were gay.I know that we shouldn't make fun of people for there apperence but that guy has control over those locks of gay white hair.And those guns aren't anywere near being cool or creative.

Nice choice as jay for your avatar. I've always been a fan. Heres a shot my friend Sam and I did a little while back.

Posted Image

Its called Would you f*** me?........... I'd f*** me............

As for the guns, they are supposed to look sort of like the guns from RE. With the exception of the Vulcan of course. you want creativity and cool. I have it on my website.

-NAI-

#41 Fome

Fome

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:44 PM

What does being a virgin have to do with anything? Just because someone is being a douchebag has nothing to do with them being a virgin or not.

To quote my own dad: "Wow, you've gotten a lot cooler since you got laid."

#42 Naija Blue

Naija Blue

• Banned
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:50 PM

I can't say I'm surprised at the amount of little boys whining about anime hair on the internet when they secretly fap to hentai and cut themselves while playing Persona 4.

Sweet guns, awesome outfits (did you design that backpack yourself? I'd love to see a plan) and I definitely love that girl's high-heels. Every girl with a gun has to have hot high heels. I can tell that it all took a metric ton of work to do, and I applaud it. Ignore these underage flamers, seriously.

lol. I'm sure there is some truth there.

Thanks so much. it is rare to find someone who has such an eye and understands how much work goes into these things. The backpack is actually a Boblbee backpack with a custom made anti-jam feed tube which is screwed into the side, and the chain is then run through it and fed to the gun. We had made a pack from scratch, but opted to go with the Boblbee instead. Due to looks and functionality.

I also agree that girls with guns have to be rocking high heels. My wife will be happy to hear you liked her shot. :) We are working on a series of just hot chicks with guns.

Feel free to have a look at my myspace. myspace.com/naijablue, and she is myspace.com/AdrianneAnderson.

Theres some fun images there. Feel free to ad me as well.

take care and thanks again!

-NAI-

#43 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:06 PM

To quote my own dad: "Wow, you've gotten a lot cooler since you got laid."

I'm sorry that you were a loser virgin, but I know lots of people that were douches before having sex, and they are bigger douches now. I know it's hard to hear, but maybe your dad is wrong. If you have anything else to say, pm me. No need to clutter Nai's thread with this crap.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#44 Fome

Fome

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:48 PM

I'm sorry that you were a loser virgin, but I know lots of people that were douches before having sex, and they are bigger douches now. I know it's hard to hear, but maybe your dad is wrong. If you have anything else to say, pm me. No need to clutter Nai's thread with this crap.

Nah, I was still a cool kid, just a lot more up-tight about silly things like... people using words like "gay" and "virgin" in places where they acted more like expressions instead of the literal meaning. Get my point? Don't reply to this or PM me, just chill out... ... ... virgin.

On topic: Can we get some more details on the backpack fed vulcan? I'd really like to see how it works with that long of a chain and the tube you mentioned. Also, the (seemingly) faux barrel can't be helping ranges. Do you actually fire nerf darts in the video or are you going to somehow create some kind of artificial barrel flash?

#45 Naija Blue

Naija Blue

• Banned
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:09 PM

The barrel is actually just for show, but it does house a cpvc barrel inside of it to keep the range constant. All of the guns that are going to be used in the film are going to actually fire. We are working on a few different ideas to make the effects look more real. One of them was a muzzle flash.

After a few trial runs on camera we decided the most unrealistic thing was the fact that we want these to fire the darts. So we added siliencers, compensators, extended mags, LED bulbs in the scopes to make them have a night vision look, and orange led bulbs in the tips to give off a slight muzzle flash.

-NAI-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users