Photo

3rd Annual Mnsbw

157 replies to this topic

#1 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:44 PM

Since neither Hilt nor Sam is able to host this war, I will be hosting it this year. It's a strange feeling, because this war has always been hosted by old-vets in the past. Here's the info:

Date: March 28th, 2009
Time: ARRIVE at 9:00. End time is played by ear, most likely around 4 or 5.

900 N Fairview Ave, Saint Paul, MN 55104

Attendees:
-Venom
-koree
-VelveetaAvenger +1
-BustaNinja
-Atomatron
-NerfCrazy
-Secret Assassin
-MercenaryXero
-Ryan McNumbers

Maybes:
-Daniel Beaver

Banned guns: The usual stuff, plugged Big Blasts, or anything else that we deem too powerful. I'm not going to completely rule anything out (except plugged 4bs and NGGs) until I see it in person, so, if you aren't sure, bring it and we'll see. Don't bring guns that look questionably like a real firearm either.

Edited by venom213, 26 March 2009 - 04:41 PM.

#2 koree

koree

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:49 PM

Barring anything unforeseen, I'll be there.

Koree

#3 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:56 PM

...actually, I will be able to make that.

But, since I don't really live there anymore, I guess it's time to pass the baton.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#4 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 05:15 PM

Its a ways out, but I should be free for it. You can probably count my friend in also.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#5 killer nerf

killer nerf

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 05:50 PM

I might be available then and if go i will bring a friend or 2. but whats the minimum age? i have some neighbors that are 11 and would wanna go (sorry for my grammer and spelling i had to type it fast)

Edited by killer nerf, 21 January 2009 - 05:52 PM.

#6 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 06:12 PM

I might be available then and if go i will bring a friend or 2. but whats the minimum age? i have some neighbors that are 11 and would wanna go (sorry for my grammer and spelling i had to type it fast)

As long as they are fine with some sexual humor (from me), swearing, and getting hit with home made darts. They can leave some nasty welts. If you deem them old enough, then by all means, however we WILL NOT be responsible for them. We are minors too, and therefore are legally free, but Hilt is not, and Im sure he doesn't want a lawsuit.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#7 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:32 AM

: o) No, I don't. I can hardly afford to be where I am.
*in a dorm.*

I trust you won't hold ANY of us liable for anything that happens though. Nerf is about having fun, and part of having fun is taking risks.
You know, like getting shot.

That being said, this isn't my war. I can say I won't be loaning guns to them. It's nothing personal; just that the last 11-year-old I loaned a gun to dented it, lost a clip, and tried to pay me back only $1.68 of the $10 clip.
In pennies.

But I am more than happy to Nerf with them. : o)

EDIT: I hate to do this, but put me as a maybe. It depends on when I can get plane tickets. Most likely and hopefully I'll be there, but on the off chance it can't happen I don't want to disappoint you guys.

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 22 January 2009 - 03:01 PM.

" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
V

#8 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:29 PM

Julian: What's your status on attending this war?

Hilt: I very much hope you'll be able to come, because an MNSBW is not complete if no old vets are there. Speaking of old vets, does anybody have contact besides the forum with Ryan, Carrtoon and Elf?

#9 tatertotguy

tatertotguy

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:36 PM

I am a maybe. My SNAP is finished I just need to paint it.
"So thats when she says, 'No that's my belly button'."

#10 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:16 PM

Im a fer sure. I will be all there. My friend too probably.

#11 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:50 PM

I'll be there. Knowing me, I'll probably come with another trunk-full of blasters to sell.

#12 killer nerf

killer nerf

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:16 PM

ok thx guys they are fine with all that stuff i just wanted to know cuz in the vids u guys look older than them so didnt want u guys to get mad. B)

#13 killer nerf

killer nerf

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:21 PM

I'll be there. Knowing me, I'll probably come with another trunk-full of blasters to sell.

hmmm i might be able to take a few of those off your hands. B)

#14 atomatron

atomatron

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:36 PM

I'll be there. (barring any unforseen problems)
Hopefully (for me, not you) I'll also have my SMR done by then....

I'll probably come with another trunk-full of blasters to sell.

Good, I still need more guns.

On a side note; do you still have the broken RF20?
Perche Germolgi. [Because it shoots]

Rainbow Clan

#15 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:52 PM

ok thx guys they are fine with all that stuff i just wanted to know cuz in the vids u guys look older than them so didnt want u guys to get mad. B)

And remember, if you say "lol" in real life, I will shoot you.

Oh, got my secondary done. Nitefinder, nothing special. Althought it feels really good this time. I don't know what it is, but it just feels good.

I hope we get to see this magical trunk.

#16 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:01 AM

I will not be attending. However, would anyone be interested in something on April 11? I'll be gone for spring break, but April 11 is my "easter" break, so I'd be willing to host something then, possibly.

#17 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:10 AM

Possibly. If I came home for just a weekend, I would probably spend most of it with my girlfriend. So... possibly.

I'm pretty sure Ryan and Carrtoon are out for a while. Ryan had very, very legitimate personal issues which nobody but him has the right to discuss, and Carrtoon is studying f'ing hard in college.

As for Elf, he and I are still good friends. But, I don't think he's touched a Nerf gun since his last war. As well, I don't find he's usually very responsive or responsible about finding the time to come to wars, so I think he's out too.

Sorry. : o,
V

#18 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:24 AM

Possibly. If I came home for just a weekend, I would probably spend most of it with my girlfriend. So... possibly.

I'm pretty sure Ryan and Carrtoon are out for a while. Ryan had very, very legitimate personal issues which nobody but him has the right to discuss, and Carrtoon is studying f'ing hard in college.

As for Elf, he and I are still good friends. But, I don't think he's touched a Nerf gun since his last war. As well, I don't find he's usually very responsive or responsible about finding the time to come to wars, so I think he's out too.

Sorry. : o,

Poo... thats about all I can say.

It seems while MN has the most wars because we are fucking badass, we also have the most weird situations that Nerfers find themselves in.

Ryan told people what happened in another thread. If people really want to know, they can search.

To bad man. Looks like us newer Nerfers are carrying on the Spring Break Nerf Out without you guys. Don't worry, we'll get footage and have a 21 Nerf gun salute

#19 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:39 PM

Ok, we'll I'm just gonna scratch the idea of something on April 11. See you dudes in the summer. Look for something in May hosted by me.

#20 tatertotguy

tatertotguy

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:48 PM

March 14 isn't a good day for me. I would be up to any other day. I will probably host a war sometime this summer in Golden Valley at that awesome park.
"So thats when she says, 'No that's my belly button'."

#21 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:57 PM

March 14 isn't a good day for me. I would be up to any other day. I will probably host a war sometime this summer in Golden Valley at that awesome park.

The 14th isn't necessarily the final date, but it's the most likely. If there is another person who wants the date changed, and if changing the date will allow more people to attend, I'll change it.

#22 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:54 PM

After buying just a big blast at a thrift store today, my parents got super pissed at me, so now I really need to sell some guns to make space for the shit load of guns I'm going to buy from beaver. So here's what I'm going to sell so far:

Posted Image

Pictured:
-SM250, stock
-SM350, barrel tips cut off
$13 BustaNinja-AT1500, at2k tank with imaseoulman's flow extension mod in a SM1500 shell with 6" thinwall CPVC barrels (which is like 17/32" brass). I still have the orange part if you want it.
-Sonic Bazooka
-LNL, 3.5" 17/32" brass barrel, with wire in the back so the dart doesn't get in plunger tube, Chainblazer spring
-Blastfire, Pegs removed, the o-ring is a little dry but could be replaced
-Max D 2000 super soaker, stock. I can include a beastly replacement pump and tubing.
-Beaver has dibs SM500, stock barrel cut off, and shell cut down
-Magstrike, 1 clip with pegs cut out, 2 CPVCed clips that could probably made to work with some modifications, and finally a clip with the back part mostly destroyed.
-1st Gen NF, Stock

Not pictured:
-Stock NFs
-Stock Mavs
-Stock old style TTGs
-Master Blaster
-Vulcan chain with pegs removed

Give me your offers. I can do commission work like mods and paintjobs, I have done it before for BustaNinja.

Edited by venom213, 31 January 2009 - 05:50 PM.

#23 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:13 PM

how much would you let that 1500 go for? and yeah, I would want the orange part.

#24 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:15 PM

Would the master blaster come with balls by any chance? I've heard the green Nerf balls won't work with old ball guns.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#25 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:02 PM

Is that my old Sonic Bazooka? I'll take it back for free if you want :lol:

I may be interested in the SM500. Is the air tank valve exposed? That is, could I just slap a PVC coupler on there and call it good?

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 26 January 2009 - 05:07 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users